FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Gold Post Boxes

Gold Post Boxes

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ittle_brat_evie!! OP   Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Royal Mail are painting post boxes in the home towns of the gold medal winners ummmm......gold

love these little touches making the games more special!!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago
Forum Mod

I think its lovely too

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

is there going to be a government department to deal with all the "its not fair" complaints lol...i think its great too

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I wonder if the Olympic gold medal winner stamps will be worth more in the future if they have been posted from the gold postbox and has that franking?

By *aceytopWoman  over a year ago

from a town near you

i think its great,that means we get one in our town yeah

By *uckscouple2007Couple  over a year ago

Bucks

a twitter post published on the BBC website just now...

"The island of Sark's only postbox will now be a gold one! That is SO cool!"

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

these touches are lovely. found out the other day that the flowers they give them are made up of flowers to represent an english country garden

Bucks

"these touches are lovely. found out the other day that the flowers they give them are made up of flowers to represent an english country garden"

we had wondered about them; recall medalists in 2004 in Greece were given Olice crowns so were not sure the representation of the flowers

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

I think it is a great idea.

By *am sampsonMan  over a year ago

cwmbran

"these touches are lovely. found out the other day that the flowers they give them are made up of flowers to represent an english country garden"

The bouquet represents the vibrancy of the Games and the four sections hold a different variety of the rose, an iconic British flower. Each section is also divided with traditional herbs – mint, rosemary, English lavender and wheat. These ingredients are designed to provide an unusually eclectic fragrant mix. All of the flowers and herbs are 100 per cent British grown.

with all the good things that are happening in the games i;e we winning lots of medals , and most of the country are enjoying it , i wonder if the olympic assholes who made all the people take down there tributes , like the florist, and other shop keepers , feel a little foolish now??

Bucks

"with all the good things that are happening in the games i;e we winning lots of medals , and most of the country are enjoying it , i wonder if the olympic assholes who made all the people take down there tributes , like the florist, and other shop keepers , feel a little foolish now?? "

you'll find its the global sponsors and the IOC who insist on that

"with all the good things that are happening in the games i;e we winning lots of medals , and most of the country are enjoying it , i wonder if the olympic assholes who made all the people take down there tributes , like the florist, and other shop keepers , feel a little foolish now??

you'll find its the global sponsors and the IOC who insist on that"

yea i know but what harm was it doing displaying the five rings in a window? lol aw well onwards and upwards!! , heres hoping for more gold!!

[Removed by poster at 07/08/12 16:55:17]

"these touches are lovely. found out the other day that the flowers they give them are made up of flowers to represent an english country garden

The bouquet represents the vibrancy of the Games and the four sections hold a different variety of the rose, an iconic British flower. Each section is also divided with traditional herbs – mint, rosemary, English lavender and wheat. These ingredients are designed to provide an unusually eclectic fragrant mix. All of the flowers and herbs are 100 per cent British grown. "

Amazing what some people know of the top of their heads Most people usually say where they are copying and pasting it from

"Royal Mail are painting post boxes in the home towns of the gold medal winners ummmm......gold

love these little touches making the games more special!!"

Hoping Kerry will make that happen for Heywood

cwmbran

"these touches are lovely. found out the other day that the flowers they give them are made up of flowers to represent an english country garden

The bouquet represents the vibrancy of the Games and the four sections hold a different variety of the rose, an iconic British flower. Each section is also divided with traditional herbs – mint, rosemary, English lavender and wheat. These ingredients are designed to provide an unusually eclectic fragrant mix. All of the flowers and herbs are 100 per cent British grown. Amazing what some people know of the top of their heads Most people usually say where they are copying and pasting it from"

You mean like you quoted where you found out the other day - mine was quoted from the official london2012 website

Im just wondering how long they will stay gold for..

When they come to be repainted, will they go back to red?

The bouquet represents the vibrancy of the Games and the four sections hold a different variety of the rose, an iconic British flower. Each section is also divided with traditional herbs – mint, rosemary, English lavender and wheat. These ingredients are designed to provide an unusually eclectic fragrant mix. All of the flowers and herbs are 100 per cent British grown. Amazing what some people know of the top of their heads Most people usually say where they are copying and pasting it from

You mean like you quoted where you found out the other day - mine was quoted from the official london2012 website "

well if i had copied something word for word i would of done, im not arguing with you. Its nice to know where people get there information from when its so precise. I heard mine on the television

evesham

"Im just wondering how long they will stay gold for..

When they come to be repainted, will they go back to red?"

They will stay gold for 6 month then go back to their standard red colour

I think it is a lovely idea and especially so, that they are putting Andy Murry's one in Dumblane. When i heard that it brought tears to my eyes......

"Im just wondering how long they will stay gold for..

When they come to be repainted, will they go back to red?

They will stay gold for 6 month then go back to their standard red colour "

That's a shame

cwmbran

The bouquet represents the vibrancy of the Games and the four sections hold a different variety of the rose, an iconic British flower. Each section is also divided with traditional herbs – mint, rosemary, English lavender and wheat. These ingredients are designed to provide an unusually eclectic fragrant mix. All of the flowers and herbs are 100 per cent British grown. Amazing what some people know of the top of their heads Most people usually say where they are copying and pasting it from

You mean like you quoted where you found out the other day - mine was quoted from the official london2012 website

well if i had copied something word for word i would of done, im not arguing with you. Its nice to know where people get there information from when its so precise. I heard mine on the television"

Sorry diamond but I see people cutting and pasting info on here all the time and i have yet to see anyone quote the source

well if i had copied something word for word i would of done, im not arguing with you. Its nice to know where people get there information from when its so precise. I heard mine on the television

Sorry diamond but I see people cutting and pasting info on here all the time and i have yet to see anyone quote the source"

Apology accepted

cwmbran

Sorry diamond but I see people cutting and pasting info on here all the time and i have yet to see anyone quote the source

Apology accepted"

I was being polite - but correcting you as you seem to have an issue with what I said

"Royal Mail are painting post boxes in the home towns of the gold medal winners ummmm......gold

I think it's brilliant, the whole thing has been brilliant all round for morale.

I was just reading earlier that tickets for the paralympics are selling out, and also they are planning a victory parade of Team GB in London in September.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

I want to see if the royal mail are going to do a special gift set with all the olympic gold medalists stamps in it...

would be a nice touch....

Apology accepted

I was being polite - but correcting you as you seem to have an issue with what I said "

Stop bickering will you

"I want to see if the royal mail are going to do a special gift set with all the olympic gold medalists stamps in it...

would be a nice touch...."

would be better if the done a full set , gold ,silver bronze ,then a full gb team set, to celebrate our best team in over a 100 years

They have run out of gold paint in Yorkshire now and are shipping in loads from Lancashire as they haven't used much.

"I want to see if the royal mail are going to do a special gift set with all the olympic gold medalists stamps in it...

would be a nice touch...."

Yes they are doing stamps...

instead of wasting money doing this lower the bloody price of stamps.

Sad to say it couldn't last... someone has vandalised the Jessica Ennis gold post box

And the Mail service painted the wrong one for Laura Trott.

By *ashful BazMan  over a year ago

poole dorset

They have run out of gold paint in Yorkshire now and are shipping in loads from Lancashire as they haven't used much. "

They could tap up the aussies for gold paint before it goes out of date!

"instead of wasting money doing this lower the bloody price of stamps.

"

I dont think the amount of money spent on painting the post boxes is wasted it boosts morale. All these little touches could be good for our economy in the long run, people feeling more cheerful, maybe more inclined to go out and spend.

Everyone i know are talking about the gold post boxes and it is lovely that people didnt know it was going to happen. Its only a bit of gold paint not gold leaf they are painting them with

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

A postbox that was painted gold in Jessica Ennis's home city to celebrate her Olympic triumph has been vandalised.

Graffiti was daubed on the box in Barkers Pool in Sheffield city centre, which has already become a tourist attraction, within 24 hours of it being painted.

"A postbox that was painted gold in Jessica Ennis's home city to celebrate her Olympic triumph has been vandalised.

Graffiti was daubed on the box in Barkers Pool in Sheffield city centre, which has already become a tourist attraction, within 24 hours of it being painted.

"

If they catch the culprits trust they'll be sent to Australia

its a shame we got so many arseholes in this country , who cant accept others success , we got trolls on twitter, and now vandalising the post boxes , but instead of jailing them, goldenball them , give there privates 2 coats of gold paint seee if the deface them!!!

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"

what crap

"its a shame we got so many arseholes in this country , who cant accept others success , we got trolls on twitter, and now vandalising the post boxes , but instead of jailing them, goldenball them , give there privates 2 coats of gold paint seee if the deface them!!! "

They'll just post the picture of them on the FB thingy.

The graffiti on Ennis' golden post box said nothing more inoffensive than "go jess", and while I'm not condoning it I am struggling to see quite what all the fuss is.

"its a shame we got so many arseholes in this country , who cant accept others success , we got trolls on twitter, and now vandalising the post boxes , but instead of jailing them, goldenball them , give there privates 2 coats of gold paint seee if the deface them!!!

They'll just post the picture of them on the FB thingy."

probly see it as a badge of honour , so beat them to it , hang them by the knackers from the top of the post box , lol

"

The Royal Mail employ maintenance teams who are painting them as part of their normal duties. I suspect the cost is minimal.

"The graffiti on Ennis' golden post box said nothing more inoffensive than "go jess", and while I'm not condoning it I am struggling to see quite what all the fuss is."

i know it may not seem bad , but who asked or gave them the right to do it? if some one wrote 2wheels is great on something dedicated to you would you be happy? ,graffiti is wrong no matter what those who do it say

"The graffiti on Ennis' golden post box said nothing more inoffensive than "go jess", and while I'm not condoning it I am struggling to see quite what all the fuss is.

i know it may not seem bad , but who asked or gave them the right to do it? if some one wrote 2wheels is great on something dedicated to you would you be happy? ,graffiti is wrong no matter what those who do it say "

I assume you missed the part of my post where I said "I'm not condoning it" - it was a supportive message, it was wrong, it's been painted over by the Royal mail seemingly so quickly no one even got a picture of it. And that's the number 1 news story on the BBC site. But hey instead of celebrating a fantastic couple of weeks it means middle England can bemoan broken Britain.

evesham

"

how many letters do you send then?

"The graffiti on Ennis' golden post box said nothing more inoffensive than "go jess", and while I'm not condoning it I am struggling to see quite what all the fuss is.

i know it may not seem bad , but who asked or gave them the right to do it? if some one wrote 2wheels is great on something dedicated to you would you be happy? ,graffiti is wrong no matter what those who do it say

I assume you missed the part of my post where I said "I'm not condoning it" - it was a supportive message, it was wrong, it's been painted over by the Royal mail seemingly so quickly no one even got a picture of it. And that's the number 1 news story on the BBC site. But hey instead of celebrating a fantastic couple of weeks it means middle England can bemoan broken Britain."

honestly im loving the games, which i normally wouldnt bother with but for some reason im hooked , but i just cant stand people who tag buildings cause they think it,s fun, .

anyway , forget bout them and lets get back to team gb , heres hoping for some more medals!!

We are running out of red postboxes in Yorkshire can we borrow some from some other counties

By *northernsoulMan  over a year ago

Manchester

Must have passed the box in Huddersfield several times this week already - oblivious to it!

Bucks

"We are running out of red postboxes in Yorkshire can we borrow some from some other counties "

australia and germany have a fair few needing paint

How many gold medals have come from Yorkshire now?

By *obsrocketMan  over a year ago

Loughborough

"How many gold medals have come from Yorkshire now? "

Not sure how many medals Yorkshire has won but according to one web site Yorkshire would be 10th in the medal table if it was a country !

Bucks

"How many gold medals have come from Yorkshire now?

Not sure how many medals Yorkshire has won but according to one web site Yorkshire would be 10th in the medal table if it was a country !"

think that was before the boxing gold today

Bucks

if so... would put Yorkshire ABOVE Australia in the medal table

"if so... would put Yorkshire ABOVE Australia in the medal table "

wow go Yorkshire

"

I work for royal mail and have to handle calls with comments like this on a daily basis unfortunately, it wasn't RM that made the price, it was the regulators ofcom. But still can u honestly say that you could get a letter from one end of the country to the other for 50p within 5 days? thats how much 2nd class costs

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

I assume you missed the part of my post where I said "I'm not condoning it" - it was a supportive message, it was wrong, it's been painted over by the Royal mail seemingly so quickly no one even got a picture of it. And that's the number 1 news story on the BBC site. But hey instead of celebrating a fantastic couple of weeks it means middle England can bemoan broken Britain."

Just heard on the telly that the box in Andy Murray`s home has also been vandalised. An attempt had been made to chip off the paint.

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

Glad it makes people happy . I don't agree with it. the individuals earned their medal their place of birth is arbitrary , why not county of birth or every post box In the UK or reduce the price of posting a letter in the UK we all paid to help support the effort of our athletes we are skint don't waste money on publicity stunt , first class stamp over 50 p reduce it x

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

Ps offcom set a maximum price rm did not have to go top wack

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"

They have run out of gold paint in Yorkshire now and are shipping in loads from Lancashire as they haven't used much. "

Oi I saw that!!

Even if it was a day late....

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

"

They have run out of gold paint in Yorkshire now and are shipping in loads from Lancashire as they haven't used much.

Oi I saw that!!

Even if it was a day late.... "

So does Sheffield get another? Courtesy of the first ever female Olympic gold medal winner?

"How many gold medals have come from Yorkshire now? "

beach!

my daughters friends are all posting pics on face book of themselves posing by the MK gold post box........but theyve put it in an area inhabited mainly by somali refugees and drug dealers!!!!

Bucks

"

Oi I saw that!!

So does Sheffield get another? Courtesy of the first ever female Olympic gold medal winner? "

despite her accent, BBC London are claiming her medal for London as she trains down here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-19223242

So is this vandelism or not? Are we going to see a change of theme from some of the previous posters on this thread?

i think the criteria is "the place the gold medallist was born"

evesham

good news this evening, Royal Mail have decided to treat the paralympians the same as the olympians and give them commemorative stamps and gold boxes to!!!

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"good news this evening, Royal Mail have decided to treat the paralympians the same as the olympians and give them commemorative stamps and gold boxes to!!!"
Thats great

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

that is great.... and the advertising is really cranking up...

looks like a great games acoming

Sheffield

"

Oi I saw that!!

So does Sheffield get another? Courtesy of the first ever female Olympic gold medal winner?

despite her accent, BBC London are claiming her medal for London as she trains down here "

Yeah, I made an error. I thought Nicola Adams trained in Sheffield, but it's Bradford.

Which for the southerners amongst us is not in London!

By *abloBackMan  over a year ago

London

My mate is having a street party, his neighbour won gold in the cycling, the council are organising it

I loved how Mo Farah got one of those double gold post boxes to symbolise his amazing double victory!

By *abloBackMan  over a year ago

London

"I loved how Mo Farah got one of those double gold post boxes to symbolise his amazing double victory!"

Mo's box is a normal one in teddington

I'm glad RM is doing the right thing.

These really could be the most successful Games in terms of publicity and attendance. Social media may also make the rest of the world tune in and watch. It could be a game changer. Fantastic!

Sheffield

"good news this evening, Royal Mail have decided to treat the paralympians the same as the olympians and give them commemorative stamps and gold boxes to!!!"

And so they should!

They have trained just as long and hard for this as the Olympians and it should receive the same merit.

By *umourCouple  over a year ago

Northants

We have pictures of us by "Helen Glovers Gold Post Box" in Penzance. Perhaps a little sad, but it would have been rude not to! Then it was across the road to the meadery and watching the queues of people waiting to have pictures taken whilst we stood outside.

I think it is a great idea, but I think perhaps six months is about right, certainly no more than a year...

i had my pic took by the 1 in alcester ,thanks to nick skelton,i put it on my fb and my daughter called me sad

» Add a new message to this topic