FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > News Flash!

News Flash!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *teborah OP   Couple  over a year ago

warrington

Olympic organisers start world war 3 as they don't know the difference between there flags and the correct name of the two individual countries nice one dick heads

And the person who designed the roof at the aquadrome deserves a bonus as the poor fookers at the back can't see the high divers

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

And you're surprised because?

and an african runner has asked for asylem already

warrington

"And you're surprised because? "

Not in the least suprised

By *ock69er1Man  over a year ago

derby

nothing to do with us....

its londons limp_pricks

Is this a British trait ?

That we look at what (in the scheme of things) are minor negatives and faux pa's, rather than looking at the overall picture and realising that in organising something the size of The Olympics that things might, just might, not go to plan !

warrington

"Is this a British trait ?

That we look at what (in the scheme of things) are minor negatives and faux pa's, rather than looking at the overall picture and realising that in organising something the size of The Olympics that things might, just might, not go to plan !"

Tell that to ALL of North and South Korea that it is a "Minor" mistake

That we look at what (in the scheme of things) are minor negatives and faux pa's, rather than looking at the overall picture and realising that in organising something the size of The Olympics that things might, just might, not go to plan !

Tell that to ALL of North and South Korea that it is a "Minor" mistake "

It was a cultural faux pa and apologies have been made for the mistake.

I don't see WW3 breaking out on the raising of the wrong flag.

I have a huge better newsflash, my son's girlfriend is having contractions so hopefully my first grandchild arriving today

By *o Peep n WoodyCouple  over a year ago

suffolk

"I have a huge better newsflash, my son's girlfriend is having contractions so hopefully my first grandchild arriving today "

"I have a huge better newsflash, my son's girlfriend is having contractions so hopefully my first grandchild arriving today "

Exciting times!! Good luck to you all x

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

Hope all goes well

By *kmale421Man  over a year ago

wirral

Great News Kinky!

Now if you start texting the news that the baby has arrived, make sure you use the right flag and don't accidently send her image with a German flag else WW4 might break out...

That we look at what (in the scheme of things) are minor negatives and faux pa's, rather than looking at the overall picture and realising that in organising something the size of The Olympics that things might, just might, not go to plan !"

When we're told to swallow the astronomical cost of hosting these games and then find that £bns of pounds spent can be ridiculed by someone pressing the wrong fookin button it makes us a laughing stock. It should have been automated removing any chance of a human fucking things up.

..as for asylum seekers, it should be have been written into law that nobody coming here under the guise of competing in the games (or indeed coming here to watch the games) can claim asylum once they get here. They arrive with their team and they leave with their team. Period.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

I think some people like to see failure or even wish for it.

"..as for asylum seekers, it should be have been written into law that nobody coming here under the guise of competing in the games (or indeed coming here to watch the games) can claim asylum once they get here. They arrive with their team and they leave with their team. Period."

Why? Can't an athlete be oppressed and in fear for their life as any other person?

By *utmegsMan  over a year ago

Closer than you think

This would never have happened if they had watched Fun With Flags.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

Merseyside

I think some people like to see failure or even wish for it."

I'm not so sure they 'see' it for themselves.

To me it's yet another example of media as opium ...

The story has been flashed out across the world so many times since it happened that people trot it out as 'truth'.

The TRUTH is - I raised the South Korean flag on purpose cos it looks just like the '69' on a swingpin badge.....

"nothing to do with us....

its londons limp_pricks"

So Hampden Park is in London now helm

By *abloBackMan  over a year ago

London

its londons limp_pricks

So Hampden Park is in London now helm "

Greater London

"I have a huge better newsflash, my son's girlfriend is having contractions so hopefully my first grandchild arriving today

Great News Kinky!

Now if you start texting the news that the baby has arrived, make sure you use the right flag and don't accidently send her image with a German flag else WW4 might break out..."

By *acreadCouple  over a year ago

central scotland

its londons limp_pricks

So Hampden Park is in London now helm "

No of course not but the flag thing was done purely from London they set it up from there.

London

So the sweats saw it and said nothing?

"..as for asylum seekers, it should be have been written into law that nobody coming here under the guise of competing in the games (or indeed coming here to watch the games) can claim asylum once they get here. They arrive with their team and they leave with their team. Period.

Why? Can't an athlete be oppressed and in fear for their life as any other person? "

Yup, they can be as oppressed as they like in their own fookin country. We're full up.

"..as for asylum seekers, it should be have been written into law that nobody coming here under the guise of competing in the games (or indeed coming here to watch the games) can claim asylum once they get here. They arrive with their team and they leave with their team. Period.

Why? Can't an athlete be oppressed and in fear for their life as any other person?

Yup, they can be as oppressed as they like in their own fookin country. We're full up. "

this

When we're told to swallow the astronomical cost of hosting these games and then find that £bns of pounds spent can be ridiculed by someone pressing the wrong fookin button it makes us a laughing stock. It should have been automated removing any chance of a human fucking things up."

We have become a laughing stock and as I am sitting here now I am laughing at the posters who are ridiculing the ignorance of those who don't know which flag belongs to what country and yet say 'there' when it should be 'their' and spell the word 'asylum' 'asylem'..

I keep on saying this but according to UN figures the English are some of the most badly educated and ill-informed people in the EU and until we rectify this we shall continue to be a laughing stock.

By *uddlesloves!Woman  over a year ago

Plymouth

"..as for asylum seekers, it should be have been written into law that nobody coming here under the guise of competing in the games (or indeed coming here to watch the games) can claim asylum once they get here. They arrive with their team and they leave with their team. Period."

I totally agree with this. This athlete seems to have come here with the sole pretence of claiming asylum, not here to take part in the games then go!! We are always a soft touch in this country and let anyone in, yet fail the ones who have supported this country. How about the young Army family man?..served in the British Army for 13yrs and now because he is out he is told he would have to go back to his home land. Served on many horrific front lines. Children born here.

So its o.k to treat our military forces like dirt, send them to the most unorganised games with only a few days notice for some, no proper facilities, but this guy will no doubt be given housing all the money he needs.

I am one that don't agree with the Olympics. Too much money used and wasted when its needed elsewhere. Government have no guts to withhold the G4S payment, organisers insult other Countries raising the wrong flag ( maybe not important to some!) and our troops once again have to come to the rescue.

London

Greatest country in the world!

central scotland

"So the sweats saw it and said nothing?"

Whats a sweat?

And they had no control over it they probably let them know their mistake but the silly twats who dont know the flags kept it up anyway.

Ive also got a news flash . . .

My balls are sweating in this heat

central scotland

I totally agree with this. This athlete seems to have come here with the sole pretence of claiming asylum, not here to take part in the games then go!! We are always a soft touch in this country and let anyone in, yet fail the ones who have supported this country. How about the young Army family man?..served in the British Army for 13yrs and now because he is out he is told he would have to go back to his home land. Served on many horrific front lines. Children born here.

So its o.k to treat our military forces like dirt, send them to the most unorganised games with only a few days notice for some, no proper facilities, but this guy will no doubt be given housing all the money he needs.

I am one that don't agree with the Olympics. Too much money used and wasted when its needed elsewhere. Government have no guts to withhold the G4S payment, organisers insult other Countries raising the wrong flag ( maybe not important to some!) and our troops once again have to come to the rescue."

So true it seems to be a lot easier to deport some nationalities than others the guy was deserving of a place here maybe he should have got himself a cat as one criminal fuck couldnt be deported as he had a cat to look after.

Same with the shamefull way the Ghurkas were treated for years.

Anyway back to the games there are going to be mishaps and they will be highlighted no matter how trivial.

And like some I dont think we had the money to spend on them but that si only my opinion .

Does anyone know if the video with the players and flag came from LOCOG or the IOC or somewhere else?

I can't see every single detailed item for the Olympics originating from LOCOG. The IOC must have some input.

There's nothing to suggest the video was made in GB let alone London

London

"So the sweats saw it and said nothing?

Whats a sweat?

And they had no control over it they probably let them know their mistake but the silly twats who dont know the flags kept it up anyway."

Who says they had no control?

By *ucky_LadsCouple (MM)  over a year ago

Kidderminster+ surrounding areas.

unless they dont medal/under perform and are scared to go home in case life is threatened in which case they will claim the human rigts are in danger and will stay here with all the free benefits thrown at them!.

whilst the fiji soldier been fighting in british army for 13 years mariedto english lady is being sent back to fiji!.

central scotland

Whats a sweat?

And they had no control over it they probably let them know their mistake but the silly twats who dont know the flags kept it up anyway.

Who says they had no control?"

They didnt the screen was controled from London.

Has anybody given any thought to how much money the games will bring back in for the country??

"Has anybody given any thought to how much money the games will bring back in for the country??"

willit tho?

Whats a sweat?

They didnt the screen was controled from London."

An Olympic Broadcasting Service insider said: "This was a stadium presentation issue involving Hampden. It is their stadium, their screen and they control it."

From the herald scotland

"Has anybody given any thought to how much money the games will bring back in for the country??

willit tho?"

Course it will, its not a free event!!

central scotland

Whats a sweat?

An Olympic Broadcasting Service insider said: "This was a stadium presentation issue involving Hampden. It is their stadium, their screen and they control it."

From the herald scotland"

What I read was it was the video producers hires by locog who were responsible although they refuse to name.

central scotland

"Has anybody given any thought to how much money the games will bring back in for the country??

willit tho?

Course it will, its not a free event!!"

And of course the real winners will be MacDonalds and Coca Cola and the likes.

By *umourCouple  over a year ago

Northants

"Has anybody given any thought to how much money the games will bring back in for the country??"

I refuse to believe that the games will bring in anything like the amount, published and secret, that has been spent! The infrastructure has been built with PUBLIC money in a place that most of those who have paid for it, won't or can't go! Maybe great facilities for the east of London and surrounds, but what about Birmingham, Nottingham, Manchester, Leeds... et al..

To build so much in the south and almost forget the north, disgraceful! I don't see why they couldn't have had venues all round the country so that everyone had a chance to see or be involved and also had something after for the money they spent! Athletes wouldn't have to travel and the traffic on the roads would have been lighter..

But what I really can't understand is why we went for it anyway! At the time we were deciding whether to sign the contracts or not, the banks were collapsing round our ears and there was danger of economic collapse! But Labour went ahead anyway, realising that they wouldn't have to pay for it because Gordon Brown was unelectable!

I have more, but I have to leave it cos I am seething about it! and the majority of people are either indifferent or don't want the games in every survey I have seen!

London

The sponsors have paid over £700 million for the privilege

Much of the money was already there and ring fenced to redevelop and regenerate the area. The Olympic village will provide affordable housing for thousands

[Removed by poster at 26/07/12 13:13:03]

I refuse to believe that the games will bring in anything like the amount, published and secret, that has been spent! The infrastructure has been built with PUBLIC money in a place that most of those who have paid for it, won't or can't go! Maybe great facilities for the east of London and surrounds, but what about Birmingham, Nottingham, Manchester, Leeds... et al..

To build so much in the south and almost forget the north, disgraceful! I don't see why they couldn't have had venues all round the country so that everyone had a chance to see or be involved and also had something after for the money they spent! Athletes wouldn't have to travel and the traffic on the roads would have been lighter..

But what I really can't understand is why we went for it anyway! At the time we were deciding whether to sign the contracts or not, the banks were collapsing round our ears and there was danger of economic collapse! But Labour went ahead anyway, realising that they wouldn't have to pay for it because Gordon Brown was unelectable!

I have more, but I have to leave it cos I am seething about it! and the majority of people are either indifferent or don't want the games in every survey I have seen!"

Couple that with the colossal amounts that will be spent turning the Olympic Village into... something else.. when the Games are finished with no guarantee of recouping that money. Private developers will be queueing up to take the piss out of the govt knowing that they can pick up a piece of prime real estate at a snip because the govt can't hold onto it for too long. Big bucks will be changing hands after the Games are done and not a penny of it will be going back to the taxpayer - and Londoners in particular - who have been forced to cough up to pay for this farce.

London

I have more, but I have to leave it cos I am seething about it! and the majority of people are either indifferent or don't want the games in every survey I have seen!

Couple that with the colossal amounts that will be spent turning the Olympic Village into... something else.. when the Games are finished with no guarantee of recouping that money. Private developers will be queueing up to take the piss out of the govt knowing that they can pick up a piece of prime real estate at a snip because the govt can't hold onto it for too long. Big bucks will be changing hands after the Games are done and not a penny of it will be going back to the taxpayer - and Londoners in particular - who have been forced to cough up to pay for this farce."

Not a fan then?

central scotland

Whats a sweat?

From the herald scotland"

Just saw it on the news London to blame for flag fiasco and if you missed it see bbc teletext 104.

London

Don't do teletext, I prefer the truth from the _umour mill

Whats a sweat?

From the herald scotland

Just saw it on the news London to blame for flag fiasco and if you missed it see bbc teletext 104."

LOCOG or London?

There is a difference

its all lies i tell you lies

central scotland

Whats a sweat?

From the herald scotland

Just saw it on the news London to blame for flag fiasco and if you missed it see bbc teletext 104.

LOCOG or London?

There is a difference"

Ok on the news it said London and who cares whos to blame.

i just corrected someones mistake.

willit tho?

And of course the real winners will be MacDonalds and Coca Cola and the likes."

Which will bring ££££'s in tax revenue an jobs!

central scotland

willit tho?

And of course the real winners will be MacDonalds and Coca Cola and the likes.

Which will bring ££££'s in tax revenue an jobs!"

Jobs for a cpl of weeks and then fuck of without paying fair taxes on profits no doubt.

Whats a sweat?

What I read was it was the video producers hires by locog who were responsible although they refuse to name."

All exactly true, the screens are all engineered locally however the segment that caused offence was assembled by a subcontracted production company working for OBC and played in from a secure server - the lads in Glasgow were as shocked as everyone else and couldn't even edit the thing locally ......

By *arnayguyMan  over a year ago

Durham Tees

" And of course the real winners will be MacDonalds"

So it's not all bad news. At least one of your Clans will be happy.

central scotland

" And of course the real winners will be MacDonalds

So it's not all bad news. At least one of your Clans will be happy. "

Its avoid food for me although have to say the American burgers are far superior to ours maybe because they wont eat the crap they serve to us.

warrington

When we're told to swallow the astronomical cost of hosting these games and then find that £bns of pounds spent can be ridiculed by someone pressing the wrong fookin button it makes us a laughing stock. It should have been automated removing any chance of a human fucking things up.

We have become a laughing stock and as I am sitting here now I am laughing at the posters who are ridiculing the ignorance of those who don't know which flag belongs to what country and yet say 'there' when it should be 'their' and spell the word 'asylum' 'asylem'..

I keep on saying this but according to UN figures the English are some of the most badly educated and ill-informed people in the EU and until we rectify this we shall continue to be a laughing stock.

"

You are only right! This country needs more people just like you who can spell Just as well you can't mind read at this moment in time

By *G LanaTV/TS  over a year ago

Gosport

Why? Can't an athlete be oppressed and in fear for their life as any other person? "

Some might have good reasons especially if they don't perform as well as expected.

By *G LanaTV/TS  over a year ago

Gosport

" And of course the real winners will be MacDonalds

So it's not all bad news. At least one of your Clans will be happy.

Its avoid food for me although have to say the American burgers are far superior to ours maybe because they wont eat the crap they serve to us."

The competitors better not eat true American burgers or they'll fail their drug test as American beef is usually reared using growth hormones.

willit tho?

Course it will, its not a free event!!"

exactly.. and everyone goes on about how much it has cost us... who is US anyway???

the taxpayer?? over 80% of the total cost has been funded from private companies and sponsorship.

the olympics as a whole we be a plus cash balance event overall with all the money that is coming in from outside.

whilst some of us in UK seem to think its all a waste of money, how come all the countries that work so hard to get it but dont, get so pissed off.

because having the olympics is a privelige and should be celebrated and supported.

just because some southerners are slightly inconvenienced for a couple of weeks doesnt make it a bad idea.

think about the rest of the country once in a while and accept that it is a good thing to have.

when did any event this size go exactly to plan, there will be mistakes as there are in all walks of life, lets stop concentrating on the negatives for once and celebrate all the things have gone right.

» Add a new message to this topic