FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Another meet while waiting for a no show

Another meet while waiting for a no show

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Tonight i had a meet arranged, gave details as to where to pick me up and time.i got to the place he was supposed to be.he wasnt there. I waited ten mins and as i was about to go home a man who used to be on fab who i had met before stopped in car as he had reconised me.i told him what had happened and he asked me if i wanted fun with him? So i did.when i got back home the guy who let me down had left the site.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

All's well that ends well then

By *enelope2UWoman  over a year ago

Fife

I'd say the 2nd former fab guy was a guardian angel.. you never know with people from this site...be safe

By *LiamMan  over a year ago

Midlands

Sounds like a lot of effort to me

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"I'd say the 2nd former fab guy was a guardian angel.. you never know with people from this site...be safe"
yes i was lucky as he saw me waiting and stopped.hes a good guy.

By *oiluvfunMan  over a year ago

Penrith

"Tonight i had a meet arranged, gave details as to where to pick me up and time.i got to the place he was supposed to be.he wasnt there. I waited ten mins and as i was about to go home a man who used to be on fab who i had met before stopped in car as he had reconised me.i told him what had happened and he asked me if i wanted fun with him? So i did.when i got back home the guy who let me down had left the site."

Glad to hear you’ve had a good night, even if it wasn’t how you planned it

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

You sure guy 1 isn't really guy 2 with fake pics.

By *LiamMan  over a year ago

Midlands

"You sure guy 1 isn't really guy 2 with fake pics. "
fair point

By *az87260Man  over a year ago

seend

To have a meet would be great personally I wouldn't miss it

Oh, that is too creepy to contemplate. I suppose the meet was a bit coincidental …

"You sure guy 1 isn't really guy 2 with fake pics.

Oh, that is too creepy to contemplate. I suppose the meet was a bit coincidental …"

Does sound a bit too convenient. I wonder how he'd have responded if you said no and it was him all along! He'd be kicking himself as he already had the meet arranged!

By *ake-Me-FeelWoman  over a year ago

Sussex

This was my first thought

Wow what a coincedence, he happened to just be passing by with no other plans at the same time you were looking for a meet.

By *unandgamegeekMan  over a year ago

Bolton

Blimey. This is similar to what happened to me a few years ago.

I was at a hotel waiting to meet someone off Fab but she didn't turn up and completely ghosted me. I messaged a friend on Fab about it and could tell I was upset about it so she asked if I would like to come along with her and her friend to the Gatehouse and I said yeah.

By *rhugesMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

So you were standing at a particular spot and a guy you knew from FS just happened to be passing at the same time you were meant to be meeting some one. That sounds very suspicious. I don't believe in coincidences something very fishy going on there

I thought that

By *he_Last_TitanMan  over a year ago

Bristol

A plausible explanation for the random ‘drive by’.

Oh, that is too creepy to contemplate. I suppose the meet was a bit coincidental …"

im phoning miss marple to investigate this ... all to the drawing room !

By *he_Last_TitanMan  over a year ago

Bristol

Oh, that is too creepy to contemplate. I suppose the meet was a bit coincidental …

im phoning miss marple to investigate this ... all to the drawing room ! "

Columbo would do a better job

im phoning miss marple to investigate this ... all to the drawing room !

Columbo would do a better job"

dont have enough posts left for his absent mindedness... though i loved peter falk..

Yes sounds like that was the man who was texting her but that's crazy if it was he could have just asked

By *ellhungvweMan  over a year ago

Cheltenham

Why all the conspiracy theories? Random events happen all the time. It is just one of those things.

By *asual777Man  over a year ago

i travel all over

I tend to alert close fab female friends when I have meets planned with people at risk of not showing up

Sometimes I get rescued sometimes I don’t

By *BVNWoman  over a year ago

Swansea

"Tonight i had a meet arranged, gave details as to where to pick me up and time.i got to the place he was supposed to be.he wasnt there. I waited ten mins and as i was about to go home a man who used to be on fab who i had met before stopped in car as he had reconised me.i told him what had happened and he asked me if i wanted fun with him? So i did.when i got back home the guy who let me down had left the site."

I don't want to rain on your parade but I will give you my thoughts.... I think you have been played, this was a scenario concocted by the '2nd' guy.

To give benefit of the doubt had you had a live video call or a social meet with 'guy #1'? ... I have a feeling you will say 'no'.

You said the 2nd guy used to have a profile on fab but has left the site. Could it be possible that he is behind the guy #1 profile? It's a fake/cover profile.

I don't believe in coincidence, I always seek a logical explanation and therefore my musings can be a bit party pooperish. I am not intending to make you feel awkward or embarrassed but I do think the 2nd guy knew where you'd be, he is the guy pretending to be guy#1 and you have enacted a fantasy scenario for him.

It was also odd how the profile for guy#1 went UNLOS, I think that profile served its purpose and he will keep creating new profiles whilst the thrill of these kind of meets gives him his release.

My advice to you is to be much more savvy about who you meet, meet them socially or live video chat first.

NBVN x

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

"Why all the conspiracy theories? Random events happen all the time. It is just one of those things."

Of course coincidence happens agreed x

By *dam_TinaCouple  over a year ago

Hampshire

"So you were standing at a particular spot and a guy you knew from FS just happened to be passing at the same time you were meant to be meeting some one. That sounds very suspicious. I don't believe in coincidences something very fishy going on there"

You don't believe in coincidences ?

By *avie65Man  over a year ago

In the west.

I think you have got that spot on, it was my first thought as well. This was too much of a coincidence OP.

By *ackandtheunicornCouple  over a year ago

liverpool

This is too good.

When is the netflix documentary being released?

"The fab Swindler"

"Inventing man 2"

"Tonight i had a meet arranged, gave details as to where to pick me up and time.i got to the place he was supposed to be.he wasnt there. I waited ten mins and as i was about to go home a man who used to be on fab who i had met before stopped in car as he had reconised me.i told him what had happened and he asked me if i wanted fun with him? So i did.when i got back home the guy who let me down had left the site.

I don't want to rain on your parade but I will give you my thoughts.... I think you have been played, this was a scenario concocted by the '2nd' guy.

To give benefit of the doubt had you had a live video call or a social meet with 'guy #1'? ... I have a feeling you will say 'no'.

You said the 2nd guy used to have a profile on fab but has left the site. Could it be possible that he is behind the guy #1 profile? It's a fake/cover profile.

I don't believe in coincidence, I always seek a logical explanation and therefore my musings can be a bit party pooperish. I am not intending to make you feel awkward or embarrassed but I do think the 2nd guy knew where you'd be, he is the guy pretending to be guy#1 and you have enacted a fantasy scenario for him.

It was also odd how the profile for guy#1 went UNLOS, I think that profile served its purpose and he will keep creating new profiles whilst the thrill of these kind of meets gives him his release.

My advice to you is to be much more savvy about who you meet, meet them socially or live video chat first.

NBVN x

"

By *dalisqueWoman  over a year ago

land of make believe

Didn't something very similar to this happen to you not so long ago?

An arranged meet ghosting you then someone you knew 'saving the day' ?

Was it the same guy both times?

I always try to verify people myself with a phone or videocall

Even just exchanging numbers.

Stay safe xx

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

Heck you all have suspicious minds, that thought never even crossed my mind that 'man 2' was 'man 1'.

But yes, the more I read the comments and think about it, it does seem it's been that way.

Please be careful OP.

Ruby

By *oiluvfunMan  over a year ago

Penrith

"Wow what a coincedence, he happened to just be passing by with no other plans at the same time you were looking for a meet."

I have a feeling the place she was standing is a well known dogging spot locally…….

By *uriousscouserWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

Coincidences can and do happen.

I arranged a coffee with a guy from here who I was fairly sure would be a no-show, so I arranged it at a place that suited me, pretty much on my doorstep.

Sitting drinking my coffee when a guy I'd been chatting to on another site messaged me to say he was sitting outside the same cafe at that moment and did I fancy having coffee with him.

Had coffee and then took him back to mine afterwards (pointless wasting a freshly shaved ladygarden). All's well that ends well.

By *oystick-MCRMan  over a year ago

Manchester | London

"Coincidences can and do happen.

I arranged a coffee with a guy from here who I was fairly sure would be a no-show, so I arranged it at a place that suited me, pretty much on my doorstep.

Sitting drinking my coffee when a guy I'd been chatting to on another site messaged me to say he was sitting outside the same cafe at that moment and did I fancy having coffee with him.

Had coffee and then took him back to mine afterwards (pointless wasting a freshly shaved ladygarden). All's well that ends well."

If a woman did this to me I’d run

Wirral

Had coffee and then took him back to mine afterwards (pointless wasting a freshly shaved ladygarden). All's well that ends well.

If a woman did this to me I’d run "

Hopefully you wouldn't stand her up so it wouldn't be a situation that would occur!

By *oystick-MCRMan  over a year ago

Manchester | London

Hopefully you wouldn't stand her up so it wouldn't be a situation that would occur!"

Referring to the person that happened to be sitting outside whilst you wait for for the intended meet

I don't believe in coincidences. All sounds very suspicious to me and it does seem the most plausible explanation is that no 1 guy and no 2 gut, is the same guy x

"I don't believe in coincidences. All sounds very suspicious to me and it does seem the most plausible explanation is that no 1 guy and no 2 gut, is the same guy x"

Guy!

By *cottieboy123Man  over a year ago

Perth

"I don't believe in coincidences. All sounds very suspicious to me and it does seem the most plausible explanation is that no 1 guy and no 2 gut, is the same guy x

Guy!"

Could have been a hefty bloke, they eat plenty of pies in County Durham, dont they, pet?

Wirral

Hopefully you wouldn't stand her up so it wouldn't be a situation that would occur!

Referring to the person that happened to be sitting outside whilst you wait for for the intended meet"

Fair play. He was thankfully fine with it, when he messaged me that he was in my neck of the woods happily sitting in the sun outside the coffee shop and did I fancy meeting up I explained that I was inside the same coffee shop having been stood up (he knows I'm on this site and knows how flaky it can be because he used to be on here himself).

Seemed easy enough to have coffee together rather than sitting apart, but I get how that wouldn't be for everyone.

My last no show was in a Costa, waited an hour and finally got a message back saying they backed out, was about to leave when barista came over to clear the table and saw was messaging on here so smiled then asked my username, 10 minutes later got a mail asking if wanted a meet that evening when she finished so good things happen when things go wrong.

"My last no show was in a Costa, waited an hour and finally got a message back saying they backed out, was about to leave when barista came over to clear the table and saw was messaging on here so smiled then asked my username, 10 minutes later got a mail asking if wanted a meet that evening when she finished so good things happen when things go wrong."

I’ve told you before about falling asleep in Costa! x

Wirral

"My last no show was in a Costa, waited an hour and finally got a message back saying they backed out, was about to leave when barista came over to clear the table and saw was messaging on here so smiled then asked my username, 10 minutes later got a mail asking if wanted a meet that evening when she finished so good things happen when things go wrong."

All's well that ends well!

"My last no show was in a Costa, waited an hour and finally got a message back saying they backed out, was about to leave when barista came over to clear the table and saw was messaging on here so smiled then asked my username, 10 minutes later got a mail asking if wanted a meet that evening when she finished so good things happen when things go wrong.

I’ve told you before about falling asleep in Costa! x"

Well next time show up

x

" x"

Anyway you at least didn't draw on my face as I slept

By *urga2076Woman  over a year ago

London

"Wow what a coincedence, he happened to just be passing by with no other plans at the same time you were looking for a meet."

I’d say there was more than luck going on here

By *ex HolesMan  over a year ago

Up North

The ultimate white knight

By *onnyJohnMan  over a year ago

Doncaster

As some have said, maybe guy1 is guy2 ...

Mmmm, coincidence ? Some say there is no such thing. Sounds a bit suss to me

Meets like that are the best ones

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

Right place at the right time!

» Add a new message to this topic