FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > How bloody much??????

How bloody much??????

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *londeCaz OP   Woman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

Just gone online to start renewing my passport.....gonna cost me £77.50, plus £3 to get my relevant documents returned securely plus whatever them fecking photobooths charge for a picture that makes me look like Myra Hindley's uglier sister and possibly some extra money if I can't find anyone of the right social standing that'll certify my picture (though could offer a BJ to a random councillor or something)....

Also, just beware, last night the first site that came up on google was an online app site that wanted to charge me an extra £19 to fill in the application form, it was only in tiny text at the bottom of a well on Alpha Centauri that I noticed the disclaimer that I could do it free on the directgov website (got caught with extra charges a few years ago when I needed to change planes at JFK and had to have some US visa type thing and promise not to overthrow the government)

Anyhow, that's my whinge of the day and my free bit of advice if you're renewing any time soon

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

I paid over 100 last year for mine (its a foreign one of course) but none theless it took my breath away for a minute or 10. Never mind, at least you are able to go on a lovely holiday xx

That's true, but each page has a memory, and it's got my Machu Picchu stamp in it, that's somewhere I probably won't get to again.....least I'll get it back with the corner cut off I suppose

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Hate to say it, but we have got quite low charges in the UK for passport renewals

Yes £7.75 a year does seem unreasonably extortionate.

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Just cost me about the same as am off to Barcelona in Oct. The missus is buying me a new hat so ya can all stop taking the piss out this one

If u r renewing u dont need to get your photo/documents countersigned - cos u send off your old passport ................ so that saves having to hit on the local councillor lol

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

"If u r renewing u dont need to get your photo/documents countersigned - cos u send off your old passport ................ so that saves having to hit on the local councillor lol "

Isn't that only if your previous passport was a digital passport?

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I got to get mine renewed... going to get it done on pay day...

By *b430Man  over a year ago

Tayside

"If u r renewing u dont need to get your photo/documents countersigned - cos u send off your old passport ................ so that saves having to hit on the local councillor lol

Isn't that only if your previous passport was a digital passport?"

Nope, my old passport wasn't digital and I didn't need the photos countersigned when I got it renewed 2 months ago.

You only need them countersigned if you have significantly changed appearance in the last 10 years.

"If u r renewing u dont need to get your photo/documents countersigned - cos u send off your old passport ................ so that saves having to hit on the local councillor lol

No any passport as long as it is either still in a date or has only run out in the past (and I cant remember the timescale for this sorry) .......

By *odareyouMan  over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

I renewed mine last year, no countersingning on pictures pretty painless process, start to finish less than ten days, sent mine first class post, I know I'm a risk taker..lol,

I thought id heard or read they were reducing the fee by £5 though ..??

tell me about the price me and the kids, who since the last time have become adults, all expired at once, wasnt happy at the price especially as the year before i took one of them away on an expired passport and no one noticed

By *ethany10Couple  over a year ago

falkirk

Just got both mine renewed but luckily my company paid

mine is a nitemare issue right now, Ive never had my own passport as my father was in the army and we were on his, I wasnt born in uk, have resided here for 35yrs-have my education,national insurance,social work history,Ive worked since I was in my early 20's and with the NHS for 10yrs

I might have to naturalize though..aye fuck off!

not at all, as long as your appearance hasnt changed beyond recognition from your previous pics. If they are much the same they dont need countersigning.

its still cheap.... less than a tenner a year...

its individuals choice to have a passport, they are not compulsory.

By *uckscouple2007Couple  over a year ago

Bucks

"when I needed to change planes at JFK and had to have some US visa type thing and promise not to overthrow the government"

Are you flying to/though the US this time?

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Think its about £6 to get it looked at at the post office. Im sure it around £100, but i got it back so fast the letter i recieve letting me no they had reiced ig camd afterwards. Thye must most more orless send it return post

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

"its still cheap.... less than a tenner a year...

its individuals choice to have a passport, they are not compulsory.

"

I agree, very good value.

Isn't that only if your previous passport was a digital passport?

Nope, my old passport wasn't digital and I didn't need the photos countersigned when I got it renewed 2 months ago.

You only need them countersigned if you have significantly changed appearance in the last 10 years."

Oh good, that does save me having to offer my services to any random officials - it's hard work round here finding one you're not related to due to all the in-breeding.....must just make sure my picture is as hideous as the last one, shouldn't be a problem

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"I thought id heard or read they were reducing the fee by £5 though ..?? "

End of the year unfortunately.

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"I thought id heard or read they were reducing the fee by £5 though ..??

End of the year unfortunately."

I thought the reduction was from September? Mine is due for renewal and I've been delaying because someone told me the reduction was next month.

By *acktilMan  over a year ago

Tewkesbury

I have 2 years to save up, but will of gone up again by then.

Never had a passport except back in the days when you could walk into the post office and get a 1yr cardboard one.

About to start looking into getting one though coz thinking of going somewhere, maybe, next year, so I'm dreading what documents, photos, signatures and costs will be involved, and aren't they doing retinal scans now?

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

As long as it's not a rectal scan I think you'll be alright

Come in this country on a lorry and it's free

» Add a new message to this topic