FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Fairground

Fairground

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *teffieEBGB OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

north west

Might be showing my age here,does any one remember a figure of eight dodgems in the 60s? The cars went round a track with a bridge forming the figure 8. I remember it was so noisy and felt really dangerous ,the car l was in got stuck up the hill. I think it was in skegness,l'm sure l'm not imagining it .

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ermite12ukMan  over a year ago

Solihull and Brentwood

Can't remember the figure of eight. But I can remember the 'Big Dipper' at Skeggy. Scared the bejesus out of me.

north west

Im sure lm not imagining it ,rides in those days were so scary and dangerous.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I remember one funfair somewhere in the NE where they had dodgem boats, lovely little wooden things with a tiny single-banger diesel engine and plenty of bumper strips so you could chug about crashing into each other.

north west

I remember those ,ln a Spanish resort the dodgems were well dodgy ,80's l think , l was given loads of free tokens to race my dodgem backwards all nite ,couldnt get away with that anywhere now ,kill joys , on the waltzers recently l had to hold on to everything in case anything flew off ,never again

By *itvclaireTV/TS  over a year ago

Birmingham

One old ride I remember Was the Zipper. Think of it as the Ferris Wheels evil sibling. As the cars are centrally pivoted. Whilst moving around the perimeter of large arm. That is also turning from the centre. Not the best description I know.

XX

north west

Dodgems my fav , control where it goes

» Add a new message to this topic