FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > do you give money

do you give money

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

To the homeless? I don't mean donate to charities like Shelter I mean those who stop you in the street and ask for 15p towards their bus fare etc?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *smWoman  over a year ago

.somewhere in Cornwall

no I don't. i have been known to buy them a cup of tea though , then I know my moneys not being spent on drugs,

i'm a little bit sceptical i know.

By *weet DevilMan  over a year ago

dukinfield

no !!!! a guy dressed so shabby and he goes from town to town each day after a good day taking hundreds he goes to car park and gets in his brand new bmw !!!! beware i know they are not all like this but it does go on

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

packet of fags and a mars bar i give them, and i once bought someone a sleeping bag as theirs was soaking wet

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

" no I don't. i have been known to buy them a cup of tea though , then I know my moneys not being spent on drugs,

i'm a little bit sceptical i know. "

By *londeCazWoman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

There's no homeless folk where I live....but when I'm visiting somewhere like London and see homeless people I have been known to offer too buy them a brew or a butty

"There's no homeless folk where I live....but when I'm visiting somewhere like London and see homeless people I have been known to offer too buy them a brew or a butty"

Theres none here, i only see them when i go to the city

"no !!!! a guy dressed so shabby and he goes from town to town each day after a good day taking hundreds he goes to car park and gets in his brand new bmw !!!! beware i know they are not all like this but it does go on"

That myth is older than me, it must be a vintage bmw by now

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

"no !!!! a guy dressed so shabby and he goes from town to town each day after a good day taking hundreds he goes to car park and gets in his brand new bmw !!!! beware i know they are not all like this but it does go on

That myth is older than me, it must be a vintage bmw by now"

You beat me to it.....

Torquay

And I give a sandwich....

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"no !!!! a guy dressed so shabby and he goes from town to town each day after a good day taking hundreds he goes to car park and gets in his brand new bmw !!!! beware i know they are not all like this but it does go on"

yes that's right of course he does...

Homeless guy approached us the other day and asked if we could spare some change for a cup of tea !!

hubby said no change mate but if you want i will buy you a cup of tea from the nearest shop.. he just mumbled something and walked away..

By *o-jCouple  over a year ago

Outskirts of Notts

My other half once went round Nottingham handing out bottles of beer ( he'd been given a case at a trade show ) to all the homeless but he didn't take a bottle opener , he says he's sure he could hear teeth snapping behind him ....

Now and then. I don't really factor what they spend it on into it,that's their business

Yeh we do stop and give cash,There's a chance they are not genuine but like everywhere in life there's fakers id like to think we help someone in need when we give them cash x

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

"no !!!! a guy dressed so shabby and he goes from town to town each day after a good day taking hundreds he goes to car park and gets in his brand new bmw !!!! beware i know they are not all like this but it does go on

That myth is older than me, it must be a vintage bmw by now"

That might be a myth, but here, there was an instance where someone said, help the homeless, and a girl in front of me said, 'your not homeless, you have a flat on the same road as me!'

Made me chuckle, so yes there are people that are just plain con artists!

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

Nope give them food and a cup of tea... trust me when I say they know how to get money.. They are very streetwise..

i never see any but i might do.

"packet of fags and a mars bar i give them, and i once bought someone a sleeping bag as theirs was soaking wet"

thats nice of you. mars bar will rot their teeth though, better to give them a sandwich or cake.

By *issBehavingxxWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Never give them cash.... Although one day I did go and buy something to eat for someone who had asked for money as he "hadnt eaten for 4 days"..... Took it over and gave him the food, and got the reply ...."i dont like this, can you get me something else"

Nah. Occasionally I'll buy a Big Issue if the seller puts some effort into actually selling the thing, as opposed to just standing there looking hopeful, or on one occasion begging people to buy his last copy so he wouldn't have to 'work' the following day.

Wouldn't give money to random strangers just asking for it though. Don't know what other cities are like, but there's several 'career beggars' in Brum(usually wandering around Upper Bull St in the evening), that have put me right off

I like the way my ex-hubby would give out buns and cakes to the homeless whenever we were in London, bless him.

I have given them chips that I could not eat myself on the way back from the chippy, rather than to bin them.

i never give money.

and also will never give to those so called homeless people who sell magazines.

and have a dog, and cans of the strongest lager, packets of fags, wearing nike,reebok,adidas,ted baker etc.

bet they roll everything up and put in into there car down the road later.

I have given money, brought drinks, tobacco, food and even a pop up tent given my old books as well. I think when people say ohhhh they will only spend it on alcohol i am a bit like well if they have eaten what else are they going to spend it on i would do the same its not like they can put it in a savings account for umm a new table or something MissD

I have given small change to someone in a shop, when they have not had enough money to pay for the food when they got to the till. Otherwise, same as most peeps so far, gone and bought a sandwich, hot drink and a tin of pet food if they had a dog on the streets.

By *adystephanieTV/TS  over a year ago

glos

Not since I saw the Panorama programme in the 80's when the guy gets into Bently at the end of his day of begging !!

"Not since I saw the Panorama programme in the 80's when the guy gets into Bently at the end of his day of begging !! "

there not all like that though.

wouldnt give money to a foreigner though.

Was up town wen a begger, druggie, or piss arse asking me for a pound. Was with my small boy and I said if u think I'm giving u a pound when I ca n give it my son dream on, pisses me off no money but all got dogs

Torquay

"Was up town wen a begger, druggie, or piss arse asking me for a pound. Was with my small boy and I said if u think I'm giving u a pound when I ca n give it my son dream on, pisses me off no money but all got dogs"

Yeah, if they were really hungry they'd eat their dogs.....

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Yeah I'd give them money, who am I to say what they do with it and we are only talking small change here

i was approached by one bloke,he said have u got the price of a cup a tea mate,i said about 2 quid if u get it from starbucks,

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"Not since I saw the Panorama programme in the 80's when the guy gets into Bently at the end of his day of begging !!

wouldnt give money to a foreigner though."

Do you check their passports first?

i would give them dog food for their dogs because i like dogs.

no matter how much money you give to your kids, they will still think your a tosser when they grow up.

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

yes I do, as I can see no pleasure walking past them with my life in a good place and feeling the need to snub them into resolving some of their issues.

"Not since I saw the Panorama programme in the 80's when the guy gets into Bently at the end of his day of begging !! "

I spent 15 years as a paramedic in London, and picked up many "street livers". Some, very few, were genuinely homeless. Most lived in perfectly good homes in London but found that they earned more money begging than they did if they worked in a low-end job. That they always beg for drug money is wrong too. They buy their drugs on the day they get whichever social security handout they're on. They know it's a regular payment, and so do the dealers. The rest of the week is usually for food./drink etc. As I said, there were a few who were genuine and could get help if they accepted it, but most didn't.

"yes I do, as I can see no pleasure walking past them with my life in a good place and feeling the need to snub them into resolving some of their issues.

"

"Not since I saw the Panorama programme in the 80's when the guy gets into Bently at the end of his day of begging !!

wouldnt give money to a foreigner though."

What is a foreigner??? we live in a multi-cultural society surely the point of helping is to well help regardless. Do you inter_iew them before handing over your coppers

wouldnt give money to a foreigner though.

What is a foreigner??? we live in a multi-cultural society surely the point of helping is to well help regardless. Do you inter_iew them before handing over your coppers "

i am saying nothing.

That myth is older than me, it must be a vintage bmw by now

That might be a myth, but here, there was an instance where someone said, help the homeless, and a girl in front of me said, 'your not homeless, you have a flat on the same road as me!'

Made me chuckle, so yes there are people that are just plain con artists!

"

It's true. I know someone that used to do it. He wasn't rich but he did have a flat and made £100's. A real eye opener.

» Add a new message to this topic