FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Olympic legacy

Olympic legacy

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

What do you reckon? What are your ideas?

Mine:

1) At least double the amount of games / exercise time for school kids.

2) Re-introduce the concept that taking part is OK but winning is important - ie competition is good!

3) Double or treble the taxes paid by fast food oulets by a combination of local taxes (rates) and increased VAT.

4) Tax take to fund public athletics tracks and community gyms.

5) Make the winners in life role models for all of us.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Hopefully it will leave a generation with a desire to exercise and take up sports. The payback would be immense on future NHS demands.

"Hopefully it will leave a generation with a desire to exercise and take up sports. The payback would be immense on future NHS demands. "

Indeed.

"What do you reckon? What are your ideas?

Mine:

1) At least double the amount of games / exercise time for school kids.

2) Re-introduce the concept that taking part is OK but winning is important - ie competition is good!

3) Double or treble the taxes paid by fast food oulets by a combination of local taxes (rates) and increased VAT.

4) Tax take to fund public athletics tracks and community gyms.

5) Make the winners in life role models for all of us. "

Why tax fast-food.....Your not forced to buy it or eat it!

Its only harmful if you eat to much of it, which is a choice for the individual.......why should people who eat responsibly be penalised….!.

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

People wanting a flat belly like Jessica - the turnout at this week's LBT exercises doubled!!! No joke!

"

Its only harmful if you eat to much of it, which is a choice for the individual.......why should people who eat responsibly be penalised….!.

"

Tax an unhealthy choice to fund healthier opportunities. Taxing does influence behavioue and way too many people consume fast food as a matter of course. If we want a healthierr, fitter society - this needs to be tackled.

"

Tax an unhealthy choice to fund healthier opportunities. Taxing does influence behavioue and way too many people consume fast food as a matter of course. If we want a healthierr, fitter society - this needs to be tackled. "

But surely stretching their budgets of people who occasionally choose to eat fast food will leave them with less money to buy healthy alternatives the rest of the time….

"

Tax an unhealthy choice to fund healthier opportunities. Taxing does influence behavioue and way too many people consume fast food as a matter of course. If we want a healthierr, fitter society - this needs to be tackled.

But surely stretching their budgets of people who occasionally choose to eat fast food will leave them with less money to buy healthy alternatives the rest of the time….

"

I can see where you are coming from in terms of freedom of choices. A bit like why ban alcohol just because a few cant handle it (not quite the same I know just to illustrate the point). I am not sure whether higher prices would actually stop people from eating certain foods - it did not seem to make much difference when cigarettes went up in price, at least not to begin with.

"

I can see where you are coming from in terms of freedom of choices. A bit like why ban alcohol just because a few cant handle it (not quite the same I know just to illustrate the point). I am not sure whether higher prices would actually stop people from eating certain foods - it did not seem to make much difference when cigarettes went up in price, at least not to begin with."

Totally agree with you Affro,,,,,... yup ,,,, Cost doesn't temper the behaviour of greedy people or addicts

"

I can see where you are coming from in terms of freedom of choices. A bit like why ban alcohol just because a few cant handle it (not quite the same I know just to illustrate the point). I am not sure whether higher prices would actually stop people from eating certain foods - it did not seem to make much difference when cigarettes went up in price, at least not to begin with.

Totally agree with you Affro,,,,,... yup ,,,, Cost doesn't temper the behaviour of greedy people or addicts "

Jeeze... high five AGAIN?????

By *ucky_LadsCouple (MM)  over a year ago

Kidderminster+ surrounding areas.

"

"

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I'd also keep the stadium for athletics and other things, rather than a football club. Annual, national school games there to encourage future athletes and for the arty ones a great opening ceremony each time that they have to participate in.

By *aucy3Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

"Hopefully it will leave a generation with a desire to exercise and take up sports. The payback would be immense on future NHS demands. "

i hear what your saying.

think of all those extra,knee joint,hip replacement,torn tendon,torn muscle,cruciate ligament,

Achilles,cartilage,operations that will have to be paid for.

shower of selfish so and so's,they could bankrupt the nhs.

give them all 20 benson and hedges,and a bottle of smirnoff,and tell them to forget all this so called healthy living malarkey.

the country just can't afford it.

Slightly of topic ,,,, but, I think while we have this wave of national patriotism, the government should reintroduce the “ I’m Backing Britain” campaign and I also think they should start publishing monthly figures showing just how much the national debt has reduced on a visual display akin to the Blue-Peter totalizer, so we can all see the accumulative effect of these austerity measures we all face and how our combined effort will help fund a better future.....

Yeah.... I'd have some of that!!

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"Slightly of topic ,,,, but, I think while we have this wave of national patriotism, the government should reintroduce the “ I’m Backing Britain” campaign and I also think they should start publishing monthly figures showing just how much the national debt has reduced on a visual display akin to the Blue-Peter totalizer, so we can all see the accumulative effect of these austerity measures we all face and how our combined effort will help fund a better future.....

Yeah.... I'd have some of that!! "

The totaliser would be going the wrong way. Austerity is costing us in increased out of work benefits being paid and increased borrowing to manage that amongst other things.

The resurrection of the I'm Backing Britain campaign is a good idea though.

» Add a new message to this topic