FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Interesting observation at social

Interesting observation at social

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi guys

We don't normally attend socials , but on Wednesday we made an exception and tbh it wad quite an eye opener !

Aside from how friendly everyone was and how the time just flew by - it is the following which really emphasises a point I have often made since joining the forums on fab .

Everyone there , bar none had tried the forums but each and every one said the same thing - they just get blanked or don't feel part of the clique so gave up on them . That's couples , single girls and guys - so once again I reiterate - how do the regulars on here feel about this ?

Is there a deliberate ploy to ostracise new forumites ?

How often threads get hijacked by regulars and the original point is lost is far too often .

Give us all a break and it surely would be a much better experience for all - even if you don't recognise the op try making some positive comment instead of ignoring or hijacking the thread ? It can't hurt can it ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

dont bother worrying about it, they've been doing for years and they'll fill this thread with "there is no clique".

Its so easy to make a list of the names, shame we can't put it up!

I dont agree with u, I am relatively new on here and have never felt there was a clique, have always been included by the group of people I assume to be regulars, have joined in and received some very positive messages, yes some of the threads do get hijacked, at times I am guilty of it too - but in the main I feel most people go along with the flow and the fun of the threads - if u dont continue to post then u wont get welcomed and will constantly feel you are an outsider in my opinion

"

Everyone there, bar none had tried the forums but each and every one said the same thing - they just get blanked or don't feel part of the clique so gave up on them . That's couples , single girls and guys - so once again I reiterate - how do the regulars on here feel about this ?

Is there a deliberate ploy to ostracise new forumites ? "

Well for a start it makes little sense what you are saying no the above points. Most of the forum users of old go to socials so why would they say it about themselves?

Secondly there are hundreds of new forum users. I have been away for 3 months and recognise less than 50% of the forum regulars so it really blows your theory out of the water on new forum users.

Have to agree with the op Im afraid

everyone on these forums were new to them at one stage.. it takes a while to make an impact (unless your a numpty).. just join in and contribute as you feel like it.

Course there's a blooming clique, its mearly a group of friends, and by that nature will often share the same opinions and _iews.

There are all kinds of posters on the forums and makes a great all round place. Sorry to hear the people who attended the social didn't enjoy the experience of the forums.

you dont really need to be part of this "clique" to contribute

i agree threads get jacked though. usually boils down to the subject or the OP

"dont bother worrying about it, they've been doing for years and they'll fill this thread with "there is no clique".

Its so easy to make a list of the names, shame we can't put it up!"

I think its more a matter of some strong willed people not suffering fools on here and letting people know when they are being a donkey.

But I will humour you seeing you know so much about cliques how about you putting your definition of what a clique is.

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Before this thread gets pulled, as they all do, I will say what I always say.

There are cliques, there are trolls and there are new people. There are regulars and there are occasional posters. It's a community.

It's how you respond to it that makes the difference. I don't fit into any clique but I have been posting a lot since working from home so there may be those that think I am in one.

I hope you enjoyed the social.

"I dont agree with u, I am relatively new on here and have never felt there was a clique, have always been included by the group of people I assume to be regulars, have joined in and received some very positive messages, yes some of the threads do get hijacked, at times I am guilty of it too - but in the main I feel most people go along with the flow and the fun of the threads - if u dont continue to post then u wont get welcomed and will constantly feel you are an outsider in my opinion "

I agree. I only started posting a few months ago first on our couple profile then on my own. I don't feel 'part of the gang' but I don't feel like an outsider either. Sometimes it can feel a bit cliquey but I think that's just because people know each other from socials. I only know/ have met 2 other regular posters.

You have to join in to feel part of anything.

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

I'm not sure why people _iew the forums as some sort of club where they have to be accepted. I post when I want an opinion, or when I see a funny that would fit in with the theme of Fab. I comment wherever I want and really don't care if my opinions are accepted or not. I have good discussions with other forumites, and sometimes bad ones. But, apart from a breather from time to time, I use the forums as entertainment (seriously, it gets addictive) or as a place to go for advice or to facilitate a meet.

The forums are like a very slow form of chat - you just have to keep plugging away. But people saying they don't dare post because someone they don't know and probably will never meet has commented off topic is silly. Everyone has a right to post here. Just grow some thick skin.

Forums amuse me. That's why I'm here.

I don't write to be noticed, I write (like everyone else) to get my 2p in. If people agree or disagree with you, they'll make their presence felt. You don't have to reply and you can ignore anyone who makes you feel a certain way.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

this subject has come up a lot recently and I have to say that in my experience despite the fact that I've (F) tried to post as much as possible in the limited time I have it's a rare thing for anyone to reply of comment on anything I've said. It doesn't bother me evidenced by the fact that I still post lol but I can see how someone else might feel excluded. A bit like standing in the playground on your own while the popular girls stand in a huddle and chat.

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

"

Everyone there, bar none had tried the forums but each and every one said the same thing - they just get blanked or don't feel part of the clique so gave up on them . That's couples , single girls and guys - so once again I reiterate - how do the regulars on here feel about this ?

Well for a start it makes little sense what you are saying no the above points. Most of the forum users of old go to socials so why would they say it about themselves?

Secondly there are hundreds of new forum users. I have been away for 3 months and recognise less than 50% of the forum regulars so it really blows your theory out of the water on new forum users. "

Spot on.... the number of regular forum users, the so called "clique", changes certainly month by month, how do I know?

Well, we've been on here for over three years, and a very regular contributor to the forums for that long, so I guess you could say I would know!!

This whole clique business is complete bollox, if peeps cant get established its for a number of reasons, the most common being either too thin-skinned to take criticism, or too opinionated to be able to f_nction in a forum where a well-reasoned counterpoint leaves them no room to manouevre.

So... "straight ahead, and damn the torpedoes!!".... its down to you if you crash and burn... if you are friendly, open-minded and halfway sane (I'm nearly there, they let me write with crayons now!) then their is a good chance you will fit in.... as for the rest.... well, bon voyage... have fun, see ya later crocagator!!!

I just post outta interest to others...if it gets me a shag ...am even more happy lol

"

I think its more a matter of some strong willed people not suffering fools on here and letting people know when they are being a donkey. "

Is that your opinion? So it's ok as long as they think the op is a donkey??

Very enlightening...

Forum Mod

Bloody hell the last thing I want to be talking about at any socials is an internet forum,I want to have a laugh not be depressed

I agree with Doctor Rock,I think its only when you have been away and come back that you realise that the forum is really fluid and full of different people from the last time you looked

The clique thing will never go away ever regardless of who people assume is in it or who the regulars are at that particular moment in time

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

I've been posting on here since the forums started. Don't feel part of a clique, have people that I interact with more, some I ignore, some interact with me, some ignore me.

But I post because I enjoy it, not to big myself up, just to enoy.

As has been said we were all new at some point, you just have to persist, try hijacking a thread yourself, no one will mind, well they might, but do what I do, ignore and JUST ENJOY

By *awty nannaWoman  over a year ago

sheffield

I dont post often, but dont feel like is a clique, I just put my 2p when I like the subject, or if something relevant to me !!

if I was gonna talk about forums at a social I think I'd say.." hi, I think I've seen u on the forums.I disagreed with u on a few things.In fact u sounded like a right arsehole.However...lets FUCK!"

By *abloBackMan  over a year ago

London

For many newbies posting it can be a daunting experience to post, especially if they see the clique round on somebody. I have been around forums for a very long time and nothing fazes me.

All I can say to them is to post away and enjoy.

There are many great and fun people on here, concentrate on them and the positives

Compared to some sci-fi forums, this one is easy!

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

yawn.........

OP, I showed your thread the same respect as you did one I started this morning focusing on the positives of the Olympics.

We all have opinions on things, it is often how we choose to express them that give off a positive or negative feel for this place.

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

and I posted yesterday that there have been more new posters, thread starters and good banter over the last few weeks,

so a huge to all the new posters...

It is great just sitting back and watching it.. keep it up

By *eavy Metal BallzMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

I think that a new poster has to have a thick skin and a hard hat, seen posters get blasted for bad grammar and spelling.

The forums can turn hostile very quickly too, I know everybody has a _iew to express but!!!!

I’ve been posting on the forums for some time, on and off. I would say that 95% of my posts never get a response (though a very rarely start threads these days). It doesn’t bother me – I post because a feel I want to; maybe something on topic, maybe taking the piss, whatever. It’s a public forum and anyone on the site has a right to post what they want (within reason and the rules etc).

The clique debates have been done to death and some threads on the subject get vicious (and some have been redacted they got that bad). But who cares if there is a clique or not? I don’t actively need go out of my way to gain validation from a b_nch of complete strangers.

Just get on and post if you want to and everyone else can either join in or not.

Opinions are like arseholes - everybody has one; and the last time I checked it was still legal to fart in public.

"I think that a new poster has to have a thick skin and a hard hat, seen posters get blasted for bad grammar and spelling.

The forums can turn hostile very quickly too, I know everybody has a _iew to express but!!!!"

I think it can feel like that sometimes just because of the technology and timelag. I see a comment and respond and by the time I press post there have been 10 other comments along similar lines. Then there will be one that takes it in a different direction and the new contributors are 'rounded on'.

By *rs and mr sanddancerCouple  over a year ago

Boldon

I post fairly regularly these days especially as i'm not working - a lot of my comments get ignored but some are quoted. I've put some peoples backs up (unintentionally - reading back on some can see why ) but i've also made friends and recently met a regular forumite and told him that whilst i don't agree with some of the stuff he posts, i find his posts amusing. I might even get to play with him next time.

I usually post when I feel i have something to add - and yes - even I have been guilty of joining in on an occasional hijack!

just stick with it - i have

View - fair point

I will take that on the chin , but I have felt somewhat disillusioned too recently so at the time the yawn seems to sum it up !

As fir discussing the forum at a social - would have thought that was perfectly relevant ?

Dr black - thanks so much for your input !

It's great to gave so many _iews and hopefully some if the folk from Wednesday will read and perhaps contribute too

"yawn.........

OP, I showed your thread the same respect as you did one I started this morning focusing on the positives of the Olympics.

We all have opinions on things, it is often how we choose to express them that give off a positive or negative feel for this place."

I have just green ticked re_iewed and it often makes interesting reading going back. There does seem to be a distinct desire to flame from some people.

weve found this a friendly place, does that mean we are part of the clique.

cool never been in one before

"weve found this a friendly place, does that mean we are part of the clique.

cool never been in one before "

I'm in a clique of one.

i wanna be in the cool kids group

"

Opinions are like arseholes - everybody has one; and the last time I checked it was still legal to fart in public.

"

Actually snorted with laughter I'm meant to be very very busy at work

"yawn.........

We all have opinions on things, it is often how we choose to express them that give off a positive or negative feel for this place.

I have just green ticked re_iewed and it often makes interesting reading going back. There does seem to be a distinct desire to flame from some people. "

ooo, now I know what this is from another thread your post has made me use it for the first time. Now I know the posts we have in common and the many more we have never crossed paths on.

But I am now feeling ignored by the OP

was hoping they was going to be something juicy happening at these socials for a minute there haha

"yawn.........

I have just green ticked re_iewed and it often makes interesting reading going back. There does seem to be a distinct desire to flame from some people.

ooo, now I know what this is from another thread your post has made me use it for the first time. Now I know the posts we have in common and the many more we have never crossed paths on.

But I am now feeling ignored by the OP "

The last 35 posts if recent can tell You a fair bit about mindset and forum intentions. Some are here for fun, others for fun at others expense and the odd few to disrupt others fun. Saying that I have met people at socials and they are totally different to their on line persona's.

Am too individual for cliques, and do not have a burning desire to 'belong' or adopt the herd mentality. To be part of a community is sufficient.

Wolf

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

I wouldn;t want to be in a clique that would have me in it

By *xscotMan  over a year ago

Kingston

I treat all posts on forums equally - If I am interested and have something to say - I will do so.

Yes there are peoples names that you recognise - sometimes I agree with them - sometimes not

sometimes (usually) my comments are ignored sometimes they provoke a response. But then that is the nature of the forums.

The conclusion of this is - if you are interested post it and do not worry about others

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"yawn.........

I have just green ticked re_iewed and it often makes interesting reading going back. There does seem to be a distinct desire to flame from some people. "

indeed and when you have been around as long as us, no need to green arrowed.... you get to know.

Dr Rock makes a point that why would they talk about themselves regarding a clque - that's precisely the point I was making - they would have been very happy to contribute but felt it a futile pastime because of the existing clique !

Personally I don't mind it - I dont feel part of it but it doesn't stop me posting and contributing - but I would love more folk to be a part of it .

"Dr Rock makes a point that why would they talk about themselves regarding a clque - that's precisely the point I was making - they would have been very happy to contribute but felt it a futile pastime because of the existing clique !

Personally I don't mind it - I dont feel part of it but it doesn't stop me posting and contributing - but I would love more folk to be a part of it .

"

Here's a thought. Lets get all the people who don't post in the forums to start posting - starting topics, making posts and answering each other.

Soon, like the collapse of a neutron star, the sheer gravity or all the posts and discussions will draw in old forum hands, newbies, even the huddled masses who hid in the shadows will be drawn into the one single massive clique that is an unstoppable, all encompassing behemoth!

"Dr Rock makes a point that why would they talk about themselves regarding a clque - that's precisely the point I was making - they would have been very happy to contribute but felt it a futile pastime because of the existing clique !

Here's a thought. Lets get all the people who don't post in the forums to start posting - starting topics, making posts and answering each other.

Soon, like the collapse of a neutron star, the sheer gravity or all the posts and discussions will draw in old forum hands, newbies, even the huddled masses who hid in the shadows will be drawn into the one single massive clique that is an unstoppable, all encompassing behemoth!"

like the black holes radiation...it'll be like a fecal fart in space

By *aceytopWoman  over a year ago

from a town near you

my housemate agent provocateur has just started posting and is having a blast,she has a very strange sense of humour sometimes,and some people have picked up on it some havent,however she just keeps posting,is loving it and hasnt felt left out or ignored

to be fair if she was ignored it wouldnt bother her.

iv been on quite a while now and most of the people who were on when i joined have gone ,and been replaced by new people now

there are some that have been on for ages and still are,its only natural for them to respond to each other,people make friends on here meet up and have things in common

its basicely what you make of it

Have fun, keep posting,most of mine get ignored but i still come on everyday

"my housemate agent provocateur has just started posting and is having a blast,she has a very strange sense of humour sometimes,and some people have picked up on it some havent,however she just keeps posting,is loving it and hasnt felt left out or ignored

iv been on quite a while now and most of the people who were on when i joined have gone ,and been replaced by new people now

there are some that have been on for ages and still are,its only natural for them to respond to each other,people make friends on here meet up and have things in common

Have fun, keep posting,most of mine get ignored but i still come on everyday "

can we have an MFF???? phooaaarrrr

from a town near you

"my housemate agent provocateur has just started posting and is having a blast,she has a very strange sense of humour sometimes,and some people have picked up on it some havent,however she just keeps posting,is loving it and hasnt felt left out or ignored

Have fun, keep posting,most of mine get ignored but i still come on everyday

can we have an MFF???? phooaaarrrr "

in your dreams Paddy

"

I think you misunderstood me, I was pointing out that at nearly all socials there will be forum users and that I couldn't see them talking negatively to you about themselves.

The clique theory is vastly misguided that its one body when its not. This has been discussed on a number of occasions at the Friday night club and there seems to be somewhere between 4 and 7 so called groups or cliques who regularly use the forums with peripheral people who flit between groups. Its really more about friendships rather than negativity. It is similar to a social to some extent. You get groups of people who know each other and sit round a table with others round another table and so on and also happens in a normal pub. To think that total strangers fir into groups upon meeting is a little unnatural. I do wonder if upon entering a group of people already present if its realistic to be welcomed by everyone? After all when was the last time you entered a pub and everyone immaculately was over familiar with you and you ended up in a huge hand holding circle.

The reality is it takes time and its a slow process to form friendships in real life and this spills over onto forums.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

This has stayed civilised up to now which is good as then newies and regulars alike can see what people think.

1. Mentioning a clique as a derogatry term will offend people....which in turn will mean they will comment.

2. Join in.

3. There are lots of newbies quite happily joining in.

4. No one is gauranteed a reply.

5. A few people disagreeing with a poster doesn't make a clique.

6. There are some people who have met each other, but not all.

7. People do banter with the people they get on well with.

8. Join in.

9. Not sure at a social I would want to be discussing a forum, I would much rather be figuring out what the people are like in real life.

9. Join in.

10. Enjoy, and if you can't, maybe these forums are not for you.

Soon, like the collapse of a neutron star, the sheer gravity or all the posts and discussions will draw in old forum hands, newbies, even the huddled masses who hid in the shadows will be drawn into the one single massive clique that is an unstoppable, all encompassing behemoth!

like the black holes radiation...it'll be like a fecal fart in space"

In space, no one can hear you parp...

I'm new.

Just a forum to me with tits, arses and cocks on show.

like the black holes radiation...it'll be like a fecal fart in space

In space, no one can hear you parp..."

remind me not to share a space capsule with you!!!

By *ovedupstillCouple  over a year ago

mullinwire

dunno if im part of this clique or not, tbh, but personally, i dont see usernames when replying/posting on a thread, so generally i do treat everyone the same.

however, if there is a thread made by certain people on here, i am more leaned towards reading and getting involved on that because of past experiences, and conversly, i would avoid for the same reason.

so, all you gotta do is prick my interest and i will converse, bore me or post shite and you wont lol.

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

if people know people from the forum its obvious they will discuss some aspects of it, likes, dislikes etc, as that is their immediate thing in common,apart from swinging,any forumite who says they never have is a fibber

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

I do agree about the hijack part. I am probably one of the worst. But it's a fine line, you post something relevant but with maybe a different angle. Someone else replies with a funny, and before you know it your completely off topic.

Don't think it's anything against the person who started the thread.

from a town near you

i quite like the hijacked ones they can be realy entertaining

"I do agree about the hijack part. I am probably one of the worst. But it's a fine line, you post something relevant but with maybe a different angle. Someone else replies with a funny, and before you know it your completely off topic.

Don't think it's anything against the person who started the thread. "

I hijack threads normally changing it to something sexual...or making an advance on someone I like..if it annoys anyone...hahahah...

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"I do agree about the hijack part. I am probably one of the worst. But it's a fine line, you post something relevant but with maybe a different angle. Someone else replies with a funny, and before you know it your completely off topic.

Don't think it's anything against the person who started the thread. "

a thread isnt someones individual property, once its up there it can go alsorts of ways

Another problem might be that there are some people on the forums who have been here for a long time and see the same topics brought up over and over again. It might be worth it if people new to forums do a search before they post anything they need a serious opinion on because more often than not its come up several times before.

In Your Bush

"This has stayed civilised up to now which is good as then newies and regulars alike can see what people think.

1. Mentioning a clique as a derogatry term will offend people....which in turn will mean they will comment.

2. Join in.

8. Join in.

9. Not sure at a social I would want to be discussing a forum, I would much rather be figuring out what the people are like in real life.

9. Join in.

10. Enjoy, and if you can't, maybe these forums are not for you."

You can't count ! You can't count !

Don't think it's anything against the person who started the thread. a thread isnt someones individual property, once its up there it can go alsorts of ways "

anal?

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"This has stayed civilised up to now which is good as then newies and regulars alike can see what people think.

2. Join in.

8. Join in.

9. Join in.

You can't count ! You can't count ! "

Fuck me....I did two nines !!

In Your Bush

2. Join in.

8. Join in.

9. Join in.

Fuck me....I did two nines !! "

To be honest that sounds a pretty fair punishment

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Haha, depending on who is doing it depends on which way I would be gettinf fucked I bet

2. Join in.

8. Join in.

9. Join in.

Fuck me....I did two nines !! "

99? Does that come with a flake?

"Haha, depending on who is doing it depends on which way I would be gettinf fucked I bet "

by the sounds of ur spelling and counting errors ruggers..I think ur masturbating already!

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"if people know people from the forum its obvious they will discuss some aspects of it, likes, dislikes etc, as that is their immediate thing in common,apart from swinging,any forumite who says they never have is a fibber "

I am guessing if you all meet at socials it would be a passing comment? To go round everyone who is at a social to see what they think of the forums isn't much of a social.

Maybe I am glad we do more intimate meets with people who don't use the forums.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Haha, depending on who is doing it depends on which way I would be gettinf fucked I bet

by the sounds of ur spelling and counting errors ruggers..I think ur masturbating already!"

Nothing so much fun.....I had my nails done and I am trying not to chip them while typing

By *ncMan  over a year ago

Dudley

I don't want to belong to any clique that would have a person like me as a member!

(With apologies to G. Marx)

I was new here not so long ago and was never made to feel unwelcome. I've also never noticed a clique.

"I was new here not so long ago and was never made to feel unwelcome. I've also never noticed a clique."

thats cos we keep it to ourselves.

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman  over a year ago

Deviant City

I'm a bit of a newbie to the forums, see a lot of regular people, I just try and join in on various threads with my _iews, opinions, etc etc and I may not get noticed but I'm enjoying my time on here.

In Your Bush

"Haha, depending on who is doing it depends on which way I would be gettinf fucked I bet

by the sounds of ur spelling and counting errors ruggers..I think ur masturbating already!

Nothing so much fun.....I had my nails done and I am trying not to chip them while typing "

OP do you see my point? 2 or 3 errant posts and the thread is completely off topic

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"I'm a bit of a newbie to the forums, see a lot of regular people, I just try and join in on various threads with my _iews, opinions, etc etc and I may not get noticed but I'm enjoying my time on here. "

welcome x

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"I was new here not so long ago and was never made to feel unwelcome. I've also never noticed a clique."

welcome

"I'm a bit of a newbie to the forums, see a lot of regular people, I just try and join in on various threads with my _iews, opinions, etc etc and I may not get noticed but I'm enjoying my time on here. "

if u had a pussy avatar shot I'd comment to u more xxxx

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

hijacked threads do my complete nut in but you do get to see personality that sometimes you miss in someone on other threads..

"hijacked threads do my complete nut in but you do get to see personality that sometimes you miss in someone on other threads.."

Sometimes an apparent hijack is just an evolution...

To OP, at your next social please tell all those who tried and ran away, to try again, but answer a read a few topics before posting a question of their own... getting a feel for the place you are in, before shouting out for attention is generally a good way of getting on in life.

In response to rugby - i agree with all comments except that your opinion on subject matter at a social wouldn't be forums .

It came up after I said to a lady that I had seen her post on the forums in the past - her response provoked fifteen negative comments from the group regarding the subject matter !

Of course we weigh up our potential next meet too - one could hardly call us inactive !!!!!

Is there a positive way to see a clique ?

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"In response to rugby - i agree with all comments except that your opinion on subject matter at a social wouldn't be forums .

It came up after I said to a lady that I had seen her post on the forums in the past - her response provoked fifteen negative comments from the group regarding the subject matter !

Of course we weigh up our potential next meet too - one could hardly call us inactive !!!!!

Is there a positive way to see a clique ? "

No and probably why people use it as an insult.

It wasn't that the subject about forums wouldn't be commented on at a social, it was the comments of everyone at the social commented on it....a bit like a survey. That must have been a big chunk of the socialising time wise.

As I say, I think we will stick to more intimate meets where we do what we are meeting for

"Is there a positive way to see a clique ? "

A part of life and communities of interest.

I dont post as often on the forums, due to not having the same time, I dont know very many on the forums now, but will always post on something I find interesting or amusing.

Some people will have already meet each other at socials ect, so they will interact more with some than others. Thats the way of every social site you come across.

Havnt read the whole thread, so maybe adding what soemone else has written

Newbies on the forums are strangers in a strange land.

The same can be said for the chat rooms.

Spending time in the forums, taking time to read all the posts and replies, you soon get to know how things work.

Rule number 1. NEVER take the forums seriously, they are there for fun.

Most of the posters respond to threads depending what mood they are in and how they have decyphered the messages posted.

Rule number 2. Have fun! Don't take the forums seriously, they are there for fun!

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

I think I wrote most of what I had to say in the last couple of threads on the same topic which got taken down so I will try and keep it brief....

I think that the forums tend to get it more right than wrong... After all would people want to contribute to a forum that was dead?

Not everyone is going to agree with what is said... Otherwise it would be boring...

The fact that the forums are so robust is a good thing and that ppl get points across for the most part with resorting to abuse... Like to think of then as a higher class of chat as ppl have time to think about what they write..

And forum ppl do go to clubs and socials.. I have a gum shield and cricket box for all occasions when I meet the public.. You never know who you have upset! Lol

By *reelove1969Couple  over a year ago

bristol

fairly new to forums as well meself and have to say .. only find them very entertaining !

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

here's my take on the whole clique thing

yes there are a group of people who know each other, either from regular posting or from actually meeting (shock horror ). It stands to reason that these people are going to have banter with each other and why shouldnt they?

i do feel that on some threads there is a very stand off attitude from some regular posters (and lurkers when they feel a bit brave!)

I personally have been posting on these forums for years now but sometimes i feel ignored and overlooked by those who are able to be online more often than me but do i turn round and say fuck it and moan about cliques? nope...i just keep posting and hope someone notice me lol

pror to fab i have never ever bothered with forums and didnt know how they worked etc there were a few tough times, my first thread got blown out of the water lol

people do eed to realise that there are a lot of posters on the forums and we cant roll out the red carpet for every new person

plus some dont really help themselves by posting stupid/offensive first posts

"here's my take on the whole clique thing

yes there are a group of people who know each other, either from regular posting or from actually meeting (shock horror ). It stands to reason that these people are going to have banter with each other and why shouldnt they?

i do feel that on some threads there is a very stand off attitude from some regular posters (and lurkers when they feel a bit brave!)

I personally have been posting on these forums for years now but sometimes i feel ignored and overlooked by those who are able to be online more often than me but do i turn round and say fuck it and moan about cliques? nope...i just keep posting and hope someone notice me lol

pror to fab i have never ever bothered with forums and didnt know how they worked etc there were a few tough times, my first thread got blown out of the water lol

people do eed to realise that there are a lot of posters on the forums and we cant roll out the red carpet for every new person

plus some dont really help themselves by posting stupid/offensive first posts "

i realy cant agree more with you gal.....

Get stuck in. Why care what people think of your posts?

a lot of people have commented that their posts are ignored.....well this doesnt apply to everyone but there are not usualy infinate opinions on most subjects....if you post an opinion which has been stated before well it wont stand out and so probably wont be commented on. Not that this should stop you but that is a thought.......

London

The pack turned nasty last week and somebody subsequently left here. They had very little support from regular posters who claimed there is no clique.

"I'm new.

Just a forum to me with tits, arses and cocks on show."

And u made a new friends too xx

"The pack turned nasty last week and somebody subsequently left here. They had very little support from regular posters who claimed there is no clique. "

I've been here 7months on this profile, I stil feel like a newbie but have messaged and had messages of quite a few regular posters!

If u were to look at my friends list these days u would see a lot of them are forumites from lands far away! I just enjoy chatting with interesting people and I have found quite a few really nice people on these forums.

Occasionally I have pm'd people to quietly explained my side of a thread that was going haywire and it's always been well received

Its like a family, u got what u got, u can't choose the people here u just have to take what u want from it and ignore the stuff u don't

Hope that makes sence

By *r mrs pCouple  over a year ago

taunton

can we please stop talking about cliques as we always spell it incorrectly,blimey did we get it right lol.

ps,if you think there is a clique here venture into s/west chat room lol.

"can we please stop talking about cliques as we always spell it incorrectly,blimey did we get it right lol.

ps,if you think there is a clique here venture into s/west chat room lol."

Amen

By *acktilMan  over a year ago

Tewkesbury

Clique what clique.

Ops should have put that in the put downs thread.

We are planning to join the carnal team clique tonight ! Lol

By *ounghornycouple1988Couple  over a year ago

bathgate

"Forums amuse me. That's why I'm here.

I don't write to be noticed, I write (like everyone else) to get my 2p in. If people agree or disagree with you, they'll make their presence felt. You don't have to reply and you can ignore anyone who makes you feel a certain way.

"

By *ushandkittyCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

Completely agree with OP as I was there at the social

and see you later then lol

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

Having been in chat, the forums and socials, they are all cliquey at times. ( cliquey as not always the most welcoming to new people). Lessons there for everyone to be honest.

I have sat through a few miserable socials with the warring fractions from chat giving the evils to each other.

evesham

"The pack turned nasty last week and somebody subsequently left here. They had very little support from regular posters who claimed there is no clique. "

who was that then? the only people i have seen that have left was one that said we should all go out and volunteer instead of wasting our time on here and another that started a thread saying that fat ugly mingers shouldnt have preferences

i actually stood up for the first one and got it thrown back in my face so new OP's arent always welcoming to the forums....it works both ways you know!

forums are like entering a group of friends mid conversation. if you did that in a pub and jumped up and down demanding attenton you'd likely get a slap lol

perseverence is what you need and maybe a bit of cheek here and there

London

It's not for me to name names and most of the regular posters on here know what happened. I hope the posters who did take part are satisfied in driving somebody away

Some people do take what is said on here to heart and are affected

That's my final word on this matter

evesham

"It's not for me to name names and most of the regular posters on here know what happened. I hope the posters who did take part are satisfied in driving somebody away

That's my final word on this matter"

i dont think its ever anyones sole intention to drive someone away.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

My take on it is that we're all more friendly with some people than others, it's just a natural affinity we develop.

In the forums, I just contribute if I think I've something to add, and would encourage others to do so, even if they think there's some sort of clique going on.

The diversion away from the questioners theme is another point, and it must get frustrating for some, when they're trying to raise or find something out etc.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Now that sounds like fun View !!

I am the first to acknowledge that threads and posters go OTT at times and have said so on many threads over the years.

Sometimes threads get deleted because of the reaction to the OP rather then OP itself and newbies and even regulars have been put off from posting because of it.

I have also seen the forums at their best when someone has a problem or genuine query to something, the advice given is second to none from the same people who get accused of being in a pack or a clique.

Do I think regulars at times should cut some slack to people who post, no matter what the subject? Yes I do....we were all new once and maybe need advice or even given food for thought.

Do I think people should join in rather than sit back and wait for people to come to them? Yes I do.

Mutual respect is the key I think...you can't go far wrong then.

........ each and every one said the same thing - they just get blanked or don't feel part of the clique so gave up on them . That's couples , single girls and guys - so once again I reiterate - how do the regulars on here feel about this ?

I feel everyones welcome here and people have to give things time and just get to know people and mix in thats what forums about.. some do just post on there friends posts in forums ..... some do blank others but saying that theres some lovely lovely people here and caring people and thay out number the clicky people. I tell you if i am worried ever about stuff i post here And 9 out of 10 i get the truth ... And thay put up with my crap spellings and grammer but when i have been in need the forum people have been there for me.

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"if people know people from the forum its obvious they will discuss some aspects of it, likes, dislikes etc, as that is their immediate thing in common,apart from swinging,any forumite who says they never have is a fibber

I am guessing if you all meet at socials it would be a passing comment? To go round everyone who is at a social to see what they think of the forums isn't much of a social.

Maybe I am glad we do more intimate meets with people who don't use the forums. "

I didnt say i go round and do a survey on what people thought of the forums i was getting at people being a bit more honest and say they are of course mentioned especially at a social when so many of the forumites attend.....they are a great way to meet and socialise with people that you banter with on the forums, ie put names to faces, sometimes you can be pleasantly surprised sometimes not so

I agree that its no ones intention to drive anyone away........

Should the regulars wind their necks in at times? perhaps....

Should newbies grow thicker skins? for the most part i do think so.....

Are there organised cliques? IMHO absolutely not.......

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"if people know people from the forum its obvious they will discuss some aspects of it, likes, dislikes etc, as that is their immediate thing in common,apart from swinging,any forumite who says they never have is a fibber

Maybe I am glad we do more intimate meets with people who don't use the forums. I didnt say i go round and do a survey on what people thought of the forums D"

I don't believe I said you did?

I was commenting more on what the OP wrote.

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Maybe I am glad we do more intimate meets with people who don't use the forums. I didnt say i go round and do a survey on what people thought of the forums D

I was commenting more on what the OP wrote. "

maybe you should have typed wouldnt be much of a social, to which i would have agreed, saying isnt implies its done

"

I have also seen the forums at their best when someone has a problem or genuine query to something, the advice given is second to none from the same people who get accused of being in a pack or a clique.

"

Sorry for chopping up your comment but that's the bit I liked.

Lately there have been some really nice threads with nice and really helpful comments. I like banter but I REALLY like it when people get on.

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

I do sort of know what you mean, as when i first started in joining the forums, it was a bit intimidating, however, I normally only voice my opinion, if the subject is the same old shite, or if someone says something so stupid or tedious (like the last couple of nights) If it doesn't catch my attention or means bugger all to me, I wont bother!

But I do find them humourous and addictive, but to all new comers, just join in, it can be fun, and you will start to learn who is who (but as with anything, thick skin required at times)

taunton

can we start a newbies clique

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Maybe I am glad we do more intimate meets with people who don't use the forums. I didnt say i go round and do a survey on what people thought of the forums D

I was commenting more on what the OP wrote. maybe you should have typed wouldnt be much of a social, to which i would have agreed, saying isnt implies its done "

thats ok, I don't need you to agree with me

"can we start a newbies clique "

only if ur profiles been on 10mins...any later than that and ur out

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

Sorry for chopping up your comment but that's the bit I liked.

Lately there have been some really nice threads with nice and really helpful comments. I like banter but I REALLY like it when people get on. "

I agree, there was one thread once that was a really serious query.... the forum were in a piss taking mood on lots of threads and I thought uh oh....but all the answers to the thread were helpful to the OP from newbies and regulars alike.

dirtybigbadsgirlville

I was commenting more on what the OP wrote. maybe you should have typed wouldnt be much of a social, to which i would have agreed, saying isnt implies its done

thats ok, I don't need you to agree with me "

good

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

there has been a good thread asking for advise posted by a guy who is married... great debate...

and now a thread about cliques, great debate...

must be the olympic spirit

taunton

"can we start a newbies clique

only if ur profiles been on 10mins...any later than that and ur out"

bugger byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

It seems to me that newbies to the forum come with a burning question or a seething rant. Unfortunately they don't realize that the same question or rant appears regularly - why or how would they? They're new to the forum! They have only just discovered there is a forum let alone how to search it.

And because the regulars are a bit jaded and possibly fed up of the same stuff appearing every five mins it becomes open season for the world weary and the hijackers.

I'm not laying blame with either side - I've been in both positions myself.

I'm still here cos I'm gobby and like to stick my twopennorth in.

when I was a newbie I was also witness to one of those threads which is bewildering to an outsider; someone had a deep personal issue, brought it here and got amazing help and support from virtual friends and strangers alike. I watched and read and thought I want to be part of that.

So I sharpened my elbows and dug in! I made mistakes and got shot down, I've posted.threads and noones answered, but I'm still here. I've met a few at socials, met a couple one on one, and some I will never meet even if I want to. But whoever described it as a community not a clique is right. Just think of it as the gang down the pub: sometimes you have to shout to be heard, sometimes you'll have the piss taken out of you, sometimes you'll all band together and give someone a hug.

By *amschwingerzCouple  over a year ago

West

"Hi guys

We don't normally attend socials , but on Wednesday we made an exception and tbh it wad quite an eye opener !

Aside from how friendly everyone was and how the time just flew by - it is the following which really emphasises a point I have often made since joining the forums on fab .

Everyone there , bar none had tried the forums but each and every one said the same thing - they just get blanked or don't feel part of the clique so gave up on them . That's couples , single girls and guys - so once again I reiterate - how do the regulars on here feel about this ?

How often threads get hijacked by regulars and the original point is lost is far too often .

Give us all a break and it surely would be a much better experience for all - even if you don't recognise the op try making some positive comment instead of ignoring or hijacking the thread ? It can't hurt can it ? "

Totally agree..we have been using the forums for about two years..two things we have always noticed..

1 When a newish poster pipes up about being let down or messed around its all, 'deal with it' 'move on' 'tough, get over it'...when its a regular it tea and sympathy..

2. Contributions to threads by newbies are mostly ignored while some of the regulars who will post the same thing more or less will have a response..

We have always held with the _iew that the best way to deal with a clique is to join it..unfortunately thats not always easy on here...and even harder

in the chatrooms..

But on the whole..we still find the forums better and plan to stick around..whether we are ignored or not.

By *arnayguyMan  over a year ago

Durham Tees

I don't feel there is a clique as such. To me there are some who regularly contribute and some who regularly post. There are a few, often close to one another regionally, who obviously have met and maybe played. I don't feel left out just because I don't know them. Good luck to them. I don't know anyone in the forums but it doesn't bother me. It is just one way I can communicate on here and as a single guy with all the usual stats that go with that group, I like the fact I can communicate when other communication, eg messages, generally go unanswered.

I will admit that some of my posts are jokey and some take the piss, but none of it is malicious. I just like to inject a bit of humour some times. Hopefully I don't offend with any posts and I'm sorry if I do. But it would amuse me if anyone thought I was one of those in the clique when I don't know anyone else in it.

It's not all that bad on here OP. I love it. I'm a regular poster (perhaps the perception would be I am part of some sort of clique?).

I'm not in anyones clique although I enjoy a bit of banter with other regulars .......and newbies

http://www.fabswingers.com/forum/lounge/103556

One question: How can I (or anyone) respond to no (a lurker not posting) or negative (newbie/regular) posts?

A point I'll make is that I often find myself nodding/laughing/shaking my head/grinning like a tool/crying/cursing/rolling my eyes.... but I don't re-quote folk EVERY time. If I did, most of you would be rolling your eyes, shaking your heads and muttering "I wish Frockles would shut the fuck up"

I wish people would chill a little more and feel free to post as they wish (within the rules of course lol).

In Your Bush

Quiet Frockles your waffling

"It's not all that bad on here OP. I love it. I'm a regular poster (perhaps the perception would be I am part of some sort of clique?).

I'm not in anyones clique although I enjoy a bit of banter with other regulars .......and newbies

One question: How can I (or anyone) respond to no (a lurker not posting) or negative (newbie/regular) posts?

A point I'll make is that I often find myself nodding/laughing/shaking my head/grinning like a tool/crying/cursing/rolling my eyes.... but I don't re-quote folk EVERY time. If I did, most of you would be rolling your eyes, shaking your heads and muttering "I wish Frockles would shut the fuck up"

I wish people would chill a little more and feel free to post as they wish (within the rules of course lol).

"

Just read the whole thread and my eyes are bleeding!

Put in what you want to get out. Be nice but recognise the difference between abuse, humour (black or otherwise), constuctive criticism, friendly banter and obvious whinging.

And if you start a thread and think it's being hijacked - own it and try to get it back on track rather than just give up and use the usual 'it's a clique thing' excuse.

I love the forums. I don't treat anyone differently whether I think they've been here an age or a day. And if anyone takes offence to something i've posted in jest - i'm truly sorry!

Now all of you go post something amusing and get a sense of humour FFS!

"Quiet Frockles your waffling "

Only one way to shut me up

"It's not all that bad on here OP. I love it. I'm a regular poster (perhaps the perception would be I am part of some sort of clique?).

Just read the whole thread and my eyes are bleeding!

Put in what you want to get out. Be nice but recognise the difference between abuse, humour (black or otherwise), constuctive criticism, friendly banter and obvious whinging.

And if you start a thread and think it's being hijacked - own it and try to get it back on track rather than just give up and use the usual 'it's a clique thing' excuse.

I love the forums. I don't treat anyone differently whether I think they've been here an age or a day. And if anyone takes offence to something i've posted in jest - i'm truly sorry!

Now all of you go post something amusing and get a sense of humour FFS! "

Fancy a shag my lovely?

He he he he he he he he some arses twitching _ncomfortably by the looks of it.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

Merseyside

[Removed by poster at 27/07/12 22:51:11]

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

Merseyside

"It's not for me to name names and most of the regular posters on here know what happened. I hope the posters who did take part are satisfied in driving somebody away

That's my final word on this matter"

It isn't possible for anyone to know why they left.

It's very easy to make the pieces fit the way you want them to.

I've been a member now for must be 4 year, certainly not in any clique and in fact very rarely quoted (so, ignored?) in the forums.

I think a lot comes down to perception and expectation of the forums as a new poster.

Will agree though that some actions/comments can be predictable but that comes with familiarity.

Though I wouldn't use the term clique, I can see how an 'outsider' may _iew it that way.

By *els_BellsWoman  over a year ago

with the moon n stars somewhere in gtr manc

I admit, when I first started reading/posting forums, I thought "f**k me, they're all sat round the same computer in a swinging club!" as I felt I was stepping in on a gang I wasn't welcome in.

After messaging a couple of people from forums and reading forums (aka lurking ) I have realised, it's not a clique.

Some people know each other personally, some people know each others _iews on certain topics etc.

And now, I am not a regular poster, and am well n truly in my own gang (so to speak) I have realised that those perceived as being in 'the clique' actually do disagree from time to time.

I personally, dislike the spelling/grammar police as much as the smart arse police.

My advice is treat others with respect no matter new, old or indifferent!

As for the old 'imagine you were in a pub, would you just butt in?' type of response, well no I wouldnt, but this isnt a pub! it is an online forum!

Happy posting to all old, new n indifferent

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"I admit, when I first started reading/posting forums, I thought "f**k me, they're all sat round the same computer in a swinging club!" as I felt I was stepping in on a gang I wasn't welcome in.

After messaging a couple of people from forums and reading forums (aka lurking ) I have realised, it's not a clique.

Some people know each other personally, some people know each others _iews on certain topics etc.

And now, I am not a regular poster, and am well n truly in my own gang (so to speak) I have realised that those perceived as being in 'the clique' actually do disagree from time to time.

I personally, dislike the spelling/grammar police as much as the smart arse police.

My advice is treat others with respect no matter new, old or indifferent!

As for the old 'imagine you were in a pub, would you just butt in?' type of response, well no I wouldnt, but this isnt a pub! it is an online forum!

Happy posting to all old, new n indifferent "

great post x

"He he he he he he he he some arses twitching _ncomfortably by the looks of it. "

how did you know I had piles?

"

Happy posting to all old, new n indifferent

great post x"

thanks _iew x

That's my final word on this matter

"

Croc of crap if you know someone and talk to them they can tell you exactly why they left isn't possible is possible. I know at least 3 who have left and told me later why they left

"He he he he he he he he some arses twitching _ncomfortably by the looks of it.

how did you know I had piles?"

Never had em, how did you get yours?

"

Croc of crap if you know someone and talk to them they can tell you exactly why they left isn't possible is possible. I know at least 3 who have left and told me later why they left "

eh? sorry I'm a bit lost ron. sorry x

"

Croc of crap if you know someone and talk to them they can tell you exactly why they left isn't possible is possible. I know at least 3 who have left and told me later why they left

eh? sorry I'm a bit lost ron. sorry x"

Ok will do in Manc for ya.

Ya know arrr kid if somone leaves like.

Well arrr kid if you know that someone and talk to them they can tell you wyu they left like.

Ie the phrase "It isn't possible for anyone to know why they left" is like arrrr kid wrong..........Mad for it luv

Well I tried to do a bit of local for you

Thank you to each and every poster !

So much diversity and every opinion and thought is here for all to see - newbies , regulars and those who who may have dipped in and out of the forum !

As a footnote we went on a play night at the same club last night and ( yes rugby , even on a play night !!! ) upon chatting with a few of the same folk there may be a change of opinion as a result of this thread !

Thanks again and have fun !

"

eh? sorry I'm a bit lost ron. sorry x

Ok will do in Manc for ya.

Ya know arrr kid if somone leaves like.

Well arrr kid if you know that someone and talk to them they can tell you wyu they left like.

Ie the phrase "It isn't possible for anyone to know why they left" is like arrrr kid wrong..........Mad for it luv

Well I tried to do a bit of local for you"

lmao!!!!!

"everyone on these forums were new to them at one stage.. it takes a while to make an impact (unless your a numpty).. just join in and contribute as you feel like it.

"

change numpty to Cockwomble

By *gentprovocateurWoman  over a year ago

leeds

ive had fun on here, enjoy a joke and a tease, have been made welcome as a newbie i think i might have upset a couple of people with a wind up a couple of times but not intentionally apologies if so. have respect for everybody no matter what opinions people have as we are all at different stages of life and weve all been there or are heading that way. Thanks to all those whove been on here a while for including me its been a blast especially femme and paboblack x

evesham

"everyone on these forums were new to them at one stage.. it takes a while to make an impact (unless your a numpty).. just join in and contribute as you feel like it.

change numpty to Cockwomble "

London

"ive had fun on here, enjoy a joke and a tease, have been made welcome as a newbie i think i might have upset a couple of people with a wind up a couple of times but not intentionally apologies if so. have respect for everybody no matter what opinions people have as we are all at different stages of life and weve all been there or are heading that way. Thanks to all those whove been on here a while for including me its been a blast especially femme and paboblack x"

Not used to compliments

leeds

no its much more fun telling lies and insulting you. dont hold back give it all youve got Il give you a run for your money and win the war of insults Il change the profile pic so youve got more ammo xxx

London

The other pic fulfilled lots of fantasies and dreams where I nearly drowned in a sea of carnal delights, I yearn to travel the seven seas ( or the northern part of the M1 ) in a quest to meat you and devour your charms.

Fifty shades eat the flipping heart out

leeds

im sorry ive unintentionally hijacked the thread. quick somebody get it back on track!

London

This thread needs hijacking, they are all in denial anyway

leeds

thats not nice! withdraws compliment!

London

Too late I got it and I am keeping it

leeds

the opinions of the above poster are not shared by this person!

"Thank you to each and every poster !

So much diversity and every opinion and thought is here for all to see - newbies , regulars and those who who may have dipped in and out of the forum !

As a footnote we went on a play night at the same club last night and ( yes rugby , even on a play night !!! ) upon chatting with a few of the same folk there may be a change of opinion as a result of this thread !

Thanks again and have fun !

"

We like new people that post here xxx all welcome x

» Add a new message to this topic