FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > John Lennon's murderer

John Lennon's murderer

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Had his 6th parole hearing today, he will hear on Friday if he is to be released.

I adore Lennon, the man and his music. I hope Mark Chapman rots in prison.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Had his 6th parole hearing today, he will hear on Friday if he is to be released.

I adore Lennon, the man and his music. I hope Mark Chapman rots in prison."

how long has he been in jail now?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Is Adoration enough to keep someone inside?.

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

"Had his 6th parole hearing today, he will hear on Friday if he is to be released.

I adore Lennon, the man and his music. I hope Mark Chapman rots in prison.how long has he been in jail now? "

Was he not killed in 1982..or 3 So about 30 years...

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

I struggle with one person getting out and another staying in depending who the victim is...

dirtybigbadsgirlville

I adore Lennon, the man and his music. I hope Mark Chapman rots in prison.how long has he been in jail now?

Was he not killed in 1982..or 3 So about 30 years... "

what do people get in general for murder?

I adore Lennon, the man and his music. I hope Mark Chapman rots in prison.how long has he been in jail now? "

32 years

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

I adore Lennon, the man and his music. I hope Mark Chapman rots in prison.how long has he been in jail now?

Was he not killed in 1982..or 3 So about 30 years... what do people get in general for murder?"

In the US? Anything up to 700 years. They don't mess about over there.

"I struggle with one person getting out and another staying in depending who the victim is..."
That was my thinking, if the guy is believed to have done his time then surely he should be tried like anyone else regardless of how much adoration people may have for the one offended against.

By *am sampsonMan  over a year ago

cwmbran

"I struggle with one person getting out and another staying in depending who the victim is..."

Apparently he's been a model prisoner and he's only beeing denied parole because of his choice of victim

Was he not killed in 1982..or 3 So about 30 years... what do people get in general for murder?"

About 15 yrs depending on the crime. I suppose The Krays spent 30 odd years in prison. You don't see today gangsters spend that long these days..

So do I. I think life should mean life, regardless of the victims status

i dont get it,, Lennon's murderer is on like 30years now, and Ben Mitchell will only get 10 years for killing Heather Trott

Ok im well aware soapland isnt real, but is it only based on the fact that Lennon was a massive star when he was murdered that his killer has received so many years so far?

dirtybigbadsgirlville

then after 30 years shouldnt he be released? Im with View on this.....i adore/ed John Lennon, but people need to remain objective

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"i dont get it,, Lennon's murderer is on like 30years now, and Ben Mitchell will only get 10 years for killing Heather Trott

Ok im well aware soapland isnt real, but is it only based on the fact that Lennon was a massive star when he was murdered that his killer has received so many years so far?"

now im agog you compare fictious murders to a real one

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"then after 30 years shouldnt he be released? Im with View on this.....i adore/ed John Lennon, but people need to remain objective "

I strongly suspect thats the problem. Unless he is released with a new identity I wouldn't give much for his chances.

regardless if it is a celeb.. or a normal person there needs to be some realism in the sentence given.

he killed him dec 1980

"he killed him dec 1980"

Ok I was not born then so I won't remember that...

"i dont get it,, Lennon's murderer is on like 30years now, and Ben Mitchell will only get 10 years for killing Heather Trott

Ok im well aware soapland isnt real, but is it only based on the fact that Lennon was a massive star when he was murdered that his killer has received so many years so far?now im agog you compare fictious murders to a real one "

truthfully i've not a scoobies how long a murderer gets in prison for murder and only picked the fictious character because Eastenders was on earlier.. im just relying on the script writers doing their research.

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"he killed him dec 1980"
so 32 years in jail???

By *londeCazWoman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

I think for a pre-meditated murder, and some other crimes life should mean life, regardless of the victim

"he killed him dec 1980

Ok I was not born then so I won't remember that... "

I remember it very well. I still have the newspapers from the day

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Ok im well aware soapland isnt real, but is it only based on the fact that Lennon was a massive star when he was murdered that his killer has received so many years so far?now im agog you compare fictious murders to a real one

truthfully i've not a scoobies how long a murderer gets in prison for murder and only picked the fictious character because Eastenders was on earlier.. im just relying on the script writers doing their research. "

its a soap...not real life....

Ok im well aware soapland isnt real, but is it only based on the fact that Lennon was a massive star when he was murdered that his killer has received so many years so far?now im agog you compare fictious murders to a real one

truthfully i've not a scoobies how long a murderer gets in prison for murder and only picked the fictious character because Eastenders was on earlier.. im just relying on the script writers doing their research. its a soap...not real life.... "

well done femme,, i pointed that out too.

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"I think for a pre-meditated murder, and some other crimes life should mean life, regardless of the victim"
whilst i may in part agree, the justice system isnt like that though.....i tend to feel he is still in jail because of WHO he killed and not because of the actual crime?

He shot a scouser, let the fucker rot.

dirtybigbadsgirlville

truthfully i've not a scoobies how long a murderer gets in prison for murder and only picked the fictious character because Eastenders was on earlier.. im just relying on the script writers doing their research. its a soap...not real life....

well done femme,, i pointed that out too."

well il hand you the silliest comment in the forum award then...i can read...im still in shock you compared the two...which was what i was getting at...which you knew

"He shot a scouser, let the fucker rot."
is that a joke or for real?

By *londeCazWoman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

"I think for a pre-meditated murder, and some other crimes life should mean life, regardless of the victim

whilst i may in part agree, the justice system isnt like that though.....i tend to feel he is still in jail because of WHO he killed and not because of the actual crime?"

I think if he was in a British jail he'd have been out years ago, the American's do tend to do it a bit different to us, but I stand by my statement....I once worked as a Civvy Instructor in a prison and had a lifer working for me, don't know any details of his crime, other than he was in for murder but his life tariff was about 10 years if I remember right, he'll be out now and as he seemed a decent bloke who regretted his actions I hope he's kept on the straight and narrow.....for high profile murderers such as Chapman, the Soham guy, Yorkshire Ripper, Ian Brady, etc. I think the cost of freedom for them could be too high as well as it coming out of my tax to keep them hidden with new identities so the vigilantes didn't get at them and in turn end up with a life sentence

dirtybigbadsgirlville

[Removed by poster at 20/08/12 22:28:46]

he murdered john lennon in cold blood .weather john lennon was famous or not all cold bloodied murderers should spend the rest of there days in prison or executed

dirtybigbadsgirlville

this was one murder though, not several, and i agree the americian justice system is different and can vary state to state

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"he murdered john lennon in cold blood .weather john lennon was famous or not all cold bloodied murderers should spend the rest of there days in prison or executed"
how will all that be funded then? He murdered a man who happened to be famous...i am not agreeing or disagreeing here but just wanna see how you think it should all work then?

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

truthfully i've not a scoobies how long a murderer gets in prison for murder and only picked the fictious character because Eastenders was on earlier.. im just relying on the script writers doing their research. its a soap...not real life....

well done femme,, i pointed that out too.well il hand you the silliest comment in the forum award then...i can read...im still in shock you compared the two...which was what i was getting at...which you knew "

Soaps normally do research when they write their story lines, and I think that is what Sassy is saying.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"he murdered john lennon in cold blood .weather john lennon was famous or not all cold bloodied murderers should spend the rest of there days in prison or executed"

the death penalty is still in force in a lot of America, certainly does'nt stop people being murdered sadly..

and the system is not perfect so if you as a person are happy to pull the switch with the knowledge that there is a chance that the inmate may be innocent..

innocent people have been inside for decades for various reasons, once the state has taken a life there isno parole..

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"

innocent people have been inside for decades for various reasons, once the state has taken a life there isno parole.."

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"this was one murder though, not several, and i agree the americian justice system is different and can vary state to state"

The high minimum tariffs and the death sentence in some states in the USA still do not stop people from murdering.

Sadly, the reality is that the fame of the victim does affect the treatment and sentencing of the perpetrator and they are treated differently. I'm with View that treatment should be fair for all.

So do I the cowardly bastard

He was sentenced to 20yrs in 1982, so in 30 now, has something to do with victims family not wanting him out, so its down to yoko ono.

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"He was sentenced to 20yrs in 1982, so in 30 now, has something to do with victims family not wanting him out, so its down to yoko ono. "
is she president?

I also think 'same' crimes are treated differently depending on the victim.

I think we do that here too though, we like to make 'examples' of some people.

It shouldn't make a difference really, one life or another.

"He was sentenced to 20yrs in 1982, so in 30 now, has something to do with victims family not wanting him out, so its down to yoko ono. "
u will find it was 1980

It beggars belief, he's more than done his time.

"I also think 'same' crimes are treated differently depending on the victim.

I think we do that here too though, we like to make 'examples' of some people.

It shouldn't make a difference really, one life or another."

I'd go with that a life is a life famous or not.

"He was sentenced to 20yrs in 1982, so in 30 now, has something to do with victims family not wanting him out, so its down to yoko ono. u will find it was 1980"

August 24th 1981 according to wiki was when he was convicted... to 20 years for second degree murder...

he murdered john lennon in cold blood .weather john lennon was famous or not all cold bloodied murderers should spend the rest of there days in prison or executedhow will all that be funded then? He murdered a man who happened to be famous...i am not agreeing or disagreeing here but just wanna see how you think it should all work then?[

hes guilty of murder theres no ifs or buts he did it he stood there waiting for the cops after he shot lennon.he should not be alive to ask the parole board to free him he should have gone to the chair a long time ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"he murdered john lennon in cold blood .weather john lennon was famous or not all cold bloodied murderers should spend the rest of there days in prison or executedhow will all that be funded then? He murdered a man who happened to be famous...i am not agreeing or disagreeing here but just wanna see how you think it should all work then?[

hes guilty of murder theres no ifs or buts he did it he stood there waiting for the cops after he shot lennon.he should not be alive to ask the parole board to free him he should have gone to the chair a long time ago"

because he is a murderer or because he murdered Lennon?

well if u believe life means life for murder fair enough, if u believe life means life because john lennon is (still)famous then thats sad

mark chapmans wife is a nurse in hawaii

just thought i'd throw that random comment in

]he murdered john lennon in cold blood .weather john lennon was famous or not all cold bloodied murderers should spend the rest of there days in prison or executedhow will all that be funded then? He murdered a man who happened to be famous...i am not agreeing or disagreeing here but just wanna see how you think it should all work then?[

hes guilty of murder theres no ifs or buts he did it he stood there waiting for the cops after he shot lennon.he should not be alive to ask the parole board to free him he should have gone to the chair a long time agobecause he is a murderer or because he murdered Lennon?

becauce hes a cold bloodied murderer.

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"]he murdered john lennon in cold blood .weather john lennon was famous or not all cold bloodied murderers should spend the rest of there days in prison or executedhow will all that be funded then? He murdered a man who happened to be famous...i am not agreeing or disagreeing here but just wanna see how you think it should all work then?[

hes guilty of murder theres no ifs or buts he did it he stood there waiting for the cops after he shot lennon.he should not be alive to ask the parole board to free him he should have gone to the chair a long time agobecause he is a murderer or because he murdered Lennon?

becauce hes a cold bloodied murderer."

so you are saying all murderes should spend the rest of their days in prison then?

in Lancashire

"he murdered john lennon in cold blood .weather john lennon was famous or not all cold bloodied murderers should spend the rest of there days in prison or executedhow will all that be funded then? He murdered a man who happened to be famous...i am not agreeing or disagreeing here but just wanna see how you think it should all work then?[

hes guilty of murder theres no ifs or buts he did it he stood there waiting for the cops after he shot lennon.he should not be alive to ask the parole board to free him he should have gone to the chair a long time ago"

he did and was seen to do so and guilty of murder but you cant have the death penalty for the 'mark chapmans' of this world and also for the stephan kiszko's who was an innocent man also deemed to be guilty of murder..

"]he murdered john lennon in cold blood .weather john lennon was famous or not all cold bloodied murderers should spend the rest of there days in prison or executedhow will all that be funded then? He murdered a man who happened to be famous...i am not agreeing or disagreeing here but just wanna see how you think it should all work then?[

becauce hes a cold bloodied murderer."

I think you will find it had nothing to do with the weather and more to do with Chapman having psychological problems.

]he murdered john lennon in cold blood .weather john lennon was famous or not all cold bloodied murderers should spend the rest of there days in prison or executedhow will all that be funded then? He murdered a man who happened to be famous...i am not agreeing or disagreeing here but just wanna see how you think it should all work then?[

hes guilty of murder theres no ifs or buts he did it he stood there waiting for the cops after he shot lennon.he should not be alive to ask the parole board

to free him he should have gone to the chair a long

time agobecause he is a murderer or because he murdered Lennon?

becauce hes a cold bloodied murderer.so you are saying all murderes should spend the rest of their days in prison then?

if that was the only option yes but capitol punishment would save millions and prevent the murderer killing someone else when released and that has happened a few times as i'm sure your aware.i know your going to say but what if the persons innocent blah blah but modern science has come a long way since 1963 and the chances of convicting the wrong person is very small.

hes guilty of murder theres no ifs or buts he did it he stood there waiting for the cops after he shot lennon.he should not be alive to ask the parole board

to free him he should have gone to the chair a long

time agobecause he is a murderer or because he murdered Lennon?

becauce hes a cold bloodied murderer.so you are saying all murderes should spend the rest of their days in prison then?

if that was the only option yes but capitol punishment would save millions and prevent the murderer killing someone else when released and that has happened a few times as i'm sure your aware.i know your going to say but what if the persons innocent blah blah but modern science has come a long way since 1963 and the chances of convicting the wrong person is very small. "

Firstly the weather had nothing to do with it. Secondly he was mentally unstable and if we start killing people who are unstable mentally where will it stop. Killing is not the answer, its never been the answer. You study and try and help people with a _iew to preventing others repeating it.

another point I think should reallly be considered..(I dont know the facts at all really as I have no real musical interest)..but I always thought mark chapman was supposed to be mentally ill?- and given many tragedies over the years committed by people who have been let down by the mental health system-was he ever diagnosed or treated?

sorry mines a question, as i dont know anything about mark chapman(I wouldnt have even been able to tell u who he was until this thread)

in Lancashire

"i know your going to say but what if the persons innocent blah blah but modern science has come a long way since 1963 and the chances of convicting the wrong person is very small. "

blah blah?

no one has said that so why use that term?

yes science has come on a long way and guess what, DNA is not 100% accurate..

what if 'that small chance' is your relative either fitted up to match the crime or 'guilty' due to incompetence, a poor investigation..

there was a report about 15 year ago which said if the system was 95% perfect in the UK there would still be a cpl of hundred innocent people in prison...

at the time of that figure the home Office would not commit to it being even higher than 93%, amnesty and other groups had it nearer the high 80's..

had we continued with the death penalty yes we would have killed guilty people but also innocent's..

you cant release a dead body to its freedom when the appeal is succesfull..

"]if that was the only option yes but capitol punishment would save millions and prevent the murderer killing someone else when released and that has happened a few times as i'm sure your aware.i know your going to say but what if the persons innocent blah blah but modern science has come a long way since 1963 and the chances of convicting the wrong person is very small. "

Sadly not true at all. America has seen the death penalty through on many that have later been proved to be innocent. The science may have moved on but mistakes are still made. I have also seen enough miscarriage of justice cases here to know that those mistakes have a pretty devastating affect on people and their families even after they are finally released. How much worse that affect when the innocent person has been killed.

I remember my sister and I holding each other and weeping when we heard the news about John Lennon and we are reminded every year of it. But John Lennon's fame and Chapman's infamy are not good enough reasons to treat him unfairly.

On another point, I understand it is fairly standard practice for American parole boards to ask the family of murder victims to state whether they feel the murderer should be released.

did i say the weather was a factor ???????.it was early in the morning cold and dark for the record

"did i say the weather was a factor ???????.it was early in the morning cold and dark for the record"

YES

if that was the only option yes but capitol punishment would save millions and prevent the murderer killing someone else when released and that has happened a few times as i'm sure your aware.i know your going to say but what if the persons innocent blah blah but modern science has come a long way since 1963 and the chances of convicting the wrong person is very small.

Sadly not true at all. America has seen the death penalty through on many that have later been proved to be innocent. The science may have moved on but mistakes are still made. I have also seen enough miscarriage of justice cases here to know that those mistakes have a pretty devastating affect on people and their families even after they are finally released. How much worse that affect when the innocent person has been killed.

I remember my sister and I holding each other and weeping when we heard the news about John Lennon and we are reminded every year of it. But John Lennon's fame and Chapman's infamy are not good enough reasons to treat him unfairly.

On another point, I understand it is fairly standard practice for American parole boards to ask the family of murder victims to state whether they feel the murderer should be released.

i believe it is and yoko ono has allways apposed his release

]did i say the weather was a factor ???????.it was early in the morning cold and dark for the record

YES

no i didn't

dirtybigbadsgirlville

[Removed by poster at 20/08/12 23:32:50]

"did i say the weather was a factor ???????.it was early in the morning cold and dark for the record

YES "

"if that was the only option yes but capitol punishment would save millions and prevent the murderer killing someone else when released and that has happened a few times as i'm sure your aware.i know your going to say but what if the persons innocent blah blah but modern science has come a long way since 1963 and the chances of convicting the wrong person is very small.

i believe it is and yoko ono has allways apposed his release "

What if they murdered an innocent person due to the death sentence.. I think that would cost a few bob in compensation and a family grieving due to the fact that their loved one had got wrongly sentenced and carried out to death.

[Removed by poster at 20/08/12 23:33:52]

"]did i say the weather was a factor ???????.it was early in the morning cold and dark for the record

YES

no i didn't "

Yes you did do you not read what you type?

"]if that was the only option yes but capitol punishment would save millions and prevent the murderer killing someone else when released and that has happened a few times as i'm sure your aware.i know your going to say but what if the persons innocent blah blah but modern science has come a long way since 1963 and the chances of convicting the wrong person is very small.

On another point, I understand it is fairly standard practice for American parole boards to ask the family of murder victims to state whether they feel the murderer should be released."

Yoko and John's son Sean have said they do not want him released as they would fear for their own safety.

Forum Mod

For the whether/weather discussion thats going on?

I think they meant whether

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"For the whether/weather discussion thats going on?

I think they meant whether "

or cold blooded

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"]if that was the only option yes but capitol punishment would save millions and prevent the murderer killing someone else when released and that has happened a few times as i'm sure your aware.i know your going to say but what if the persons innocent blah blah but modern science has come a long way since 1963 and the chances of convicting the wrong person is very small.

On another point, I understand it is fairly standard practice for American parole boards to ask the family of murder victims to state whether they feel the murderer should be released. Yoko and John's son Sean have said they do not want him released as they would fear for their own safety. "

well they wouldnt say " yeah release him " would they?

cwmbran

"]did i say the weather was a factor ???????.it was early in the morning cold and dark for the record

YES

no i didn't "

Think he's pulling your plonka because you spelt Wheter wrong

Forum Mod

YES

no i didn't

Think he's pulling your plonka because you spelt Wheter wrong "

hahaha spelt what wrong?

]did i say the weather was a factor ???????.it was early in the morning cold and dark for the record

YES

no i didn't

yeh your right or it that write

"For the whether/weather discussion thats going on?

I think they meant whether "

Not taking his gun to have it cleaned and slipped on the wet flags then?

YES

no i didn't

Think he's pulling your plonka because you spelt Wheter wrong "

It's still too hot for the ironying but sarcasm...?

cwmbran

YES

no i didn't

yeh your right or it that write "

lol I even spelt it wrong

imagine all the swingers...

sorry dont really know the words exactly

When does Elvis's murdererer get out? That must be more than 30 years ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"When does Elvis's murdererer get out? That must be more than 30 years ago"
ronald macdonald?

"When does Elvis's murdererer get out? That must be more than 30 years agoronald macdonald? "

Shanks was the innocent bystander

"When does Elvis's murdererer get out? That must be more than 30 years agoronald macdonald? "

Wasn't it Ryan?

Forum Mod

haha

By *ixson-BallsMan  over a year ago

Blackpool

when you are sentenced to life (which is 99 years) in the UK you are given a minimum number of years which you must at least serve....

this doesn't mean that once you've served that number you are automatically released...you have to prove to the parole board (through exhaustive tests by professional doctors, psychiatrists etc ) that you are mentally fit and proper person who is rehabilitated...

if this procedure is similar to the USA then perhaps they feel he is still an unstable character and so not ready to be released

Their are people on death row.for.shooting someone in cold blood.

They commited the same crime but will serve less time and ultimately be put to.death.

Who's life was worth more? The victims of ordinary lifestyles or Lennons?

Its a highly publicised case and many people are making money from it.

If Chapman is released (doubt it will happen) he will only cash in on it as the film and media will go crazy for his story.

He is being made an example of by the powers that be and if they did release him the public and fans would be ourraged.

Maybe I have a blinkered _iew but surely if you are found guilty and sentenced to life it should mean just that or bring back the death penalty,might stop it happening so often

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

I've just been reading about Chapman on wiki... as it was so long ago I couldn't remember much.

I am not so sure he should have been sent to prison.

By *leasureDomeMan  over a year ago

all over the place

Lennon had a foot firmly in the egalitarian camp,with that in mind if he was alive today he would no doubt be calling for his release.

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"I've just been reading about Chapman on wiki... as it was so long ago I couldn't remember much.

I am not so sure he should have been sent to prison."

why do you think that Polo?

By *o-jCouple  over a year ago

Outskirts of Notts

Would we be having the same conversation if one of jedwood were shot ?

"I've just been reading about Chapman on wiki... as it was so long ago I couldn't remember much.

I am not so sure he should have been sent to prison.why do you think that Polo?"

it was my sorta thinking he had a long standing fixation with JL...in a delusional manner.So I always thought it was a case of non-treated mental illness.

"Would we be having the same conversation if one of jedwood were shot ?"

fuck that!, 60years? lol

he should be released in my humble opinion. the reason he has NOT is that he has never expressed enough remorse to the parole board- perhaps the conspiracy theories are correct - Lennon got too political and he was silenced. Scapegoat?

"he should be released in my humble opinion. the reason he has NOT is that he has never expressed enough remorse to the parole board- perhaps the conspiracy theories are correct - Lennon got too political and he was silenced. Scapegoat?"

i was gonna post that last nite lol....wouldnt surprise me in the least if it were true to be honest!

[Removed by poster at 21/08/12 20:48:40]

should certain murderers in this country who have been in prison for 30 or more be released just because of how long they've been there?

I dunno,ask their victims families

"he should be released in my humble opinion. the reason he has NOT is that he has never expressed enough remorse to the parole board- perhaps the conspiracy theories are correct - Lennon got too political and he was silenced. Scapegoat?

i was gonna post that last nite lol....wouldnt surprise me in the least if it were true to be honest!"

The CIA had huge amounts of files and information on Lennon and considereed him a revolutionary and was creating political instability by being a poster boy for so many causes. They desperately wanted him out of the States and failed. Did they kill him? Did they kill JFK? Did the kill Monroe? Who knows, but they all make great conspitacy theories eh!

Chapman was delusional. He was obsessed Lennon from an early age. He read and became obsessed with Catcher in the Rye and related the main character to Lennon. He was angry about Lennons apparent deception, believed him a hypocrite and decided to kill him.

Whether he had mental problems or not, it was a pre-meditated murder done in cold blood.

Chapman had a list. Lennon wasn't the only one on it. Bowie was on it too and was in New York at the time

By *eedsPeopleCouple  over a year ago

Leeds

What's important to remember here is that Lennon is loved by millions of people all over the world, and a certain percentage of those fans are obsessed. If Chapman was ever released then you can bet that there would be people willing to take the guy out. Therefore prison is probably the safest place for him, regardless of whether he has done his time or not.

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

I am not so sure he should have been sent to prison.why do you think that Polo?"

I think the correct term for it is.... he's a feckin' loon.

if as said previously he was given 20 years to serve then he should be out its as simple as that, unless he has reoffended inside.

maybe he doesnt want to be released?

and as for the death penalty, how can you make murder illegal then murder people that do it???

"he should be released in my humble opinion. the reason he has NOT is that he has never expressed enough remorse to the parole board- perhaps the conspiracy theories are correct - Lennon got too political and he was silenced. Scapegoat?

i was gonna post that last nite lol....wouldnt surprise me in the least if it were true to be honest!

The CIA had huge amounts of files and information on Lennon and considereed him a revolutionary and was creating political instability by being a poster boy for so many causes. They desperately wanted him out of the States and failed. Did they kill him? Did they kill JFK? Did the kill Monroe? Who knows, but they all make great conspitacy theories eh!

Chapman was delusional. He was obsessed Lennon from an early age. He read and became obsessed with Catcher in the Rye and related the main character to Lennon. He was angry about Lennons apparent deception, believed him a hypocrite and decided to kill him.

Whether he had mental problems or not, it was a pre-meditated murder done in cold blood.

"

sorry the last statement's where I have the problem with, some people have a delusional belief system that can persist for many years, I'll try giving an example where I think some kind of intervention/treatment could have either stopped or gave chapmen a possibly 'better' sentence..

Misery's Kathy Bates!

now if she had killed who she idolized, I'm 100% sure she would have been banged up,psychologically assessed and probably have been found out having some underlying treatable problems.

I tend to think of killers of the famous as being most likely to have these mental health issues, as opposed to the hundreds of other crimes(which john lennons death pale in comparison to)-such as the recent events we have seen in this country last week.

I suppose that is one of my problems with famous people dying or being murdered, I personally could not care less if it was the queen,pope,princess diana,obama...and many more.Those who's lives have barely started, and those as the center of mass tragedies(earth quakes,tsunamis-of the last few decades especially)dying in their thousands,tens of thousands,and hundreds of thousands..sorta outweigh my belief in holding one persons fame above others in national/international mourning.

Thats just my personal stand.

a little off the topic here but i saw a convicted murderer in my local town yesterday,raped and murdered some poor woman,life means 17 yrs here,a third off mandatory 4 ''good'' behaviour,so he served 12 yrs.shocking.and hes lookin an awful lot fitter and healthier than wen he went in.

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"What's important to remember here is that Lennon is loved by millions of people all over the world, and a certain percentage of those fans are obsessed. If Chapman was ever released then you can bet that there would be people willing to take the guy out. Therefore prison is probably the safest place for him, regardless of whether he has done his time or not."
But its not for his fans to decided...

"What's important to remember here is that Lennon is loved by millions of people all over the world, and a certain percentage of those fans are obsessed. If Chapman was ever released then you can bet that there would be people willing to take the guy out. Therefore prison is probably the safest place for him, regardless of whether he has done his time or not.But its not for his fans to decided... "

I advocate 10 years for the murderer of chapman if he ever gets out.

how many obsessive fans out there would carry this out??????????????-bet u'd find a good few thousand...doesnt that tell u something about warped psyches????

i dont think chapman will get out.

if he does it will have conditions attached to it like house arrest for his own protection.

if he does sniper rifle sales will triple.

sad,as lennon was against violence.

still we have the music which is one good thing.

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"What's important to remember here is that Lennon is loved by millions of people all over the world, and a certain percentage of those fans are obsessed. If Chapman was ever released then you can bet that there would be people willing to take the guy out. Therefore prison is probably the safest place for him, regardless of whether he has done his time or not.But its not for his fans to decided...

how many obsessive fans out there would carry this out??????????????-bet u'd find a good few thousand...doesnt that tell u something about warped psyches????"

Easy on the question marks paddy lol.....i just think its wrong that he has spent 30 odd years in jail, beacuse of who he killed...not the crime that he actually commited and got found guilty of....now his mental health HAS been brought into question...too many people who have got a mental health diagnosis are left to rot in jail...its then not about the crime they have commited its about their mental health...each case should be judged individually of course and its not cut n dried....there is no 2one size fita all solution"

"What's important to remember here is that Lennon is loved by millions of people all over the world, and a certain percentage of those fans are obsessed. If Chapman was ever released then you can bet that there would be people willing to take the guy out. Therefore prison is probably the safest place for him, regardless of whether he has done his time or not.But its not for his fans to decided...

how many obsessive fans out there would carry this out??????????????-bet u'd find a good few thousand...doesnt that tell u something about warped psyches????Easy on the question marks paddy lol.....i just think its wrong that he has spent 30 odd years in jail, beacuse of who he killed...not the crime that he actually commited and got found guilty of....now his mental health HAS been brought into question...too many people who have got a mental health diagnosis are left to rot in jail...its then not about the crime they have commited its about their mental health...each case should be judged individually of course and its not cut n dried....there is no 2one size fita all solution""

thats true,if it had been a normal Joe killed at the 7/11 he would have been out by now.

well done femme,, i pointed that out too.well il hand you the silliest comment in the forum award then...i can read...im still in shock you compared the two...which was what i was getting at...which you knew

Soaps normally do research when they write their story lines, and I think that is what Sassy is saying.

"

Well the researchers didn't do their job well for the only episode of East Enders I ever saw in which a typical East End pub was portrayed as being welcoming to a gay man and an Indian. Most of the patrons of pubs in that dire part of London in those days were nasty, biggoted National Front supporters who hated gays and Indians.

how many obsessive fans out there would carry this out??????????????-bet u'd find a good few thousand...doesnt that tell u something about warped psyches????Easy on the question marks paddy lol.....i just think its wrong that he has spent 30 odd years in jail, beacuse of who he killed...not the crime that he actually commited and got found guilty of....now his mental health HAS been brought into question...too many people who have got a mental health diagnosis are left to rot in jail...its then not about the crime they have commited its about their mental health...each case should be judged individually of course and its not cut n dried....there is no 2one size fita all solution""

I'll question mark all I like OK!!!!!!

how big are those tits anyway???????????????????????????

Parole denied. He cannot apply for another 2 years for release

» Add a new message to this topic