FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > olympic fever... part 2

olympic fever... part 2

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *abio OP   Man  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

okay... asked a couple of days ago if you were excited that the olympics were here.. and it was a mixed bag...

but after the ceremony last night... and the mostly positive reactions it got... has your attitude in relation to the olympics changed?

have to say I am more pumped up for it.... been watching the swimming, rowing and the olympic road race this morning....

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Im loving it but I was excited anyway

Would be better if it was taken back to its origins, all athlete's naked and bathed in oils,like the real Olympia, would have got a much bigger audience, methinks!

I knew I'd be interested once it started, but I'm definitely more pumped for Team GB and much more interested and supportive for all involved/events than I was before the opening ceremony.

A few days ago I really couldn't care less and I wasn't looking forward to it at all.

After last night I feel really positive about the whole thing. It really moved me. I'm probably going to watch the opening ceremony again and have been watching some sports today too.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

I was all for it anyway, but yes, had a bit of rowing, swimming and now the road race today....the crowds have been brilliant chearing people on ( although a bit close in places on the road race )

I love it, and BBC have so many different channels you can watch I don't know which ones to pick first

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

last night exhausted me.. I am shattered today

By *ixson-BallsMan  over a year ago

Blackpool

"Would be better if it was taken back to its origins, all athlete's naked and bathed in oils,like the real Olympia, would have got a much bigger audience, methinks!"

the ancient greek word for "to exercise" meant to "be stark naked"

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

such a shame for Mark Cavendish

have seen signs of people writing the wole of Team GB now....gotta love the British logic!!

i still think we have great chances, the rowing was going well and the swimming, Mary King is second in the dressage and our male gymnasts are 2nd i believe

"Im loving it but I was excited anyway

"

I've heard you're easily excitable.

"such a shame for Mark Cavendish

have seen signs of people writing the wole of Team GB now....gotta love the British logic!!

i still think we have great chances, the rowing was going well and the swimming, Mary King is second in the dressage and our male gymnasts are 2nd i believe"

We'll win what we win and the eternally optimistic will be disappointed and the pessimistic are always disappointed anyway.

We can't beat the Chinese at a lot of things, the Americans are superior in others, which leaves the rowing and the horsey sector (bet the toffs won't be pilloried too much if they bag a few golds - well, not for a day or two anyway)

I am absolutely loving it and really enjoy watching all the different sports I wouldn't normally watch.

By *ucky_LadsCouple (MM)  over a year ago

Kidderminster+ surrounding areas.

i still think we have great chances, the rowing was going well and the swimming, Mary King is second in the dressage and our male gymnasts are 2nd i believe"

GB team were always going to find it difficult after such a momentous tour de france with that 1-2 and seven stage wins for gb riders,they rode the race today exactly the same as last years world championships but the difference bein in olympics it only 5 man team and no other team wanted to help gb in bringing the break back because of cavs tremendous sprinting and they sacrificed their own teams chances and 3 of the most unfancied nations took the medals!,well done for them in taking that opportunity.

by the way,silver medal by team sky rider uran from columbia who for wiggins in tour de france.

Let's not forget that it's only been a week since they all did the Tour de France - They had the hardest task of all with regards to not having any down-time.

By *ucky_LadsCouple (MM)  over a year ago

Kidderminster+ surrounding areas.

saw brad swing off a few k's from finish looking knackered!,chris froome was hard working too and very tired in inter_iews afterwards.

hope they get a few days good rest now and come out and medal on wednesday in the time trial.

By *abio OP   Man  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"I am absolutely loving it and really enjoy watching all the different sports I wouldn't normally watch."

see this is the thing... I got engrossed in the archery and couldn't turn over... that 10 by the italian on his last shot to win for his team was epic....

i still think we have great chances, the rowing was going well and the swimming, Mary King is second in the dressage and our male gymnasts are 2nd i believe

Let's not forget that it's only been a week since they all did the Tour de France - They had the hardest task of all with regards to not having any down-time. "

Many if not most of the riders will have been in the same position and the tour can be amazing for form a week or 2 after, witness boardmans hour and pursuit records after the only tour he ever finished.

Was almost an impossible ask and they came close

I'm a sports junkie anyway so the Olympics is just heaven, not been able to leave my telly or laptop all day.

The BBC are doing a great job, that said, I don't like Clare Balding very much, don't know why, she just doesn't seem very nice. She's commentating on the swimming tonight.

We were neither here nor there about the Olympics, to be honest we were sick of hearing about it for the last 7 years.

But now its here, what a great opening ceremony, the only low point being Macca. Watched the cycling and swimming today, both events I would never usually watch. The crowds out for the cycling were amazing, fantastic spectator participation. Really enjoying it so far.

I agree with a previous poster, I cannot stand CLare Balding, so difficult to watch the events with here commentating.

I have a tenner on 3 of our boxers, my fav event

George

"We were neither here nor there about the Olympics, to be honest we were sick of hearing about it for the last 7 years.

But now its here, what a great opening ceremony, the only low point being Macca. Watched the cycling and swimming today, both events I would never usually watch. The crowds out for the cycling were amazing, fantastic spectator participation. Really enjoying it so far.

"

+1 I wasn't too bothered about it either and was more concerned with commuting in london,but we watched and enjoyed the opening and found myself watching the cycling and beach volleyball all day.

despite my reservations I can't help feeling that some people would be a little envious if it was 'Paris 2012'

» Add a new message to this topic