FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Rover Parts

Rover Parts

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *he_original_polo OP   Woman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

The lad down the street has asked his mum for a car for his birthday.

You can pick a Rover up for near enough pocket changed..... but does anyone know how long they need to manufacture the spare parts after they stop building a car? Any engineering bods?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

"The lad down the street has asked his mum for a car for his birthday.

You can pick a Rover up for near enough pocket changed..... but does anyone know how long they need to manufacture the spare parts after they stop building a car? Any engineering bods?"

You can still get the parts. Some of the body panels are harder to find though

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

You can still buy parts for the old VW Beetles so cannot see any reason why Rover parts should be hard to get hold of.

Was it not a Chinese company who took Rover over ?

all presses for panels, have to be stored for 10 yrs before being scrapped,so perhaps it would be the same with other parts.

My son has an 18 yr old rover metro and has no problems getting the parts

In Your Bush

Rover was slightly different in the way it was wound up though

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Bought my missus an 03 plate ZR a couple of months ago & guess what, head gasket went a week ago. Choose wisely

By *eavenNhellCouple  over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

"Bought my missus an 03 plate ZR a couple of months ago & guess what, head gasket went a week ago. Choose wisely "
and i have run a t plate 200 tdi since september just over 18000 miles its needed 1 fanbelt 1 set of brake pads cost around £50 all in go for one of the non sporty models (non of the zedz) they tend not to have been thrashed by the boy racers

Buy japanese they last forever! Rover at your peril!

There will always be someone making 'replica' parts - you can get non-branded parts for pretty much any manufacturer. GSF and Europarts I'm sure will always have the parts in some form, just non-genuine x

caterpillar did take on the parts division when rover went out the game don't know were they sell them via.

rimmerbros do rover parts . secondhand a scrapyard is just as good

My dad has a rover 75 he hit the side going in the driveway for a new wing was going to cost £200 needless to say the dents getting hit out.

The under bonnet pump went £64 pounds ebay non-genuine .You take your chance how long they last

i just bought a 20 year old motorbike very cheap as it needs a lot of tlc.

ebay had all the parts i needed so i bet you'll find plenty of rover parts on there too.

amazing place ebay.

there is a company that sells all the parts. name escapes me right now but they are great little cars. I have had nearly 30 rover and mgs and can not fault them.

although I'd never have a rover 1.6 engine. I think if you look on any of the rover forums they will list the best places for parts.

the diesel engines are not built by rover. in the 75, 45 and the mg equivalent it's a bmw engine.

Cali

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

" I have had nearly 30 rover and mgs and can not fault them.

Cali "

How long do they last if you have had 30 of them

" I have had nearly 30 rover and mgs and can not fault them.

Cali

How long do they last if you have had 30 of them "

I used to have up to 7 cars at once. and used to get bored easy. lol but kept missing my little rover's so would buy more. my friends car is always on the mg rover stand at car shows so still keep myself up to date. I actually never had a problem with any of mine and knew where my cars went after I sold them. but most were club cars so perhaps better looked after.

I've also had 12 Japanese cars and a few Italian so I do like to swap and change. lol

Cali

May be worth checking online I think rover got bought out by a chinesse company call phoenix an they now make most parts but if it a common rover 25 or 45 type then I'd go scrap yards they have loads of them round here and parts find online gets second hand parts cheap sent to you hope this helps

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Must have driven past your car lot a few times then having just moved from Little Eaton

Head gaskets are a recurring theme with "Rover type" vehicles though sadly as they are otherwise a lovely drive, especially with this Silver ZR. Just had new discs & pads done as well, total bill.......

Car + engine + brakes ..........

£850 bargain, drives like a dream

Just gotta watch out for the speed bumps though, suspension is quite unforgiving to the uninitiated

head gaskets should be okay now as many people had the uprated Dowels fitted into engines when heads did go. combined with better linings made them much better.

In my metros it was the water pumps that you had to watch for. having a small cooling system it didn't take much. however most of mine had the 1.8 engine fitted and due to modifications had many upgraded parts.

I would happily have another. only I'm currently stuck needing a 7 seater so can't.

Cali

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Some kinda bukkake session that must be with a 7 seater lol

"Some kinda bukkake session that must be with a 7 seater lol "

lol not in my car..

Cali

By *eavenNhellCouple  over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

"Buy japanese they last forever! Rover at your peril!"
Honda used to own rover and built there cars on the same production line just diferent badges and trim mechanicals all the same but let's perpetuate the myth eh

By *U1966Man  over a year ago

Devon

my old rover 414 running on lpg just coming up to 300000 miles got 45 diesel now great ride reliable i find the parts easy to get rover parts system system is run by caterpiller only real problem at the moment is rover 75 doors

In Your Bush

"Buy japanese they last forever! Rover at your peril!Honda used to own rover and built there cars on the same production line just diferent badges and trim mechanicals all the same but let's perpetuate the myth eh "

They didn't own them just had a stake in them. The Rover 600 was engineered by Honda

By *elsh_lass74Woman  over a year ago

South Wales

I currently have a S-plate rover, only just got rid of my M-plate honda civic. They are exactly the same inside!!!

My honda went for years and went all over the UK, needed loads doing to it in the end so was cheaper to get rid!!

Rover not doing too bad for now!!

Hubby has a 1999 v plate rover 400 diesel. It's done 220,000 miles it does 58 miles per gallon. It's had a few gremlins over the years but parts are easy enough to get hold of.

Motor factors, eBay etc no problem with getting spares.

Only down side is car tax is the high end at £215 for a 2l

By *he_original_polo OP   Woman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

I doubt she'll be worried about parts not being genuine, as long as they are easy enough to buy when things wear out... which it seems they are.

My very first car was around 20 years old and sometimes it was like an episode of scrapheap challenge to find parts for it.

Cheer folks.

If he gets one tell him to avoid the 400's as they have bad bodywork issues and had rust problems on many. Use a magnet to check for excessive filler too. The positive is like my fathers neighbour many belong to retired men and they have kept them in a garage.

» Add a new message to this topic