FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > DIANA ... I for one will never forget her.

DIANA ... I for one will never forget her.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

This FRIDAY 31 August will be the 15th anniversary of her death .. She touched the hearts of alot of people .. QUEEN OF HEARTS and her legacy lives on in William and Harry.. I did get to meet her myself and she is one lady i will never forget x GOD BLESS XX

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I always thought she was a bit silly.

her sons are nice looking boys though.

was a shame she died so young.

"I always thought she was a bit silly.

was a shame she died so young."

Yes its a real shame .. I do think how would life be for her now .

By *acciWoman  over a year ago

leeds

Beautiful young lady who was taken from us way to soon,R.I.P Diana you are sadly missed x

was a shame she died so young."

in what way was she 'a bit silly' ?

i'm not suggesting that she was or wasn't, just interested at how you arrive at that conclusion

i'm not suggesting that she was or wasn't, just interested at how you arrive at that conclusion "

A bit of an air head.

can understand why charles prefered cammila. i think cammila would be more fun, and more interesting.

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

i'm not suggesting that she was or wasn't, just interested at how you arrive at that conclusion

A bit of an air head.

can understand why charles prefered cammila. i think cammila would be more fun, and more interesting."

I met her a few times and I wouldn't say air head but she had a very childlike way of looking at things and her lack of education was apparent. That said, she was canny when she needed to be and could charm even the most cynical in a room.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

Merseyside

When she lived in our house we used to have a laugh. She didn't like doing the dishes tho.

"When she lived in our house we used to have a laugh. She didn't like doing the dishes tho."

By *xodussxMan  over a year ago

sheffield

A bit of an air head.

can understand why charles prefered cammila. i think cammila would be more fun, and more interesting."

Really????where is the fun with ugly Cam???? Husband snatcher?????

A bit of an air head.

What are you on about Cammila being more fun are you having a laugh, Diana done loads for charity she was in clearing mines she was patrion of a few big charitys and gave her all , she was a party girl aswell always looking fantastic ,Cammila is an old hag that got what she wanted the boring old giti would love to see your retort to this.

"When she lived in our house we used to have a laugh. She didn't like doing the dishes tho."

Always good to have a laugh but the dishes don't wash themselves.

Merseyside

"When she lived in our house we used to have a laugh. She didn't like doing the dishes tho.

Always good to have a laugh but the dishes don't wash themselves."

Awwwwww Lickety , Eventually I had to Bosch her about ...

By *ust_for_laughsCouple  over a year ago

Hinckley

I never did get the 'Cult of Diana' that arose after she died.

She was just the first Royal to perfectly fit the 'Hello' generation...liked a bit of safe pop music, liked the right fashion designers, did a bit for charity, appeared to be a little less frumpy and old-fashioned than the rest of the Royals.

Would have been interesting to see what would have happened had she married Dodi though, that would have put the cat amongst the establishment chickens (and don't think for one minute that places me amongst the mad conspiracy theorists !)

Merseyside

A bit of an air head.

can understand why charles prefered cammila. i think cammila would be more fun, and more interesting.

What are you on about Cammila being more fun are you having a laugh, Diana done loads for charity she was in clearing mines she was patrion of a few big charitys and gave her all , she was a party girl aswell always looking fantastic ,Cammila is an old hag that got what she wanted the boring old giti would love to see your retort to this."

You're incredibly well informed on the Royals. Did you study their history ?

A bit of an air head.

What are you on about Cammila being more fun are you having a laugh, Diana done loads for charity she was in clearing mines she was patrion of a few big charitys and gave her all , she was a party girl aswell always looking fantastic ,Cammila is an old hag that got what she wanted the boring old giti would love to see your retort to this."

No retort from me just the statement that have a good look at Camilla's charity work - she does it quietly and without fuss. The few times I have met her she has been nothing but charming and interesting to talk to. She does not have Diana's glamour but she also lacks Diana's insecurities. The fact that William, Harry the Queen and Price Philip all seem to warm to her speaks volumes to me. A happy marriage with a 'boring git' is better than an unhappy marriage with the 'most beautiful' woman in the world.

"When she lived in our house we used to have a laugh. She didn't like doing the dishes tho.

Always good to have a laugh but the dishes don't wash themselves.

Awwwwww Lickety , Eventually I had to Bosch her about ... "

ive never been a big fan of the Royal family so dont really know that much about her nor did i follow her on telly

What i did like about her tho is that she tried to keep her sons lifes as normal as she possibly could, taking into consideration of who they are, by taking them on day trips and shopping etc and letting them do all the things all kids love

Just a pitty they always have 60 cameras snapping in their faces so when they did spend this time together they couldnt do it in private

Dont seem like 15 years ago tho

A bit of an air head.

What are you on about Cammila being more fun are you having a laugh, Diana done loads for charity she was in clearing mines she was patrion of a few big charitys and gave her all , she was a party girl aswell always looking fantastic ,Cammila is an old hag that got what she wanted the boring old giti would love to see your retort to this.

You're incredibly well informed on the Royals. Did you study their history ?"

Sarcasam is the lowest form of wit

"ive never been a big fan of the Royal family so dont really know that much about her nor did i follow her on telly

What i did like about her tho is that she tried to keep her sons lifes as normal as she possibly could, taking into consideration of who they are, by taking them on day trips and shopping etc and letting them do all the things all kids love

Just a pitty they always have 60 cameras snapping in their faces so when they did spend this time together they couldnt do it in private

Dont seem like 15 years ago tho "

Very true she loved her boys its a shame she dies so young i wouldnt wish that on any kid.

A bit of an air head.

No retort from me just the statement that have a good look at Camilla's charity work - she does it quietly and without fuss. The few times I have met her she has been nothing but charming and interesting to talk to. She does not have Diana's glamour but she also lacks Diana's insecurities. The fact that William, Harry the Queen and Price Philip all seem to warm to her speaks volumes to me. A happy marriage with a 'boring git' is better than an unhappy marriage with the 'most beautiful' woman in the world."

You called her an airhead care to back that up with some fact?

Merseyside

A bit of an air head.

You're incredibly well informed on the Royals. Did you study their history ?

Sarcasam is the lowest form of wit "

Surely Loud Flatulence is lower .....

I was being 100% sincere.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I loved diana, i saw it come on the news at 3am in the morning that she had an accident. It was about an hour later they confirmed her death. I went to the pub the next day and it was so morbid, guys and women alike. I dont think i got caught up in the diana mania but it did upset me. She did so much charity work and so much people didnt know about.

However, her and charles where not suited, she served her purpose. I think him and camilla are well suited, love her/him or hate them they are a true love match

If she where alive she'd prob be on here

never had the pleasure of meeting lady diana but i have met charles and camilla when i was 16/17 in northern ireland they were both very polite down to earth and seemed very happy together!

She had an innocence which was endearing but kinda blew that out when she started shagging all and sundry !

Now if she and Charles had the kind of arrangement we have on here , that would be different - but I doubt they did lol

I like prince charles and camilla, both down to earth, interesting and funny.

Merseyside

"She had an innocence which was endearing but kinda blew that out when she started shagging all and sundry !

Now if she and Charles had the kind of arrangement we have on here , that would be different - but I doubt they did lol

"

I think people overlook the fact that a near middle aged man married a very innocent young girl AND continued his relationship with Camilla. He never wanted Diana. Her infidelity ( if it can be called that at all ) came when his affair was made known to her and the marriage had been over for a long time except in law.

It is interesting that a woman is considered no longer appealing or innocent just because she has sex or even just male friends.

Merseyside

"I like prince charles and camilla, both down to earth, interesting and funny."

Fucking hilarious I'd say.

"I like prince charles and camilla, both down to earth, interesting and funny.

Fucking hilarious I'd say. "

The Tampon always come to my mind . lol his call to camilla , where he would like to be .

Merseyside

Fucking hilarious I'd say. The Tampon always come to my mind . lol his call to camilla , where he would like to be ."

I know ! And while he was married too .... such fun.

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Fucking hilarious I'd say. The Tampon always come to my mind . lol his call to camilla , where he would like to be ."

did she leave a tampon behind and Diana found it? Im lost now..it was a long time ago and i may have forgotten this

A bit of an air head.

No retort from me just the statement that have a good look at Camilla's charity work - she does it quietly and without fuss. The few times I have met her she has been nothing but charming and interesting to talk to. She does not have Diana's glamour but she also lacks Diana's insecurities. The fact that William, Harry the Queen and Price Philip all seem to warm to her speaks volumes to me. A happy marriage with a 'boring git' is better than an unhappy marriage with the 'most beautiful' woman in the world.

You called her an airhead care to back that up with some fact?"

I most certainly did not. Childlike with a lack of education is what I said. Along with canny and charming.

Fucking hilarious I'd say. The Tampon always come to my mind . lol his call to camilla , where he would like to be .did she leave a tampon behind and Diana found it? Im lost now..it was a long time ago and i may have forgotten this"

He was on the phone having a sexy chat to camilla saying that the place he would like to be ..

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Fucking hilarious I'd say. The Tampon always come to my mind . lol his call to camilla , where he would like to be .did she leave a tampon behind and Diana found it? Im lost now..it was a long time ago and i may have forgotten thisHe was on the phone having a sexy chat to camilla saying that the place he would like to be .. "

he wanted to be her tampon? Covered in blood and in her foo foo? I knew he liked bloodsports but.....

Fucking hilarious I'd say. The Tampon always come to my mind . lol his call to camilla , where he would like to be .did she leave a tampon behind and Diana found it? Im lost now..it was a long time ago and i may have forgotten thisHe was on the phone having a sexy chat to camilla saying that the place he would like to be .. he wanted to be her tampon? Covered in blood and in her foo foo? I knew he liked bloodsports but....."

I know was not the best chat up line when your horny and wish to shag , lol

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Fucking hilarious I'd say. The Tampon always come to my mind . lol his call to camilla , where he would like to be .did she leave a tampon behind and Diana found it? Im lost now..it was a long time ago and i may have forgotten thisHe was on the phone having a sexy chat to camilla saying that the place he would like to be .. he wanted to be her tampon? Covered in blood and in her foo foo? I knew he liked bloodsports but..... I know was not the best chat up line when your horny and wish to shag , lol "

i know where would you attach the string?

By *mm_n_ZedCouple  over a year ago

Fareham

Diana died on my daughter's 10th birthday. The bouncy castle hire guy cancelled so her party was wrecked ... she was devastated.

Just the day from a 10 year old's perspective

PS - As an adult, I felt for her poor kids

"This FRIDAY 31 August will be the 15th anniversary of her death .. She touched the hearts of alot of people .. QUEEN OF HEARTS and her legacy lives on in William and Harry.. I did get to meet her myself and she is one lady i will never forget x GOD BLESS XX"

A 'meet' with a member of the royal family? Now that is seriously high profile swinging and certainly dwarfs my 'meet' with the girlfriend of 'the crossbow cannibal' from Bradford

I don't doubt that Diana did try to help, but I feel a bloodless coup is required to remove the royal family, say as soon as Elizabeth II dies, no more.

It is ridiculous to have as your head of state someone who is only there because of an accident of birth.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"I don't doubt that Diana did try to help, but I feel a bloodless coup is required to remove the royal family, say as soon as Elizabeth II dies, no more.

It is ridiculous to have as your head of state someone who is only there because of an accident of birth."

and we replace with whom?

"I don't doubt that Diana did try to help, but I feel a bloodless coup is required to remove the royal family, say as soon as Elizabeth II dies, no more.

It is ridiculous to have as your head of state someone who is only there because of an accident of birth.

and we replace with whom?"

Me, no seriously it not them personally (although they are totally out of touch) its what they represent, in my mind stagnation, status quo etc.

This country has been going backwards for over a hundred years and its got worse for last 30 years or so. We need an elected head of state with experience of real life.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

and we replace with whom?

Me, no seriously it not them personally (although they are totally out of touch) its what they represent, in my mind stagnation, status quo etc.

This country has been going backwards for over a hundred years and its got worse for last 30 years or so. We need an elected head of state with experience of real life."

disagree we have been going 'backwards', there are still bug issue's with inequality, child poverty and the gap between rich and poor etc but we have the NHS and a welfare system where unlike some countries people dont starve etc..

an elected head of state would'nt work it would be a battle between the main political parties..

'President' Blair, Major or Cameron no thanks...

"She had an innocence which was endearing but kinda blew that out when she started shagging all and sundry !

I think people overlook the fact that a near middle aged man married a very innocent young girl AND continued his relationship with Camilla. He never wanted Diana. Her infidelity ( if it can be called that at all ) came when his affair was made known to her and the marriage had been over for a long time except in law.

It is interesting that a woman is considered no longer appealing or innocent just because she has sex or even just male friends.

"

Even on their honeymoon he kept in touch with Camilla, Diana commented that there were 'three' on that honeymoon.

She was chosen as a virginal young brood mare for Charles, he had wanted to marry Camilla but the Queen would not allow it then.

she was fantastic , she was patron of a charity that helped our daughter with her medical condition, and raised awareness and a lot of money that has helped many!!

By *amschwingerzCouple  over a year ago

West

Totally agree I will never forget, er..who was you talking about?

Diana was great, considering she was a young woman thrust into all that publicity, and ceremony and I think she excelled at her royal duties and became a fantastic icon for the Royal Family. It seems obvious she was chosen to help produce an heir to the throne and seems she had an awful lot of strain set on her young shoulders.

Camilla and Charles do seem suited and right for each other, what an emotional mess for all personally involved.

Diana, for all her insecurities, appeared a loving caring mother, its tragic she was taken so soon.

By *reedy_for_funCouple  over a year ago

My House

If I'm going to be really honest about this post then I have to say I couldn't care less about her death. I met her a few times and really didn't understand the fuss about her looks, glamour etc. The so called 'outpouring of national grief' was pathetic in the least and totally over the top. I didn't care then, I don't care now.

Those who mock Camilla obviously haven't seen pictures of her when she was younger. A very pretty lady indeed. Charles loves her so that's that. His choice not ours.

Well regarding the first part of your reply, nope neither did or do I, it's not as if anybody knew her personally or owt is it?

I hardly find it relevant to mourn a total stranger who has lived a more priveledged life than any of us could ever dream of, did a bit of charity work and was sadly killed in a car crash.

I've lost scores of personal friends over the years, as I'm sure most of you have, these are real people you knew, not some marketed press image of a total stranger. Shit happens, move on.

"If I'm going to be really honest about this post then I have to say I couldn't care less about her death. I met her a few times and really didn't understand the fuss about her looks, glamour etc. The so called 'outpouring of national grief' was pathetic in the least and totally over the top. I didn't care then, I don't care now.

Those who mock Camilla obviously haven't seen pictures of her when she was younger. A very pretty lady indeed. Charles loves her so that's that. His choice not ours.

"

"Well regarding the first part of your reply, nope neither did or do I, it's not as if anybody knew her personally or owt is it?

I hardly find it relevant to mourn a total stranger who has lived a more priveledged life than any of us could ever dream of, did a bit of charity work and was sadly killed in a car crash.

I've lost scores of personal friends over the years, as I'm sure most of you have, these are real people you knew, not some marketed press image of a total stranger. Shit happens, move on."

I too met Diana, a lovely woman but not one I personally mourned.

Friday is also the anniversary of my partners death, now him I mourn but don't expect strangers to do so.

Well I don't think the majority of people actually mourn in the literal sense, apart from the obsessives who have issues. People will just spare a thought on the day.

Diana was a celebrity. We are all affected by celebrity and people we don't know in our lives, whether that be actors or musicians. I am sad over the death of Freddie Mercury, not because he was a personal friend, but selfishly because I will never get to go to another concert. I don't sit surrounded by pictures of Freddie, lighting candles and crying. I personally think back to that fantastic concert, the great time I had, the mass feeling of pleasure all those thousands of people shared, I have a DVD that I sometimes watch and remember the good time and exciting event in my life.

People may miss seeing pictures of Diana, hearing about her charity work, watching drama unfold in her personal life. Its nothing sinister or weird, we all enjoy peeking into other peoples lives.

Our own personal loss is just that, deeply personal, real grief and sorrow. Of course it isn't comparable to someone we personally don't know, but that's just stating the glaringly obvious isn't it.

I don't think the word mourning etc in relation to this thread was meant to be quite so literal

I wouldn’t call myself a Diana fan,,,,,, but I will give her credit for the proactive way she supported charities and campaigns she’d chosen to back .

She was among the first high profile people to visit hospital patients suffering from HIV and AIDS. She publicly shook hands with them, hugged and cuddled babies dying from the dreadful disease at a time when most people believed even being in the same room as AIDS sufferers would mean certain death. She helped break down those prejudices ….

She campaigned against landmines openly criticising governments who sanctioned their use and set up charities to help civilian lives wrecked by land mines…

It's good to see her sons seem to have inherited those sensibilities

"I wouldn’t call myself a Diana fan,,,,,, but I will give her credit for the proactive way she supported charities and campaigns she’d chosen to back .

She was among the first high profile people to visit hospital patients suffering from HIV and AIDS. She publicly shook hands with them, hugged and cuddled babies dying from the dreadful disease at a time when most people believed even being in the same room as AIDS sufferers would mean certain death. She helped break down those prejudices ….

She campaigned against landmines openly criticising governments who sanctioned their use and set up charities to help civilian lives wrecked by land mines…

It's good to see her sons seem to have inherited those sensibilities

"

Exactly

[Removed by poster at 29/08/12 08:58:20]

Even on their honeymoon he kept in touch with Camilla, Diana commented that there were 'three' on that honeymoon.

She was chosen as a virginal young brood mare for Charles, he had wanted to marry Camilla but the Queen would not allow it then."

yes your so right xx she was a virgin and thats what thay was after love never come into it ...... but for her it did .. its so sad .. really.

» Add a new message to this topic