FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Take things to heart

Take things to heart

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *orthern Stars OP   Couple  over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

Following on from a thread I saw earlier, do you take things to heart that people say and do?

I imagine most of us do from those closest to us but what about other people like work colleagues, people on here, people who don't know you that well?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

I used to as I take things very literally, being on here changed that mindset, so Realife yes

Fablife no

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

I can do, if I think they're way off but that's moreso because I see it as a reflection of myself and my ability to explain things properly or maybe using a bad example. So in those cases I feel like I've let myself down.

Being called a weird fucked up woman didn't bother me in the slightest.

If someone I respected said something negative about me, yeah, it'd come with a sting.

By *gent CoulsonMan  over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

Sometimes I do, a lot depends on how I am feeling at the time

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

Where would you like me?

It depends on my general frame of mind at the time. If I'm feeling a bit crap then things can get to me that normally wouldn't. Things can get to me on different levels as well - if it's something that calls out a part of me I'm worried about, that will affect me more than it should.

Most of the time (like 90% of the time) it doesn't really affect me.

I'm trying to work on being less bothered by others and what they say/think about me, it's a long process when you're an overthinker like me.

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

Only when they wrongly accused me of lying or doing something bad that I didn't do.

A little ball of anger grows in my stomach.

By *edeWoman  over a year ago

the abyss

I think it often depends on my frame of mind. At times we are all a little more fragile and things get to us more.

I think that is when you need to learn your owm tolerances and if its starting to get to you - walk away for a bit. I believe thats true for 'real' life as well as 'fab' life.

I quite often need a break from ceertain aspects of life - even myself

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

It really depends what is said, when it was said, who said it and how.

I've had a lot of anger in the last 2 weeks and everything said was taken to heart.

By *oeBeansMan  over a year ago

Derby

I wish I was secure enough to say that I don't and only care what those who I respect say about me. But unfortunately, that's not the case.

If anyone said anything negative about me, I'd like to know so that I can guage why they came to that conclusion and if it's something I can work on, I would definitely do that. It's not about sucking up to everyone, it's about not making things awkward haha

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

Entirely depends. I can do with family, friends and partners. Sometimes in work but mostly no. With people who don't know me, not at all.

By *emorefridaCouple  over a year ago

La la land

Yeah I can do depending on my mood, if I have PMT then I certainly will. It's like someone sent a crappy message about my appearance and I did get upset. Think everyone does now and again we're not made of Teflon.

"I think it often depends on my frame of mind. At times we are all a little more fragile and things get to us more.

I think that is when you need to learn your owm tolerances and if its starting to get to you - walk away for a bit. I believe thats true for 'real' life as well as 'fab' life.

I quite often need a break from ceertain aspects of life - even myself "

Totally get this. I had to cut someone out of my life for good who I thought was a very good friend. I saw how selfish and manipulative she actually was. It hurt me to do it but it was for the best for me.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Following on from a thread I saw earlier, do you take things to heart that people say and do?

I imagine most of us do from those closest to us but what about other people like work colleagues, people on here, people who don't know you that well?"

IRL no not really but on here I used to a lot until the lessons dolled out by mods sunk in and for me personally fab has become so much more enjoyable.

You’re never too old to learn I say.

T

I am far from hard as nails and in real life I'm a softie (no smart remarks please ) but I have learned that on her you really cannot take too much to heart... Otherwise it will be emotional and mental torture

On here no, in real life I can be more sensitive.. if those close to me are telling me about myself and I know there right, I can be sensitive and defensive

I was chatting to a lovely couple not so long ago, the wife was seriously hot, I made a comment about another stunning woman on here and that was it, the old Spanish Archer..El Bow..lol

By *nquisitive ladyWoman  over a year ago

meath

"Following on from a thread I saw earlier, do you take things to heart that people say and do?

I imagine most of us do from those closest to us but what about other people like work colleagues, people on here, people who don't know you that well?"

If I was to take to heart what a certain gobshite says about me here than I'd log out and not come back. It actually says more about their petty behaviour than mine. Their opinion means nothing to me and very little to other fab users as I've not been the only one they talk about and have targeted.

Where would you like me?

"Yeah I can do depending on my mood, if I have PMT then I certainly will. It's like someone sent a crappy message about my appearance and I did get upset. Think everyone does now and again we're not made of Teflon. "

I've learned to minimise contact with most during my hormonal changes - it's not worth the sad it causes. Best to talk to icecream and chocolate.

By *ymo80Man  over a year ago

grimsby

As a single man on here definitely can’t take things to heart

Liverpool

"I was chatting to a lovely couple not so long ago, the wife was seriously hot, I made a comment about another stunning woman on here and that was it, the old Spanish Archer..El Bow..lol"

Sounds like a lucky escape if she flounces over you fancying another woman when she has a husband .

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

Never take anything to heart, as long as you're living your best life that's all that matters.

"On here no, in real life I can be more sensitive.. if those close to me are telling me about myself and I know there right, I can be sensitive and defensive "

I can get defensive but will sit and mull over what was said, and sometimes I end up agreeing with what they said.

By *oxyVikingCouple  over a year ago

East Anglia

I take most things to heart and dwell on everything. Can spend days worrying about a comment made. I try not to let it get me and fab is in a weird way helping. Getting rude messages used to really upset me and I’d really take them to heart. But learning to shrug them off and realising it’s a reflection of them rather than me. Freya

"I was chatting to a lovely couple not so long ago, the wife was seriously hot, I made a comment about another stunning woman on here and that was it, the old Spanish Archer..El Bow..lol

Sounds like a lucky escape if she flounces over you fancying another woman when she has a husband . "

I was gutted because it was an innocent comment, plus we were getting on well.

Que sera sera..as they say in Paris

"I was chatting to a lovely couple not so long ago, the wife was seriously hot, I made a comment about another stunning woman on here and that was it, the old Spanish Archer..El Bow..lol"

Jeez. Some people really don't understand swinging do they. You're better off without jealous people.

By *emorefridaCouple  over a year ago

La la land

"Yeah I can do depending on my mood, if I have PMT then I certainly will. It's like someone sent a crappy message about my appearance and I did get upset. Think everyone does now and again we're not made of Teflon.

I've learned to minimise contact with most during my hormonal changes - it's not worth the sad it causes. Best to talk to icecream and chocolate. "

Totally with you there Meli, I'm too unpredictable I'll either cry or rage. Most people in work know when to leave me alone else suffer the consequences

Liverpool

"I was chatting to a lovely couple not so long ago, the wife was seriously hot, I made a comment about another stunning woman on here and that was it, the old Spanish Archer..El Bow..lol

Sounds like a lucky escape if she flounces over you fancying another woman when she has a husband .

"

Onwards and upwards

Onwards and upwards "

Course..glass is always half full here

I imagine most of us do from those closest to us but what about other people like work colleagues, people on here, people who don't know you that well?

If I was to take to heart what a certain gobshite says about me here than I'd log out and not come back. It actually says more about their petty behaviour than mine. Their opinion means nothing to me and very little to other fab users as I've not been the only one they talk about and have targeted.

"

.. Well I for one can vouch that you are one of the nicest here and certainly don't deserve any hate ..

By *edeWoman  over a year ago

the abyss

"I think it often depends on my frame of mind. At times we are all a little more fragile and things get to us more.

I quite often need a break from ceertain aspects of life - even myself

Totally get this. I had to cut someone out of my life for good who I thought was a very good friend. I saw how selfish and manipulative she actually was. It hurt me to do it but it was for the best for me."

I've had to do similar and it's really hard when you have known them for years. But you have to look after yourself

Liverpool

Onwards and upwards

Course..glass is always half full here "

Good to hear

By *andare63Man  over a year ago

oldham

I don't take anything said on here to heart. Why would you? The majority play no part in my day to day life. There are many who make wild misguided assumptions on here about peoples life's that could get to me if I let it.

meath

.. Well I for one can vouch that you are one of the nicest here and certainly don't deserve any hate .. "

As I can easily vouch for you too xx

.. Well I for one can vouch that you are one of the nicest here and certainly don't deserve any hate ..

As I can easily vouch for you too xx"

... Awwww... Im getting that warm fuzzy feeling again inquisitive!!

You can't control other people... But you can control your reaction and feelings

You need to be comfortable in your own skin and know yourself well.. Which means lots of honest reflection in the mirror.. Once you own your faults and weaknesses they can't be used against you as amunition

If a friend thst i like/respect said something, i would try to look rationally, reflect and learn.. But equally i have no qualms saying to myself (and them) actually you are wrong

... I currently have someone saying complete bollox and lies about me to someone i care very much about.. I'm fortunate that my friend knows me very well and recognises it for the insecure, jealous drama that it is, so in this situation I've let it wash over me and down the drain

meath

As I can easily vouch for you too xx... Awwww... Im getting that warm fuzzy feeling again inquisitive!! "

"You can't control other people... But you can control your reaction and feelings

You need to be comfortable in your own skin and know yourself well.. Which means lots of honest reflection in the mirror.. Once you own your faults and weaknesses they can't be used against you as amunition

If a friend thst i like/respect said something, i would try to look rationally, reflect and learn.. But equally i have no qualms saying to myself (and them) actually you are wrong

... I currently have someone saying complete bollox and lies about me to someone i care very much about.. I'm fortunate that my friend knows me very well and recognises it for the insecure, jealous drama that it is, so in this situation I've let it wash over me and down the drain

"

Sorry to read this. Jealous people really can be so vicious and troublesome. Good on you for not taking it to heart.

Nah.

I’m really thick

By *hunky GentMan  over a year ago

near Peterborough

If a n insult is thrown at me by a stranger then i couldn't care less.

If its by a friend then yes,i would take it to heart.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

Merseyside

I'll say no ....... but on the odd occasion that I get ruffled it is ugly ..... I'm glad it's not often.

Intent matters with me ......

By *ex HolesMan  over a year ago

Up North

Words from someone behind a screen really have no significance in my life. I do however pull these people up on their behaviour when needed to.

Merseyside

I don't know about 'to heart' ......

I don't react in a hurt manner that would garner sympathy .......

Depends on my mood at the time but generally things are like water off a ducks back to me

By *indergirlWoman  over a year ago

somewhere, someplace

Totally depends, a lot factors my mood at the moment the comment is said, most of the time I brush it off, but if I'm not feeling myself it can get to me for sure

Sometimes I do, depending on my emotional state, but generally I don’t.

There are times when I’ve overreacted a bit, but haven’t most of us at times

Having said that, i did flounce off with my last profile, but I came back with a very different mindset

Where would you like me?

"Nah.

I’m really thick"

You're a soft squidgey sponge of love Sam - embrace that.

I usually don't. But it depends on the subject. Some just triggers my tits

Who cares less what random strangers say online, unless it affects you in the real world ?

And those who use Fab to create drama and division, especially in private, deserve pity more than anything - imagine having so little going on in your real life that you'd resort to such behaviour.

I am terrible at taking things to heart and obsessing over it

East London

Lesson learned- Swingers can be very jealous.

East London

I grew a thick skin while married.

By *VineMan  over a year ago

The right place

I don’t tend to let what most people say bother me but occasionally things do. I think I get most annoyed when something I’ve said or done has been misinterpreted and used against me. But it really depends on who’s involved.

Usually I don't, but if I'm feeling low and it's someone whose opinion I respect then I'm more likely to feel upset about a negative comment.

Merseyside

"I don’t tend to let what most people say bother me but occasionally things do. I think I get most annoyed when something I’ve said or done has been misinterpreted and used against me. But it really depends on who’s involved. "

You know Vine....... I welcome being disagreed with and considering others point of view but when people who can't even damn well read or if they can do the words they can't comprehend the text and then they attribute something to me that I have not said .......... well ........ well I learned to ignore the simple folk ..... it's kinder to all, including me.

By *urplechesterCouple  over a year ago

chester

We’re both Pisceans do I need to say more haha! Miss PC xx

By *affron40Woman  over a year ago

manchester

Yeah I can way too easily. Anxiety is a bitch for making me think somethings more hurtful than it is. I may be pan faced, but I’m soft as anything.

The right place

"I don’t tend to let what most people say bother me but occasionally things do. I think I get most annoyed when something I’ve said or done has been misinterpreted and used against me. But it really depends on who’s involved.

You know Vine....... I welcome being disagreed with and considering others point of view but when people who can't even damn well read or if they can do the words they can't comprehend the text and then they attribute something to me that I have not said .......... well ........ well I learned to ignore the simple folk ..... it's kinder to all, including me. "

With age comes wisdom Granny! Well in your case anyway. Some people live and learn others just live.

The right place

"We’re both Pisceans do I need to say more haha! Miss PC xx"

You mean you’re both gullible?

Only if I was in a vulnerable place and they stumbled upon it or took advantage of it. Ive acquired thick skin over the last year.

Listen to those who matters. Not to the empty noise.

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

Yes, I do take things to heart. I’m a sensitive soul

"Yeah I can way too easily. Anxiety is a bitch for making me think somethings more hurtful than it is. I may be pan faced, but I’m soft as anything. "

You most certainly aren't pan faced. You're beautiful

Lesson learned- Swingers can be very jealous."

Lesson definitely learned ~ will think before I speak in the future

Lesson definitely learned ~ will think before I speak in the future "

Are you sure it was actually jealousy?

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

Very much mood and circumstance dependent for me - especially being somewhat of an overthinker at times, although am getting better at managing that.

A bit like Granny said I can struggle when my words are either misunderstood or twisted to mean something that wasn't actually what I was saying but that tends to be a knot of annoyance more than anything - some of it directed at myself as I question whether I could/should have worded something better despite knowing that my core values/beliefs are actually sound.

Are you sure it was actually jealousy? "

Indiscreet LPP makes me hurl.

Not sure what it was but she did message me to say that I was unfriended because of what I had said about the other woman.

Wasn’t meant to be..hey ho

Indiscreet LPP makes me hurl."

What’s LPP..??

Where would you like me?

What’s LPP..??"

LampPostPissing.

East London

No, she was probably feeling inadequate because he mentioned another woman, who was also hot.

East London

What’s LPP..??"

They think you mentioned the other woman to lamp post piss on her.

Never used too but the past few year i have

Depends who says it. There are very few people whose opinion I care about.

What’s LPP..??

LampPostPissing."

Ah right..every day is a school day..lol

By *manaWoman  over a year ago

Basingstoke

Yes. Rightly or wrongly I do.

"Yes. Rightly or wrongly I do.

"

There are worse things in life

By *manaWoman  over a year ago

Basingstoke

There are worse things in life "

True. People don't always have the same heart as I do but i always try to see the good in them anyway xx

By *ea monkeyMan  over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

True. People don't always have the same heart as I do but i always try to see the good in them anyway xx"

It’s one of the reasons why you’re such a wonderful person. Even when they don’t deserve your faith in them

True. People don't always have the same heart as I do but i always try to see the good in them anyway xx"

And that makes you a very kind person. Don't change x

By *isAdventure69Woman  over a year ago

Hampshire

Yes occasionally, there are days when I'm a little vulnerable and take things to heart.

Although I mostly think of myself as strong

minded and resilient, sometimes my safeguards let me down .

Not on here no.

Yes occasionally, there are days when I'm a little vulnerable and take things to heart.

Although I mostly think of myself as strong

minded and resilient, sometimes my safeguards let me down . "

I think we all have moment's when we aren't quite as strong as other times, especially for me when hormones are raging.

Hubby got told on here he's to ugly for fab he took that to heart and rarely comes on now hit him quite hard to be honest some really hurtful cunts on here

"Hubby got told on here he's to ugly for fab he took that to heart and rarely comes on now hit him quite hard to be honest some really hurtful cunts on here "

I am genuinely sorry to read this, your husband is rather easy on the eye. There really are some horrendously vicious people on here. That's the 3rd thing I have heard today about what goes on in this site with some people. It sickens me.

"Hubby got told on here he's to ugly for fab he took that to heart and rarely comes on now hit him quite hard to be honest some really hurtful cunts on here

I am genuinely sorry to read this, your husband is rather easy on the eye. There really are some horrendously vicious people on here. That's the 3rd thing I have heard today about what goes on in this site with some people. It sickens me. "

Agree northern.

Your oh isnt ugly at all.

Some people must be awful unhappy and incontinent in their own lives to say things like that

Noy anymore. Skin gas grown thick and i dont let anything get me down now. Lost a lot of friends over the years death wise. Life is to short to get upset over minor crap. John

"Hubby got told on here he's to ugly for fab he took that to heart and rarely comes on now hit him quite hard to be honest some really hurtful cunts on here

I am genuinely sorry to read this, your husband is rather easy on the eye. There really are some horrendously vicious people on here. That's the 3rd thing I have heard today about what goes on in this site with some people. It sickens me.

Agree northern.

Your oh isnt ugly at all.

Some people must be awful unhappy and incontinent in their own lives to say things like that "

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

"You can't control other people... But you can control your reaction and feelings

"

This ^

On here though no I don’t react to anything anyone says about me, they don’t know me so irrelevant, as is anything they like to say behind my back.

Merseyside

"Depends who says it. There are very few people whose opinion I care about."

I never understand the attraction of such phrases.....

It is human to get angry.

The first reaction is often the correct one.

We snap when under pressure and do go over the top on the smallest issue.

Others unbalance the mind then play on that to make matters worse.

It's difficult to appear not bothered by someone, worse if there is dislike between you.

Best policy is to say nothing and let them keep talking and digging a hole for themselves.

Walk away mid-sentence leave them standing.

By *urplechesterCouple  over a year ago

chester

"We’re both Pisceans do I need to say more haha! Miss PC xx

You mean you’re both gullible? "

Haha my hands are up, I’m totally gullible, whereas Mr Pc isn’t! I like to see it as being a positive thinker, and seeing the good in everyone! Yep proven wrong on a daily basis

"Hubby got told on here he's to ugly for fab he took that to heart and rarely comes on now hit him quite hard to be honest some really hurtful cunts on here "

That is awful but I have heard the same from others, it's petit and sad.

Depends on my state of mind, and who it's said by, majority of the time I shrug it off

"It is human to get angry.

The first reaction is often the correct one.

We snap when under pressure and do go over the top on the smallest issue.

Others unbalance the mind then play on that to make matters worse.

It's difficult to appear not bothered by someone, worse if there is dislike between you.

Best policy is to say nothing and let them keep talking and digging a hole for themselves.

Walk away mid-sentence leave them standing."

By *ntrepid ExplorersCouple  over a year ago

Birmingham

I tend to take people at face value. Games suck when it comes to human relations. I'm as bad at them as I am with boardgames for sure... And I own over 100 board games...

» Add a new message to this topic