FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Children and pets on holiday

Children and pets on holiday

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 26/06/21 07:38:25]

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

So I'm on a Greek island, and I arrived here 4 weeks ago. So when I first came here there wasn't a single person in the hotel, except for staff. It actually felt weird and eerie. Anyway for the past two weeks family have started coming and loads of children and babies, OH crikey it's like a school play ground going right till 10 at night, but I love children, well I'm an uncle and I know now I

will probably never have kids, it's too late. Anyway I have a ritual at around 8 in the morning I cycle to the bakeries and groceries. You have to set of as early as possible because by late morning it gets so hot here, it's unbearable to be out in the sun. Then by about 12 to 3 pm I'm now out windsurfing(that's really why we're all here) . And I always take the same path, that was until yesterday when a new family arrived with their pet dog(this

hotel is pet friendly, the owner has the most cuttiest poodle) and

just as I was about to walk past the dog to get to my room the dog got really mad at me and he really showed it. So I had to back away walk around him. That's when I realised, from now on I'll have to

walk the long way round to get to my room. Of course I understand why the dog got mad at me, he was saying 'this is my territory'. it's so annoying, all day yesterday I thought 'how can I be friends with this dog'? Because you can see he's a really good pet, he's just doing what

pets do(okay some pets), making their territory. Bearing in mind I was here first.

Children and pets on holiday.

By *innie The MinxWoman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

Lucky you having a holiday OP!

That dog sounds a bit annoying, but don't let it ruin your holiday.

Can you maybe have a word with the dog's family? If they introduce you it might not be as territorial.

Or if that doesn't work maybe speak to the hotel owner?

Enjoy your hols and have a croissant for me

By *he Mac LassWoman  over a year ago

Hefty Hideaway

They do say never work with children or animals. Maybe that extends to holidays too. Unfortunately some of us are rather taken with our anti social 2 and 4 legged children.

Enjoy it regardless op. Wish I was there!

"Lucky you having a holiday OP!

That dog sounds a bit annoying, but don't let it ruin your holiday.

Can you maybe have a word with the dog's family? If they introduce you it might not be as territorial.

Or if that doesn't work maybe speak to the hotel owner?

Enjoy your hols and have a croissant for me "

The owner was there with the dog. The owner wasn't happy with his dog either. I don't think the owner knows how to teach his dog under these circumstances. I feel sorry for the dog. A dog is only a reflection of his/her owner.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Oh how annoying...I work with Children and cannot bear to be anywhere where they are when not being paid to look after them

As for the dog that is dangerous, you should not have to put up with it no matter the size. I have a big German Shepherd dog who just wouldn't get away with it.

The hotel has a duty to keep the quests safe regardless of being dog friendly

Good luck and enjoy the rest of your holiday

» Add a new message to this topic