PETROL & DIESEL SET TO RISE

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just seen the news! Best go fill up now. suggest you all do the same

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *am sampsonMan  over a year ago

cwmbran

"Just seen the news! Best go fill up now. suggest you all do the same"

didn't some government minister say that a few months ago and look what happened

"Just seen the news! Best go fill up now. suggest you all do the same

didn't some government minister say that a few months ago and look what happened "

Just stating what i saw on the news

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

If we all fill up now, the price will just go up more steeply.

Simple supply and demand theory.

well up by 10p a litre by the end of the month is what they are saying

didn't some government minister say that a few months ago and look what happened "

Nothing happened it was the threat of a fuel shortage that caused all the panic.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Noticed it's been going up the past week or so... they know we're traveling to airports, the beaches etc. Plus there's a bank holi coming up. Treat us like mugs, price up anytime they want, and rarely down as much as crude oil price drops should get it lower.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Thanks tho for the headsup... will get family car done.

Pain n the ass

By *abloBackMan  over a year ago

London

Always goes up in the autumn, price is affected by demand for domestic heating oil

By *arnayguyMan  over a year ago

Durham Tees

"Pain n the ass "

You must be using the wrong pump.

By *am sampsonMan  over a year ago

cwmbran

didn't some government minister say that a few months ago and look what happened

Nothing happened it was the threat of a fuel shortage that caused all the panic. "

Well it did happen - petrol staions rain out of fuel because everyone panicked

Personally I am in favour of every rise in the price of petrol.There are far too many cars on the road and consequently far too much pollution,and far too many fatties. Making petrol unaffordable for more people so that they have to walk or cycle will go some way to rectifying both problems.

"Personally I am in favour of every rise in the price of petrol.There are far too many cars on the road and consequently far too much pollution,and far too many fatties. Making petrol unaffordable for more people so that they have to walk or cycle will go some way to rectifying both problems."
And what about us that drive for a living?

By *riskygazMan  over a year ago

birmingham

"well up by 10p a litre by the end of the month is what they are saying"
we are always getting screwed! but unfortunetly not in the way we like lol

By *john121Man  over a year ago

staffs

"Personally I am in favour of every rise in the price of petrol.There are far too many cars on the road and consequently far too much pollution,and far too many fatties. Making petrol unaffordable for more people so that they have to walk or cycle will go some way to rectifying both problems."

Not sure if you're joking but just think people will think twice about how many meets they have!!

[Removed by poster at 18/08/12 00:08:06]

hard to walk 200 miles to the office...

By *ustyAngelWoman  over a year ago

gloucester

How do you suggest a 40 mile commute that i cant really afford the moment?

I live in t community i was brought up in and there are no local job.

Work has to be finacially viable..... its gettigng so it really isnt in ruaral communities

Try running a medium sized haulage buisness where each truck (around 15 of them)takes around £250 a day to fill up.

Best thing the whole country could do would be just refuse to buy any fuel and see the government buckle.

Don't much like the french but at least when they say they are going to protest the whole country makes a stand,we could learn from that.

Rant over

By *bfoxxxMan  over a year ago

Crete or LANCASTER

With you on that.

Fuel is cheaper, diesel anyway, and the roads better. And coffee at the services tastes of coffee.

"Try running a medium sized haulage buisness where each truck (around 15 of them)takes around £250 a day to fill up.

Best thing the whole country could do would be just refuse to buy any fuel and see the government buckle.

Don't much like the french but at least when they say they are going to protest the whole country makes a stand,we could learn from that.

Rant over "

Well said that man

"Personally I am in favour of every rise in the price of petrol.There are far too many cars on the road and consequently far too much pollution,and far too many fatties. Making petrol unaffordable for more people so that they have to walk or cycle will go some way to rectifying both problems.And what about us that drive for a living? "

+1 - I already pay the exchequer about £12,000 a year in fuel duty - which is way more than I pay in income tax. How much more do they want out of us?

The extra the Govt will get in Fuel Duty and VAT will just make Gideon Osborne have an even more smug look on his objectionable little face.....

"Try running a medium sized haulage buisness where each truck (around 15 of them)takes around £250 a day to fill up.

Rant over

Well said that man "

When I worked 'for the Govt', someone who was in a position to know told me that it would only take 11 days of a public embargo on buying petrol and diesel to bring the country to it's knees.

Can't see it happening though.... We all love our 'little tin Gods' far too much..

Rant over

Well said that man

When I worked 'for the Govt', someone who was in a position to know told me that it would only take 11 days of a public embargo on buying petrol and diesel to bring the country to it's knees.

Can't see it happening though.... We all love our 'little tin Gods' far too much..

"

To true! we can live in hope tho

Ive parked my car up and am experimenting with not using it, lucky enough to be able to walk to work and the majority of my journeys can be done by bike or public transport, if all goes well will sell the car but will happily stay a fatty as I like the way I am. The main reason is the rising costs of running a car, I drive a fiat panda and still fork out about 3 grand a year which would be a couple of nice holidays

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

You really don't live in the real world do you?....

This might sound like a stupid question but...If there were more cars on the road oil production would have to be increased so there would be more petrol supplies. wouldn't this make oil and therefore petrol cheaper?

ok,maybe not

Don't fill at Esso, BP or the other major oil company garages. They will cut prices to match Supermarkets (in theory!)

By *eavenNhellCouple  over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

i notice the farmers havent been so quick to blockade the refinrerys this time could this be because its there friends the tories in power ?

And also making food more expensive because the haulage companies have to pay more to fill the trucks that are essential to get the bread and milk to the supermarket for you to walk to and buy them...seriously!

"Just seen the news! Best go fill up now. suggest you all do the same"

The sods need to get a grip. There's those of us that have no other means of getting to work

"i notice the farmers havent been so quick to blockade the refinrerys this time could this be because its there friends the tories in power ?"

A bit harsh I think! But coming from working on a farmer estate our lads are too busy harvesting the wheat for your bread and the barley for your beer at the moment to do anything else and trust me, its hitting us in the pocket too

"Personally I am in favour of every rise in the price of petrol.There are far too many cars on the road and consequently far too much pollution,and far too many fatties. Making petrol unaffordable for more people so that they have to walk or cycle will go some way to rectifying both problems.

This might sound like a stupid question but...If there were more cars on the road oil production would have to be increased so there would be more petrol supplies. wouldn't this make oil and therefore petrol cheaper?

ok,maybe not"

Ok so not topic related but just wanted to say, great tits!

i feel sorry for the people who live on the Outer Hebrides, Orkney and Shetland islands, they pay about 15p per litre above what everyone else does, and their wages are a lot lower than in places like London and Edinburgh

By *adystephanieTV/TS  over a year ago

glos

I dont see how businesss can be affected by the rise in cost of fuel as for me the customer bears the cost of the rise and the gvt gets nothing as its offset against my expenses ....bring it on

We have turned into a nation of sheep if were not willing to stand together and fight against this shit then we just have to take it ....baaaaaah

"Personally I am in favour of every rise in the price of petrol.There are far too many cars on the road and consequently far too much pollution,and far too many fatties. Making petrol unaffordable for more people so that they have to walk or cycle will go some way to rectifying both problems.And what about us that drive for a living?

+1 - I already pay the exchequer about £12,000 a year in fuel duty - which is way more than I pay in income tax. How much more do they want out of us?

The extra the Govt will get in Fuel Duty and VAT will just make Gideon Osborne have an even more smug look on his objectionable little face.....

"

and don't forget VAT. On fuel is also a tax on tax... The petrol/diesel doesn't cost that much. Slap on fuel duty then VAT on top of both and bang empty pockets for motorists

» Add a new message to this topic