FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Lies and broken promises

Lies and broken promises

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

There was a time when you assumed people told the truth and would keep their promises.

When and how did all that change?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"There was a time when you assumed people told the truth and would keep their promises.

When and how did all that change?"

as some people like to play games and treat people like shit maybe

"There was a time when you assumed people told the truth and would keep their promises.

I stopped doing that when i was about 12

everyone lies.

including the pope

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

4 points here : 1. Some people really do tell the truth and they are great to have as friends. The second point : Sometimes "THE" truth is a matter of perception, of interpretation.... and a situation may not be black and white. 3. Most people will tell white lies at some point in their lives, often in order to protect somebody else's feelings - to me that is not a lie as such. 4. A lie is only a lie in my world when a person deliberately and knowingly gives a false account of events for his or her own gain.

We still live in that space and time,Just the way we are tho ,Let the fakers fake thats what we sya xox

A promise is a comfort to a fool.

4 points here : 1. Some people really do tell the truth and they are great to have as friends. The second point : Sometimes "THE" truth is a matter of perception, of interpretation.... and a situation may not be black and white. 3. Most people will tell white lies at some point in their lives, often in order to protect somebody else's feelings - to me that is not a lie as such. 4. A lie is only a lie in my world when a person deliberately and knowingly gives a false account of events for his or her own gain."

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

I don't think it has changed... we just focus too much on the few that do lie, rather than the masses who don't

Can't lie, as I am no good at remembering the lies I have told.

By *adystephanieTV/TS  over a year ago

glos

Not sure when that time was but dont remember it sadly

By *r mrs pCouple  over a year ago

taunton

when we started swinging

By *aucy3Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

i with _phrodite,there are many types of lies.

i cannot remember a time,when i could not spot a liar,or a bullshitter.

it's not always a good thing.

By *riendlyfunfemWoman  over a year ago

A world of my own

4 points here : 1. Some people really do tell the truth and they are great to have as friends. The second point : Sometimes "THE" truth is a matter of perception, of interpretation.... and a situation may not be black and white. 3. Most people will tell white lies at some point in their lives, often in order to protect somebody else's feelings - to me that is not a lie as such. 4. A lie is only a lie in my world when a person deliberately and knowingly gives a false account of events for his or her own gain."

as some people like to play games and treat people like shit maybe"

Yep, can relate to that!!

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Am planning to keep my promises tomorrow

By *heekychezzaWoman  over a year ago

warrington

I start off from the point that I expect people to tell the truth and keep their promises.....but will quickly question things if my gut instincts give me a kick. If I promise something I will stick to it unless something entirely beyond my control happens.

I find it quite difficult to lie (my face always gives me away I'd be crap at poker, lol). The exception being to my mother in which case I learned to lie about my social plans as a young teenager, an art which has proved extremely useful since I started swinging. As a teenager I always was truthful about whom I was with....just omitted to say where we would be going...so it was more often witholding information rather than deliberate lies....and the same holds true today......as in "I'm going to stay with friends at a log cabin in the lake district"...just omitting to say that it's gonna be a shag fest

"I don't think it has changed... we just focus too much on the few that do lie, rather than the masses who don't"

I hate liars with a passion no point truth allways comes out in the end. I was brought up to be honest and maybe soometimes too honest for my own good!!

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"I hate liars with a passion no point truth allways comes out in the end. I was brought up to be honest and maybe soometimes too honest for my own good!! "
I hate liars, too - and as per previous definition - it is those who do it deliberately and for their own personal gains. No mitigating circumstances there I am afraid.

» Add a new message to this topic