FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Bio of death

Bio of death

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *aneyy OP   Man  over a year ago

london

It may just be me but does anyone else really like someone’s pictures then read the bio and are instantly turned off? I’m not talking non existent bio or extreme kinks ect.

I’m talking LONG requirement lists, catalogue of dos and don’ts and some that are just rude full stop lol. I mean are people doing this to deliberately put everyone off or? I know some get thousands of messages a day so need to filter a bit but I see some bios that I believe I would be their type but it’s soo rude and cut throat I just think nahh your alright Lool.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Mine is exactly there to put people off, still doesn't work though

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Ive done the nicey nicey profiles over the years though. I find it easier just to be straight now. Some may think mine comes across a bit like that but I just know what I want. I’m fed up of so many messages from people who obviously don’t even bother reading it.

I don't need words

Saying I am a 51 year old bloke of large build is usually enough of a deterrent

By *affron40Woman  over a year ago

manchester

"Ive done the nicey nicey profiles over the years though. I find it easier just to be straight now. Some may think mine comes across a bit like that but I just know what I want. I’m fed up of so many messages from people who obviously don’t even bother reading it. "

What Nora said ^

By *ex HolesMan  over a year ago

Up North

If you need to scroll to read a profile it’s too long and needy in my book.

Nobody reads it anyway.

Yep. It happens

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

"Mine is exactly there to put people off, still doesn't work though "

So true

Paradise, Herts

"If you need to scroll to read a profile it’s too long and needy in my book. "

. Im soooooo fucking needy

Up North

"If you need to scroll to read a profile it’s too long and needy in my book.

. Im soooooo fucking needy "

You’ve added more to it

Paradise, Herts

You’ve added more to it "

Yep a couple of hours ago . Meh it’ll be changed tomorrow. I’ll have changed what I’m looking for again by then

By *rMojoRisinMan  over a year ago

Sheffield

Despite mine saying I’m straight, and I’m not interested in men. 99.9% of my messages are from men wanting sex!

What’s the fucking point?

Paradise, Herts

"Despite mine saying I’m straight, and I’m not interested in men. 99.9% of my messages are from men wanting sex!

What’s the fucking point? "

You can block men if you want. I have loads of different categories blocked

Up North

You’ve added more to it

Yep a couple of hours ago . Meh it’ll be changed tomorrow. I’ll have changed what I’m looking for again by then "

I’ll write it for you

Paradise, Herts

You’ve added more to it

Yep a couple of hours ago . Meh it’ll be changed tomorrow. I’ll have changed what I’m looking for again by then

I’ll write it for you "

Haha go on. I’ve no idea what to put to be honest. I’m not even sure if I’m looking for anything .

manchester

You’ve added more to it

I’ll write it for you "

I’d pay to see that!!

That’s a thread in itself

Up North

You’ve added more to it

I’ll write it for you

Haha go on. I’ve no idea what to put to be honest. I’m not even sure if I’m looking for anything . "

Ill send it across later

Up North

You’ve added more to it

I’ll write it for you

I’d pay to see that!!

"

I’ve already got the first paragraph in my head

Paradise, Herts

You’ve added more to it

I’ll write it for you

Haha go on. I’ve no idea what to put to be honest. I’m not even sure if I’m looking for anything .

Ill send it across later "

Ok

london

"Ive done the nicey nicey profiles over the years though. I find it easier just to be straight now. Some may think mine comes across a bit like that but I just know what I want. I’m fed up of so many messages from people who obviously don’t even bother reading it. "

I totally get that I can only imagine what it’s like having thousands of messages on here sending dick pics or clearly not what you want. But what about guys that you do want, reading your profile and thinking she’s a bit of an arsehole hahaha you know what I mean?

By *innie The MinxWoman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

"It may just be me but does anyone else really like someone’s pictures then read the bio and are instantly turned off? I’m not talking non existent bio or extreme kinks ect.

I’m talking LONG requirement lists, catalogue of dos and don’ts and some that are just rude full stop lol. I mean are people doing this to deliberately put everyone off or? I know some get thousands of messages a day so need to filter a bit but I see some bios that I believe I would be their type but it’s soo rude and cut throat I just think nahh your alright Lool. "

People can put whatever they want on their profiles but yeah I hear you OP.

It's a great sift tho.

manchester

You’ve added more to it

I’ll write it for you

I’d pay to see that!!

I’ve already got the first paragraph in my head "

You need to share!!!

By *rMojoRisinMan  over a year ago

Sheffield

"Despite mine saying I’m straight, and I’m not interested in men. 99.9% of my messages are from men wanting sex!

What’s the fucking point?

You can block men if you want. I have loads of different categories blocked "

I know, I just delete them.

london

Hahahaga join the club lool

Mine is just full of the random bullshit that popped into my head at point of composure

It is just Bullshit

Paradise, Herts

"Ive done the nicey nicey profiles over the years though. I find it easier just to be straight now. Some may think mine comes across a bit like that but I just know what I want. I’m fed up of so many messages from people who obviously don’t even bother reading it.

I totally get that I can only imagine what it’s like having thousands of messages on here sending dick pics or clearly not what you want. But what about guys that you do want, reading your profile and thinking she’s a bit of an arsehole hahaha you know what I mean?"

Does it read like that?

By *VineMan  over a year ago

The right place

Mine could do with a revamp

Mine is too. Seems to be working

it put me off, but that's because you wanted it to.

By *ornucopiaMan  over a year ago

Bexley

[Removed by poster at 27/06/21 16:43:49]

Up North

You’ve added more to it

I’ll write it for you

I’d pay to see that!!

You need to share!!! "

Don’t you worry about that, I will

Paradise, Herts

"Mine is exactly there to put people off, still doesn't work though

it put me off, but that's because you wanted it to. "

Is mine off putting or do you see it as simply saying what I want? Be honest I’m interested to know.

Paradise, Herts

You’ve added more to it

I’ll write it for you

I’d pay to see that!!

You need to share!!!

Don’t you worry about that, I will "

On here though. I can’t be doing with a thread about me that’s my worst nightmare! I mean it.

it put me off, but that's because you wanted it to. "

Job done

I generally like a longer profile. Gives more of an idea of their personality.....but then Im looking for more than a one off shag.

By *ornucopiaMan  over a year ago

Bexley

Anyone who uses 'Lol' has got a profile death wish as far as I'm concerned.

Especially when it is used in lieu of conventional punctuation and not even to denote amusement.

Also, those who keep inserting 'Haha' for no reason come over as being a bag of nerves.

By *rincess PhoenixWoman  over a year ago

Southampton

I prefer long profiles/bios so I can see if they are the type of person I would want to meet. If they can't be bothered to put the effort in to write something (fed up of seeing 'fill this in later') then would they put the effort in when it comes to sex?

By *iaWallace22Woman  over a year ago

Mine was like that at the start too but has evolved significantly since I joined. It now acts as another good filter. If people can’t be arsed reading the words then I can’t be arsed entertaining them with a reply or when I do reply it’s usually a ‘you’ve not read my profile have you?’

I’ve had replies of ‘there’s too many words’ or ‘it’s too long’.

Aw I’m sorry I’ve tried to make things clear so people don’t waste their time or mine.

Personally I want to feel someone is interested in me and not just the photos I post. If I don’t feel that then it’s a ‘see ya’.

By *ohnywrongunMan  over a year ago

Epping

"It may just be me but does anyone else really like someone’s pictures then read the bio and are instantly turned off? I’m not talking non existent bio or extreme kinks ect.

I’m talking LONG requirement lists, catalogue of dos and don’ts and some that are just rude full stop lol. I mean are people doing this to deliberately put everyone off or? I know some get thousands of messages a day so need to filter a bit but I see some bios that I believe I would be their type but it’s soo rude and cut throat I just think nahh your alright Lool. "

yes,this happens

it put me off, but that's because you wanted it to.

Job done "

yeah, but now ask me if I'm 'actually' put off!

I think for men meeting men, the bio is irrelevant as very few actually read it and you can usually tell from their first message that they haven't.

I would put up a meet listing and a status clearly stating what I was looking for and people would just ignore it and get in touch when they weren't looking for remotely the same thing or didn't meet what I was looking for (age, distance, role).

So I started adding things into my bio such as that I'm not attracted to CDs/HPWs/TVs or that I won't travel more than thirty minutes in the car for a meet.

I found that everything was ignored, no matter how concise or detailed it was. People would still message me with clear pics of themselves dressed in women's clothing, or would still ask me to drive an hour - in one case three hours - each way for a BJ. Bottoms would still message me to ask me to top them when I was looking to be bottom myself.

Whether your bio is empty or full, guys looking for a quick fumble with another guy will ignore your bio, your interests, your status and your meet listing. If they see you're online they'll just chance it and message you blindly hoping for the best.

I know women and couples are more discerning though.

On Fabguys, a lot of the CDs/HPWs/TVs don't select TV/TS as their profile role and slip through the filters.

It would be good to game a range filter too, to stop people messaging you and asking you to do a six hour round trip for a BJ :-/.

By *rincess PhoenixWoman  over a year ago

Southampton

"I think for men meeting men, the bio is irrelevant as very few actually read it and you can usually tell from their first message that they haven't.

I would put up a meet listing and a status clearly stating what I was looking for and people would just ignore it and get in touch when they weren't looking for remotely the same thing or didn't meet what I was looking for (age, distance, role).

So I started adding things into my bio such as that I'm not attracted to CDs/HPWs/TVs or that I won't travel more than thirty minutes in the car for a meet.

I found that everything was ignored, no matter how concise or detailed it was. People would still message me with clear pics of themselves dressed in women's clothing, or would still ask me to drive an hour - in one case three hours - each way for a BJ. Bottoms would still message me to ask me to top them when I was looking to be bottom myself.

Whether your bio is empty or full, guys looking for a quick fumble with another guy will ignore your bio, your interests, your status and your meet listing. If they see you're online they'll just chance it and message you blindly hoping for the best.

I know women and couples are more discerning though.

On Fabguys, a lot of the CDs/HPWs/TVs don't select TV/TS as their profile role and slip through the filters.

It would be good to game a range filter too, to stop people messaging you and asking you to do a six hour round trip for a BJ :-/."

A distance filter would be really good!

Unfortunately, whilst I'm sure you're telling the truth, a lot of straight men on here lie. This site is very popular with bi/gay guys because of the number of 'straight' guys who do actually play with men.

It made me laugh once, a guy messaged me for a meet and in his profile he had 'NO MEN OR ANYTHING GAY' but he was a) messaging me and b) had neglected to hide his verifications, which included one from a single male he'd met.

Most of my meets on here are 'straight' men who ask not to be verified and won't verify in return because they're straight 13 days out of a fortnight and don't want to hinder their chances with women by displaying that they've been anywhere near another man.

That's fine by me, I enjoy the forbidden fruit as much as the next heathen.

If a straight guy catches my eye I might chance it and message him, usually with some level of success, because a lot of curious guys won't advertise their curiosity. However, if he categorically states in his bio 'no men' or anything like that. I won't message him.

The number of men who say 'no men' but still message men is quite funny.

By *hesblokeMan  over a year ago

Derbyshire village

"Mine is just full of the random bullshit that popped into my head at point of composure

It is just Bullshit"

First I've seen that mentions dinosaurs. Bravo.

By *hesblokeMan  over a year ago

Derbyshire village

"Anyone who uses 'Lol' has got a profile death wish as far as I'm concerned.

Especially when it is used in lieu of conventional punctuation and not even to denote amusement.

Also, those who keep inserting 'Haha' for no reason come over as being a bag of nerves."

I feel personally attacked

Just kidding, but I do do that too much

Slightly Feeling personally attacked….. haha

Up North

I think your bio is fine as it is Nora. Why would you want me to change it?

Paradise, Herts

"I think your bio is fine as it is Nora. Why would you want me to change it? "

. I hate you

manchester

"I think your bio is fine as it is Nora. Why would you want me to change it?

. I hate you "

How are your grapes Nora?!?!

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

You’ve added more to it

Yep a couple of hours ago . Meh it’ll be changed tomorrow. I’ll have changed what I’m looking for again by then "

Best read I’ve had for ages….. do you need some sudocream

I've thought that myself. Seem to narrow the options down alot.

But some profiles are really derogatory, homophobic, rasist and a judgemental attitude comes through.

Which is totally wrong in my opinion

By *igmaMan  over a year ago

Yorkshire

"I think your bio is fine as it is Nora. Why would you want me to change it? "

Paradise, Herts

"I think your bio is fine as it is Nora. Why would you want me to change it?

. I hate you

How are your grapes Nora?!?! "

He said 24 hours. I’ve got him down to midnight .

"Mine is just full of the random bullshit that popped into my head at point of composure

It is just Bullshit

First I've seen that mentions dinosaurs. Bravo.

"

Well! What's your favourite?

london

"Ive done the nicey nicey profiles over the years though. I find it easier just to be straight now. Some may think mine comes across a bit like that but I just know what I want. I’m fed up of so many messages from people who obviously don’t even bother reading it.

I totally get that I can only imagine what it’s like having thousands of messages on here sending dick pics or clearly not what you want. But what about guys that you do want, reading your profile and thinking she’s a bit of an arsehole hahaha you know what I mean?

Does it read like that? "

I haven’t actually clicked on your profile lool

Paradise, Herts

Does it read like that?

I haven’t actually clicked on your profile lool"

Pointless now I’ve changed it. Couldn’t be bothered typing it all out again after Mr Mystiques little game lol

By *heVonMatterhornsCouple  over a year ago

Lincoln

"If you need to scroll to read a profile it’s too long and needy in my book. "

Having said that, there's some entertaining ones which are long more just out of necessity for the content. It's the long, drawn out rants and stringent requirements which turn me off

LvM

By *atnip make me purrWoman  over a year ago

Reading

You’ve added more to it

I’ll write it for you

Ill send it across later

Ok "

I am guessing it will say FAF?

Paradise, Herts

You’ve added more to it

I’ll write it for you

Ill send it across later

Ok

I am guessing it will say FAF? "

It was awful. I had it on for a couple of hours. That was enough. I thought the messages were bad before!

I like long profiles as long as they're saying something interesting and giving me insight into the person, not just a list of don'ts or passive-aggressive bollocks.

manchester

You’ve added more to it

I’ll write it for you

Ill send it across later

Ok

It was awful. I had it on for a couple of hours. That was enough. I thought the messages were bad before! "

It was epic!!! Disappointed Nora

Might write a new bible tomorrow.. I feel mines lacking a bit of wrath…

Paradise, Herts

You’ve added more to it

I’ll write it for you

Ill send it across later

Ok

It was awful. I had it on for a couple of hours. That was enough. I thought the messages were bad before!

Might write a new bible tomorrow.. I feel mines lacking a bit of wrath…"

. Mr M will do one for you

manchester

You’ve added more to it

I’ll write it for you

Ill send it across later

Ok

. Mr M will do one for you "

Oh god can you imagine? It’ll be using my crutch in vulgar ways and Dutch ovens

Paradise, Herts

You’ve added more to it

I’ll write it for you

Ill send it across later

Ok

. Mr M will do one for you

Oh god can you imagine? It’ll be using my crutch in vulgar ways and Dutch ovens "

Definitely a bio of death

By *amiekink40Man  over a year ago

torquay

So many profiles with rude statements. As soon as I see them its an instant blick

If you're put off by someone saying you aren't for them then you were meant to be put off.

By *lasphemousGirlWoman  over a year ago

Cambs

Instant turn off when anyone lists demands rather than just expressing themselves less negatively.

I never realised how much bad grammar and spelling put me off until I joined fab

» Add a new message to this topic