FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Holidays

Holidays

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Has anyone managed to fly this year without any issues?

Because me and a friend (I'm from Manchester and she is from Devon) flew from Gatwick, like everyone we had to do a pcr test, and plr form. Well the PCR test has to be done 72 hours before flying. Unfortunately some people at the airport were turned away because thier pcr test just fell short of the 72 hours. And you can't do it with the NHS, i.e, it has to be done with a private clinic. Anyway me and my friend were allowed to fly. Prior to flying though we were so nervous that we'd be turned away.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *udeSpaLoverMan  over a year ago

Brighton

I've just got back from Gran Canaria but I specifically chose the Canary Islands because you don't need to do a test to get in there, if you've had at least one vaccination. Had to do an antigen test to come back but that was easy. It is quite stressful but then again, flying always was stressful anyway. This just adds a bit more to it but overall it's well worth it for a lovely holiday somewhere hot and perfectly safe.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Has anyone managed to fly this year without any issues?

Because me and a friend (I'm from Manchester and she is from Devon) flew from Gatwick, like everyone we had to do a pcr test, and plr form. Well the PCR test has to be done 72 hours before flying. Unfortunately some people at the airport were turned away because thier pcr test just fell short of the 72 hours. And you can't do it with the NHS, i.e, it has to be done with a private clinic. Anyway me and my friend were allowed to fly. Prior to flying though we were so nervous that we'd be turned away. "

The PCR tests have to be within 72 hours of departure - problem that more people are travelling is getting an appointment.

Because me and a friend (I'm from Manchester and she is from Devon) flew from Gatwick, like everyone we had to do a pcr test, and plr form. Well the PCR test has to be done 72 hours before flying. Unfortunately some people at the airport were turned away because thier pcr test just fell short of the 72 hours. And you can't do it with the NHS, i.e, it has to be done with a private clinic. Anyway me and my friend were allowed to fly. Prior to flying though we were so nervous that we'd be turned away.

The PCR tests have to be within 72 hours of departure - problem that more people are travelling is getting an appointment."

Yes trying to book a pcr test with Boots was a nightmare. Fortunately I found that you can book it with a priv clinic, and it was cheaper. Just google pcr test in the area you live. The airport is also doing it.

By *udeSpaLoverMan  over a year ago

Brighton

I booked package holiday with TUI and booked tests with their testing partner, chronomics. £50 for 3 tests (the one before returning, day 2 and day 8 after returning). Goes to show what a rip off some of the other companies are, I've seen £200 for one test being advertised!

I think other tour operators have similar deals in place so you could save money if you book through one and take advantage of the cheap test offers.

The PCR tests have to be within 72 hours of departure - problem that more people are travelling is getting an appointment.

Yes trying to book a pcr test with Boots was a nightmare. Fortunately I found that you can book it with a priv clinic, and it was cheaper. Just google pcr test in the area you live. The airport is also doing it. "

Yes I am going to a hotel near Gatwick for the Antigen test - nearest/cheapest I could find.

Yes trying to book a pcr test with Boots was a nightmare. Fortunately I found that you can book it with a priv clinic, and it was cheaper. Just google pcr test in the area you live. The airport is also doing it.

Yes I am going to a hotel near Gatwick for the Antigen test - nearest/cheapest I could find."

That's where my friend got her pcr test. At Gatwick.

Hoping to get out to America and Canada before xmas to work / holiday Hopefully this no lists stuff change over next 8 weeks

Didn’t have troubles . Tho it adds that extra checks and worry. Like when booking the test to come back, had to look for the right clinic to get the Covid test and making sure it was 72 hours prior.

All good tho

Btw officers at LHR really seem to check everything!

Yes I am going to a hotel near Gatwick for the Antigen test - nearest/cheapest I could find.

That's where my friend got her pcr test. At Gatwick. "

Yes I’m not flying so avoiding Gatwick Airport due to parking charges. It’s over an hours journey for me.

» Add a new message to this topic