FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Dating a 'single parent'

Dating a 'single parent'

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I just thought I'd share this story. I've never dated a 'single parent' before. So the first time I did it was quite an eye openner. They always talk about thier children, the stories you hear are so sweet, and you do get attached to the children. And then the mum talks about you to thier children. I don't have any kids, but I am uncle to loads. I say its really nice dating single parents. It's educational. But it should come with a warning sign that you will get attached to the little ones.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

hope it goes well for you OP

By *ofdiamondsMan  over a year ago

Between wisbech & Kings lynn

Fingers crossed for you op

All normal if you ask me OP and yes, I would date a single parent

By *agicM53XMan  over a year ago

Croydon

I agree...if it ends, it's double the heartbreak. And you feel so guilty towards the child

I married a single parent. We both were at the time.

18 years on, after we split my ex won’t reply to messages from either of my children. I’ve tried to maintain a relationship with there’s, but my step daughter blanks me and my step son says he feels ‘disloyal’ talking to me.

It hurts. I brought these people up. Catered for their every need and supported my ex and them throughout the time we were together.

By *indergirlWoman  over a year ago

somewhere, someplace

As a single parent it'll be a damn long while before I introduced anyone to them, I did once and he ghosted me a couple of months later, not only having to deal with that myself but to try and explain to my kids was hard, so not something I'll be doing in a hurry again.

It's a situation you need to go into and tread very carefully x

By *ussybagderMan  over a year ago

Salford

Question is how the hell are you straight lol

By *itvclaireTV/TS  over a year ago

Birmingham

"I just thought I'd share this story. I've never dated a 'single parent' before. So the first time I did it was quite an eye openner. They always talk about thier children, the stories you hear are so sweet, and you do get attached to the children. And then the mum talks about you to thier children. I don't have any kids, but I am uncle to loads. I say its really nice dating single parents. It's educational. But it should come with a warning sign that you will get attached to the little ones. "

Yes OP you do. Have an ex I spilt up with years ago. Do wonder every now and then how her daughter is.

XX

By *om and JennieCouple  over a year ago

Chams or Socials

T only met my kids after 10 months because he was taken seriously ill & I had to take them with me on a hospital visit. Luckily it all worked out for us though

J x

» Add a new message to this topic