FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > copy and paste messages.

copy and paste messages.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

How do you respond to way are obviously copy and paste messages?

We just had one saying as per your profile I also like fun.we never said anything about fun.

Also had a message last week and th guy was good looking and nik said save it.we told him we will b in touch in th future.yesterday we had the same original message.obviously generic to everyone so we blocked him

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I just delete and block as per usual.

Well when i get such messages i reply... I like a more personal touch when being contacted... you obviously can't be arsed. Or oops you made a boo boo

I had one that included 'hope you're having a nice evening', it was ten in the morning.

"I had one that included 'hope you're having a nice evening', it was ten in the morning. "

I've had that too, also i really like the sound of you both

I just ask how many people they have copy and pasted the message to.

Some reply but most never do

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

I've got to say I haven't had many cut and paste jobs lately. The ones which made me chuckle the most were the ones which made reference to a couple being sent the message.... "... to meet you both", "you both seem...." ... bless 'em.

By *om1962Man  over a year ago

Brighton

"I had one that included 'hope you're having a nice evening', it was ten in the morning. "

Maybe, he (or she) had been to a really good party, and didn't know what time it was?

Is it wrong of me to try and find the best in people, and always giving them the benefit of doubt?

"How do you respond to way are obviously copy and paste messages?

We just had one saying as per your profile I also like fun.we never said anything about fun.

Also had a message last week and th guy was good looking and nik said save it.we told him we will b in touch in th future.yesterday we had the same original message.obviously generic to everyone so we blocked him "

A banal Impersonal message gets deleted anyway and as cut and paste messages will in the main be Impersonal then they will get the same treatment.

If you don't block people or groups you can block then you are going to get some cut and paste messages so the best option is no not let them bother you and just delete.

Also had a message last week and th guy was good looking and nik said save it.we told him we will b in touch in th future.yesterday we had the same original message.obviously generic to everyone so we blocked him

A banal Impersonal message gets deleted anyway and as cut and paste messages will in the main be Impersonal then they will get the same treatment.

If you don't block people or groups you can block then you are going to get some cut and paste messages so the best option is no not let them bother you and just delete."

I dictate my messages and my PA sends them

By *andKCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

we usually point out the error of their ways and block. The best ones are ones that have obviously been composed to send to single women. If I (A) respond I usually say something like are they the pone taking it up the bum! We then block lol

Also had a message last week and th guy was good looking and nik said save it.we told him we will b in touch in th future.yesterday we had the same original message.obviously generic to everyone so we blocked him "

Did you get mine?

It was the one that said "wow - I love blondes and guys with perms! You two seem perfect! And since we both have an aversion to getting naked outdoors, why don't I pop down to London and shag you senseless over that Porsche of yours! Can we be friends?"

Did you get mine?

It was the one that said "wow - I love blondes and guys with perms! You two seem perfect! And since we both have an aversion to getting naked outdoors, why don't I pop down to London and shag you senseless over that Porsche of yours! Can we be friends?" "

Pmsl

By *onboy777Man  over a year ago

Newark

Some people find it hard to break the ice and never know what to say and probably worried about being blocked or ignored !!

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Did you get mine?

It was the one that said "wow - I love blondes and guys with perms! You two seem perfect! And since we both have an aversion to getting naked outdoors, why don't I pop down to London and shag you senseless over that Porsche of yours! Can we be friends?" "

hahaha yeah that one really stood out

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

This weeks winner has to the guy that sent me the exact same introductory message a few weeks ago. We had spoken and we had been texting. We had arranged to meet the following afternoon. I asked if he was free to meet the next day as I was free and guess what? Yes he was for the same time slot. He was surprised when I told him that we wouldn't be meeting.

"This weeks winner has to the guy that sent me the exact same introductory message a few weeks ago. We had spoken and we had been texting. We had arranged to meet the following afternoon. I asked if he was free to meet the next day as I was free and guess what? Yes he was for the same time slot. He was surprised when I told him that we wouldn't be meeting. "

What a muppet!

"This weeks winner has to the guy that sent me the exact same introductory message a few weeks ago. We had spoken and we had been texting. We had arranged to meet the following afternoon. I asked if he was free to meet the next day as I was free and guess what? Yes he was for the same time slot. He was surprised when I told him that we wouldn't be meeting. "

This has happened to me twice But without arranging meets.. When i pointed it out to one he replied.. oh i thought you'd forgotten me!! Pmsl

I just got one addressed to Dear Helen, which is not my name.

By *onboy777Man  over a year ago

Newark

"I just got one addressed to Dear Helen, which is not my name."

Ooooops ..... Bet he got the block treatment

"I just got one addressed to Dear Helen, which is not my name."

He was just thinking melon

By *radleyandRavenCouple  over a year ago

Herts

We love the ones that say "I love your sexy pics".

Erm... Nice try, love, but we don't have any public pics!

- VincentandAmy. x

I guess its like trawling for a positive response.

Its lazy, and as shows, it kinda backfires often.

It would be shang-gri-la, if we were to click on here and within 5mins, we strike up a lovely rappor, get ourselves a fun meet etc.

But that never happens, so people try diffrent, sometimes daft things.

We've been called the wrong names but the worst was someone who poses as a soldier about to go to Afganistan. He says wants to meet before he's deployed the day after, but he sent it to us a couple of weeks on the run.....dispicable and told him so!

"I guess its like trawling for a positive response.

Its lazy, and as shows, it kinda backfires often.

It would be shang-gri-la, if we were to click on here and within 5mins, we strike up a lovely rappor, get ourselves a fun meet etc.

But that never happens, so people try diffrent, sometimes daft things."

Even when they have established a rapport and arranged to meet? Cut and pasting to the same people isn't daft it's spam.

"We've been called the wrong names but the worst was someone who poses as a soldier about to go to Afganistan. He says wants to meet before he's deployed the day after, but he sent it to us a couple of weeks on the run.....dispicable and told him so!"

I get those quite often.

I never copy and paste

I never copy and paste.

I never copy and paste

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

Copy & pasting usually involves my main pet hate - getting called the wrong name. I have just had a c&p message which was obvious as he was discussing what sort of thing he gets up to with couples.

I suppose it's easier than having to think of something personal to send to someone but it makes the recipient feel shitty, and it doesn't impress me.

By *araidWoman  over a year ago

the west (ish)

I have to admit to a bit of sympathy here. Some guys say they send out heaps of messages and rarely get a reply, so in a way, I cant really blame them for using cut 'n paste techniques sometimes. I suppose the message is to try and avoid the obvious things like calling people the wrong name or sending the same message to singles and couples etc.

I agree that its not a very good tactic, but I do understand why it is deployed sometimes.

x

By *xodussxMan  over a year ago

sheffield

All my messages are taylored. But still some people just delete them without even reading. It is like someone saying hello and you don't reply back.

"I have to admit to a bit of sympathy here. Some guys say they send out heaps of messages and rarely get a reply, so in a way, I cant really blame them for using cut 'n paste techniques sometimes. I suppose the message is to try and avoid the obvious things like calling people the wrong name or sending the same message to singles and couples etc.

I agree that its not a very good tactic, but I do understand why it is deployed sometimes.

x "

I don't have a problem with the main body of the message being generic as an introduction. But taking the time to top and tail it is essential. As is not sending the same message with slightly different 'personalised' tops and tails 2 minutes later. My record is receiving the same message with a slightly different opening line three times from the same person in the space of 10 minutes.

sheffield

[Removed by poster at 18/08/12 16:35:15]

I did it once, purely due to circs, a very familiar situation to a lot of people i think.

Party arranged, had the numbers coming etc, but as it got closer to night of party, X amount dropped out, just needed one or two more to re-balance it all.

The chore of sitting typing an invite and time running out etc, created a standard invite, even then got it wrong and some people luuuuuv telling you so.

We had one today from a chap that introduced himself with one name, I.e Jim, he then went on to sign off with a completely different name I.e Bob

Neither name matched his username either

We replied by addressing him as Jim / Bob saying that we weren't sure how to address him

Surprisingly he didn't come back to us

"The names above have been changed to protect the guilty"

Billy Bob Thornton maybe??

"We had one today from a chap that introduced himself with one name, I.e Jim, he then went on to sign off with a completely different name I.e Bob

Neither name matched his username either

We replied by addressing him as Jim / Bob saying that we weren't sure how to address him

Surprisingly he didn't come back to us

"The names above have been changed to protect the guilty" "

Wasn't Jim Bob one of the Walton's?

sheffield

"I have to admit to a bit of sympathy here. Some guys say they send out heaps of messages and rarely get a reply, so in a way, I cant really blame them for using cut 'n paste techniques sometimes. I suppose the message is to try and avoid the obvious things like calling people the wrong name or sending the same message to singles and couples etc.

x "

You right. But that should not be a reason to send the same message over and over.

The problem is those people playing the diva on this site should sometime ask them selves if they would get pulled if it wasn't here.

I remember that lady , while ago before I left the site,who made me exchange messages with her without showing any picture for 3 months. When she finally decide to meet and send her picture,I asked myself if "that" was what I wasted my time for.

I met her, shared a coffee and I told her she was not what I want

"Wasn't Jim Bob one of the Walton's?"

Yes he was lol

x

You right. But that should not be a reason to send the same message over and over.

The problem is those people playing the diva on this site should sometime ask them selves if they would get pulled if it wasn't here.

I remember that lady , while ago before I left the site,who made me exchange messages with her without showing any picture for 3 months. When she finally decide to meet and send her picture,I asked myself if "that" was what I wasted my time for.

I met her, shared a coffee and I told her she was not what I want"

Sorry, dont get that, a woman "made" you message her?

And you chatted blindly for 3 months?

But cool, at the end of it you indeed did meet a woman,,, nine times outa ten that would end up as a guy laughing at someone buying the idea he was a woman.

Sorry, gone off subject folks.

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"The problem is those people playing the diva on this site should sometime ask them selves if they would get pulled if it wasn't here."

I'm getting very tired of the latest fashion of 'bashing' women for actively looking for the type of person they want sex with. It's not being a diva to want respect, and c&p'ing messages to all and sundry does not come across as respectful.

NOTHING is forcing you to message and keep messaging women.

Ok, whats the extreme flipside of that?

We all click on here, and sit voyueristiclaly just lookin each other up and never message each other?

Yes i guess there are aimless, busy busy multi messagers, but there are respectable folks who do put a bit of thought into who they, dare message, and i do mean dare, because you get the whole spectrum of responses from, totally ignored to sometimes pleasantly surprised by lovely civil responses, even if it is a type of no thank you.

sheffield

"The problem is those people playing the diva on this site should sometime ask them selves if they would get pulled if it wasn't here.

I'm getting very tired of the latest fashion of 'bashing' women for actively looking for the type of person they want sex with. It's not being a diva to want respect, and c&p'ing messages to all and sundry does not come across as respectful.

NOTHING is forcing you to message and keep messaging women."

It is not bashing on women nore a latest fashion or trend. It is about my own opinion. Then again I never copy and paste any message and will never force anyone to reply to my messages

But some one playing diva yes the site is full of it women, men or couple and there is nothing wrong talking about it

We may call it standard or preferences and we accept it. But those who truly never give you the smallest chance of talking but can contact you like a couple did to me with one line just saying: can we see more than your lips? Then I reply: excuse me???? That couple replied straight away : Time waster....how do you call that???

Respect??? Surely not

Then again this is just my opinion

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"Ok, whats the extreme flipside of that?

We all click on here, and sit voyueristiclaly just lookin each other up and never message each other?

Yes i guess there are aimless, busy busy multi messagers, but there are respectable folks who do put a bit of thought into who they, dare message, and i do mean dare, because you get the whole spectrum of responses from, totally ignored to sometimes pleasantly surprised by lovely civil responses, even if it is a type of no thank you."

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

how do people know if they are cut and paste? is it from receiving the same one a little while later.

mind ya... it must be tough writing original ones after the 20th of the week...

I do think a lot of the people who moan, that if they had to compose em, may cut a paste a little

"how do people know if they are cut and paste? is it from receiving the same one a little while later.

;-)"

Yes. I don't generally block straight away. Perhaps I should. But not blocking combined with sending a message to say no thank you means that when they send the same message again the automatic 'stop' message is not displayed. Some are well crafted and very distinctive and stick in my memory. Some are just a straight copy of the text they have put on their profile, often with the words 'check out my profile' added.

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"how do people know if they are cut and paste? is it from receiving the same one a little while later.

mind ya... it must be tough writing original ones after the 20th of the week...

I do think a lot of the people who moan, that if they had to compose em, may cut a paste a little "

I think its a cut and paste when they refer to something that is clearly not in my profile. You just get a feel for some cut n pastes...

By *acktilMan  over a year ago

Tewkesbury

CMD C, CMD V

or for windows users

ctrl c, ctrl v.

Tewkesbury

CMD C, CMD V

or for windows users

ctrl c, ctrl v.

Tewkesbury

CMD C, CMD V

or for windows users

ctrl c, ctrl v.

Well believe it or not I have never 'cut & pasted' any message to anyone on here.

I would rather take 20 minutes on a focussed message to someone or some couple that I really would like to meet and have it deleted than have anyone think of me the way 'cut & Pasters' have been thought of in this Thread.

I guess if you are minded to send 200 messages a week to see who bites then 'cut & paste' it has to be. Whereas if you send maybe one a fortnight then you should have the time to write a decent message addressing people correctly (and both if its a couple) and relating to their profile and photos. Maybe there is a message in there somewhere ..

» Add a new message to this topic