STI testing

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *eatrice Badinage OP   Woman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

How often do you test

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By * Sophie xTV/TS  over a year ago

Derby

Every 3 months with a home test kit from SH24.

Last results came back all clear 2 weeks ago

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Every month when meeting as I always play bare (no lectures) xx

By *tue555Man  over a year ago

Passed Beyond Reach

[Removed by poster at 02/03/21 09:47:23]

In a Sparkly Dress

"Every 3 months with a home test kit from SH24.

Last results came back all clear 2 weeks ago "

I've stuck to still doing every 3 months even though I'm not playing, just in case

Passed Beyond Reach

[Removed by poster at 02/03/21 09:50:16]

In a Sparkly Dress

"Every month when meeting as I always play bare (no lectures) xx"

Is it home tests

I'd never dream of doing that Jess, they are your choices to make no one else's x

Passed Beyond Reach

"How often do you test"

Depends on circumstances and how many different sexual partners. More you drive, the more likely you are to have a collision.

Also there is an element of the gender of the partners, transmission between females is less.

So testing should be proportional to the above as your health is primary

I only play safe and because of the frequency I meet people (i don’t have several meets a week or month even) I look to get tested every 2-3 months.

The sh24 site shows that for some tests you should wait 8-12 weeks to let certain issues surface.

I guess if I played more regularly I’d test more regularly.

By * Sophie xTV/TS  over a year ago

Derby

I've stuck to still doing every 3 months even though I'm not playing, just in case "

I'd only play bare with a known partner I trusted anyway so 3 months is just to make sure. If I had any reason to think otherwise then if get tested on an ad-hoc basis.

In a Sparkly Dress

"How often do you test

Depends on circumstances and how many different sexual partners. More you drive, the more likely you are to have a collision.

Also there is an element of the gender of the partners, transmission between females is less.

So testing should be proportional to the above as your health is primary"

Very true

By *ilthyroughMan  over a year ago

Berks / Heathro

I've stuck to still doing every 3 months even though I'm not playing, just in case "

Same here. Mine just came back a week ago, even though I haven’t played for a year

In a Sparkly Dress

"I only play safe and because of the frequency I meet people (i don’t have several meets a week or month even) I look to get tested every 2-3 months.

The sh24 site shows that for some tests you should wait 8-12 weeks to let certain issues surface.

I guess if I played more regularly I’d test more regularly. "

Its a good idea to test even when only playing safe, better to catch anything quick

In a Sparkly Dress

I've stuck to still doing every 3 months even though I'm not playing, just in case

I'd only play bare with a known partner I trusted anyway so 3 months is just to make sure. If I had any reason to think otherwise then if get tested on an ad-hoc basis."

In a Sparkly Dress

Same here. Mine just came back a week ago, even though I haven’t played for a year"

Its a good peace of mind

By *eoeclipseWoman  over a year ago

glasgow

All our clinics up here (unless you have symptoms) are closed. the only way to get one atm is to pay for it (not all can before anyone starts).

I did this via lloyds last week (£70), Quick processing (got results on a sunday).

Problems I had was:

How the hell does a skinny wee cotton bud sting more than a cock...(usually there's a spectrum involved in clinic ones)

Blood tests - I had a nightmare trying to fill up that little vile using my pinkies, the blood just wouldn't flow, clotted quickly and made me feel faint (not the blood, cut myself all the time). I ended up using my ring finger...much better & quicker

I did however have an argument with them over why throat swabs are not included in women's kits especially when your paying for it, based on next to no one uses dental dams or condoms with oral so the risk for females is just as high if not higher than males.

Berks / Heathro

Same here. Mine just came back a week ago, even though I haven’t played for a year

Its a good peace of mind "

Yep. I was a pro-masseur when younger and used to offer tantric yoni to regular clients. I think the habit of regular testing started back then. I never did full on sex with any of the clients, but it made sense to test with risks with such frequent contact

Berks / Heathro

"All our clinics up here (unless you have symptoms) are closed. the only way to get one atm is to pay for it (not all can before anyone starts).

I did this via lloyds last week (£70), Quick processing (got results on a sunday).

Problems I had was:

How the hell does a skinny wee cotton bud sting more than a cock...(usually there's a spectrum involved in clinic ones)

Blood tests - I had a nightmare trying to fill up that little vile using my pinkies, the blood just wouldn't flow, clotted quickly and made me feel faint (not the blood, cut myself all the time). I ended up using my ring finger...much better & quicker

I did however have an argument with them over why throat swabs are not included in women's kits especially when your paying for it, based on next to no one uses dental dams or condoms with oral so the risk for females is just as high if not higher than males. "

For blood, soaking the hand in warm

Water definitely helps. Even if it stops, warm water wash retriggers flow

"Every month when meeting as I always play bare (no lectures) xx

Is it home tests

I'd never dream of doing that Jess, they are your choices to make no one else's x"

Yes, I'm in Suffolk so use icash xx

glasgow

"All our clinics up here (unless you have symptoms) are closed. the only way to get one atm is to pay for it (not all can before anyone starts).

Problems I had was:

I did however have an argument with them over why throat swabs are not included in women's kits especially when your paying for it, based on next to no one uses dental dams or condoms with oral so the risk for females is just as high if not higher than males.

Water definitely helps. Even if it stops, warm water wash retriggers flow "

Thanks, I do have cold hands, did try all the suggestions on the sheet as you've said also.

I think it is more because I clot so quickly, I literally cut myself everyday & don't notice.

long nails did not help (was pooling under it). ring finger was definitely quicker, would have been 2 mins instead of almost an hour! I'll use that finger next time

outside of lockdown with normal activity, I'm a 3 months testing person...its just usually a nurse taking them all.

Not since last year but there was no reason to do so! Circumstances depending.

In a Sparkly Dress

Problems I had was:

I did however have an argument with them over why throat swabs are not included in women's kits especially when your paying for it, based on next to no one uses dental dams or condoms with oral so the risk for females is just as high if not higher than males. "

That is an interesting question regarding oral, one I shall research

Berks / Heathro

Problems I had was:

Water definitely helps. Even if it stops, warm water wash retriggers flow

Thanks, I do have cold hands, did try all the suggestions on the sheet as you've said also.

I think it is more because I clot so quickly, I literally cut myself everyday & don't notice.

long nails did not help (was pooling under it). ring finger was definitely quicker, would have been 2 mins instead of almost an hour! I'll use that finger next time

outside of lockdown with normal activity, I'm a 3 months testing person...its just usually a nurse taking them all. "

I miss nurse doing instead of me squeezing the finger too

I know what you mean though, the first few times, I resorted to using razor blade!

Usually every 3 months when I'm active. Obviously not been the same need in lockdown

Passed Beyond Reach

Surgical Lance like they use for Blood Glucose tester, fires a small needle into your finger. Readily available online

In a Sparkly Dress

"Surgical Lance like they use for Blood Glucose tester, fires a small needle into your finger. Readily available online "

Being hydrated helps as well

Last results came back all clear 2 weeks ago "

This! Though I haven't tested for a while, since lockdown means I haven't been meeting anyone else.

By *luebellRacerCouple  over a year ago

East Lindsey, Lincs

It really annoys me that not all areas offer free home testing

In a Sparkly Dress

"It really annoys me that not all areas offer free home testing

"

It may change, they are sending out home smear test kits in a trial scheme to see what the uptake is on overdue women

glasgow

"Surgical Lance like they use for Blood Glucose tester, fires a small needle into your finger. Readily available online

Being hydrated helps as well"

Yeah it came with 3 (alcohol wipes, plasters too)...used all 3! my pinkies I was lucky to get one drop out of each before it clotted & wouldn't resume no matter what I tried..to the point I did phone them, had to get it to at least 1 line to have a chance & not waste my money & time.

bang into ring finger...job done

was 2/3 in afternoon when I done it (just in time for last friday post) so shouldn't have been dehydrated, good to not though.

By *ea monkeyMan  over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

I can’t help but think that if people can get tested, then the infection rate and cases post lockdown would drop massively.

This is a perfect time to get tested, treated (if necessary) and break the cycle of infection within the community

By *BVNWoman  over a year ago

Swansea

Home testing is so much more convenient, the process is easy and results issued quickly. We get our tests via Frisky Wales and repeat the tests every 3 months when back in the swing of things

We only play safe but still regularly test to make sure we are both healthy.

Her x

glasgow

"Home testing is so much more convenient, the process is easy and results issued quickly. We get our tests via Frisky Wales and repeat the tests every 3 months when back in the swing of things

We only play safe but still regularly test to make sure we are both healthy.

Her x"

apart from the cost, there was no free at home ones I could find in Scotland. Pay taxes & NI for health care we does

however on speed & convenience (except my issues drawing blood) yes, even though my tests were sent on Friday last post (fast return envelope in kits).

I had my results on Sunday! very very quick.

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

About every 6 months but I tend to have sex with the same people for a while. I will do more often though if I feel there's a need.

When I was active, I’d get tested after every partner. Now I’m not, I don’t

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

Where would you like me?

If I'm planning on having sex with someone new/I've had sex with someone new/my mum has shared a sad/slightly queasy inducing story with me, I get tested.

Otherwise every 6 months or so.

By *hilloutMan  over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

Before COVID, every 2-3 months.

Pre covid every 3 months I haven't for a while as I haven't been meeting

By *hesweetcheeksMan  over a year ago

hertfordshire

[Removed by poster at 02/03/21 12:49:15]

By *hesweetcheeksMan  over a year ago

hertfordshire

Pre covid normally every 3 months

I do the at home tests which are super convenient

By *etcplCouple  over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

Home testing here during lockdown, was the local SH clinic pre lockdown.

Testing frequency is every 3 months, with our last being in November.

Every 3 months x got all clear yesterday

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"

Yes, we couldn't get a home kit and we're on the Greater Manchester/Lancashire border, not exactly in the middle of nowhere!

By *ecky and justCouple  over a year ago

Godalming

Every 3 months for us.

Home self test kit and we do it together.

I have to bleed Becky as she’s squeamish.

Results are always through so quick.

There’s a free Welsh home testing service called Frisky Wales for any fellow Welshies out there. Easy to order. Both tests and results come back very quickly

In Birmingham we have an online site called 'umbrella' alsorts of information inc free home testing kits. Shame they can't test for HPV.

I dont shag about so just when i have a potential new sexual partner

In a Sparkly Dress

"In Birmingham we have an online site called 'umbrella' alsorts of information inc free home testing kits. Shame they can't test for HPV."

That may come around sooner as they are sending out trial smear test home kits and they test for hpv, wouldn't be much to include it in a sti test kit

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

At least every 3 months. I'm glad my local is open again

Same here. Mine just came back a week ago, even though I haven’t played for a year"

isnt this a complete waste of nhs resources?

would you still test when not playing if you had to pay for it yourself

I did test every 3 months but as I've not met anybody for over a year, I don't bother anymore. I have a home test if needed but I doubt I will.

By *hampagne_Supernova_91Man  over a year ago

Manchester

I tested regularly, slacked off a bit due to lockdown and not meeting but will pick up when we're all free again!

During lockdown, tested twice.

Normally....3 monthly

glasgow

my last was this time last year, pre lock down so no NHS resources wasted in scotland cos they are shut to all that don't have symptoms.

you've go no choice but to pay for a check up just now.

In a Sparkly Dress

isnt this a complete waste of nhs resources?

would you still test when not playing if you had to pay for it yourself "

No I don't consider it a waste of nhs resources, staff still need samples to train and research with, also I am overprotective with my sexual health

If I had to pay for it yes I would still test as frequently

By *iffy1968Man  over a year ago

STAFFORD

After every meet when we play , as we are a Bareback couple and no lectures thankyou

Every three months also using SH24. However, pre lockdown I preferred the GUM clinic system rather than self testing. There is a wealth of advice from professionals which can be tapped into at your local clinic.

Btw can I just say how hard it was to collect the blood from fingers? Did anyone else this problem?

Had to use all 3 lancets and 3 different fingers and milk them for 20mins.. what a bloody work that was! And basically managed to just fill the 400 mark line and not the 600...

I enjoyed how the home test was quite easy and discreet till I got to the blood semple part. So much easier to have a nurse using the needle

By *oneyBear100Couple  over a year ago

Gatwick area

Used to test every three months, not been a lot of point for the last year... have spare postal kits ready to do/send when/if service resumes.

"Btw can I just say how hard it was to collect the blood from fingers? Did anyone else this problem?

Had to use all 3 lancets and 3 different fingers and milk them for 20mins.. what a bloody work that was! And basically managed to just fill the 400 mark line and not the 600...

I enjoyed how the home test was quite easy and discreet till I got to the blood semple part. So much easier to have a nurse using the needle "

Have a hot bath/shower first, gets the blood pumping x

glasgow

"Btw can I just say how hard it was to collect the blood from fingers? Did anyone else this problem?

I enjoyed how the home test was quite easy and discreet till I got to the blood semple part. So much easier to have a nurse using the needle "

had the same issue, I found poking the flesh bit on my ring finger flowed best, would have taken 2 secs instead of a hour

pinkies were useless, couldn't get more than a drop or 2 either.

By *winging freyrMan  over a year ago

Warwickshire

Every month with the home kits, but if I haven’t seen anyone in a while I’ll stop doing tests 3 months after my last meet.

Agree with getting blood out of finger as well, will try the hot bath trick next time though

I've stuck to still doing every 3 months even though I'm not playing, just incase "

Can you get sti's off toys and fingers then

By *etite_delightWoman  over a year ago

BunnyLand

[Removed by poster at 28/03/21 16:45:40]

By *etite_delightWoman  over a year ago

BunnyLand

Every 3/4 months, doesn’t matter if I’m meeting or not. It’s good to have some sort of regularity on health checks and a piece of mind

oh I use iCASH home test kits!

My neighbor tests his sti every morning by reving the fuck out of the thing

glasgow

"My neighbor tests his sti every morning by reving the fuck out of the thing"

nah scobbies are just the Brian Blessed of cars lol

By *indergirlWoman  over a year ago

somewhere, someplace

Every few months, I pay privately to get it as I can't get into the clinic at the moment and sh24 doesn't cover my area

By *oxy lady40Woman  over a year ago

bridgwater

Only play safe but still get tested every month , because as we all know you can still catch it through oral

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

As kissing is likely to a dangerous activity for a while add rapid lateral flow tests too.

I've stuck to still doing every 3 months even though I'm not playing, just incase

Can you get sti's off toys and fingers then "

i mean you can if shared with someone else but not if like how this reads its only your own fingers and toys for your own use - i still maintain it seems like a waste of time and resources and not something people would be likely to do if it was costing them £50+ a pop

"My neighbor tests his sti every morning by reving the fuck out of the thing

nah scobbies are just the Brian Blessed of cars lol "

Sounds like a bus load of rattling pots.

By *oncupiscence73Woman  over a year ago

South

Every three months x

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

I've been a over a year. I've barely left the house in that time apart from a brief spell back at work and I think carrying a few plates was risk free.

When I was meeting, even with just my ex it was 3 monthly and will be again when/if I begin to do the whole body contact thing again.

I go to the gum clinic in the hospital so you only get results if there's a positive for something, other than that no contact after 2 weeks means you're all clear. I'd prefer to have a text though.

By *ex HolesMan  over a year ago

Up North

Well over a year and I know I’m clear

By *winging freyrMan  over a year ago

Warwickshire

I’ve always preferred having a text. Fab should do something so you can post a screenshot on your profile. I tried once and it didn’t get past their checks

I don't have enough casual sex to have a testing routine. Certainly before meeting someone new and every 3 months if I've been seeing someone for a while. I get kits in the post.

once a month during normal times and straight away if a condom breaks, only been with fwb in the last year so haven't really bothered with tests since probably may last year.

I do mine every 3 months, unless I don't see anybody, in which case I leave it until it looks like I'm going to be meeting somebody. I prefer to have one regular playmate at a time.

"

In Sussex where I am they only had GUM clinic and limited tests of over 25, but free postal tests in Hampshire so I have always paid.

However due to Covid my area are now doing free postal tests and only took a few days to be texted results. I hope they decide to continue.

By *hubster2016Man  over a year ago

WestWorld

Good info

Just a question if you’ve not been with anyone since 2012 and were clear then you’d expect to be all ok now yeah? Lol

Need to sort out a test kit

» Add a new message to this topic