FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Escape for Christmas

Escape for Christmas

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *irty scuby OP   Man  over a year ago

strokestown

Is anyone else contemplating spending Christmas alone.

I have family and a few friends but want to get away from them all. Even have a very quiet retreat to escape to in rural Ireland!

It would be nice to have company to escape with, a future friend maybe more. Someone with no expectations but an open mind ...

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *r SproutMan  over a year ago

the middle somewhere

"Is anyone else contemplating spending Christmas alone.

I have family and a few friends but want to get away from them all. Even have a very quiet retreat to escape to in rural Ireland!

It would be nice to have company to escape with, a future friend maybe more. Someone with no expectations but an open mind ...

"

Take your family and friends to Ireland?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

If you can afford to do it, yes. I definitely would...

One day for me!

strokestown

That's the point, I don't want to spend it with them.

strokestown

I am off for 2 weeks, even thought of going to Spain alone but all these new rules that no one can actually explain and websites that contradict each other make it more hassle than it's worth

What about a log cabin somewhere in the UK?

strokestown

Not a log cabin, a bungalow with an open fire in the living room and a range in the kitchen!

strokestown

Sorry misread your message log cabin sounds nice but I already have the idyllic place

xxx

By *ack688Man  over a year ago

abruzzo Italy (and UK)

I will be on my own this year for the third Xmas in a row, it very much becomes just another day

strokestown

Yeah totally agree, just another day. Not that I blame anyone it's more of a choice for me.

By *ryandseeMan  over a year ago

Yorkshire

"I am off for 2 weeks, even thought of going to Spain alone but all these new rules that no one can actually explain and websites that contradict each other make it more hassle than it's worth "

You are absolutely right. All confusing, not to mention stressful. You have the perfect solution. Go and enjoy a few days on your own first. Arrange for a friend to visit for a few days before spending last few days of the two weeks on your own again and get ready for coming back to your usual life back home.

strokestown

Thanks, that's more than likely what will happen

By *ryandseeMan  over a year ago

Yorkshire

"Thanks, that's more than likely what will happen "

strokestown

Unless I get lucky of course

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

"I am off for 2 weeks, even thought of going to Spain alone but all these new rules that no one can actually explain and websites that contradict each other make it more hassle than it's worth "

It really is. I went a few weeks ago and it’s a proper stress. Make sure you’ve got everything. They actually leave it to the gate to check! There’s no help around either. They wouldn’t let my dad on the flight today because he had issues with his phone and couldn’t get the locator form up. Someone sorted it but by that time the gate had shut. He’s had to pay for another flight to Manchester instead of Luton as he has to get home today. It’s a bloody shambles.

"I will be on my own this year for the third Xmas in a row, it very much becomes just another day"

Same here but I'd love to be sharing the day, I try to buy into it, tree, lights, food etc but I don't think there's anything good about waking up Christmas morning alone. Guess a case of wanting what we don't have, busy people yearn for a quiet one and vice versa

strokestown

"I will be on my own this year for the third Xmas in a row, it very much becomes just another day

Same here but I'd love to be sharing the day, I try to buy into it, tree, lights, food etc but I don't think there's anything good about waking up Christmas morning alone. Guess a case of wanting what we don't have, busy people yearn for a quiet one and vice versa "

I kind of want to be on my own but equally someone to share it with would be nice. I want to get away from home and all the hype of Christmas.

Not sure if it's an age thing and that we have worn the whole occasionan out!

strokestown

"I am off for 2 weeks, even thought of going to Spain alone but all these new rules that no one can actually explain and websites that contradict each other make it more hassle than it's worth

It really is. I went a few weeks ago and it’s a proper stress. Make sure you’ve got everything. They actually leave it to the gate to check! There’s no help around either. They wouldn’t let my dad on the flight today because he had issues with his phone and couldn’t get the locator form up. Someone sorted it but by that time the gate had shut. He’s had to pay for another flight to Manchester instead of Luton as he has to get home today. It’s a bloody shambles. "

Government websites and holiday company sites are all unclear about what you need... your right it's a sham and in your case cost money.

strokestown

"Is anyone else contemplating spending Christmas alone.

"

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

We're contemplating escaping far, far away, just us and our daughter.

strokestown

Wouldn't blame you...

strokestown

Off in the morning to rural Ireland, company would have been nice !

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"Wouldn't blame you... "

We escaped. Been here in Tenerife almost a week and staying for another week. Have fun in Ireland.

strokestown

Thank you, I was so tempted to go to Spain but just couldn't be bothered with all the hassle of tests!

Have lots of fun

» Add a new message to this topic