FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > womens football...

womens football...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

in _iew of the fact that most of the olympic venues are only making half of stadium capacity available, and they cant sell all the tickets, what are peoples _iews on womens football as a whole.

i am attempting to start a serious thread so no jokes about taking off their tops after scoring either.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Nothing like a woman with excellent ball control!!

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

Correct me if I;m wrong but isn't the England Womens Football team more successful than the Men's.

The prob is it doesn't get the exposure that Men's football gets

By *abloBackMan  over a year ago

London

Hate to be pedantic it's the GB team

"Correct me if I;m wrong but isn't the England Womens Football team more successful than the Men's.

The prob is it doesn't get the exposure that Men's football gets"

thats debatable..

if you mean they have twice reached finals in euros then possibly but then they have never got past qtr finals in world cup so not in that case.

also the highest fifa ranking by the women is 6th place and the men are currently 4th so overall i think the answer to that is 'no they arnt'!!

and they dont get the exposure because they dont get the sponsorship, because in general people dont want to pay to watch it.

personally i think the standard is quite good but it would be interesting to see them play aagainst mens teams from different levels of the game and see how they fare.

"Hate to be pedantic it's the GB team"

I appreciate that, but I still stand by the statements I made

"Hate to be pedantic it's the GB team

I appreciate that, but I still stand by the statements I made"

see my post above...

"

personally i think the standard is quite good but it would be interesting to see them play aagainst mens teams from different levels of the game and see how they fare."

But when the women score it will be the men rushing to hug and kiss them

see my post above..."

I stand corrected

By *kmale421Man  over a year ago

wirral

Well a few thoughts on this.

I believe that theres nearly 40000 tickets sold for the 2 matches in Cardiff today, so personally I think thats a pretty good crowd for a sport where the Olympics isn't the stand out tournament in the sport, i.e the World Cup is more important.

I actually think the British Womens's team do look pretty good based on seeing the highlights of their friendly against Sweden last week compared to the British men's performance against Brazil. By comparison to the rest of the world though, I am sure the Women's USA and Japan teams are considerably better than Britain, so we'll do well to get out of the group and then to make progress in the tournament.

I'm actually going to watch the Mens British team play at Old Trafford tomorrow and would consider going to watch the women, if the match times fitted in with work.

Outside of the Olympics though, women's football is secondary to mens football in UK for many reasons including historical and simply mens football attracts the money and much larger fan support handed down from father to nowadays sons and daughters. That's very unlikely to change in UK, even though Womens football is now in year 2 of a summer premier league which includes well known English club names like Liverpool, Everton, Arsenal and Chelsea.

see my post above...

I stand corrected"

i get your point though. the mens team havent exactly covered them selves in glory lately but then we are in a transitional period with a new manager and new ideas. personally i think Woy will do a good job with the mens team and Hope Powell does a great job with the women.

The reason i posted is because a friend of my niece plays for England and is in the GB team (name witheld for obvious reasons) and i am interested in people _iew on the womens game.

Their have been many attepts to start up fully professional leagues and most have floundered. is it because it is seen as a man game where women shouldnt be included?? dont forget it was actually banned by the FA for 50 years..

I want a male beach volleyball team please

"I want a male beach volleyball team please"

oohh sexist comment surely!!!!

is that allowed???

"I want a male beach volleyball team please

oohh sexist comment surely!!!!

is that allowed??? "

Publish and be damned, only time will tell

wirral

"I want a male beach volleyball team please"

Starts on 6th August at 6pm, tickets still available or watch live on BBC...lol

Starts on 6th August at 6pm, tickets still available or watch live on BBC...lol"

Really, I thought only women played, oh well I'll be watching, thank you

Starts on 6th August at 6pm, tickets still available or watch live on BBC...lol"

i think the GB pair start on 28th July..at 4.30. not sure if on any of the live streams though..

Really, I thought only women played, oh well I'll be watching, thank you"

The guys will look lovely in those bikinis

Personally, in these days of equality, I think all olympic team events should be made up of mixed teams.

wirral

i think the GB pair start on 28th July..at 4.30. not sure if on any of the live streams though.."

Actually Kenny, every single event is being carried live by BBC. Theres the normal BBC1 and BBC 2, but there are 24 additional BBC channels on satalite starting at something like Channel 472 (not sure about that) which means that every single event will have a live stream. I suspect BBC1 will be joining it all together and flicking from 1 event to another in a normal sports program mode ie 800m final followed by quick look at long jump followed by 1500m followed by quick look at pole vault etc.

These individual channels though will cover for eg pole vault on Channel 1, beach volley ball on channel 2, yacht race on channel 3 etc

wirral

i think the GB pair start on 28th July..at 4.30. not sure if on any of the live streams though.."

Your right it starts on 28th July, when i did my search, it was the first event that wasn't sold out

"Correct me if I;m wrong but isn't the England Womens Football team more successful than the Men's.

The prob is it doesn't get the exposure that Men's football gets"

I love talking about women's football and exposure. I think all women's football should be played with the minimum of personal protection and if it's warm, no kit at all. Every game would be a sell out but they'd have to draw the line at letting women play when it's blob week. The game would be stopped too often for a physio to attend the 'wound'.

Not a bad opener from England Ladies, who beat New Zealand 1-0 in their Olympic opening match earleir today. Well done girls, now for some group les fun in the bath huh?

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Not a bad opener from England Ladies, who beat New Zealand 1-0 in their Olympic opening match earleir today. Well done girls, now for some group les fun in the bath huh? "
you are so predictably pervy

Why is it the women's football on before the opening ceremony?

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

well done team GB

I watched one womens game last season. Chelsea V Doncaster (i think).

it was woeful.just bad defending and rank goalkeeping.

Japan are quite good tho

"Not a bad opener from England Ladies, who beat New Zealand 1-0 in their Olympic opening match earleir today. Well done girls, now for some group les fun in the bath huh?

you are so predictably pervy "

Oi! I resemble that remark!

Why do think the FA let women play footy in the first place. It's cos they knew it would fuel a whole new raft of fantasies for men who had been previously unable to link sex to soccer for fear of being called a poofter.

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Not a bad opener from England Ladies, who beat New Zealand 1-0 in their Olympic opening match earleir today. Well done girls, now for some group les fun in the bath huh?

you are so predictably pervy

Oi! I resemble that remark!

Why do think the FA let women play footy in the first place. It's cos they knew it would fuel a whole new raft of fantasies for men who had been previously unable to link sex to soccer for fear of being called a poofter. "

il stick to mud wrestling

By *b430Man  over a year ago

Tayside

"Why is it the women's football on before the opening ceremony? "

There is men's football on before the opening ceremony too, to get through all the games (with rest periods, etc) they need to be started a few days early.

So much for superlative British organisation... The North Korean women's team walked off the pitch in protest at their names being displayed along with a SOUTH KOREAN flag.

I think these games will be remembered as a bit of a joke tbh... from the opening ceremony with a bunch of sheep and some Olde Worlde English cricketers to whatever other mishaps and security blunders yet to be uncovered. How many billions has been wasted on this event?

By *acreadCouple  over a year ago

central scotland

"Not a bad opener from England Ladies, who beat New Zealand 1-0 in their Olympic opening match earleir today. Well done girls, now for some group les fun in the bath huh? "

Ah but the New Zealand team must have been nackered when they played the England ladies team as they played the GB team today too and also got beat 1-0

from them.

Oh sorry maybe you are one of the arrogant peeps who think the GB team means England?

One of our family members plays womens football for a very well known team. She is one tough player and makes some of the pro males look like amateurs.

And no, she isn't a dyke before anyone asks

Ah but the New Zealand team must have been nackered when they played the England ladies team as they played the GB team today too and also got beat 1-0

from them.

Oh sorry maybe you are one of the arrogant peeps who think the GB team means England?

"

Ok, fuck up on my part. I meant TeamGB.

Watching the Women's Football earlier brought a tear to my eye.

Reminded me of when I was shit at FIFA on the XBox.

By *orkieMan  over a year ago

Who knows

Would sooner watch womens football than the overpaid prima donnas. Even at school college or town level it is a lot better game to watch

By *ushroom7Man  over a year ago

Bradford

"Would sooner watch womens football than the overpaid prima donnas. Even at school college or town level it is a lot better game to watch"

And you do get a much better class of swearing too.

"Why is it the women's football on before the opening ceremony?

There is men's football on before the opening ceremony too, to get through all the games (with rest periods, etc) they need to be started a few days early."

Ah ok thankyou

"Would sooner watch womens football than the overpaid prima donnas. Even at school college or town level it is a lot better game to watch"

Did you actually see the ball though

Nothing wrong with women's football as long as it doesn't infringe on their cooking and cleaning time. It would be an absolute disaster if one of them women broke their leg and couldn't climb the stepladder to clean the inside windows.

» Add a new message to this topic