FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > How do I help

How do I help

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Out of the blue last night, my sons girlfriend whom he's been living with for 4 years announced that she no longer wanted to be in a relationship with him and wanted them just to be friends, he loves her more than life itself and is in bits, there was no indication what so ever that she was feeling like this, to make matters worse neither of them have anywhere else they came move out to, I have never had to encounter either of my boys going through a break up, how do I help him, I have cuddled him and let him cry in my arms today (my share of tears flowed too for him) he is hurting so much

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

he should get out there try one night stand to get her out his head.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

keep doing what you are doing, its all you can do.

Keep cuddling him and remind him that it will get better.

By *ilk69Man  over a year ago

city.

just be ther for him, he needs you now more then ever.x

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

Just be there for him which you are doing. Maybe be a mediator between them so they can speak about what went wrong or why she feels like she can't be in a relationship witout it turning into a huge arguement and things get said that are not meant to be said..

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"keep doing what you are doing, its all you can do.

"

yes, just be there for him..

will be pure shite for a while, he will go through all the 'why's?' etc and the confidence will take a spanking and he will get angry and such like..

but he will get through it, early days yet though so let him talk and cry if he wants to..

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

and take him down the pub i a couple of weeks so you can get d*unk and slag her off to lol

The only way to make her realise that she has made a mistake is to have a better time without her than with her. Try ringing a few of his mates and get them to drag him out and arrange a couple of experiences, need not be expensive, just popping to the sea for fish and chips or going out for a picnic or a BBQ will help. Really good luck xxx

By *uyuksno1Man  over a year ago

poole

ahh im sorry xx

its a hard one hes your bab and it hurts to see them go through this unfortunately breaking up is part of lifes journey my 22 yr old went through this recently we just tried to be there for him but i also asked him to think why his girlfriend would want the split that maybe he had been a blinded for his love for her that he couldnt see the cracks 6months on and even though at the time he said i didnt know what i was talking about they are now on friendly terms and he admits i was right and that he couldnt see it at the time xx i hope it comes to a speedy but amicable end and your sons heart mends quickly good luck n lots of hugs xx jo

you're his mum

just do what comes naturally and it will be enough

trust me x

Poor bloke it's the worst feeling in the world he's going to feel that his life has been ripped apart. It's a very hard one to help with because the sayings like " there are plenty more fish in the sea" and " times a great healer" are just not going to hold any weight whatsoever although having my heart broken myself it will get easier eventually. My only advice us just to be there for him while he goes through every emotion because he will go through them all !!

I've experienced both my son and daughter go through breakups, especially difficult when my grandson was part of it too.

I found the best way was to quietly support, not to 'bitch' about the ex partners but let my children talk if they wanted to, or not.

Ultimately thought they are adults and must experience adulthood for themselves in all its guises, good and bad.

My son now has another lovely girlfriend .

My daughter and her ex have flats close to each other, share their parenting duties and are good friends, they all 3 are off on holiday together at the moment.

I know when they have been your babies you want to take all their pain for yourself, but you have to let them experience life for themselves too.

Just be positive and try to keep him busy.. a few nights out with the lads will help. Have chats but maybe not about his ex. it will be hard yes but your care and support will help so much.

By *uyuksno1Man  over a year ago

poole

"I've experienced both my son and daughter go through breakups, especially difficult when my grandson was part of it too.

I found the best way was to quietly support, not to 'bitch' about the ex partners but let my children talk if they wanted to, or not.

Ultimately thought they are adults and must experience adulthood for themselves in all its guises, good and bad.

My son now has another lovely girlfriend .

My daughter and her ex have flats close to each other, share their parenting duties and are good friends, they all 3 are off on holiday together at the moment.

I know when they have been your babies you want to take all their pain for yourself, but you have to let them experience life for themselves too.

"

nice laine

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Thank you all, I have told him he can come and stay here for a few days while he tries to find somewhere else to live, although I think it is her that should move out as as soon as he leaves, she is not going to be able to afford to live there anyway, he pays for nearly everything

» Add a new message to this topic