FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Legal notices on profiles

Legal notices on profiles

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Somebody explain to me, when the site says in its FAQs not to bother as they're worthless, not legally binding in any way and just waste a few more bytes of server space, why even bother?

All it says to me is this person isn't very bright and doesn't read FAQs.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

They are totally pointless

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

Waste of time

By *uenevereWoman  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Many (most?) don't read the FAQs, as is evident from the types of thread posted on a regular basis.

"They are totally pointless"

I do like the profiles where somebody has some fun with it, and suggests Sydney Unversity is welcome to collectively wank itself crosseyed over my pics, or similar

By *iving Bi a TryMan  over a year ago

Alicante, Spain. (Sometimes in Wales)

Totally pointless and unworkable.

My favourite is that Facebook is a publicly traded entity now. What the actual fucking fuck has that got to do with Fabswingers.com?

Gbat

By *he AmbassadorMan  over a year ago

IRLANDA. / Prague. / Cil Dara

I find it funny as ffk reading that at the end of a well scripted profile,

Like it means Fffk all to anyone including Sydney uni,

By *uenevereWoman  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

I sort of understand why people put them on... but it does suggest a level of naivety and lack of understanding, which may mean they struggle with the way the site works.

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

Same reason as there's so many dick profile pics. Someone saw one on someone else's profile and assumed that person was doing better at swinging so they copied thinking it made them look like they knew their shit. Rinse and repeat.

By *dam_TinaCouple  over a year ago

Hampshire

Why would you need to read the FAQ's to realise how pointless it is ?

By *r and Mrs GravestoneCouple  over a year ago

Tinsel Town

"I find it funny as ffk reading that at the end of a well scripted profile,

Like it means Fffk all to anyone including Sydney uni, "

I hope this is what people get if they read ours, just having a little fun with it

"Many (most?) don't read the FAQs, as is evident from the types of thread posted on a regular basis. "

Yes, very, as is also illustrated by those who post threads about how rude it is not to reply to messages.

"I do like the profiles where somebody has some fun with it, and suggests Sydney Unversity is welcome to collectively wank itself crosseyed over my pics, or similar "

These are great because they demonstrate that the profile owner has a sense of humour.

"Totally pointless and unworkable.

My favourite is that Facebook is a publicly traded entity now. What the actual fucking fuck has that got to do with Fabswingers.com?

Gbat"

Exactly. Just shows that some people don't even read the crap they're putting on their own profiles. Lack of attention to detail.

Does make me laugh though. If they can't be bothered to actually read wht they're putting on their profile, how do they expect to present a case in court

By *lice MaliceWoman  over a year ago

The Facility

"Same reason as there's so many dick profile pics. Someone saw one on someone else's profile and assumed that person was doing better at swinging so they copied thinking it made them look like they knew their shit. Rinse and repeat."

To be fair, not all of them look like they've been rinsed

"I hope this is what people get if they read ours, just having a little fun with it "

Yep, that's funny. Definitely qualify for the GSOH cert

I think people use them as space fillers when they don’t know what to write.

I’ve told so many guys that they need to delete it off their profile or else they can’t be friends with me.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I think a lot of people have concerns about the security of their information on the net, they see the warnings on other people's profiles and because they aren't aware that they're unenforceable, put them on theirs. I don't think it means they're daft or stupid, a little naive maybe.

How many people have actually read the FAQS?

"Same reason as there's so many dick profile pics. Someone saw one on someone else's profile and assumed that person was doing better at swinging so they copied thinking it made them look like they knew their shit. Rinse and repeat.

To be fair, not all of them look like they've been rinsed "

Oh

By *etwifeandhim69Couple  over a year ago

Darlington

It's really quite funny.

People accepted the T&C's of the website when they joined but then they think they can change those terms after they accepted them?

Woildnt hold up in court but I'll happily sit and watch with my popcorn as someone loses their shit when they find out they're not special.

By *iving Bi a TryMan  over a year ago

Alicante, Spain. (Sometimes in Wales)

" If they can't be bothered to actually read what they're putting on their profile, how do they expect to present a case in court.

"

And which court? I try to think how they envisage all this legal action actually panning out.

Would they really want to stand up in a court (presuming it could even get that far!) and discuss the contents of their Swinger's profile?

Laughable.

Gbat

"How many people have actually read the FAQS?"

I read them on any site I visit where some interaction might be expected. Two minutes of my time saves a whole load of wasted time trying make my square peg fit into a round hole.

By *ustathingMan  over a year ago

Reading

Funny thing is, Sydney university isn't even a place... It's actually University of Sydney...

I find the funny also find that the people who have them also have Facebook and stuff installed in to they phone the biggest data leachers in the world

If any place wants your info they wouldn’t crate a profile hear they would go straight to Facebook and just purchase it simple as that

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

Just think how much space they would have for a proper bio if they deleted those.

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

Absolutely vital.

I have a Sydney university disclaimer on mine, and Sydney University have never bothered me or even contacted me so the disclaimer really works...

By *ustustwo.1965Couple  over a year ago

"Somebody explain to me, when the site says in its FAQs not to bother as they're worthless, not legally binding in any way and just waste a few more bytes of server space, why even bother?

All it says to me is this person isn't very bright and doesn't read FAQs. "

You are perfectly right.

The people who use it probably lack intelligence.

" If they can't be bothered to actually read what they're putting on their profile, how do they expect to present a case in court.

And which court? I try to think how they envisage all this legal action actually panning out.

Would they really want to stand up in a court (presuming it could even get that far!) and discuss the contents of their Swinger's profile?

Laughable.

Gbat"

Exactly.

» Add a new message to this topic