FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Suped up cars

Suped up cars

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Whats the point of them? Why do people want huge noisy exhausts?

I live near a petrol station and hear them going up and down the road all of the time. I don't understand the attraction.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

"Whats the point of them? Why do people want huge noisy exhausts?

I live near a petrol station and hear them going up and down the road all of the time. I don't understand the attraction."

It's a boy racer thing. Its cool when you are late teens

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I live near a petrol station and hear them going up and down the road all of the time. I don't understand the attraction."

Its a hobby, passion, belonging to a club, they feel elitist, better, special. It builds up their confidence, inflates there ego and many other things. No I am not on about people who swing I am still on about people who modify their cars.

Passion and pleasure grabs us all in different ways.

With 8 cylinders it's pure music to the ears, with four cylinders it sounds like an amplified fart!

By *dinMan  over a year ago

Nr Biggleswade

Once had a whiplash ariel on my Cortina...Happy days....

I can understand wanting a nice car but the big noisy exhausts drive me nuts!

Exhausts that are race ready or wide bore, allow a cleaner more effeciant way of excess gas and exhaust gas to exit the engine ... Increasing power... There fore more bang for your buck. Sounds kak but gives them a extra 10-20 hp

"Once had a whiplash ariel on my Cortina...Happy days.... "

A 1600E with a 30ft ariel then?

Nr Biggleswade

"Once had a whiplash ariel on my Cortina...Happy days....

A 1600E with a 30ft ariel then? "

Best car ever...

"I can understand wanting a nice car but the big noisy exhausts drive me nuts!"

A real pain up the arse if they disturb your evening. Call the bizzies if they make a causing problems.

Best car ever..."

My dad had one with the black boot panel in purple. A class car it was.

"I can understand wanting a nice car but the big noisy exhausts drive me nuts!

A real pain up the arse if they disturb your evening. Call the bizzies if they make a causing problems. "

There are so many of them around this area for some reason. I would be on the phone to the bizzies all night if I wanted to complain. Just need to keep sleeping with the ear plugs in lol

By *hyguy 43Man  over a year ago

Swansea

I live near a petrol station and hear them going up and down the road all of the time. I don't understand the attraction.

Exhausts that are race ready or wide bore, allow a cleaner more effeciant way of excess gas and exhaust gas to exit the engine ... Increasing power... There fore more bang for your buck. Sounds kak but gives them a extra 10-20 hp"

But only if its a full exhaust the boy racers only fit a backbox so its all noise and no go

By *acreadCouple  over a year ago

central scotland

Its seeing guys in their 40s + driving around like kids in their cool modified cars that kills me.

I don't know how the young lads can afford it. I had some right crappy cars when I was young. In fact I still have one now lol.

Nr Biggleswade

Best car ever...

My dad had one with the black boot panel in purple. A class car it was. "

Mine was lime green with the black boot panel...it matched my shirt and kipper tie...

Exhausts that are race ready or wide bore, allow a cleaner more effeciant way of excess gas and exhaust gas to exit the engine ... Increasing power... There fore more bang for your buck. Sounds kak but gives them a extra 10-20 hp"

Do they hell...if you did some head work, and re-mapped the fueling, and fitted a proper full race system including manifold, you may get close to 10-15bhp increase. You will be lucky not to loose power with a cheep straight through exhaust on a Saxo

"I can understand wanting a nice car but the big noisy exhausts drive me nuts!

A real pain up the arse if they disturb your evening. Call the bizzies if they make a causing problems.

There are so many of them around this area for some reason. I would be on the phone to the bizzies all night if I wanted to complain. Just need to keep sleeping with the ear plugs in lol"

If they are relay loud its classed as noise pollution, some pull mufflers out and are illegal. Others prob ain't insured its often the case so if the buzzies pop round they vamoosh.

they'd be better of just saving all the money they'd waste on their suped up cars, and putting it towards a faster stock model.

[Removed by poster at 26/07/12 22:10:44]

only if combined with ecu upgrade and intake system these idouts just ruin the cars

By *eighleedsMan  over a year ago

leeds

i wonder how many of those that carry out these non standard mods bother to tell the insurance company about how they modified them, they may one day find out they are not insured

By *ushroom7Man  over a year ago

Bradford

"i wonder how many of those that carry out these non standard mods bother to tell the insurance company about how they modified them, they may one day find out they are not insured"

Worse still, we might.

Bunch of Doughnuts..

Exhausts that are race ready or wide bore, allow a cleaner more effeciant way of excess gas and exhaust gas to exit the engine ... Increasing power... There fore more bang for your buck. Sounds kak but gives them a extra 10-20 hp

only if combined with ecu upgrade and intake system these idouts just ruin the cars "

Care to explain exactly how it "ruins" the car, unless that's just your personal opinion?

FYI chaning the exhaust to a larger bore doesn't necessitate an ECU upgrade or even an uprated intake system. Simple physics. The more air/fuel you can get into an engine (and combust fully) and then out again, the more energy you will release from that given air/fuel ratio.

@OP yes unfortunately, a larger exhaust does sadly mean that it'll be louder. I have one and I'm by no means a "boy" racer lol. I do try to drive considerately when in residential areas but that's not always the case for everyone....

By *teborahCouple  over a year ago

warrington

only if combined with ecu upgrade and intake system these idouts just ruin the cars

Care to explain exactly how it "ruins" the car, unless that's just your personal opinion?

FYI chaning the exhaust to a larger bore doesn't necessitate an ECU upgrade or even an uprated intake system. Simple physics. The more air/fuel you can get into an engine (and combust fully) and then out again, the more energy you will release from that given air/fuel ratio.

@OP yes unfortunately, a larger exhaust does sadly mean that it'll be louder. I have one and I'm by no means a "boy" racer lol. I do try to drive considerately when in residential areas but that's not always the case for everyone...."

Not quite true. an engine requires a certain amount of back pressure from the resonators/silencers and by simply removing them you will see a reduction in engine torque. it will give the impression of more power but trust me without doing the job properly i.e induction,head work,correct fuel,correctly mapped then all you are going to do is upset your local residents. I have a rolling road so I have seen it once or twice

By *ashful BazMan  over a year ago

poole dorset

"With 8 cylinders it's pure music to the ears, with four cylinders it sounds like an amplified fart!

"

Lol Spot on, as per usual,

You should be running this site....

"

No point at all.

Even when I was a young un, and that was a long time ago, the last thing I wanted was a noisy car.

because they can

By *ollytrollopWoman  over a year ago

Bolton

the other night i was on the A580 at red traffic lights, in the lane to my left was a beautiful dark silver lamborgini (however you spell it), he was revvin and rarin to go, he kept glancing over, i was thinking "dick head with small cock", lights changed and he was off leaving me pretty much standing, next thing massive bang and it just stopped dead, he had to get out and push it, my little skoda wasn't so shit after that lol, made my day really, small things and all that

By *r and mrs sanddancerCouple  over a year ago

BOLDON COLLIERY

@OP yes unfortunately, a larger exhaust does sadly mean that it'll be louder. I have one and I'm by no means a "boy" racer lol. I do try to drive considerately when in residential areas but that's not always the case for everyone....

Not quite true. an engine requires a certain amount of back pressure from the resonators/silencers and by simply removing them you will see a reduction in engine torque. it will give the impression of more power but trust me without doing the job properly i.e induction,head work,correct fuel,correctly mapped then all you are going to do is upset your local residents. I have a rolling road so I have seen it once or twice "

a good few years ago a car magazine (ccc) did a comparison with an RS2000

they had 15 full exhaust systems to try from the top companies, all were fitted to the one car then tested on a rolling road.

to there surprise the one that gave the most power was the standard ford one

By *teborahCouple  over a year ago

warrington

Not quite true. an engine requires a certain amount of back pressure from the resonators/silencers and by simply removing them you will see a reduction in engine torque. it will give the impression of more power but trust me without doing the job properly i.e induction,head work,correct fuel,correctly mapped then all you are going to do is upset your local residents. I have a rolling road so I have seen it once or twice

a good few years ago a car magazine (ccc) did a comparison with an RS2000

they had 15 full exhaust systems to try from the top companies, all were fitted to the one car then tested on a rolling road.

to there surprise the one that gave the most power was the standard ford one "

I rest my point

without a remap not many mods are going to improve power, however with a remap a good exhaust will often improve power, and they dont have to be loud

[Removed by poster at 27/07/12 08:28:27]

» Add a new message to this topic