FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > 2022 fitness goals

2022 fitness goals

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So 2021 is almost behind us.. What are your fitness goals for 2022

How are you planning to achieve them? How do you motivate yourself to stay on plan?

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *xydadbodMan  over a year ago

Milton keynes

I wanna try and aim for a 20k run. Been stuck on 15k for ages so time I up the challenge a bit. I just need the right mentality now

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Move slightly more. That'll do.

I want to gain a few lbs of muscle and then shift a few lbs of body fat. My training is always consistent so no need to motivate myself but my diet is another story.

I’ve got a holiday booked so I’m hoping that motivates me to sort my diet out.

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

Going to keep up with the walking and just need pool time to tone

To finally do 150kg conventional deadlift

Improve core and stamina, try to work on upper body but without causing more damage to an already knackered shoulder.

Ideally get back to a 32 waist and tone back up again

I’m hoping to be in a position to get back to it properly, rather than ticking over as o have been for quite a while.

By *egoMan  over a year ago

Preston

Just keep moving, I’ve done my rehab challenge this year..

I just want to be comfortable from now on.

By *ixedDevilMan  over a year ago

Bootyville

Im hoping to achieve a bum like hours OP. What do I meed to do?

By *uby StarCouple  over a year ago

Durham

I'm hoping my work load over the next few months will make me fitter and loose me a stone in weight like it did the same time last year.

By *etcplCouple  over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

I need to rehab my shoulder to get back a decent range of movement.

Lots and lots of flogging and impact work should help.

"I wanna try and aim for a 20k run. Been stuck on 15k for ages so time I up the challenge a bit. I just need the right mentality now "

That sounds like an achievable goal! How long does it take to run 15k?

"Move slightly more. That'll do. "

Every step helps!

By *oeBeansMan  over a year ago

Derby

Erm... I've never really had set goals in mind. Ivet always just wanted to improve more on what I'm currently doing and change where possible.

Perhaps get a better cardio program in because it's very weight heavy (no pun intended) with only like 40 min walks a day plus 10 cardio warm ups before my session

"I want to gain a few lbs of muscle and then shift a few lbs of body fat. My training is always consistent so no need to motivate myself but my diet is another story.

I’ve got a holiday booked so I’m hoping that motivates me to sort my diet out."

Diet is a mindset isn't it. I've got two more croissants in the freezer.. I'll eat them tomorrow, then I'm gonna get intentional and sort myself out! I've put on 2kg over December

"Going to keep up with the walking and just need pool time to tone "

How much walking do you do? Since the dark nights, I've stopped walking completely... Going to try and restart at the weekends

By *uffolkClareClactonDaveCouple  over a year ago

Felixstowe/Clacton-on-Sea

I thought we all kept fit by having sex.

It seems to work for me

"To finally do 150kg conventional deadlift"

Omg this is wildly exciting!! How much are you currently lifting?

By *ancer36Woman  over a year ago

Stirling

To continue dancing - I like to revisit some styles I haven’t done for a while and try out some new ones, thinking swing dance and some Latin.

A few of the teenagers I teach dance too will be auditioning for dance college this year so I aim to help them achieve this, I take great pride in being part of there journey.

I’ve danced for 35yrs and I can’t ever imagine not doing it!

If anyone has ever thought about giving it a try, go for it xx

"I want to gain a few lbs of muscle and then shift a few lbs of body fat. My training is always consistent so no need to motivate myself but my diet is another story.

Diet is a mindset isn't it. I've got two more croissants in the freezer.. I'll eat them tomorrow, then I'm gonna get intentional and sort myself out! I've put on 2kg over December "

I’ve avoided the scales. I’ll wait until after New Years Eve for that. Diet is so simple in theory but in practice it really is hard. Christmas weight is usually easy to shift though.

"Improve core and stamina, try to work on upper body but without causing more damage to an already knackered shoulder.

Ideally get back to a 32 waist and tone back up again"

I've got a damaged shoulder too (rotor cuff)

What is your plan? I have a free weight programme that i want to restart

"I’m hoping to be in a position to get back to it properly, rather than ticking over as o have been for quite a while."

What are you hoing to achieve?

By *hunky GentMan  over a year ago

near Peterborough

I'm going to try and do a different diet - the 'F' plan.

By *BVNWoman  over a year ago

Swansea

I have a virtual challenge event in January to run 268 miles. Then a marathon in March (Cambridge) bit of a break for a tummy tuck operation and then marathon in October (Snowdon).

Good luck to everyone with your fitness goals

NBVN x

By *immyinreadingMan  over a year ago

henley on thames

Rehab for me. Try to stay patient and consistent and get back there where I was a year or two ago.

And stick religiously to the exercises the Physio has given me to do.

"Just keep moving, I’ve done my rehab challenge this year..

I just want to be comfortable from now on."

Well done on the rehab! What are you planning to do?

"Im hoping to achieve a bum like hours OP. What do I meed to do?"

Lol... Squats and leg press

"I’m hoping to be in a position to get back to it properly, rather than ticking over as o have been for quite a while.

What are you hoing to achieve? "

Well my cardio fitness is shocking compared to earlier on in the year, and I want to get more toned.

"I'm hoping my work load over the next few months will make me fitter and loose me a stone in weight like it did the same time last year."

Oh yes, spring will be a busy time for you!

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"To continue dancing - I like to revisit some styles I haven’t done for a while and try out some new ones, thinking swing dance and some Latin.

A few of the teenagers I teach dance too will be auditioning for dance college this year so I aim to help them achieve this, I take great pride in being part of there journey.

If anyone has ever thought about giving it a try, go for it xx"

This is such a great suggestion!

I do not know why I never thought of dancing at home during the pandemic. I do go to dance classes but never made the connection that I could do it alone as well. I now do an hour or more most days and apart from the fitness benefits...

moving to my favourite music leaves me so happy, energetic and feeling amazing every single time.xx

"I need to rehab my shoulder to get back a decent range of movement.

Lots and lots of flogging and impact work should help."

Oh what have you done to it? I have a 'pissed off' rotor cuff' - professional diagnosis

"Erm... I've never really had set goals in mind. Ivet always just wanted to improve more on what I'm currently doing and change where possible.

Perhaps get a better cardio program in because it's very weight heavy (no pun intended) with only like 40 min walks a day plus 10 cardio warm ups before my session "

Swimming maybe? Great all round work out and very good cardio

"I thought we all kept fit by having sex.

It seems to work for me "

, sadly not enough for me! But i can feel the muscles in my bum after I've orgasmed with my vibrator

Bootyville

On a more serious note, I messed up both my shoulders strength straining (rotator cuff tendinitis) two years ago, and theyve never really been the same so its stopped me training as hard as I used to. So 2022 for me will be about getting on top of physio and also cardio as my abs have disappeared and I’ve put on a lot of weight

By *oeBeansMan  over a year ago

Derby

"Erm... I've never really had set goals in mind. Ivet always just wanted to improve more on what I'm currently doing and change where possible.

Perhaps get a better cardio program in because it's very weight heavy (no pun intended) with only like 40 min walks a day plus 10 cardio warm ups before my session

Swimming maybe? Great all round work out and very good cardio"

That's a good shout, now just need to learn how to swim

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai / Nottingham

I would love to run 5k in under 20 mins and also bench , deadlift and squat full 12 reps at 100kg. Been trying to hit this goal for 3 years now and keep hitting bits of it but not all 4. I wonder if it’s achievable at my age

"

I’ve avoided the scales. I’ll wait until after New Years Eve for that. Diet is so simple in theory but in practice it really is hard. Christmas weight is usually easy to shift though."

Love this...

You know stepping on the scales can be so dangerous - I have known people who have stepped on one side and fallen off the other seriously injuring their ... pride mainly!

Only kidding, you are right Christmas weight comes off quite easily but taking that first step when you have many leftovers at home, is not the easiest thing to do.

I have just thrown away the left over mince pies and stollen... because they are only going on my hips if I keep them.

"To finally do 150kg conventional deadlift

Omg this is wildly exciting!! How much are you currently lifting? "

At the moment 110kg which took ages, so 150kg by summer……hopefully

"To continue dancing - I like to revisit some styles I haven’t done for a while and try out some new ones, thinking swing dance and some Latin.

If anyone has ever thought about giving it a try, go for it xx"

Gosh it is 2 years since i last danced modern jive/swing

I really miss it.

My gym has a dance fitness class that i discovered a couple of months ago - i guess its a bit like line dancing, but its really energetic.. I come out with a huge smile on my face!

henley on thames

"On a more serious note, I messed up both my shoulders strength straining (rotator cuff tendinitis) two years ago, and theyve never really been the same so its stopped me training as hard as I used to. So 2022 for me will be about getting on top of physio and also cardio as my abs have disappeared and I’ve put on a lot of weight "

I’d love to get on top of my physio as well

Stirling

I do not know why I never thought of dancing at home during the pandemic. I do go to dance classes but never made the connection that I could do it alone as well. I now do an hour or more most days and apart from the fitness benefits...

moving to my favourite music leaves me so happy, energetic and feeling amazing every single time.xx"

Amazing - love that you have found so much joy from it xx

By *ex HolesMan  over a year ago

Up North

I’m hoping to lose 2” off my cock through shagging

Diet is a mindset isn't it. I've got two more croissants in the freezer.. I'll eat them tomorrow, then I'm gonna get intentional and sort myself out! I've put on 2kg over December

I’ve avoided the scales. I’ll wait until after New Years Eve for that. Diet is so simple in theory but in practice it really is hard. Christmas weight is usually easy to shift though."

I weighed myself today purposely, so i have a marker and it will get my head i to the right mindset

By *agertha73Couple  over a year ago

Cardiff

Outstanding goal and good luck!

Ours are 120/70/140 and 250/170/280 respectively!

"I'm going to try and do a different diet - the 'F' plan. "

Let me guess.. Fava beans

Bootyville

"On a more serious note, I messed up both my shoulders strength straining (rotator cuff tendinitis) two years ago, and theyve never really been the same so its stopped me training as hard as I used to. So 2022 for me will be about getting on top of physio and also cardio as my abs have disappeared and I’ve put on a lot of weight

I’d love to get on top of my physio as well "

Honestly it can be so frustrating at times. And its boring so its harder to motivate yourself to do the exercises.

moving to my favourite music leaves me so happy, energetic and feeling amazing every single time.xx

Amazing - love that you have found so much joy from it xx"

I genuinely wish more people of all ages and fitness levels would take it up, even if it is only one dance to start with. It is free and beneficial and can be done in the smallest space.... xx

I want to improve my uphill walking fitness so I can climb more hills/mountains. Combination of dodgy lungs and knees of feels like so I will just steadily walk up more hills . To get stronger at swimming so I am more confident to swim in the sea. To improve my flexibilty and core strength probably via yoga. A general all round fitness really I need.

henley on thames

"I would love to run 5k in under 20 mins and also bench , deadlift and squat full 12 reps at 100kg. Been trying to hit this goal for 3 years now and keep hitting bits of it but not all 4. I wonder if it’s achievable at my age "

Which bit are you struggling with?

Benching 100kgs is a lot harder than squatting, and squatting 100kgs is harder than deadlifting 100kgs. If you are struggling with one specific lift then may need some help from a good experienced strength coach?

Stirling

Gosh it is 2 years since i last danced modern jive/swing

I really miss it.

My gym has a dance fitness class that i discovered a couple of months ago - i guess its a bit like line dancing, but its really energetic.. I come out with a huge smile on my face! "

Sounds fun! Good for you, I’m so glad you are enjoying it xx

By *ang bang bangity bangCouple  over a year ago

Sunderland

We're both going to compete in our first powerlifting competition.

Personally I like to get my strength back up a bit and will aim for a 220 squat, 170 bench and a 250 deadlift. Plus finally see my abs again and keep my general fitness and work capacity nice and high

"I have a virtual challenge event in January to run 268 miles. Then a marathon in March (Cambridge) bit of a break for a tummy tuck operation and then marathon in October (Snowdon).

Good luck to everyone with your fitness goals

NBVN x"

Wow, they are serious goals! Good luck... That must be a heck of a training plan!

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"So 2021 is almost behind us.. What are your fitness goals for 2022

How are you planning to achieve them? How do you motivate yourself to stay on plan?"

Great questions.. Especially the how do you plan to achieve them.. Staring at a blank sheet of paper right now... But.. Goals... Lose 10kg...lose 2 inches from waist... Improve cardio without exploding my knees... Any help and encouragement greatly appreciated.

"Rehab for me. Try to stay patient and consistent and get back there where I was a year or two ago.

And stick religiously to the exercises the Physio has given me to do. "

Oh that must be frustrating, exciting, painful and exhilarating all at once! Good luck.. And agree with following the physio guidance.. Its only yourself you are cheating if you don't do it. Good luck xx

Sunderland

Thats a solid pull

"I’m hoping to be in a position to get back to it properly, rather than ticking over as o have been for quite a while.

What are you hoping to achieve?

Well my cardio fitness is shocking compared to earlier on in the year, and I want to get more toned."

That is my aim too.. Improve my core, and cardio

moving to my favourite music leaves me so happy, energetic and feeling amazing every single time.xx"

Silent disco is fun too for the garden!

By *r SxxMan  over a year ago

ashford

In general - just get fit!

I've gotten into the habit of only training and improving my fitness and strength when I have an event coming up ( competitive mountain bike rider) and as you can imagine over the last 2 years with covid etc there's not been a lot.

In the summer I really focused for 2 month's on diet, weight loss and Mobility, before a big competition and it really worked and I was happy with my results.

But now that nothing is on the horizon, it's 0 training.

I want to get a gym routine in 2022 and not let work get in the way and be an excuse, I also want my fitness to improve ( typing this as I'm on my turbo trainer!)

And loosing the flab would be great too!

Couple of half and a full marathon booked up

I actually want to set foot in a gym and stick to it. The only time I do at the moment is when I’m in work and I go to fill the water bottle up.

Same goes for swimming. I need to start swimming properly, only time I swim now is once a month for lifeguard training

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

I entered the Manchester 10k so going to do that. Also need to shift some belly fat, but finding that hard with the restrictions I have on many forms of exercise. My daughter (very lovingly) described me as "a great trampoline"

By *acDreamyMan  over a year ago

Wirral

A bit more tone and a bit less tummy. Fab is actually a good motivator as if I ever did get a meet I would want to look my best!

X

"On a more serious note, I messed up both my shoulders strength straining (rotator cuff tendinitis) two years ago, and theyve never really been the same so its stopped me training as hard as I used to. So 2022 for me will be about getting on top of physio and also cardio as my abs have disappeared and I’ve put on a lot of weight "

I wonder if yoga and pilates would help you.. They are surprising strenuous

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

"Going to keep up with the walking and just need pool time to tone

How much walking do you do? Since the dark nights, I've stopped walking completely... Going to try and restart at the weekends"

Minimum 10,000 steps a day nothing too much but keeps my joints flexible as it's low impact. I'm not built for running

By *dward_TeagueMan  over a year ago

wolverhampton

I lost my dad to prostate cancer this year so I’ve signed up for a January charity fitness thing. I’m hoping to raise £500 for the Prostate Cancer charity, I’m currently at £455. The challenge is to run 26 miles during January and I hope to break that in a couple of weeks then carry that effort for the rest of the year in memory of my dad.

By *annaBeStrongMan  over a year ago

w

Compete in a few more competitions and get back into martial arts

I want to get stage ready for bodybuilding show, but I do r wanna compete. So first goal is to get down to 7-8% body fat

That should take me into the summer, then just maintain my weight for competitions

Swimming maybe? Great all round work out and very good cardio

That's a good shout, now just need to learn how to swim "

Ohhhh well that would be a great thing to do and imagine being able to congratulate yourself on that achievement! Get yourself booked in! Even my gym offers adult swimming lessons x

"I would love to run 5k in under 20 mins and also bench , deadlift and squat full 12 reps at 100kg. Been trying to hit this goal for 3 years now and keep hitting bits of it but not all 4. I wonder if it’s achievable at my age "

Hmmmm it is definitely harder as we get older.. But we still need goals! Perhaps you should increase the goal? You may be holding yourself back unintentionally?

"

I’ve avoided the scales. I’ll wait until after New Years Eve for that. Diet is so simple in theory but in practice it really is hard. Christmas weight is usually easy to shift though.

Love this...

You know stepping on the scales can be so dangerous - I have known people who have stepped on one side and fallen off the other seriously injuring their ... pride mainly!

Only kidding, you are right Christmas weight comes off quite easily but taking that first step when you have many leftovers at home, is not the easiest thing to do.

I have just thrown away the left over mince pies and stollen... because they are only going on my hips if I keep them. "

Loving that attitude!

Omg this is wildly exciting!! How much are you currently lifting?

At the moment 110kg which took ages, so 150kg by summer……hopefully "

Wowee, good luck!! I'll be cheering you on

"On a more serious note, I messed up both my shoulders strength straining (rotator cuff tendinitis) two years ago, and theyve never really been the same so its stopped me training as hard as I used to. So 2022 for me will be about getting on top of physio and also cardio as my abs have disappeared and I’ve put on a lot of weight

I’d love to get on top of my physio as well "

Outstanding goal and good luck!

Ours are 120/70/140 and 250/170/280 respectively!"

Thankyou!!

And good luck with yours

"I’m hoping to lose 2” off my cock through shagging "

Wow.. Thats gonna be take shagging commitment... Make sure you keep your calorie intake up!

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai / Nottingham

"I would love to run 5k in under 20 mins and also bench , deadlift and squat full 12 reps at 100kg. Been trying to hit this goal for 3 years now and keep hitting bits of it but not all 4. I wonder if it’s achievable at my age

Benching 100kgs is a lot harder than squatting, and squatting 100kgs is harder than deadlifting 100kgs. If you are struggling with one specific lift then may need some help from a good experienced strength coach?"

I can do the squat abs deadlift most the time but when my running speeds up my weight drops to 80kg , my bench press drops to 80-85, when I bulk at start to bench a few reps at 100kg , I got as far as 7 , my weight hits 90-95 and my running is slower

By *ust PeachyWoman  over a year ago

Prestonish

How are you planning to achieve them? How do you motivate yourself to stay on plan?"

Hi op.

Still recovering from covid but hoping the headaches and disrupted sleep will be gone in time to start on Monday.

I have a couple of holidays planned for next year - covid permitting - so I’m hoping they’ll give me the incentive I need to stick with it.

I already eat relatively healthily and walk the dog every day - so I’ll have to reduce my portions (not looking forward to that bit ) and do more targeted exercises.

Hoping to get back to a size 12. X

"I want to improve my uphill walking fitness so I can climb more hills/mountains. Combination of dodgy lungs and knees of feels like so I will just steadily walk up more hills . To get stronger at swimming so I am more confident to swim in the sea. To improve my flexibilty and core strength probably via yoga. A general all round fitness really I need. "

These are really good goals, good luck

Swimming in the sea is surprisingly tiring, you quickly become exhausted if the current is strong.

"We're both going to compete in our first powerlifting competition.

Personally I like to get my strength back up a bit and will aim for a 220 squat, 170 bench and a 250 deadlift. Plus finally see my abs again and keep my general fitness and work capacity nice and high"

Really!! Wow this is brilliant. Good luck with your powerlifting competition... When is it?

By *annaBeStrongMan  over a year ago

w

"I would love to run 5k in under 20 mins and also bench , deadlift and squat full 12 reps at 100kg. Been trying to hit this goal for 3 years now and keep hitting bits of it but not all 4. I wonder if it’s achievable at my age

Benching 100kgs is a lot harder than squatting, and squatting 100kgs is harder than deadlifting 100kgs. If you are struggling with one specific lift then may need some help from a good experienced strength coach?

I can do the squat abs deadlift most the time but when my running speeds up my weight drops to 80kg , my bench press drops to 80-85, when I bulk at start to bench a few reps at 100kg , I got as far as 7 , my weight hits 90-95 and my running is slower "

Benching 100x12 is impressing

Deadlift 100x12 isn’t

Adjust your goals to make it about body weight

For example

Bench body weight

Squat body weight x1.25

Deadlift body weight x1.5

All for 12 reps

By *sylockeWoman  over a year ago

East Anglia

Stop eating shit and allow my running to help me lose at least a stone for starters.

How are you planning to achieve them? How do you motivate yourself to stay on plan?

Great questions.. Especially the how do you plan to achieve them.. Staring at a blank sheet of paper right now... But.. Goals... Lose 10kg...lose 2 inches from waist... Improve cardio without exploding my knees... Any help and encouragement greatly appreciated. "

10kg is quite a lot.. I guess you'll need to tackle it through your diet too? Are you thinking of joining a club, or trying to do it on your own? Clubs /gyms are really good from a support and motivation perspective

By *assing Fancies xCouple  over a year ago

Sherwood Forest

I (mrs) am now finally after 2 long years really happy with my body shape and find it really easy to stick to my diet. Even dropped the gym for the last 6 months and just staying active and walk is working wonders for me Mr has just started playing badminton again and is back at the boxing gym so I fully expect he will soon be looking and in as good shape as he was 4/5 years ago

"In general - just get fit!

I've gotten into the habit of only training and improving my fitness and strength when I have an event coming up ( competitive mountain bike rider) and as you can imagine over the last 2 years with covid etc there's not been a lot.

In the summer I really focused for 2 month's on diet, weight loss and Mobility, before a big competition and it really worked and I was happy with my results.

I want to get a gym routine in 2022 and not let work get in the way and be an excuse, I also want my fitness to improve ( typing this as I'm on my turbo trainer!)

And loosing the flab would be great too!"

Yes events are good for motivation.. I think that's why goals are helpful.. And sharing them makes us more intentional?

Hitting 50 next year. Got a few biking events booked, so want to be fit enough to enjoy them, and be reasonably competitive. Also, work hard on flexibility and strength

"Couple of half and a full marathon booked up "

Really! Wow.. That will be a time intensive plan?

"I actually want to set foot in a gym and stick to it. The only time I do at the moment is when I’m in work and I go to fill the water bottle up.

Same goes for swimming. I need to start swimming properly, only time I swim now is once a month for lifeguard training "

You need to find something you enjoy and something you want to achieve to help with your motivation. Or find a training partner?

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

Great questions.. Especially the how do you plan to achieve them.. Staring at a blank sheet of paper right now... But.. Goals... Lose 10kg...lose 2 inches from waist... Improve cardio without exploding my knees... Any help and encouragement greatly appreciated.

10kg is quite a lot.. I guess you'll need to tackle it through your diet too? Are you thinking of joining a club, or trying to do it on your own? Clubs /gyms are really good from a support and motivation perspective "

Oh yes I'm aware of the size of the challenge and how I've been failing miserably at it for about 3 years. I joined slimming World 4 years ago and lost 15 in 6 months but put it all on again reasonably quickly. I have to find ways of doing the cardio and stuff at home as right now.. .gyms aren't an option. So... Suck it up buttercup and take the first step! Says the helpful elf on my left shoulder and..."fuck off.. Do it tomorrow" says the elf on my right shoulder!

Good luck to everyone with their ambitions.

"I entered the Manchester 10k so going to do that. Also need to shift some belly fat, but finding that hard with the restrictions I have on many forms of exercise. My daughter (very lovingly) described me as "a great trampoline" "

Oh fab, that is a good goal! Planks and crunches are good for belly fat, but are they within your scope?

My goal at the moment is to get out of bed.

"A bit more tone and a bit less tummy. Fab is actually a good motivator as if I ever did get a meet I would want to look my best!

X"

That tends to be my motivation too.. Once I have a date in the diary i become more focused!

"Going to keep up with the walking and just need pool time to tone

How much walking do you do? Since the dark nights, I've stopped walking completely... Going to try and restart at the weekends

Minimum 10,000 steps a day nothing too much but keeps my joints flexible as it's low impact. I'm not built for running"

I'm not a runner either

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Staying the same weight is always my goal. This I do by eating healthy and walking alot.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"I entered the Manchester 10k so going to do that. Also need to shift some belly fat, but finding that hard with the restrictions I have on many forms of exercise. My daughter (very lovingly) described me as "a great trampoline"

Oh fab, that is a good goal! Planks and crunches are good for belly fat, but are they within your scope? "

I'm not supposed to do planks or crunches unfortunately. That's the issue. My urogynaecologist said no exercises of that nature at all. No sit ups, nothing that massively increases intra-abdominal pressure. Otherwise I might undo my surgery and worsen my other prolapses.

"I lost my dad to prostate cancer this year so I’ve signed up for a January charity fitness thing. I’m hoping to raise £500 for the Prostate Cancer charity, I’m currently at £455. The challenge is to run 26 miles during January and I hope to break that in a couple of weeks then carry that effort for the rest of the year in memory of my dad."

I'm so sorry for your loss - it sounds like a great way to honour his memory.. Good luck

"Compete in a few more competitions and get back into martial arts

I want to get stage ready for bodybuilding show, but I do r wanna compete. So first goal is to get down to 7-8% body fat

That should take me into the summer, then just maintain my weight for competitions "

Oh which martial art do you do? I can imagine it burns a lot of calories

And a bodybuilding comp - wow!

I want to get back to my pre-covid fitness/weight. Seems lockdown has left me with a muffin top which I stare at daily and wish it would go away. So NY goals, loose 6/7kgs and loose the tummy and trim up all over. I won't set a time frame as that's got doomed to fail written all over it. Slow n steady with a clear goal seems best for achieving it.

Hi op.

Still recovering from covid but hoping the headaches and disrupted sleep will be gone in time to start on Monday.

I have a couple of holidays planned for next year - covid permitting - so I’m hoping they’ll give me the incentive I need to stick with it.

I already eat relatively healthily and walk the dog every day - so I’ll have to reduce my portions (not looking forward to that bit ) and do more targeted exercises.

Hoping to get back to a size 12. X"

Good luck.. Yoga and pilates might help - they are very good for the core

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

Lose the covid belly and get back to my lockdown 1 body with a bit more fitness, muscle and thighs.

"Stop eating shit and allow my running to help me lose at least a stone for starters. "

It'll be easier to eat better once all the xmas treats are gone!

"I (mrs) am now finally after 2 long years really happy with my body shape and find it really easy to stick to my diet. Even dropped the gym for the last 6 months and just staying active and walk is working wonders for me Mr has just started playing badminton again and is back at the boxing gym so I fully expect he will soon be looking and in as good shape as he was 4/5 years ago "

Sounds like you've found your groove xx

"Hitting 50 next year. Got a few biking events booked, so want to be fit enough to enjoy them, and be reasonably competitive. Also, work hard on flexibility and strength "

Hitting 50 is a milestone event! We have to work harder to maintain what we have x

By *acDreamyMan  over a year ago

Wirral

"A bit more tone and a bit less tummy. Fab is actually a good motivator as if I ever did get a meet I would want to look my best!

X

That tends to be my motivation too.. Once I have a date in the diary i become more focused! "

Now I just need to get the dates!

By *tew008Man  over a year ago

edinburgh

Want to join another martial arts club. Been too long.

By *r SxxMan  over a year ago

ashford

"In general - just get fit!

And loosing the flab would be great too!

Yes events are good for motivation.. I think that's why goals are helpful.. And sharing them makes us more intentional? "

They are yes. Having a goal and time frame helps. Being able to see where you've gained at an event is very helpful, shows it's working.

A lot of it comes down to being tired from work. So when the shift ends I just want out. I need to find a way to make myself get back in to the routine

"My goal at the moment is to get out of bed."

I'll come wiggle my bum at you Jim

To become the next Eddie Hall

"Staying the same weight is always my goal. This I do by eating healthy and walking alot."

You look like you are doing a great job at this xx

"I entered the Manchester 10k so going to do that. Also need to shift some belly fat, but finding that hard with the restrictions I have on many forms of exercise. My daughter (very lovingly) described me as "a great trampoline"

Oh fab, that is a good goal! Planks and crunches are good for belly fat, but are they within your scope?

I'm not supposed to do planks or crunches unfortunately. That's the issue. My urogynaecologist said no exercises of that nature at all. No sit ups, nothing that massively increases intra-abdominal pressure. Otherwise I might undo my surgery and worsen my other prolapses. "

Oh gosh, that must be frustrating

"I want to get back to my pre-covid fitness/weight. Seems lockdown has left me with a muffin top which I stare at daily and wish it would go away. So NY goals, loose 6/7kgs and loose the tummy and trim up all over. I won't set a time frame as that's got doomed to fail written all over it. Slow n steady with a clear goal seems best for achieving it."

Slow and steady is goid.. How will you do it?

"Lose the covid belly and get back to my lockdown 1 body with a bit more fitness, muscle and thighs. "

Seems we all have lockdown issues!

X

That tends to be my motivation too.. Once I have a date in the diary i become more focused!

Now I just need to get the dates! "

By *dward_TeagueMan  over a year ago

wolverhampton

"I lost my dad to prostate cancer this year so I’ve signed up for a January charity fitness thing. I’m hoping to raise £500 for the Prostate Cancer charity, I’m currently at £455. The challenge is to run 26 miles during January and I hope to break that in a couple of weeks then carry that effort for the rest of the year in memory of my dad.

I'm so sorry for your loss - it sounds like a great way to honour his memory.. Good luck "

Thank you. His loss & memories are massive motivators.

"Want to join another martial arts club. Been too long."

Which martial arts do you do?

By *aughty but nice...Man  over a year ago

Staffs

I plan on losing a bit around the stomach (slight beer gut) and generally improving diet to increase my energy levels combining this with good quality sleep.

All of this is needed because my new year's resolution is to ramp up the naughtiness ....you do only live once so enjoy it to the max

I have a new fat loss target in mind, and an experience I can do when I get that goal. I also have a mad fitness challenge to aim at too.

"A lot of it comes down to being tired from work. So when the shift ends I just want out. I need to find a way to make myself get back in to the routine"

Yes i understand this.. How about doing it before your shift?

Get more learner and have a better/stronger stomach and bigger legs

"To become the next Eddie Hall "

How is that going?

"I plan on losing a bit around the stomach (slight beer gut) and generally improving diet to increase my energy levels combining this with good quality sleep.

All of this is needed because my new year's resolution is to ramp up the naughtiness ....you do only live once so enjoy it to the max "

Lol, sounds like a plan!

"I have a new fat loss target in mind, and an experience I can do when I get that goal. I also have a mad fitness challenge to aim at too. "

Oh you have to share with us.. What is your mad fitness challenge?

"I want to get back to my pre-covid fitness/weight. Seems lockdown has left me with a muffin top which I stare at daily and wish it would go away. So NY goals, loose 6/7kgs and loose the tummy and trim up all over. I won't set a time frame as that's got doomed to fail written all over it. Slow n steady with a clear goal seems best for achieving it.

Slow and steady is goid.. How will you do it? "

Home workouts served me well last winter but I fell away from it when the gyms reopened. I'll start on Monday and add weights to the workouts to push myself harder. Just need to keep the momentum and motivation going this time!

"Get more learner and have a better/stronger stomach and bigger legs "

Are you doing a gym programme?

"I want to get back to my pre-covid fitness/weight. Seems lockdown has left me with a muffin top which I stare at daily and wish it would go away. So NY goals, loose 6/7kgs and loose the tummy and trim up all over. I won't set a time frame as that's got doomed to fail written all over it. Slow n steady with a clear goal seems best for achieving it.

Slow and steady is goid.. How will you do it?

Home workouts served me well last winter but I fell away from it when the gyms reopened. I'll start on Monday and add weights to the workouts to push myself harder. Just need to keep the momentum and motivation going this time!"

Good luck xx

henley on thames

Great questions.. Especially the how do you plan to achieve them.. Staring at a blank sheet of paper right now... But.. Goals... Lose 10kg...lose 2 inches from waist... Improve cardio without exploding my knees... Any help and encouragement greatly appreciated. "

10kgs should translate to a lot more than 2 inches off your waist. A decent rule of thumb is 1kg body fat equating to 1cm off waist

Tips? Probably nothing you don’t already know ... consistency, writing everything down. And variety ... doing all of your cardio in one way can stress things like your knees ... swim, run, cycle, rowing machine, elliptical trainers ... mixing it up is good, keeps too challenged and spreads the workload.

That is one of the biggest changes I’m planning for next year, to vary my cardio. I tend to focus on running, see progress on that and want to continue seeing better times and distances so end up overdoing the running, get injured or get bored. In 2022 I’m going to change that, do the hard cardio sessions on non-running days and then just enjoy a gentle jog once or twice a week.

henley on thames

I can do the squat abs deadlift most the time but when my running speeds up my weight drops to 80kg , my bench press drops to 80-85, when I bulk at start to bench a few reps at 100kg , I got as far as 7 , my weight hits 90-95 and my running is slower

Benching 100x12 is impressing

Deadlift 100x12 isn’t

Adjust your goals to make it about body weight

For example

Bench body weight

Squat body weight x1.25

Deadlift body weight x1.5

All for 12 reps "

Agreed, basing the targets on bodyweight is an excellent idea, as is having different targets for the 3 big lifts. 100kg is a nice round number, but body weight is a better guide.

And get help! The best lifters I know are constantly having people look at their technique

Sunderland

Personally I like to get my strength back up a bit and will aim for a 220 squat, 170 bench and a 250 deadlift. Plus finally see my abs again and keep my general fitness and work capacity nice and high

Really!! Wow this is brilliant. Good luck with your powerlifting competition... When is it? "

Thanks. It's not until the summer so loads of time to prep

By *agertha73Couple  over a year ago

Cardiff

Really!! Wow this is brilliant. Good luck with your powerlifting competition... When is it?

Thanks. It's not until the summer so loads of time to prep"

Good luck, solid lifting goals!

Preston

Well done on the rehab! What are you planning to do? "

Completed a strongman competition from being barely able to walk.

Now just to keep moving, carry on with yoga, walking and occasionally some heavy weights in compound movements.

I’d like to put on a little more muscle and then get really lean and maintain it

Silent disco is fun too for the garden! "

There s a thought!

I’m not one for resolutions, but genuinely want to be my fittest ever next year, and have various events and races booked which I intend to compete, not just complete.

By *ranfondoMan  over a year ago

Cambridgeshire

I'm pretty much okay fitness wise as I cycle a lot...more than many drive their cars....but...2022 I want to get around 10kg weight off...

By *odgerMooreMan  over a year ago

Carlisle

Im going for the ‘couch to fridge and back’ in 2022 - in 2023 im hoping to loop in the crisps and biscuits cupboard too….

By *aiseiMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

To not be a tubby, aching lard sack by this time next year.

Nothing really motivates me though, so it’s hellishly hard to stay on track. TV and cake is always easier than the gym and quinoa.

By *oiluvfunMan  over a year ago

Penrith

I had to give up running three months ago, as I’ve been suffering with Achilles’ tendon issues, so need to work out a low impact cardio regime and hope my ankle isn’t a long term problem for me. I really enjoyed my weekly Parkrun though, as it’s such a social event

By *esthetic21Man  over a year ago

west midlands

I might get shredded

near Peterborough

"I'm going to try and do a different diet - the 'F' plan.

Let me guess.. Fava beans "

And a nice chianti

Now just to keep moving, carry on with yoga, walking and occasionally some heavy weights in compound movements. "

Brilliant achievement!

"I’d like to put on a little more muscle and then get really lean and maintain it "

I'm trying to avoid muscle on my calves.. I can't get my riding boots on

Preston

Now just to keep moving, carry on with yoga, walking and occasionally some heavy weights in compound movements.

Brilliant achievement! "

thank you

I’m not one for resolutions, but genuinely want to be my fittest ever next year, and have various events and races booked which I intend to compete, not just complete. "

Oh excellent! Good luck

By *enm83Man  over a year ago

Stockport

Manchester Half Marathon....which I will start training for when I'm well again!

"I'm pretty much okay fitness wise as I cycle a lot...more than many drive their cars....but...2022 I want to get around 10kg weight off..."

That's quite a lot! What will you do differently?

"Im going for the ‘couch to fridge and back’ in 2022 - in 2023 im hoping to loop in the crisps and biscuits cupboard too…. "

Noooo!! Im frightened this will be me too

Just aim to make my self better than the year before, improve my flexibility is the main one.

"To not be a tubby, aching lard sack by this time next year.

Nothing really motivates me though, so it’s hellishly hard to stay on track. TV and cake is always easier than the gym and quinoa."

Winning the mindset battle is 80% of the challenge!

I had to give up running three months ago, as I’ve been suffering with Achilles’ tendon issues, so need to work out a low impact cardio regime and hope my ankle isn’t a long term problem for me. I really enjoyed my weekly Parkrun though, as it’s such a social event "

Ouch!! Go careful!

"I might get shredded "

[Removed by poster at 29/12/21 17:37:28]

By *moothCriminal_xMan  over a year ago

Redditch

I need to eat more and lean bulk for 3 months and then try and cut for 3 months. I need to focus more on shoulders in the gym next year. To achieve these things ive purchased a george foreman grill to make cooking meat cuts painless and easy...also creatine, protein powder and 4x a week at gym consistenly

More yoga and more pole dancing, for sure!!!!

I was thinking to add spinning classes in the mix

And a nice chianti "

Not in dry January!!

"Manchester Half Marathon....which I will start training for when I'm well again!"

Excellent! I'm not a runner x

"Just aim to make my self better than the year before, improve my flexibility is the main one. "

Ooo yoga +pilates for you too!

"I need to eat more and lean bulk for 3 months and then try and cut for 3 months. I need to focus more on shoulders in the gym next year. To achieve these things ive purchased a george foreman grill to make cooking meat cuts painless and easy...also creatine, protein powder and 4x a week at gym consistenly"

Oh what event /goal are you working towards? You sound very committed

500 sit up drop sets from 20kg

100 a set drop 5kg and go agein

May hit it before end off 2021

We see but I think this even maybe to much for me

"More yoga and more pole dancing, for sure!!!!

I was thinking to add spinning classes in the mix "

Your core will be like concrete with pole dancing!! It is a brilliant toning activity.. I think i might be too old for it

"500 sit up drop sets from 20kg

"

Wow, good luck!

By *ungry CatCouple  over a year ago

Belfast

Omg I lost 2 pounds in one day last week!

"500 sit up drop sets from 20kg

Wow, good luck! "

Thanks and yes I need it currently doing 300 from 20kg in sets off 60 droping 5kg but ego got the best off me on this one lol

"Omg I lost 2 pounds in one day last week! "

Share you secret.. Please don't say you peed it out

By *ev257Man  over a year ago

cardiff

My 2022 fitness goal is to start my 2021 fitness goal.

By *ice But Very NaughtyCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

Knock 15 mins off my marathon PB (flat course)and come under 4 hours for the Snowdon marathon.

Complete my first tri

Climb 7a sport E3 trad.

Mr

near Peterborough

And a nice chianti

Not in dry January!! "

Alcohol free.

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

Where would you like me?

Continue following a healthy diet and go out for a jog twice a week, no excuses - incl going back to parkrun. Fuck the frizzy hair excuse. The oh my favourite sports bra is missing. Find it. Stop being a lazy bitch.

Keep on proving my mum wrong in her belief that if I lost weight the first place for it to disappear will be my boobs. Almost ten stones down and they are here to stay (albeit slowly getting smaller).

Go back to yoga. Don't cheat and do hatha though, mix some ashtanga in that schedule.

Walk more. Not be lazy and drive for a coffee, walk and get one (and not a sugar laden one etc).

Do some squats. Daily. Not a stupid amount but enough to feel something.

And sleep more so I'm more inclined to get out.

"My 2022 fitness goal is to start my 2021 fitness goal."

.. Ohhhh!, need some help ?!

"Knock 15 mins off my marathon PB (flat course)and come under 4 hours for the Snowdon marathon.

Complete my first tri

Climb 7a sport E3 trad.

Mr"

Gosh. They are big goals!

And a nice chianti

Not in dry January!!

Alcohol free. "

By *igrating ladMan  over a year ago

Hemel Hempstead

I would love to find someone local to go gym with or swimming. Nothing sexual expected but be nice to be with someone to help me along the way and the company

"Continue following a healthy diet and go out for a jog twice a week, no excuses - incl going back to parkrun. Fuck the frizzy hair excuse. The oh my favourite sports bra is missing. Find it. Stop being a lazy bitch.

Keep on proving my mum wrong in her belief that if I lost weight the first place for it to disappear will be my boobs. Almost ten stones down and they are here to stay (albeit slowly getting smaller).

Go back to yoga. Don't cheat and do hatha though, mix some ashtanga in that schedule.

Walk more. Not be lazy and drive for a coffee, walk and get one (and not a sugar laden one etc).

Do some squats. Daily. Not a stupid amount but enough to feel something.

And sleep more so I'm more inclined to get out. "

Oh i love this Meli, good luck! Your mindset is definitely in the right place

"I would love to find someone local to go gym with or swimming. Nothing sexual expected but be nice to be with someone to help me along the way and the company "

Why don't you put up a poster at the gym? Or maybe they have a facebok group ?

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

I will be continuing with what I do, to train hard and to maintain my 6pack. I will also do body part specialisation and focus on my shoulders

By *aomilatteCouple  over a year ago

Midlands

Our motivation is (hopefully) a beach holiday in March. We shall keep going to the gym but cut back on snacks...when we've got through all the Xmas chocolate!

Omg, that is mighty impressive!!

By *ice But Very NaughtyCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

"Knock 15 mins off my marathon PB (flat course)and come under 4 hours for the Snowdon marathon.

Complete my first tri

Climb 7a sport E3 trad.

Mr

Gosh. They are big goals! "

I dropped 25mins off my marathon this year but it was by far the flattest course I've run so some of the time saved was that. The rest though was down to training properly but I had a nasty tummy infection near the end of the training that messed it up. Hoping if I keep healthy I can beat it.

Tri is completely new, have no idea what to expect.

Climbing grades are both only 1 grade up from my previous best, I just need to train more.

Mr