FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Party on a Greek island

Party on a Greek island

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I'd like to share a story.

One of my Greek friends invited me to a party the other week. So I said ok. He told me to be round his place at around 10:30pm. Well He runs a restaurant so can't leave till after closing time. Anyway we didn't get away till around 12. And we all got in two boats to get there. It was literally dark. Anyway we all got to a beach, other people all turned up accordingly. Anyway it was just a typical rave night with smoking pot and drinking and dance music. But when the night was over everyone went round the beach to clean up all the mess, bottles, plastic cups, and we put it all on the boat and sailed back to Vassiliki(the village where we're staying) I was really amazed, because you know back home people just trash the beach with all sorts of rubbish, but the Greeks make sure it's all left as clean as possible.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

A lot of other countries have a lot more respect than the majority of the brits when it comes to leaving places as they find them (a lot are worse as well).

However, big shout out to the Scottish football fans who went back to the streets of London the other week to help clean up

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

"A lot of other countries have a lot more respect than the majority of the brits when it comes to leaving places as they find them (a lot are worse as well).

However, big shout out to the Scottish football fans who went back to the streets of London the other week to help clean up "

Agree completely.

I mean, let's be honest, a massive proportion of British people are fucking gross and hugely disrespectful. Look on any car park near a McDonald's and there will be a parking space with Maccies rubbish on the floor where the people who parked there to eat just opened the car door and left it instead of taking it home or finding a bin.

Go to any restaurant that is family friendly and look at the state of the tables and floor as a family leaves. Napkins, food and other litter on the floor and table.

Education starts at home and if that's the kind of role models and lessons they're being taught, it's little fucking wonder. Personal responsibility, social responsibility? Nope. This country is a place where it's someone else's problem, where blame is consistently looked for elsewhere instead of owning ones shit.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"A lot of other countries have a lot more respect than the majority of the brits when it comes to leaving places as they find them (a lot are worse as well).

However, big shout out to the Scottish football fans who went back to the streets of London the other week to help clean up

Agree completely.

I mean, let's be honest, a massive proportion of British people are fucking gross and hugely disrespectful. Look on any car park near a McDonald's and there will be a parking space with Maccies rubbish on the floor where the people who parked there to eat just opened the car door and left it instead of taking it home or finding a bin.

Go to any restaurant that is family friendly and look at the state of the tables and floor as a family leaves. Napkins, food and other litter on the floor and table.

Education starts at home and if that's the kind of role models and lessons they're being taught, it's little fucking wonder. Personal responsibility, social responsibility? Nope. This country is a place where it's someone else's problem, where blame is consistently looked for elsewhere instead of owning ones shit."

Yes! My dad got married when my niece was 2 and obviously she went to the wedding as did other children around her age.

During the meal I was appalled at how some parents had left such utter mess and devastation around their child as they ate (again, similar ages to my niece). We're not a fastidious family but if she dropped something we picked it up. Why just leave it all lying around for someone else to clean up?

By *yron69Man  over a year ago

Fareham

I saw two old Tellies on a Greek beach once..

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Omg I thought ever country respects their environment...I was at my local beach yesterday & you'd want to see the amount of rubbish a large ethnic family had thrashed around

Plastic bottles been taken out to see with the tide etc...I just couldn't sit there & watch it happen...so I approached the female & said it to her...I was brave because this small ethnic group are known to be trouble...I was kinda shocked at her reaction...she apologised & helped me pick it all up... especially the ones already in the sea...

If peeps only knew the damage their litter causes to the environment & wild life they would not leave a trace behind them

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I went to a party organised by Italian friends and we similarly fully cleaned up that night and in the morning, to a pristine state.

There's a different social ethos that many other nationalities have that's absent here.

A few years ago I worked for a company as a mobile engineer, and I was sat in the van for lunch and there was this guy who opened his car door and just threw out a load of McDonald's rubbish. Now bearing in mind there was a bin literally a few meters from him. I thought 'seriously you are kidding me'? I mean there's being lazy and there's being lazy, but this is just so unreal.

By *atnip make me purrWoman  over a year ago

Reading

My mother is Swiss and she never ceases to be amazed by how dirty the Brits are.

"A few years ago I worked for a company as a mobile engineer, and I was sat in the van for lunch and there was this guy who opened his car door and just threw out a load of McDonald's rubbish. Now bearing in mind there was a bin literally a few meters from him. I thought 'seriously you are kidding me'? I mean there's being lazy and there's being lazy, but this is just so unreal. "

Omg I honestly do not get this mentality...it's scum behaviour...I'd have said it to me...or he'd have got a dagger of a look... question...did you pick it up?

*said it to him

No I didn't pick it up. At the same time there were two gypsies trying to sell me TV's(it was a scam)and they kept harassing me and started threatening, just because I wasn't interested. So I had to cut short my lunch break and drive off. My job was electrical break down and faults on the refrigerator units on the Co-op store. So we use to have to go to rough neighbourhoods.

'had to go to some rough neighbourhoods'. But some areas in the UK were really nice.

Ok I get ya...

When I first saw your thread subject I thought it was gonna be details of a hot party you attended

Yes I was at a party on a Greek island. I'm in Greece now, I'm a windsurfer, I come to Greece every year. I'm here for 10 weeks.

Oh do you mean did we tidy the beach up? Yes of course we did.

"Oh do you mean did we tidy the beach up? Yes of course we did. "

No. I know you did. You have it in your opening comment

I thought it was gonna be a Hot story not one about litter

Greece is Fab...enjoy every min

By *yron69Man  over a year ago

Fareham

"My mother is Swiss and she never ceases to be amazed by how dirty the Brits are. "

From a nation that dealt with stolen Jewish gold.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

" My job was electrical break down and faults on the refrigerator units on the Co-op store. So we use to have to go to rough neighbourhoods. "

There are three Co-Ops within walking distance of my house but no way is the north Leeds area I live in "rough".

I've worked up Leeds quite a few times, but I always seem to get lost around the city centre. The one way system is so confusing.

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

I always wonder if it's a British thing throwing rubbish down and just leaving it. I cannot imagine any other European country doing it.

By *apden75Man  over a year ago

dundee

A group of young guys sat in car park and threw sweet and crisp wrappers out of car door as I passed, a few of them landed at my feet, I picked them up and put them under the windscreen wipers.

» Add a new message to this topic