FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > london mums

london mums

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

What have you got planned for the six week break? I'm trying to find places to go that don't cost the earth in London, any recommendations?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"What have you got planned for the six week break? I'm trying to find places to go that don't cost the earth in London, any recommendations? "

Depends where you are in London and what your children enjoy doing and their ages.

When mine were younger I'd get a family travel card and visit the museums and carry a pack lunch and eat in one of the many parks. I'd take them to a lido with another packed lunch and ice cream from a van as a treat. Our local cinema had a kids club, adult paid the full price but kids were a £1. Buy your own sweets, popcorn etc...save a fortune. Look online, see what activities your local council is putting on, is there a local fun fair? Check your local library too, they always have something on.

Have fun!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Princess Diana's park.

By *abloBackMan  over a year ago

London

A walk along the south bank from Westminster bridge towards tower bridge is good

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

There was an article about a website for things to do, think it was something like goseedo.

Hope this helps

"A walk along the south bank from Westminster bridge towards tower bridge is good"

By *ove2-shareCouple  over a year ago

South Gloucestershire

how old are the kids and where are you,

british museum, national history & science museum, tate gallery all worth visiting as is the maritime museum in Greenwhich, parks all over worth going to, Crystal palace has the dinosaurs, Dulwich park has a good lake and bikes, also check whats on and time out on the net there are the nottinghaill carnival, brick lane festival, there are bound to be loads of freebies around the olympics, and there are often freebies on the southbank.

London

Do natural history museum early

Everyone wants to see the dinosaurs

DON'T bring a car into town this summer Olympic road network has really screwed things up for everyone

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

If you have a pets at home near you, obviously if you don't live in central London, they do kids clubs through the summer. Get a work book type thing, get to cuddle the fluffy things. Can be fun for younger kids.

I don't envy you, I'm up north and looked at bringing my kids down to London for a few days to see the sights. Frig that, we can have a week in Majorca all inclusive for a couple of quid more

South london is particularly horrific with travel and the likes. Crystal Palace is nice. The major mmuseums will be nuts. Olympic torch is in south London currently so that's free and historic. I'm gonna "workfrom home" for olympics so i'd sure as hell find a way to entertain adults.

"Princess Diana's park. "

I'm glad i have no idea where that is!

Thanks for your replies. Both mine are under 5, I'm in south east London so gonna try and avoid anywhere east or central like the plague over the coming weeks! Might try crystal palace park that's not too far. Anyone know any decent seaside towns that's good for kids and not too far by train?

London

Depending what line you are on the best beach is camber sands near pontins, margate is god for kids. Hastings and Brighton have stony beaches

On the dartford line but can get to London bridge easily

London

"I don't envy you, I'm up north and looked at bringing my kids down to London for a few days to see the sights. Frig that, we can have a week in Majorca all inclusive for a couple of quid more "

Majorca wins every time

"I don't envy you, I'm up north and looked at bringing my kids down to London for a few days to see the sights. Frig that, we can have a week in Majorca all inclusive for a couple of quid more "

It's disgusting! Where do you look into staying?

London

"South london is particularly horrific with travel "

Understatement!

London

"Thanks for your replies. Both mine are under 5, I'm in south east London so gonna try and avoid anywhere east or central like the plague over the coming weeks! Might try crystal palace park that's not too far. Anyone know any decent seaside towns that's good for kids and not too far by train?"

I'm in south east London too. The southern London Bridge to Victoria goes via Clapham Junction. You can get to Southend, Brighton etc but it's a shingle beach, not ideal. Southwark, Lewisham always have something free on for the kids.

By *oddyWoman  over a year ago

between havant and chichester

southend is nice and dont forget you can use your oyster card dont know where it runs out i know i used to go to barking on mine

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

Depending on which line you are on, you can use Oyster up to Chafford Hundred (Lakeside shopping centre) or Upminster. So won't get you all the way to Southend.

Have your own parade! Stand on Tottenham Court Road and throw confetti at the traffic jams, cheering when they edge forward a couple of inches.

Ive got a few ideas

London

"Have your own parade! Stand on Tottenham Court Road and throw confetti at the traffic jams, cheering when they edge forward a couple of inches. "

*Giggles*...now there's someone who knows!

» Add a new message to this topic