FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Extraction for your teeth

Extraction for your teeth

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I've been told by the dentist I have got to have a couple of my teeth from the back taken out but they can't do it so the hospital will do it instead because I've never had any teeth taken out before do they put you to sleep or do they numb you

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ablo minibar123Woman  over a year ago

"I've been told by the dentist I have got to have a couple of my teeth from the back taken out but they can't do it so the hospital will do it instead because I've never had any teeth taken out before do they put you to sleep or do they numb you "

Usually they just numb your gum I think, or at least they did with me.

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

I had 3 wisdom teeth extracted at the dentist at the same time.

They inject loads of numbing stuff and pull them out with pliers.

It took around 10 minutes to get all 3 out.

I was a little shakey after but managed to walk home.

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

Oh ignore me. I misread the OP

If the hospital have to do it it may be because they have to cut them out.

Ring the hospital and find out.

By *melia DominaTV/TS  over a year ago

EDINBURGH (She/Her)

Depends on the state of the teeth.

Normally it is quite routine. You get numbed to hell and it's a pliers and pull job.

If they come out clean. Great all done. If not then, they need to fish out the broken bits of root etc.

That's an interesting experience usual consisting of an what looks like an ice pick and hammer to get into the jaw and find the little broken bits.. little fuckers... it is a weird sensation dentist hammering into ones jaw believe me

If you are really unlucky. They need to pull with leverage. That when the knee goes on the jaw and you have yellow jaundice bruising the following day for a week or so.

Better still. They may decide to slit down the gum for better access and stitch you up afterwards.

Yes. I have had all three. Yes it's an experience....

By *urls and DressesWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere near here

I had 3 out at hospital. I was incredibly nervous when discussing it with my dentist, he put me forward to have it under GA

By *andare63Man  over a year ago

oldham

The likelihood if you are going to the hospital for extractions then it's not straightforward.

I had a wisdom tooth removed years ago at the hospital. This was due to the roots being impacted,,, basically root goes down and under other roots of adjacent teeth.

For this they cut the gum and remove the root.. Personally I did not feel a thing and neither will you.

By *om and JennieCouple  over a year ago

Chams or Socials

I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth out in hospital under a general anaesthetic because 1 tooth had the roots wrapped round a nerve that could cause paralysis to half my face if not removed very carefully.

J xx

By *innie The MinxWoman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

If your teeth are giving you problems you'll be much happier once they've been sorted out.

Hope it all goes well OP.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

I had my wisdom tooth out in hospital it was relatively easy and completely pain free I just had the injections. I was in and out in under half an hour.

Don’t forget to look after the clots.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Depends what it Is and how difficult the operation is. If they referred you to the hospital in might not be as straight forward … so they might put you under general anaesthetic.

I was meant to go for one extraction and they were gonna put me under.

I had to have it done under sedation for a wisdom tooth but just numbed for another and for root canal. I think it's all dependent on the situation when you get there

By *asmeenTV/TS  over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

Numb you

"Numb you "

You wish!

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

Southern Wales

I have to go to a hospital for a tooth extraction but it’s because half the tooth has buggered off and there isn’t much to grip hold of to remove it, so they need to (I assume) cut the gum and remove it that way?

I think if you need to go to a Hospital to have a tooth out then it’s either because you have anxiety issues and they can sedate you stronger, or the treatment is tricky.

I wouldn’t worry - they know what they are doing and the sooner it is sorted the better it is for you.

STOKE ON TRENT

"Numb you

You wish! "

I wish what?

"I've been told by the dentist I have got to have a couple of my teeth from the back taken out but they can't do it so the hospital will do it instead because I've never had any teeth taken out before do they put you to sleep or do they numb you "

Local anaesthetic, purely because the hospital have more facilities should things get a little bit complicated, but nothing to worry about

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Thank you to all of you for your feedback my dentist just said to me that he's going to refer me to the hospital that way it won't cost me a penny more like he couldn't be bothered

STOKE ON TRENT

"Thank you to all of you for your feedback my dentist just said to me that he's going to refer me to the hospital that way it won't cost me a penny more like he couldn't be bothered "

No it's for your own good

By *hesblokeMan  over a year ago

Derbyshire village

"Thank you to all of you for your feedback my dentist just said to me that he's going to refer me to the hospital that way it won't cost me a penny more like he couldn't be bothered "

If that's what they recommend there must be a good reason. Good luck.

» Add a new message to this topic