FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Fifty shades of whatever

Fifty shades of whatever

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Is it or is everyone else getting fed up of fifty shades. It is being mentioned everywhere now. Also the amount of people in this site that have changed there profile names to fifty shades ........ Or to mr grey and miss Steele.

Why???? What's the point. Do all of them fantasise about bdsm? Or do they lead a that lifestyle. But mr grey does not share miss Steele. She is his and only his.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

Personally I found it to be Fifty shades of poorly written, repetative rubbish......

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Personally I found it to be Fifty shades of poorly written, repetative rubbish......"
+1

Ssooo bored hearing about 50 shades mr grey and miss steele and their crap sex life come on guys give it up !!! X

By *ove2-shareCouple  over a year ago

South Gloucestershire

50 shades of excellent advertising tho, if its crap and everyones still talking about it then theyve done something right

Got a copy of "that book" for my birthday. Managed to read 2 pages (badly written) and have been to busy since having fun rather than reading about someone else's sex life lol xxx

By *issBehavingxxWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Personally I found it to be Fifty shades of poorly written, repetative rubbish......+1"

+2

And those with the Mr Grey or 50 shades references in their usernames etc, just puts me right off before I even look at the profile or the message

"50 shades of excellent advertising tho, if its crap and everyones still talking about it then theyve done something right

"

Yup, they aimed it at middle class middle aged + women who have little or no experience of non vanilla sexual activities ... that's what they did right!

The women that read it and enjoyed it were the kind of women that would be shocked that someone could have a multiple orgasm and think it highly unusual that someone would actually want to have such an "erotic" encounter with a woman.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Personally I found it to be Fifty shades of poorly written, repetative rubbish......+1

+2

And those with the Mr Grey or 50 shades references in their usernames etc, just puts me right off before I even look at the profile or the message"

ditto..

bit sad and boring really...

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"50 shades of excellent advertising tho, if its crap and everyones still talking about it then theyve done something right

Yup, they aimed it at middle class middle aged + women who have little or no experience of non vanilla sexual activities ... that's what they did right!

"

probably the same folk who all rush out to buy whatever delia advocates..

then use it once and its in a cupboard not to be seen again..

"Personally I found it to be Fifty shades of poorly written, repetative rubbish......"

Not even up to O level literacy...

Bought it...

Binned it...

Fifty shades of shite!!!

Would far rather being doing it than reading about someone else doing it....badly

I find it a great indicator of who to avoid meeting. Those that go on and on about how good and erotic/sexy etc it is I think really don't have a clue

Yes I totally agree ... I read it and enjoyed it in March but am now really fed up with all the hype.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

I am bored of hearing it mentioned everywhere. I havn't read it and probably won't, but how can you say a book is awful from the first two pages?

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

All them people that changed there profiles to rename then to some reference of these books will read this thread and be like. Oh shit. Gonna have to change it back now.

Glad I am not the only one getting fed up with it.

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I haven't noticed name changes but there has been an increase in the number of messages I have been getting stating the man is a dom looking for a sub. I hadn't made the connection until now. Doh!

"Is it or is everyone else getting fed up of fifty shades. It is being mentioned everywhere now. Also the amount of people in this site that have changed there profile names to fifty shades ........ Or to mr grey and miss Steele.

Why???? What's the point. Do all of them fantasise about bdsm? Or do they lead a that lifestyle. But mr grey does not share miss Steele. She is his and only his.

"

For me its a great indicator of who blindly follows trends and fashions rather than exhibiting a little independent thought. I have no doubt its a great book for some and thrills them to death. What it all tells me though is something about people who jump up and down shouting its praises. Mind you the you must have an iphone crowd also tell me lots too.

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"Is it or is everyone else getting fed up of fifty shades. It is being mentioned everywhere now. Also the amount of people in this site that have changed there profile names to fifty shades ........ Or to mr grey and miss Steele.

For me its a great indicator of who blindly follows trends and fashions rather than exhibiting a little independent thought. I have no doubt its a great book for some and thrills them to death. What it all tells me though is something about people who jump up and down shouting its praises. Mind you the you must have an iphone crowd also tell me lots too. "

Are there 50 shades of iPhone now too?

For me its a great indicator of who blindly follows trends and fashions rather than exhibiting a little independent thought. I have no doubt its a great book for some and thrills them to death. What it all tells me though is something about people who jump up and down shouting its praises. Mind you the you must have an iphone crowd also tell me lots too.

Are there 50 shades of iPhone now too?"

50 shades of covers

" I havn't read it and probably won't, but how can you say a book is awful from the first two pages? "

By reading the first two pages....

Subjectively the prose did nothing for me...

Objectively, having read many authors in my time, I find the style of writing talentless and within the capabilities of a 12 year old with a limited vocabulary which is repetitive ad nauseum...

The great writers literary styles are stamped on page one... The story then grips the reader or not, dependant on empathy with the subject matter....

Perhaps this is what the poster may have meant...

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

I can understand picking up a book in a book shop and reading what the book is about and deciding it isn't for you, but to buy a book, read two pages and then decide it is rubbish is less understandable.

Sometimes books take a bit of time to set the scene and get into.

By *iceguydaveMan  over a year ago

Monmouth

Check out the '50 shades of suck' blog. It's written by an American, and it goes on much longer than it needs to, but it has some very funny moments. Basically just an ordinary person ripping poor Anastasia and Grey-balls to shreds. Example:

"We don’t have long, Anastasia, and the way I’m feeling right this moment, we won’t need long."

so he’s basically like, “i’m going to jizz on your thigh.” "

Childish humour, maybe, but it made me giggle

" I havn't read it and probably won't, but how can you say a book is awful from the first two pages?

By reading the first two pages....

Subjectively the prose did nothing for me...

Objectively, having read many authors in my time, I find the style of writing talentless and within the capabilities of a 12 year old with a limited vocabulary which is repetitive ad nauseum...

The great writers literary styles are stamped on page one... The story then grips the reader or not, dependant on empathy with the subject matter....

Perhaps this is what the poster may have meant..."

The repitition of 'Holy Crap' didn't do it for you then??

"I can understand picking up a book in a book shop and reading what the book is about and deciding it isn't for you, but to buy a book, read two pages and then decide it is rubbish is less understandable.

Sometimes books take a bit of time to set the scene and get into."

Less understandable yet possible...

As an example may I cite "Under Milk Wood" Not a novel yet the recounting of a day in the lives of a village. The prose, written for radio performance, stands alone as a descriptive narrative in itself...

To read the jacket precis and adjudicate the content is subjectively plausible yet somehow lacking in respect for the objective mastery of vocabulary and colour in the style and construction of the author's narrative skills...

The prologue, in less than one page confirms a mastery of the language which is internationally lauded...

You will undoubtedly be able to cite other, even better examples to illustrate the premis which I, and possibly the poster, propose.

" The repitition of 'Holy Crap' didn't do it for you then?? "

Any more than countless pages of Emails full of dates, subject references, addresses and a one line message...

No...

» Add a new message to this topic