FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Mutton Dressed as lamb ?

Mutton Dressed as lamb ?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Mutton dressed as lamb? Why shouldn't we dress how we like ?

So what if others don’t like my outfit – I feel good and that’s what counts.

Joanna Lumley, 65, recently urged women to rip up the fashion rule book and not worry what people think.

Fashion isn’t about age – it’s about what looks good. I wouldn’t wear a some things not because I’m 40s – I wouldn’t wear some

as I don’t suit them. Like

baggy clothes make me feel fat so not for me. Woman like Madonna, Kylie Minogue, loads of them look fab and dress well and have fun .. I think my girls who i shop with alot and john would soon tell me if not right for everyday. My clubing things i may just ask john what he think.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

You can dress as you like. It may not suit you in the eyes of others but as long as you are happy, who cares.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 23/08/12 15:51:37]

Think every one has the right to dress how they want and shouldn't be judged for it, it's only clothes and does not effect what's in side x

Mutton dreesed as lamb for me is a 40 summit fat sagging and not well kept in a tiny stella mcartney number which is 3 sizes too small for them not a good look , yeah wear what you wont as long as it looks good on you

By *hynottsCouple  over a year ago

nottingham

[Removed by poster at 23/08/12 15:52:47]

By *hynottsCouple  over a year ago

nottingham

Most of the guy on here ask for the woman to dress like lamb .if i dont like what mrs shy trys on i tell her

Mutton you are joking ! Really ?

I like to see lady's like you when I'm out clubbing/pubing you get ALL my best chat up lines xxx

By *onboy777Man  over a year ago

Newark

Wear what you feel happy in who cares what the haters think there just shallow insecure individuals with no life so have to pick on other peoples so they have something to talk about

By *ubybabyCouple  over a year ago

lincoln ish

i dress how i want, not how people want me to dress, sod anyone my clothes my rules xxxxxx anyone want to help me with my over the top outfits xxx

if it looks good on you no1 will notice.. its 40+ over weight women wearing the same outfit at their slim 18 year old daughter they have a problem with.

Newark

"i dress how i want, not how people want me to dress, sod anyone my clothes my rules xxxxxx anyone want to help me with my over the top outfits xxx"

I'm on my way

"Wear what you feel happy in who cares what the haters think there just shallow insecure individuals with no life so have to pick on other peoples so they have something to talk about "

Yeah ok great point but would you like to see an older lady in a dress far too young and small for them ???

The only reason im asking because i was at a fancy do in glasgow and the women was outside waiting on a taxi couldnt help but notice her dress was really small and young for her , make up to dark and basiclly looked like mutton dressed as lamb !!! sorry but thats my opinion

dress how you feel.

i wear black a lot as i find its in keeping with the surroundings

but every woman has her style and look that suits her. each one different and she can stop a guy and make him just stare by walking on by.

us guys dont have powers like that.

but you sure know it when she walks on by.

you always look classy JO. your a top lady xx

"if it looks good on you no1 will notice.. its 40+ over weight women wearing the same outfit at their slim 18 year old daughter they have a problem with."

well said just what i was trying to get across !!!

"Wear what you feel happy in who cares what the haters think there just shallow insecure individuals with no life so have to pick on other peoples so they have something to talk about "

Newark

"Wear what you feel happy in who cares what the haters think there just shallow insecure individuals with no life so have to pick on other peoples so they have something to talk about

Yeah ok great point but would you like to see an older lady in a dress far too young and small for them ???

The only reason im asking because i was at a fancy do in glasgow and the women was outside waiting on a taxi couldnt help but notice her dress was really small and young for her , make up to dark and basiclly looked like mutton dressed as lamb !!! sorry but thats my opinion "

I agree some look good some don't but if they want to wear it why not ? but some people won't wear such things even though they would look fantastic as there worried about the haters and there comments

"Most of the guy on here ask for the woman to dress like lamb .if i dont like what mrs shy trys on i tell her "

this is true

i get loads of mail from guys asking me to dress up like a dogs dinner on a meet

When i buy clothes i look and ask if my kids would wear it, usually the answers yes lol but if it is i put it back

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Why would you care what other people think, if you think you look good why would it bother you. There is things i dont like to see women in but thats my opinion

"dress how you feel.

but every woman has her style and look that suits her. each one different and she can stop a guy and make him just stare by walking on by.

you always look classy JO. your a top lady xx"

Yeah I think you'll find guys stop and stare when I walk by. Must be my special powers.

As long as you're wearing something that's the right size and makes you feel good then that's all that matters.

Except never wear black bras with white tops.

Or strapped bras with off the shoulder tops/dresses.

"dress how you feel.

Yeah I think you'll find guys stop and stare when I walk by. Must be my special powers.

As long as you're wearing something that's the right size and makes you feel good then that's all that matters.

"

with legs like that we may see you in Hot-pants shorts. xx

In the mail a while ago, they were having a go at madona because of the way she dresses, they were saying she is too old.

she does look good though, and she doesnt give a damn what anyone else thinks, so good for her.

you will always get some people who say, mutton dressed as lamb, or think it. It doesnt bother me that much, what people wear, or what they think about the way i dress.

I wear what i like.

One woman was even saying that women over 40 shouldnt wear fish net tights.

In the mail.

"In the mail a while ago, they were having a go at madona because of the way she dresses, they were saying she is too old.

she does look good though, and she doesnt give a damn what anyone else thinks, so good for her.

you will always get some people who say, mutton dressed as lamb, or think it. It doesnt bother me that much, what people wear, or what they think about the way i dress.

I wear what i like.

One woman was even saying that women over 40 shouldnt wear fish net tights.

In the mail.

"

I think Madonna looks great. If it was a dowdy 50 year old with grey straggly hair and a tache then she might not look so good in leggings and a boob tube.

I think if you feel good then you look good. Wear what makes you feel good. Some people will like it and some won't.

I often wear odd outfits just for the reaction I get off other people. Makes me laugh.

By *abloBackMan  over a year ago

London

"dress how you feel.

"

Where am I going wrong?

I need you to take me shopping

Once saw a goth that only wears pink leather (fact)

Love mutton dressed as lamb and real tight clothes on bigger lady guess its just my taste lol and it depends on place or situation x not allways suitible . But right place right time ??all good ??

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

When my mum.and dad were breaking up they had a massive row in the shopping centre cos he walked behind her baaing as she tried on New clothes

By *bbandflowCouple  over a year ago

South Devon

What's the male equivalent of 'mutton dressed up as lamb'?..oh! there isn't one..I wonder why.

By *riskygazMan  over a year ago

birmingham

I don’t have a problem with women 40+ wearing sexy younger outfits, if you still have the curves for it then go for it, with a couple of girlfriends I have had over the years I actually fancied her mom more than her lol, About two years after finishing with one girl I shagged her mom, does that make me a very naughty boy :-$ she had that one thing I just cant resist, a sexy pair of legs and always showed them off,

Am just happy beig a man after reading these can't go wrong with smart shirt and jeans and nice shoes haha

"Am just happy beig a man after reading these can't go wrong with smart shirt and jeans and nice shoes haha"
I dress like that skinny jeans as long legs and nice heels and white shirt 3 or 4 buttons open , lol

I'm just horrified that women in their 40s are seen as Mutton!!! Surely this is meant for much much older women. Anyway if you're happy do it. I'll still be wearing short skirts and revealing clothes for many years to come and if that offends - look away

"I'm just horrified that women in their 40s are seen as Mutton!!! Surely this is meant for much much older women. Anyway if you're happy do it. I'll still be wearing short skirts and revealing clothes for many years to come and if that offends - look away "
me too xxx

I think as long as you look good in the clothes and they are the correct size and flatter the figure then all is good.

If an older lady can pull off a very short dress then good luck to her.

I don't believe in the acting your age rubbish. I have always been creative with my clothes and I like unusual styles. I would be unhappy wearing classic clothes in neutral colours. I find that dull and boring and non descript. I would hate to blend into the background.

I could not buy clothes from .arks and Spencer or BHS, those type of clothes bore me rigid. I accessorise a lot of my clothing because I like unique touches.

I often feel that women who label others 'mutton dressed as lamb' are envious. And if people are talking about you, regardless of whether they are being nasty or appreciative, you are being noticed, I'd rather that than look like a bland one in a crowd

"Mutton dressed as lamb? Why shouldn't we dress how we like ?

Joanna Lumley, 65, recently urged women to rip up the fashion rule book and not worry what people think.

Fashion isn’t about age – it’s about what looks good. I wouldn’t wear a some things not because I’m 40s – I wouldn’t wear some

baggy clothes make me feel fat so not for me. Woman like Madonna, Kylie Minogue, loads of them look fab and dress well and have fun .. I think my girls who i shop with alot and john would soon tell me if not right for everyday. My clubing things i may just ask john what he think.

"

"The man who follows fashion has no style" Oscar Wilde.

Ewe mutton do that!

"The man who follows fashion has no style" Oscar Wilde.

"

I only like whats in fashion if it looks good on my body if not its not for me... Fashion my girls are more into it all . x

I am happy with my wardrobe, even though tis often said that if you wait long enough... One day I shall come back into fashion...

By *londeCazWoman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

I'm out on a social tonight, do you think it should be my hot pink ra-ra skirt or the neon green????

"I'm out on a social tonight, do you think it should be my hot pink ra-ra skirt or the neon green???? "

They are both nice colours, i prefer hot pink.

Trying to organise our xmas work do yesterday at work and thought it would be good to go fancy dress..our office boy of 24 pipes up that he thinks its absolutely disgusting when he goes out to see women in their 40's wearing short skirts and fancy dress stuff...ahem i replied im in my 40's! Little bast*rd! Lol I think us girls in their 40's should carry on wearing what we want as long as it looks good..i dont want to dress like a fuddy duddy just yet!! Lol

"I'm out on a social tonight, do you think it should be my hot pink ra-ra skirt or the neon green???? "
pink to make the boys wink ,

Hot pink it is then.......should I wear any other clothes with it??????

By *abloBackMan  over a year ago

London

"Hot pink it is then.......should I wear any other clothes with it??????"

Nipple shields and some bondage tape, don't wanna look too tarty

"Hot pink it is then.......should I wear any other clothes with it??????"
just a little white low cut vest top stocking and heels. lol .. xx pink lips .. xx oo and BIG SMILE X

By *ensual temptressWoman  over a year ago

Southampton

sorry but ....

i have my hair the colour I want it.

i style my hair the way I want it.

ill dress in the underwear I feel good in .

ill dress in clothes I feel sexy and confident in.

why on earth would i stress out wondering if someone wont like the length of my skirt or think my tops shows too much cleavage ????pmsl !! the way i decide to dress or have my hair ect is for ME to feel good about myself ,not to please other ppls opinion of what i should wear .

why ppl feel they have to pass commemt on way others dress says more about them than the person they are snipping at in my opinion .

the only mutton is the sheep who brainlessly follow others to be part part of the flock as they have either no clue about to be themself or no balls to stand up against the tide .

"sorry but ....

i have my hair the colour I want it.

i style my hair the way I want it.

ill dress in the underwear I feel good in .

ill dress in clothes I feel sexy and confident in.

why on earth would i stress out wondering if someone wont like the length of my skirt or think my tops shows too much cleavage ????pmsl !! the way i decide to dress or have my hair ect is for ME to feel good about myself ,not to please other ppls opinion of what i should wear .

why ppl feel they have to pass commemt on way others dress says more about them than the person they are snipping at in my opinion .

the only mutton is the sheep who brainlessly follow others to be part part of the flock as they have either no clue about to be themself or no balls to stand up against the tide . "

And it would not be you if part of a flock. You stand out and look fab. You dear to be different and good on you i say. xxx

By *unloversCouple  over a year ago

rotherham

I totally agree with women dressing how they want....however old they are

I still wear tarty mini dresses with killer heels or thigh boots and dont give a shit what other people think to be honest as I feel good in them

You are a long time dead so why shouldnt we feel good about ourselves

xxx

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

I sometimes wear my old school blazer & short trousers, does that count

"I sometimes wear my old school blazer & short trousers, does that count "

Bloody hell I didn't know we had Angus Young on the site

By *aucy3Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

"I sometimes wear my old school blazer & short trousers, does that count

Bloody hell I didn't know we had Angus Young on the site "

"Hot pink it is then.......should I wear any other clothes with it??????

Nipple shields and some bondage tape, don't wanna look too tarty "

Cheers Pablo, I'm banned from the local real ale pub now as well as every Costa Fecking Fortune in the country

People can dress whatever they please, however, it does not mean I have to like them.

Just because they love themselves, does not mean I have to love them.

Simple, really.

By *aucy3Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

your life,your way.

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

I am not shallow or insecure but I dress well and I know what looks good on people.... and as I said if people are happy with what they wear... that is cool but I reserve the right to think otherwise.

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

and they me....

I would say let people dress how they like, eat what they like and do what they like with their teeth all without comment from others.........but hey people like to comment so all or fuck all I say.

I respect everyone's freedom of choice. However, I expect the same in return, and if I do not believe something is right/suitable, then it is my choice.

"Think every one has the right to dress how they want and shouldn't be judged for it, it's only clothes and does not effect what's in side x"

The same people get at young lads with jeans round their knee's.

If they want to dish out criticism then they should learn to take it without crying about it.

By *anSusieCouple  over a year ago

Midlothian

Just thinking:naturist have it easy

"Think every one has the right to dress how they want and shouldn't be judged for it, it's only clothes and does not effect what's in side x

The same people get at young lads with jeans round their knee's.

If they want to dish out criticism then they should learn to take it without crying about it.

"

Well there you have hit the big nail on the head with a small hammer. There are so many people in this world who love to have an opinion on others, critique and criticise which far enough for me it all fair in love n war. However what I think is rich is when someone comments on them the its FUCK YOU CAN'T SAY THAT attitude. Fair play if you give it then you take it other wise its all a bit or rectumality as I see it.

I think you should wear just what you like. Those that come out with this 'mutton dressed as lamb' business are usually those who wouldn't ever dare to wear something as nice.

Their coming out with that is like so many other people criticising others for height, creed, weight, sexuality, ability and all the rest... it's just challenging others that are different, and shaming them into behaving in a different way. It's behaviour that should not be tolerated in daily life, or on this website when it happens too. The world is full of people all different, that difference is what makes us unique.

Wearing such nice things shows a refreshingly youthful outlook towards things... such an outlook is very attractive in my book.

Wolf

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

What about a bra dressed as chicken?

I am not going to refrain from voicing my _iews or opinions just because it may not go down well with others, FAB or otherwise.

Never have done, and I am not going to start now at my old age!

As I have said before, do/dress/eat/behave/whatever you like, just don't expect me to like it in return.

We can't all like the same things, or the world will be a very dull place!

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"I am not going to refrain from voicing my _iews or opinions just because it may not go down well with others, FAB or otherwise.

Never have done, and I am not going to start now at my old age!

As I have said before, do/dress/eat/behave/whatever you like, just don't expect me to like it in return.

We can't all like the same things, or the world will be a very dull place!

"

How true Pearl....

"What about a bra dressed as chicken? "

How long did it take Colin to get to you.....I want that photo

"I totally agree with women dressing how they want....however old they are

I still wear tarty mini dresses with killer heels or thigh boots and dont give a shit what other people think to be honest as I feel good in them

You are a long time dead so why shouldnt we feel good about ourselves

xxx "

Xxx

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

Well this thread has tickled me no end with the ironic comments. People who judge others for dressing like teenagers if they're slim are shallow haters but it's ok to pass comments if they're fat and dress "inappropriately".

Some of you are truly full of it.

I dress to suit me in age/size appropriate clothes. I've been embarrassed attending meetings with colleagues inappropriately dressed...and these were men. Going to a meeting with government ministers dressed in a Liverpool shirt, jeans and trainers when you're knocking 50 is not a good look.

Mothers desperately trying to keep up with their daughters look sad to me. There are ladies that dress beautifully, Jennifer Aniston, Jane Fonda, Joan Collins to name a few...nothing mutton dressed as lamb about them...in my opinion.

By *he one in the middleMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

"Think every one has the right to dress how they want and shouldn't be judged for it, it's only clothes and does not effect what's in side x"

To right it is what is in side why shood all be the same

"I think you should wear just what you like. Those that come out with this 'mutton dressed as lamb' business are usually those who wouldn't ever dare to wear something as nice.

Their coming out with that is like so many other people criticising others for height, creed, weight, sexuality, ability and all the rest... it's just challenging others that are different, and shaming them into behaving in a different way. It's behaviour that should not be tolerated in daily life, or on this website when it happens too. The world is full of people all different, that difference is what makes us unique.

Wearing such nice things shows a refreshingly youthful outlook towards things... such an outlook is very attractive in my book.

Wolf

"

wolf i am loving your post xxxx

Money cannot buy happiness, or style, or taste, or sophistication, or wit, or intelligence.

IMHO.

I buy clothes that suit my build and that are comfortable.

Some cost next to nothing, some cost quite a bit.

Other than leather brogues and a suit tho, I draw the line at buying anything starting with 3 or more figures.

"I buy clothes that suit my build and that are comfortable.

Other than leather brogues and a suit tho, I draw the line at buying anything starting with 3 or more figures."

well i have payed 100s for things and end up no liking or bored so give away to my family and friends or charity shops and i have some kinky stuff to big not easy to give away. LOL I get bored of things and like mixing it up. And love to not look the same so do look for things that are different.

"I buy clothes that suit my build and that are comfortable.

Other than leather brogues and a suit tho, I draw the line at buying anything starting with 3 or more figures. well i have payed 100s for things and end up no liking or bored so give away to my family and friends or charity shops and i have some kinky stuff to big not easy to give away. LOL I get bored of things and like mixing it up. And love to not look the same so do look for things that are different."

I am just the same Jo.

The local charity shops do very well out of me, as does one of my friends who is a similar build to me.

Am always giving stuff away that's only been worn 3/4 times.

Then we go out and other friends will say 'didn't you used to have a top like that ?'

"Money cannot buy happiness, or style, or taste, or sophistication, or wit, or intelligence.

IMHO. "

No but you cant do alot with out it. I like the things in life that are free ... love being nude never having things on .. its Heven and cost nothing .. just cant live like that everyday.

Newark

"Wear what you feel happy in who cares what the haters think there just shallow insecure individuals with no life so have to pick on other peoples so they have something to talk about

I am not shallow or insecure but I dress well and I know what looks good on people.... and as I said if people are happy with what they wear... that is cool but I reserve the right to think otherwise. "

Some people do look better in things than others I do agree but keeping your thoughts to yourself is what normal people do not verbally abuse or ridicule someone due to the way there dressed or look in something

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

I am not shallow or insecure but I dress well and I know what looks good on people.... and as I said if people are happy with what they wear... that is cool but I reserve the right to think otherwise.

Some people do look better in things than others I do agree but keeping your thoughts to yourself is what normal people do not verbally abuse or ridicule someone due to the way there dressed or look in something "

I agree no need to verbally abuse anyone.. then again I wouldn't describe them as haters or shallow insecure with no life... maybe just rude.

But a lot of people do ask 'how do I look in this'...

they asked...

Exactly what I think too.

I have great legs so often wear short dresses, they look good so why shouldnt I?

"

Newark

Some people do look better in things than others I do agree but keeping your thoughts to yourself is what normal people do not verbally abuse or ridicule someone due to the way there dressed or look in something

I agree no need to verbally abuse anyone.. then again I wouldn't describe them as haters or shallow insecure with no life... maybe just rude.

But a lot of people do ask 'how do I look in this'...

they asked... "

You have a point in that respect

"Well this thread has tickled me no end with the ironic comments. People who judge others for dressing like teenagers if they're slim are shallow haters but it's ok to pass comments if they're fat and dress "inappropriately".

Some of you are truly full of it.

I dress to suit me in age/size appropriate clothes. I've been embarrassed attending meetings with colleagues inappropriately dressed...and these were men. Going to a meeting with government ministers dressed in a Liverpool shirt, jeans and trainers when you're knocking 50 is not a good look.

Mothers desperately trying to keep up with their daughters look sad to me. There are ladies that dress beautifully, Jennifer Aniston, Jane Fonda, Joan Collins to name a few...nothing mutton dressed as lamb about them...in my opinion."

I agree with what you say about football shirts, and a suit would have looked better. some jeans can look smart though and my hubby is 70 and wears them all the time, they are practical. when i first met him he was 40 and i said to him he looked better in jeans, he has always been slim.

i dont think just because someone is big that they shouldnt wear what they like either, its up to them.

if it offends some people, then they shouldnt look at them should they.

as for people wearing trainers, you can get some very smart ones and some people have to wear them because they have bad feet.

By *eminiman61Man  over a year ago

mansfield

Wear what you want if it looks good.

What I dont like seeing is someone wearing say a short skirt its too tight n they keep pulling it down..... Not a good look

Quite often I dress to impress and seem to stand out......

This is 100% true believe me or not I dont care....

6-8 weeks ago I was having a drink with a friend in a nightclub in Turkey and this girl kept looking at me. After 15-20 mins she started chatting to me she was Miss Turkey last year and she thort I was a fashion designer...... Clothes dont maketh the man/woman but they help get you noticed.....

Be yourself dont follow fashion..... How embarrassing when your out and theres more than 1 person wearing the same thing

By *ethany10Couple  over a year ago

falkirk

I think people should wear what they like. However, the reality is that, firstly, some women and men do not dress for their body shape and whether we like it or not others will make a judgement or will have an opinion. In my experience it is normally other females that will bitch about other female's clothing for whatever reason. I believe that is the reality. I must admit any woman of any age who does not have the legs should not wear short skirts or hot pants.

By *ethany10Couple  over a year ago

falkirk

One other thing I meant to say is that despite the protestations on here I believe women, in particular, do care what other people think of their appearance. Just my opinion and experience.

Steve

By *ogistical NightmaresCouple  over a year ago

Manchester Area

[Removed by poster at 24/08/12 14:31:14]

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

Have a photo of me taken 6 years ago and have been told more than once that then I looked like Lamb dressed as Mutton. And have also been told that I look younger now than I did then

I had shoulder length grey hair and dressed much older than my then 47 years.

Even now 6 years later I wouldn't be seen dead in what I wore then.

Ok weight loss helped, which gave me more confidence, change of hairstyle and colour, which varies regularly. Change of wardrobe, plus a confidence boost sexually and the difference is very noticable. One or two on Fab have seen the offending photo.

Yes my wardrobe has changed, but so has my outlook on life and on me.

I feel good and for me that is all that matters

There is a woman who we see in town near us. she looks about 70 and dresses like a teenager, all dolled up.

People should dress as they like....On the same principle, however, I or anyone else is entitled to think what they like about someones style.....

As long as I don't look like I've dressed in the dark and I'm comfortable, then who cares. I've reached the age to know what looks good on me and what I look good in.

4 or so years ago when i worked in a shop a customer i talked to said she was going to wear her leather trousers but her daughter told her she was too old!

saw her a couple of weeks ago she was wearing them she looked stunning, she is tall slim with long legs and she's 62.

so wear what makes you feel good is what i say.

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

I prefer to dress how I like rather than constantly seeking reassurance from strangers....

"I prefer to dress how I like rather than constantly seeking reassurance from strangers...."

» Add a new message to this topic