FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Should our 'Olypmians'...

Should our 'Olypmians'...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *els_Bells OP   Woman  over a year ago

with the moon n stars somewhere in gtr manc

Should Team GB competitors show some composure/restraint/good behaviour (whatever you want to call it) when representing Great Britain?

I have seen a couple of Team GB (athletes/competitors) on tv over the past few months and a couple of them have made me cringe a bit, trying to be more of a celeb/pin up than a sports person.

Watching the ceremony now, should they just walk/smile n wave rather than do the whole 'rock' thing etc and behave like some of the other countries?

or is it just me being old fashioned?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *exki11enWoman  over a year ago

Bristol

Nope. Some of them are behaving like chavvy little thugs and should be ashamed of themselves.

I just think, go back to previous years, did previous Team GB 'behave' like that?

OMG I think I'm getting old!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

gotta represent the whole of gb chavs n all haha

By *aldybiMan  over a year ago

Shrewsbury

"I just think, go back to previous years, did previous Team GB 'behave' like that?

OMG I think I'm getting old! "

Aren't we all!

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

i hate all that 'brrappp brappp' stuff they do...have a good time yes, enjoy your moment....you have earnt it but you are representing your country on home turf....act like it!!!

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Their funding and careers after sports are now linked to them being celebs... It is sad but true that in this day celeb trumps skill, talent and dedication. I might want to teach them some decorum but I do not doubt their hard work as sports people.

"Their funding and careers after sports are now linked to them being celebs... It is sad but true that in this day celeb trumps skill, talent and dedication. I might want to teach them some decorum but I do not doubt their hard work as sports people."

I don't doubt for a second how hard they have worked towards this, its just as the OP said the whole 'brapp brapp' stuff and jumping on each other/coming across as a bit of a yob instead of like some of the other countries who seemed glad they were there without diving on each other etc

I think they should behave like adults... however when they were jumping about just now I got the feeling that they were just all really excited about being there. So it was nice.

(I'm a big soppy mushy mess at the mo cos it's all so brilliant. Ask me again tomorrow and I'll give a proper answer lol)

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman  over a year ago

Deviant City

"gotta represent the whole of gb chavs n all haha"

They looked like chavs in them white and gold shellsuits. Who designed them, Jeremy Kyle? Jeeez

They looked just like the Americans.

"Should Team GB competitors show some composure/restraint/good behaviour (whatever you want to call it) when representing Great Britain?

I have seen a couple of Team GB (athletes/competitors) on tv over the past few months and a couple of them have made me cringe a bit, trying to be more of a celeb/pin up than a sports person.

Watching the ceremony now, should they just walk/smile n wave rather than do the whole 'rock' thing etc and behave like some of the other countries?

or is it just me being old fashioned?"

If they win gold they can show their arses at the camera for me. Just win I say

"They looked just like the Americans. "

I thought the USA looked better behaved than us

Maybe I have a downer on it all, but I just think Olypians should look a bit God/Goddess like.

Maybe Im old fashioned

Gee whiz leave me alone it's once in a lifetime they are gonna be on home soil, they train hard all year not like footballers even on Xmas day. Pity some of you lot on here who are having a go at them should take a leaf out the book and loose a bit of fat .only our country in the world have a go at our own good luck team gb

So that was two mccartneys who fucked up tonight - father and daughter

"So that was two mccartneys who fucked up tonight - father and daughter"
That twat should never have been there

"Gee whiz leave me alone it's once in a lifetime they are gonna be on home soil, they train hard all year not like footballers even on Xmas day. Pity some of you lot on here who are having a go at them should take a leaf out the book and loose a bit of fat .only our country in the world have a go at our own good luck team gb"

Yes, I could do with losing a LOT of fat. But that wasnt about my post, and had sweet FA to do with it all .

Why turn nasty when all I was commenting on was their behaviour naff all to do with with their build. So why get personal?!

"Gee whiz leave me alone it's once in a lifetime they are gonna be on home soil, they train hard all year not like footballers even on Xmas day. Pity some of you lot on here who are having a go at them should take a leaf out the book and loose a bit of fat .only our country in the world have a go at our own good luck team gb"

So you referring to 'me' means you were in the olympic line up then?

If you were apologies, I just don't see the need to behave like yobs even when excitied.

"Gee whiz leave me alone it's once in a lifetime they are gonna be on home soil, they train hard all year not like footballers even on Xmas day. Pity some of you lot on here who are having a go at them should take a leaf out the book and loose a bit of fat .only our country in the world have a go at our own good luck team gb

Yes, I could do with losing a LOT of fat. But that wasnt about my post, and had sweet FA to do with it all .

Why turn nasty when all I was commenting on was their behaviour naff all to do with with their build. So why get personal?!"

that wasn't aimed at you ,and don't you think it was nasty saying they behaved in a bad way? I haven't seen any bad behaviour off any our atheletes, and as I was once one I will stick up for them unless u was having a dig at the footballers?

"Gee whiz leave me alone it's once in a lifetime they are gonna be on home soil, they train hard all year not like footballers even on Xmas day. Pity some of you lot on here who are having a go at them should take a leaf out the book and loose a bit of fat .only our country in the world have a go at our own good luck team gb

So you referring to 'me' means you were in the olympic line up then?

If you were apologies, I just don't see the need to behave like yobs even when excitied."

where was they behaving like yobs..?

Why turn nasty when all I was commenting on was their behaviour naff all to do with with their build. So why get personal?! that wasn't aimed at you ,and don't you think it was nasty saying they behaved in a bad way? I haven't seen any bad behaviour off any our atheletes, and as I was once one I will stick up for them unless u was having a dig at the footballers?"

Apologies,

I was thinking of programmes such as league of their own etc, when olympic contenders were on and courted the press for theor own personal course rather than their sport.

Before the current olmypics, can you name a lot of competitors who courted the press/media? (As in before 2004) Maybe Im too young to have taken an interest, but I personally beliieve Olymic contenders should be just that, contenders, not someone who tries to win the press n youngsters by flauting about on tv

Well I'm confused thought you where saying they where behaving like yobs when they came out in the ceremony ?

" where was they behaving like yobs..?"
maybe 'yobs' was too strong. But diving on each other etc was a bit too much for me. Why not walk out like other countries with your head held hgh n take in the surroundings? Its not as f it had just been announced! Did Bejinmg jump on each other on the oenng cereomony?

Dont get me wrong, ts great we are holding the olympics again, I just thnk we should be a bit less hyer til its over

Maybe you have a point,but saying the Chinese never done is because they can't ,as you and me no cant take a piss in that country with out asking lol

"Maybe you have a point,but saying the Chinese never done is because they can't ,as you and me no cant take a piss in that country with out asking lol"
good point lol

Maybe im just a bit stiff uppper lipped so to speak when it comes to it.

Personally, I dont have a set country as I am a mongrel, I just thought team gb may have walked out with pride and not giddiness (if there is such a word)

I think excitement shouldn't be confused with yobbery.

I was in a petrol station and some woman screamed at the top of her lungs because she was going to the pub, that was irritating for me and everyone who heard that 10 billion decibels, if you're competing in a Olympics, just competing means you're good you have every right to feel elated, why not show it.

By *abloBackMan  over a year ago

London

You could tell by looking at all the athletes that they were excited to be there.

The only athletes that didn't show any exhuberence were the competitors from the repressed countries like north Korea and Myanmar

In the past athletes may have behaved differently, but now, as was pointed out earlier, athletes have to "sell themselves" for sponsorship. In the past it would have been unnecessary due to amateur status meaning they were unable to profit from their achievements

It was an innovative ceremony

» Add a new message to this topic