FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Couple asking for advice

Couple asking for advice

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *uv2kiss OP   Man  over a year ago

fenland

I saw a post in which a new couple were asking for advice.

I won't say about what as it will possibly identify them.

But I was able to help so spent a fair bit of time giving them advice, covering possible repercussions depending on what avenue they take, and sent it.

They read it yesterday and that's it not a word in reply, I had hoped for at least a thank you.

But nothing, I had not written it as an intro just trying to be helpful in an area not many would know about.

Rant over lol.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iss SJWoman  over a year ago

Hull

Maybe one of the couple read it and left it for the other one to see when they were next available?

By *uenevereWoman  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

I'm assuming it was a forum thread.

In which case, if it was me, I woyld probably be less than impressed that you sent a private message, rather that responding on the thread. Though the content of the message would dictate the response, if any and whether it was positive.

By *haneportsMan  over a year ago

portsmouth

I’ve helped many people before. Some have been very grateful but some don’t bother to thank you. It’s life I’m afraid.

I just don’t answer monosyllabic impolite mail now.

By *immyinreadingMan  over a year ago

henley on thames

"I saw a post in which a new couple were asking for advice.

I won't say about what as it will possibly identify them.

But I was able to help so spent a fair bit of time giving them advice, covering possible repercussions depending on what avenue they take, and sent it.

They read it yesterday and that's it not a word in reply, I had hoped for at least a thank you.

But nothing, I had not written it as an intro just trying to be helpful in an area not many would know about.

Rant over lol."

Unfortunately, that’s pretty normal, particularly with an initial message. That discourages people from putting so much effort into an initiative message as you have done.

And often happens that you start dialogue with someone like this and then they vanish. My theory is that some of these people are fantasists, or get a hit carried away with what they say they want to do and when confronted by the reality they panic.

fenland

"I'm assuming it was a forum thread.

In which case, if it was me, I woyld probably be less than impressed that you sent a private message, rather that responding on the thread. Though the content of the message would dictate the response, if any and whether it was positive."

It was not a forum thread. It was on their status asking for advice

fenland

"I’ve helped many people before. Some have been very grateful but some don’t bother to thank you. It’s life I’m afraid.

I just don’t answer monosyllabic impolite mail now. "

Its not often I do it, but it was in a very niche subject that I have 3 years experience of.

But hey ho, I got it off my chest

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Couples and single women get a lot of messages to reply to. I wouldn't take it personally or let it bother you.

I only accept advice off people I fancy

"I only accept advice off people I fancy "

I mean, I don't, but others will

There is a train of thought that suggests any help off a man off here is loaded with intent

I think it's sad, but there ya go

By *uenevereWoman  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"I'm assuming it was a forum thread.

In which case, if it was me, I woyld probably be less than impressed that you sent a private message, rather that responding on the thread. Though the content of the message would dictate the response, if any and whether it was positive.

It was not a forum thread. It was on their status asking for advice"

Ah, see how easy it is to not get the correct message across in text?

Post = forum to me, not status update.

In that case, it's probably as another poster said, maybe only one has read it.

Either way, I don't expect thanks or gratitude for being helpful, though a thanks would be lovely, it's nice to be nice regardless.

It’s rude. No excuse really.

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

I’ve given and received comments/advice from a forum post and have given and received thanks. Even if only one half has read it then it’s only polite to send a message.

Some forum posts are delicate and that is one reason why I’d message privately.

By *ommo60Man  over a year ago

STOCKPORT

you say they only read it yesterday..blimey give them chance

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

Don't take it personally o/p Men vastly outnumber Women and couples so they must have a lot of messages/posts to get through. Good luck!

maybe as they are a couple asking for advice they wanted it from another couple as i suspect most couples asking would .. not being rude in anyway but when we were new all those years ago we took advice from couples as we wanted couples advice not singles ...

also op you decided to give them advice they never asked you so they dont need to reply .... also 3 years expirence swinging wise is nothing thats still newbie stage

» Add a new message to this topic