FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > What a difference

What a difference

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *iew OP   Man  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

a fortnight makes.......

2 weeks ago, I was so excited about the opening ceremony but a little nervous as to how the actual games would go.

I have enjoyed every day, thank you all involved and I am so looking forward to the last weekend and the closing ceremony.

Everyone involved......... the athletes, the families, the volunteers, the organisers & members of the royal family..... you have made us the focus across the world of what it is to BE PROUD.

thank you x

and all the best to the Paralympics

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I couldn't agree more.

"a fortnight makes.......

2 weeks ago, I was so excited about the opening ceremony but a little nervous as to how the actual games would go.

I have enjoyed every day, thank you all involved and I am so looking forward to the last weekend and the closing ceremony.

Everyone involved......... the athletes, the families, the volunteers, the organisers & members of the royal family..... you have made us the focus across the world of what it is to BE PROUD.

thank you x

and all the best to the Paralympics "

Yep View….. totally with you on this….

and big ups to all the spectators who've helped create such excitement at every event......they've given fantastic support for competitors from every nation……. Utterly brilliant

Forum Mod

Im feeling a bit down about the closing ceremony to be honest

I don't want it to end

By *uckscouple2007Couple  over a year ago

Bucks

well said View

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Im feeling a bit down about the closing ceremony to be honest

I don't want it to end"

i agree

I don't want it to endi agree "

Can I add a +1 to that please...

And a plus (lots) to what View and Soxy said...

Fankoo...

I don't want it to end"

I have mixed feelings about the end of the games……

I’m really looking forward to watching the Paralympics but I’m also looking forward to them being over….

But only because by the time they finish I'll have been a couch potato, glued to the television for best part of a month…….

So I really need to get out and do some exercise……

ffs, I must have put on half a stone being inspired!!!….

Is it safe to listen to the radio or watch TV yet, or shall I stay in the cave for a bit longer?

I agree View.

Never thought id enjoy the Olympics so much, just watching it on TV and listening to the radio has been fantastic.

A big well done to everyone involved...done us proud!!

I don't want it to end

I have mixed feelings about the end of the games……

I’m really looking forward to watching the Paralympics but I’m also looking forward to them being over….

But only because by the time they finish I'll have been a couch potato, glued to the television for best part of a month…….

So I really need to get out and do some exercise……

ffs, I must have put on half a stone being inspired!!!…. "

Happy expanding couch potato here too.

It seems like a lot longer than 2 weeks. This time 2 weeks ago I was still indifferent, it all changed when I put the opening ceremony on. Absolutely brilliant!! I've loved the good feeling and listening to people discussing the different events and how well we are doing. I don't want it to end either.

I'm hoping the paralympics will have the same effect.

well said totally agree I have enjoyed theses Olympics the most and cant wait for the closing ceremony and what they have in store. The opening ceremony was totally amazing, not sure how they gonna top it though.

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

It's not over yet! Tom has only just started diving, Mo to run tomorrow, a marathon to come...

The closing ceremony doesn't have to a huge spectacular in the same way, surely? It's a thanks for coming, hope to see you again. And handing the flag on to Rio's Boris equivalent, of course.

On the plus side, I might get outside a bit more and I might even get some work done.

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

thank you x

Could not agree more

"It's not over yet! Tom has only just started diving, Mo to run tomorrow, a marathon to come...

The closing ceremony doesn't have to a huge spectacular in the same way, surely? It's a thanks for coming, hope to see you again. And handing the flag on to Rio's Boris equivalent, of course.

On the plus side, I might get outside a bit more and I might even get some work done."

It would be good to see Mo Farah win again as he does a lot for unity in Britain.

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

all the best tonight Mo & Tom x

As a Londoner....I've been a total doom monger about the Olympics over the last few years but I've got to admit I was totally wrong. The whole thing has been fantastic. the events,the athletes,the volunteers and the transport system and road network have all been brilliant.

we held a mirror up to ourselves as a city and as a nation,and you know what? We're OK. More than that we're pretty fucking cool. it's been a pleasure to be in London over the last two weeks. I'm so glad I was wrong and well done to everyone involved

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"As a Londoner....I've been a total doom monger about the Olympics over the last few years but I've got to admit I was totally wrong. The whole thing has been fantastic. the events,the athletes,the volunteers and the transport system and road network have all been brilliant.

we held a mirror up to ourselves as a city and as a nation,and you know what? We're OK. More than that we're pretty fucking cool. it's been a pleasure to be in London over the last two weeks. I'm so glad I was wrong and well done to everyone involved "

that is a great post

thank you

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

We have loved every minute, but then I was looking forward to it anyway. Mr Ruggers is a convert now

Great support from the crowds, great locations for the events, great atmosphere, great set of medals, even the weather wasn't bad.

All in all, a great success

"As a Londoner....I've been a total doom monger about the Olympics over the last few years but I've got to admit I was totally wrong. The whole thing has been fantastic. the events,the athletes,the volunteers and the transport system and road network have all been brilliant.

we held a mirror up to ourselves as a city and as a nation,and you know what? We're OK. More than that we're pretty fucking cool. it's been a pleasure to be in London over the last two weeks. I'm so glad I was wrong and well done to everyone involved

that is a great post

thank you"

Forgot to add. Jacques Rogge the IOC chairman yesterday called London 'The beating heart of The World'

How good a compliment is that?

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"We have loved every minute, but then I was looking forward to it anyway. Mr Ruggers is a convert now

Great support from the crowds, great locations for the events, great atmosphere, great set of medals, even the weather wasn't bad.

"

I forgot to mention the supporters in my OP

well done all supporters, including ME

well done ME

we held a mirror up to ourselves as a city and as a nation,and you know what? We're OK. More than that we're pretty fucking cool. it's been a pleasure to be in London over the last two weeks. I'm so glad I was wrong and well done to everyone involved "

I love that!!! I remember you were saying when it first started that you were dreading it due to the traffic chaos and stuff. So for you to say that, I think it's lovely. xx

"We have loved every minute, but then I was looking forward to it anyway. Mr Ruggers is a convert now

well done ME "

I loved the banter on the forum the night of the opening ceremony. It was absolutely brilliant.

thank you x

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

[Removed by poster at 11/08/12 17:44:10]

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

well done ME

I loved the banter on the forum the night of the opening ceremony. It was absolutely brilliant. "

it was one of the best nights I have had in the forums over the last 5 years.... a fantastic night

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

I did my last shift as a volunteer yesterday. I saw the medal ceremony for the women's hockey. The first, and probably the last time I'm ever going to see a medal ceremony in my life time. And even better because GB got a medal.

I am so sad now the end is here. Cried like a baby!

But the people I have met, volunteers, members of the royal family, athletes, and the general public have been amazing. I will be sad to see the end of the Olympics and the Paralympics, but hope as a nation we can keep this mood, and this sense of togetherness going forward.

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"I did my last shift as a volunteer yesterday. I saw the medal ceremony for the women's hockey. The first, and probably the last time I'm ever going to see a medal ceremony in my life time. And even better because GB got a medal.

I am so sad now the end is here. Cried like a baby!

But the people I have met, volunteers, members of the royal family, athletes, and the general public have been amazing. I will be sad to see the end of the Olympics and the Paralympics, but hope as a nation we can keep this mood, and this sense of togetherness going forward. "

well done and thank you for making it a great games x

On a personal and undeniably selfish level I've mixed feelings. Although I had no tickets I'd planned/hoped to go see both the triathlons, at least one of the marathons and the cycling time trial. As it was I ended up in hospital mid way through and have not got to any event and it is unlikely I can get to the men's marathon tomorrow. So I've watched it all on the TV but while on doctors orders to rest so basically it has been my distraction from going totally stir crazy. So to be honest I feel a little dejected, I've arguably over done the coverage to saturation point and missed out on what I wanted to see.

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"On a personal and undeniably selfish level I've mixed feelings. Although I had no tickets I'd planned/hoped to go see both the triathlons, at least one of the marathons and the cycling time trial. As it was I ended up in hospital mid way through and have not got to any event and it is unlikely I can get to the men's marathon tomorrow. So I've watched it all on the TV but while on doctors orders to rest so basically it has been my distraction from going totally stir crazy. So to be honest I feel a little dejected, I've arguably over done the coverage to saturation point and missed out on what I wanted to see.

"

all the best in your journey back to full health

"

all the best in your journey back to full health "

Cheers mate. It amuses me slightly that considering I'me the fittest I've ever been I will remember the Olympics as the time I was in hospital with a suspected heart attack!

Still, what doesn't kill us makes us stronger and the Olympics have at least served to motivate me!

Forum Mod

"

I loved the banter on the forum the night of the opening ceremony. It was absolutely brilliant. "

That night in here was just amazing,I was here alone but I felt far from alone,It was a fantastic atmosphere and I don't think ive ever felt that before on here,the enthusiasm and warmth was most definately overwhelming

I dislike sport and don't want anything usually. I have to say though that even I have enjoyed some of the Olympics.

I like the running (males only) and I've enjoyed the dressage. Those horses were so cute doing their little horsey ballet type steps

» Add a new message to this topic