FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > What level of adult have I reached?

What level of adult have I reached?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *irthandgirth OP   Man  over a year ago

Camberley occasionally doncaster

So my ex wife has just messaged me asking advice for her current divorce.

At first I was thrown a little, but I actually like the fact that we are in a place where we can discuss this like adults.

Do I get a badge or sticker for this?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *inx.x3Woman  over a year ago

Bath

"So my ex wife has just messaged me asking advice for her current divorce.

At first I was thrown a little, but I actually like the fact that we are in a place where we can discuss this like adults.

"

You can have a rainbow sticker for being mature

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

That's McDonald's 5 gold star badge level adulting. Well done!

By *om and JennieCouple  over a year ago

Chams or Socials

"That's McDonald's 5 gold star badge level adulting. Well done! "

He’s too old for 5 stars!!

J x

"That's McDonald's 5 gold star badge level adulting. Well done!

He’s too old for 5 stars!!

J x"

A jingly bell and streamers for his zimmer then.

By *HaRiFMan  over a year ago

Beyond the shadows.

Blue Peter badge in the post

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

A hey Duggee squirrel club badge

By *ighty_tightyMan  over a year ago

Norfolk/Suffolk

That deserves half a curly wurly and a chocolate watch

I might need to break out my boy scout sash for all these badges

However it does seem she has some very different memories surrounding our divorce.

I'm keeping quiet. No point rocking the boat when it doesn't matter any more.

Norfolk/Suffolk

"However it does seem she has some very different memories surrounding our divorce.

I'm keeping quiet. No point rocking the boat when it doesn't matter any more."

There's always three sides to a story

"

You get a badge definitely. But I think it's more that you are both being amicable....its when it's something that don't parties want and hate gets involved the level of maturity drops

By *rAitchMan  over a year ago

Diagonally Parked in a Parallel Universe

Only 4 stars from me, as you started the first sentence with 'So'.

Its always good to be amicable.

I'm about to start the process of divorce, after a few years of separation, and I hope we can remain reasonable and pleasant to each other

"

Did you give advice to her ?

"Its always good to be amicable.

I'm about to start the process of divorce, after a few years of separation, and I hope we can remain reasonable and pleasant to each other "

So do l

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"

Lucky you... Rather get along with people than not. Yes have a celebration.

Level 7. Thought that was fairly obvious.

By *affron40Woman  over a year ago

manchester

It’s a great place to be. My ex husband and I are solid friends and absolutely have each other’s back. We are 14 years down the road now and I hope it stays this way.

"Its always good to be amicable.

I'm about to start the process of divorce, after a few years of separation, and I hope we can remain reasonable and pleasant to each other "

If its amicable then I would suggest just downloading the paperwork online and filling it out. You don't need solicitors. I just paid for mine on my card at the court.

Did you give advice to her ?"

Of course. Openly and honestly

"It’s a great place to be. My ex husband and I are solid friends and absolutely have each other’s back. We are 14 years down the road now and I hope it stays this way. "

It took a long while for us to be amicable. She was very toxic for a long time, used my daughter as a pawn. I just kept my mouth shut and took all the abuse. Now I am comfortable that I never stooped low.

"However it does seem she has some very different memories surrounding our divorce.

There's always three sides to a story"

Very true. However during the conversation today she said she "wasn't greedy and didn't go after my pension"

She absolutely did try and didn't get it.

Well done

By *affron40Woman  over a year ago

manchester

"It’s a great place to be. My ex husband and I are solid friends and absolutely have each other’s back. We are 14 years down the road now and I hope it stays this way.

It took a long while for us to be amicable. She was very toxic for a long time, used my daughter as a pawn. I just kept my mouth shut and took all the abuse. Now I am comfortable that I never stooped low. "

I think often that’s the hardest but most rewarding thing.. taking the shit but not throwing it back. Everything looks so much different years down the line.

By *hoirCouple  over a year ago

Bury St Edmunds/Clacton

I'm keeping quiet. No point rocking the boat when it doesn't matter any more."

Pretty certain you get extra brownie points for this too

P

Norfolk/Suffolk

Very true. However during the conversation today she said she "wasn't greedy and didn't go after my pension"

She absolutely did try and didn't get it. "

Mine says the same, she tried to fleece me for everything. After legal advice I offered her my pension as I would have been entitled to half hers which was considerably more than mine

By *uckslut and MCouple  over a year ago

Poole

I thought fab currency was cake. . Have yourself a big slice for breakfast. Can't get more adult than that.

Mine says the same, she tried to fleece me for everything. After legal advice I offered her my pension as I would have been entitled to half hers which was considerably more than mine

"

I had to buy her out of our home and she got all the equity (it was nearly paid off from a life insurance payout from my cancer), everything in it and I was left with 30k debt. As we were about to sign the clean break order she told me she wanted half my pension and gratuity too.

I told her if she wanted half my pension she was only getting half the equity. Her choice. She took the equity. (She needed it for a deposit on her own place)

You could've advised her to stick all her assets in your name "just in case"

Norfolk/Suffolk

I had to buy her out of our home and she got all the equity (it was nearly paid off from a life insurance payout from my cancer), everything in it and I was left with 30k debt. As we were about to sign the clean break order she told me she wanted half my pension and gratuity too.

I told her if she wanted half my pension she was only getting half the equity. Her choice. She took the equity. (She needed it for a deposit on her own place)"

I had to buy her out too. She tried to sell the house from underneath me, lied to prospective buyers, lied to the estate agent etc. Wanted more than I could offer and afford.

Didn't leave me in debt, luckily, but I am mortgaged for forever.

We are better off without them

I told her if she wanted half my pension she was only getting half the equity. Her choice. She took the equity. (She needed it for a deposit on her own place)

I had to buy her out too. She tried to sell the house from underneath me, lied to prospective buyers, lied to the estate agent etc. Wanted more than I could offer and afford.

We are better off without them"

That was a shitty move on her part. Took me almost 8 years to get debt free. I'm lucky I have managed to get back on the property ladder.

Not sure how someone can sell a house from under you if your name is on the deed...

Pretty certain you get extra brownie points for this too

P"

Thank you

Norfolk/Suffolk

That was a shitty move on her part. Took me almost 8 years to get debt free. I'm lucky I have managed to get back on the property ladder.

Not sure how someone can sell a house from under you if your name is on the deed..."

Yep, the lawyer realised first and told her she would no longer represent her. The estate agent then told me what was going on. She did lots of dubious things.

Onwards and upwards!

Not sure how someone can sell a house from under you if your name is on the deed...

Yep, the lawyer realised first and told her she would no longer represent her. The estate agent then told me what was going on. She did lots of dubious things.

Onwards and upwards!"

I will drink to that fella..

» Add a new message to this topic