FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Politicians, public figures have the right to

Politicians, public figures have the right to

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *phrodite OP   Woman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

to have a private life.

Well, Hancock was the most recent example and while I disapprove of his actions in the same way I disapproved of Cummings testing his eyesight, I do feel that in the case of adultery this should be kept as private as possible.

For one, it suits no purpose to expose the details of an affair.

Furthermore, innocent parties e.g. children are likely to get hurt in the process.

I have seen some horrendous posts on social media about the former Health Secretary - with thousands of posters believing they "know and understand" his relationship with his wife.

Really?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I don't think many people care about his private life or marriage. What people do care about is the one rule for them, one rule for us agenda

By *annaBeStrongMan  over a year ago

w

Your wrong because he gave that woman a nearly £1000 a week job paid for by the tax payer

Any conflict of interests should be exposed and investigated

w

"Your wrong because he gave that woman a nearly £1000 a week job paid for by the tax payer

Any conflict of interests should be exposed and investigated "

If I remember rightly, it was 15k salary a year with around 20 days work per year. So £750 per day of the tax payers money to someone that got the job potentially because she took her knickers off

By *yron69Man  over a year ago

Fareham

He was supposed to lead us by example through a national emergency .

By *aitonelMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

[Removed by poster at 28/06/21 17:32:07]

Liverpool

Pretty much what's been said. If it was nothing more than an affair and only an affair then sure. Let the man slink off and us never see or hear from him or about it again.

But it's not. He abused his power, he tried to be the sneaky little hideous fucking C.H.U.D. The affair is just small potatoes compared to the shit surrounding it.

By *tew008Man  over a year ago

edinburgh

Couldn’t care less who he shags. As said it above her employment and the situation was nothing other than corruption. Story leaked at the Sun same time as Gove was found guilty of fraudulent PPE/NHS contracts.

Could be a coincidence as they’ve flouted that many rules.

Soon will be forgotten.

By *tew008Man  over a year ago

edinburgh

"Soon will be forgotten."

Probably he’s already been told that he is able to come back to front bench politics.

I think that the reason why this was such an issue was less about the fact that he was having an affair, and more about the fact that he was breaking the very rules he was imposing on the rest of us.

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

"to have a private life.

Well, Hancock was the most recent example and while I disapprove of his actions in the same way I disapproved of Cummings testing his eyesight, I do feel that in the case of adultery this should be kept as private as possible.

Furthermore, innocent parties e.g. children are likely to get hurt in the process.

I have seen some horrendous posts on social media about the former Health Secretary - with thousands of posters believing they "know and understand" his relationship with his wife.

Really?

"

Yes absoulutley! His poor wife and kids! They are the innocents x

So, maybe I did not make it clear - I understand the concerns about his not following the rules he imposed on us all - absolutely on board with him having to go.

I am not disputing any issue about monies paid out of public funds.... that was not my intended question.

My questions is meant to focus solely on the personal part of the event, what I saw on social media was quite literally a detailed analysis of his marriage and his relationship with his lover, the effect it may have on the children in both relationships, the fact his wife had paused her career to support him etc.

I probably should not be asking the question as arguably I am doing similar on here?

I just wish people would stay out of the really private part of people's lives.

w

"So, maybe I did not make it clear - I understand the concerns about his not following the rules he imposed on us all - absolutely on board with him having to go.

I am not disputing any issue about monies paid out of public funds.... that was not my intended question.

My questions is meant to focus solely on the personal part of the event, what I saw on social media was quite literally a detailed analysis of his marriage and his relationship with his lover, the effect it may have on the children in both relationships, the fact his wife had paused her career to support him etc.

I probably should not be asking the question as arguably I am doing similar on here?

I just wish people would stay out of the really private part of people's lives. "

But he’s part of a government elected by the people. We should know about the type of people they are. It might change our voting decisions if we know a certain party is hiring shit heads.

This is like saying if we found out Boris was actually a full fledged nazi supporter we should all just ignore it because it’s his private life.

When you become part of the government you open yourself up to be judged on every aspect of your life because the type of person you are says a lot about how our country is run.

If they had let this slide it would have been a big mark against the Conservative party.

For the privacy part, I think he lost his right to that when doing it at work. If he wanted to keep it private, don't do it where you can get caught.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I think his private life should remain private. The problem is his private life has become inextricably entangled with his public life and he must bear some of the responsibility for that and the effects on his family. I do think that us ordinary people should refrain from finger pointing though. I feel very sorry for the ex spouses and children in this case

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Wish they would leave his wife alone.

"So, maybe I did not make it clear - I understand the concerns about his not following the rules he imposed on us all - absolutely on board with him having to go.

But he’s part of a government elected by the people. We should know about the type of people they are. It might change our voting decisions if we know a certain party is hiring shit heads.

This is like saying if we found out Boris was actually a full fledged nazi supporter we should all just ignore it because it’s his private life.

When you become part of the government you open yourself up to be judged on every aspect of your life because the type of person you are says a lot about how our country is run.

If they had let this slide it would have been a big mark against the Conservative party. "

I don't necessarily agree - if the actions of a politician are directly linked to the welfare of the public they should be made public. A person's marriage is not part of that.

If it were meant to be scrutinised by the public say for their "integrity" we would have a different prime minister perhaps?

Liverpool

If they had let this slide it would have been a big mark against the Conservative party. "

Indeed. It is a shame that there is a 3rd party involved (his innocent family) but he is the one who brought this all upon them.

People in power should NOT have this shit swept under the rug. It's not some random celebrity, it is as said, an elected official of the government. Collateral damage that is part and parcel of the job.

Yeah that's cold, but so often are the actions of politicians. One of the many risks of the job.

The affair is entangled so much in the other shit he pulled, its going to be a part of it. Every little detail.

I feel for his family, but their pain is going to be the only true consequences he faces - the man so far is getting off so fucking easy.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"to have a private life.

Really?

"

In this case I don’t think it’s the actual relationship as such… it is as much the flouting of the covid restrictions as much as getting her a job and kickbacks for his friends…

It just doesn’t pass the smell test…..

w

If they had let this slide it would have been a big mark against the Conservative party.

I don't necessarily agree - if the actions of a politician are directly linked to the welfare of the public they should be made public. A person's marriage is not part of that.

If it were meant to be scrutinised by the public say for their "integrity" we would have a different prime minister perhaps?"

So you don’t think someone that would cheat on their wife holding a position in government should be under scrutiny?

The fact Boris is in just means more people liked his as a politician that people that disliked him as a person. But we should still be able to see what type of people they are.

The way things are reported these days who can you trust.

If he did go straight to his wife and tell her it's over then fine.

Would I have cheated if married. No. But I guess to someone in power the rules are different and they attract the opposite sex regular.

Must be a lot of flirting and sexual tensions

By *ackDMissMorganCouple  over a year ago

Halifax

"For the privacy part, I think he lost his right to that when doing it at work. If he wanted to keep it private, don't do it where you can get caught."

This and he sadly didn't seem to be thinking of his wife and children. I also feel for her husband and kids too.

If it were meant to be scrutinised by the public say for their "integrity" we would have a different prime minister perhaps?

So you don’t think someone that would cheat on their wife holding a position in government should be under scrutiny?

The fact Boris is in just means more people liked his as a politician that people that disliked him as a person. But we should still be able to see what type of people they are."

I have some sympathy for the idea that the cheating is an indicator to somebody's character, I really do.

That said, I feel that a person still has a right to some privacy - for their family's sake just for starters.

People know he had an affair and he behaved badly in public office which is the reason he needs to go (not the affair) but does it really need to be spread in all detail across the tabloids and social media?

What does not sit right with me is the voyeuristic aspect of this - (I don't mind voyeurism in other areas, mind...;-)

By *andybeachWoman  over a year ago

In the middle

A right to a private life means if I’m out with my wife and family then please leave me alone, if I’m on holiday with family then please leave me alone.

If I get caught groping and snogging a “uni friend” whilst in my office, a friend who I gave a cushty job too whilst telling you all you can’t even see your family in the garden, whilst already being investigated to handing out millions in contracts to my mates then yes maybe I should be looked at and I’ve actually overstepped the mark!

w

The fact Boris is in just means more people liked his as a politician that people that disliked him as a person. But we should still be able to see what type of people they are.

I have some sympathy for the idea that the cheating is an indicator to somebody's character, I really do.

That said, I feel that a person still has a right to some privacy - for their family's sake just for starters.

People know he had an affair and he behaved badly in public office which is the reason he needs to go (not the affair) but does it really need to be spread in all detail across the tabloids and social media?

What does not sit right with me is the voyeuristic aspect of this - (I don't mind voyeurism in other areas, mind...;-)"

I guess the public want to know

Was this a one off snog that got caught

Or is this a long standing affair

Also, what kind of man is he when it comes to putting this right? How does he fix things? Has he done this before in the past?

These are all things a voter wants to know to stay better informed on the type of people the government works with

That set of pics was taken from a government secure camera and these are not for the public domain.

Arrests or sackings will follow

"A right to a private life means if I’m out with my wife and family then please leave me alone, if I’m on holiday with family then please leave me alone.

If I get caught groping and snogging a “uni friend” whilst in my office, a friend who I gave a cushty job too whilst telling you all you can’t even see your family in the garden, whilst already being investigated to handing out millions in contracts to my mates then yes maybe I should be looked at and I’ve actually overstepped the mark! "

I think I am still not making my point well enough : I am referring to the aftermath, the ongoing saga of what he did, his family life, his family being hunted down etc.

Maybe it is me, I just do not get any pleasure out of reading/ see about other people's misery and embarrassment. I dislike tabloids for that very reason.

"Also, what kind of man is he when it comes to putting this right? How does he fix things? Has he done this before in the past?

These are all things a voter wants to know to stay better informed on the type of people the government works with"

Apologies I just cut out the bit I wanted to respond to: I think the kind of person, the trustworthiness etc are things that should to a degree come out of the SC/DV clearance everybody in public office undergoes, well as much as possible unto the point at which they are voted in/ employed etc.

As I said, for me it just makes really uncomfortable reading when I see a wife and children in this case, exposed to the public.

By *ravellerukMan  over a year ago

Burnham on Sea

While in principle he is entitled to a private life, there is much more context.

1. He has spent the last 16 months presiding over a pandemic with strict rules on social contact that have prevent families hugging or even visiting. (These rules were still in place at the time the video was taken)

2. Last year when a SAGE scientist was caught in a similar predicament he said it was “impossible” for him to continue in his position.

3. He recruited this woman as a consultant at £1k per day, someone he’s know since university.

Whether he did or not it could appear that she was recruited purely to support their affair, at tax payer expense.

All of these reflect why exposing them was in public interest.

The real story is why. CCTV footage from within government buildings should not be easily leaked, so it’s unlikely by accident. Conveniently timed in the back of him being branded f**king useless.

The whole saga reflect poorly on the man, and on the man who has refused to sack him despite “alleged” gross incompetence

» Add a new message to this topic