FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Single women, how do you manage messages?

Single women, how do you manage messages?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I'm back on here after a fair bit of time away and already I'm finding the same problem I had last time.

I've had some messages from people who interest me, and I've suggested meeting for a coffee to see if we want to take things further. (I can't just meet someone and get on with it, so to speak, I need to meet for a coffee or a drink first). I've had some messages from people I'm not interested in and I've replied saying 'no thanks'.

However, I've now got enough people I need to arrange to have coffee with in the near future and don't want to say 'let's meet for coffee' to any more, but I'm not sure what I say to those who message me and seem interesting in the meantime. Telling them that I've made arrangements with several others and my card is full but I'll get back to them when I've worked my way through the previous lot sounds a bit... uh, well.... you know?

I know some of you don't allow guys to contact you, and you get in touch with those who interest you, which is an option, I suppose.

For those of you who do allow guys to contact you, how do you manage things?

Tips and suggestions gratefully received!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

If they are just hi how you types, with no effort, then I find it is easier to ignore, if you are interested, just say you are busy for the next few weeks, but to carry on chatting in the interim? Just a suggestion and how I do things, but then my profile is or should be very specific about how I arrange meets, good luck x

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Never have such a problem in the days when I was looking to meet.

I would allocate a date to each person in advance, some time as far ahead as a couple of months in advance.

If they were keen, they would stay in touch. Those who went cold were probably not worth the bother in the first place.

By *els_BellsWoman  over a year ago

with the moon n stars somewhere in gtr manc

Ok, so my profile states I am not meeting, but even before I put that I wouldnt get loads of messages.

Sure, I'm not everyone's cup of tea/coffee/milk/juice whatever, but I have always been a bit when females say about the hundreds of messages.

My profile has always said, don't message me with "hi, how are you" and I can see those from the inbox, so will just delete.

Even when I have been in chat I don't get 100's of messages, so maybe get a profile/pics like mine and you'll be fine

just pick the ones you like the look of or just use your filters if its a bit too much. or even hide your profile until you have managed to get through them.

good luck

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Filters, and then i ask stooopid questions, they generally leave me alone after that

"Filters, and then i ask stooopid questions, they generally leave me alone after that "

Hehe! Stoopid questions I can do!

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I use the great fuction of delete a cold way of doing it but if you just don't take may fancy you aint going to get a shag...

"I have always been a bit when females say about the hundreds of messages."

In retrospect putting "kinky" in my name probably didn't help. Perhaps I'll change my name.

The photos of me in latex are a bit of a red rag to a bull too, but do I want to limit interest at the cost of finding people who genuinely share my kinks? It does at least allow me to delete anyone who says "PVC". *shudder*

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Filters, and then i ask stooopid questions, they generally leave me alone after that

Hehe! Stoopid questions I can do!"

Try it

By *els_BellsWoman  over a year ago

with the moon n stars somewhere in gtr manc

"I have always been a bit when females say about the hundreds of messages.

In retrospect putting "kinky" in my name probably didn't help. Perhaps I'll change my name.

The photos of me in latex are a bit of a red rag to a bull too, but do I want to limit interest at the cost of finding people who genuinely share my kinks? It does at least allow me to delete anyone who says "PVC". *shudder*"

Wish I could help you, but I have never experienced the loads of messages, or maybe I'm a quick reader I dunno lol

Only change your name if YOU want to!

Only use filters if YOU want to!

Delete messages, if YOU want to!

It's all about choice on here, just make sure you have fun xx

Yay, the comments on this thread are helping already!

Thanks ladies

I had a time of loads if messages but now with message filters in place I get very few! Close all filters and just message those u want too! I'm

Not meeting through my profile either as I have enough and always rey with that! Those who come back for a chat often get met at some point!

Hi

Well nik has a profile for herself.she has got veris off a few people.she said she gets hardly any messages.she now thinks sh is doing somethin wrong.

She just says maybe in the future to people she likes but no time to meet.

"Hi

Well nik has a profile for herself.she has got veris off a few people.she said she gets hardly any messages.she now thinks sh is doing somethin wrong.

She just says maybe in the future to people she likes but no time to meet."

Try adding "Nik has her own profile" to your couples profile...;-)

Then watch as her inbox explodes...

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

Merseyside

If you have enough meets for the time being .... Hide Your Profile xx

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Wording your profile or status as if you want more contact and soon will generate more mail.

Putting an update on the top of your profile saying you have enough contacts to sort through for now cuts down the mail.

"If you have enough meets for the time being .... Hide Your Profile xx"

Good advice!

"Wording your profile or status as if you want more contact and soon will generate more mail.

Putting an update on the top of your profile saying you have enough contacts to sort through for now cuts down the mail.

"

Another good advice!

The latter certainly works for me.

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

"Wording your profile or status as if you want more contact and soon will generate more mail.

Another good advice!

The latter certainly works for me. "

I can vouch that certainly works. I put rhubarb at the top of mine and never had so much of it

By *habsMan  over a year ago

Fortress of Solitude, Middlesex

Anyone that asks a dumb question like "how big is your cock" gets my standard reply "2 inches".

It says on my profile that I have two jobs therefore I can rarely meet at the drop of a hat, if they miss that bit I tell them, if I have a meet arranged on an evening when I am not working, I tell them and if they are not prepared to wait, tough, if that is the case, they are just really looking to empty their sacks. There are a few however, who are prepared to wait and one in particular does long shifts, we are meeting this week for a coffee. I also make it plainly obvious that I meet for a social drink first, those that think we will be going back to theirs (or their hotel room, another desperate to empty their sacks ), I tell them too, if there is no mutual attraction, nothing is going to happen. They either wait for me or they disappear and don't chat again, who needs filters; two jobs is just as good.

But I do understand where you are coming from, when I was doing less hours in the second job, I met a different guy, socially every night of the week over about 2 weeks, decided that was silly and didn't give me any time to myself and really if they are not prepared to wait, they are not worth meeting. Tell them you have a list of people who you would like to meet, that they are on the list, see what they say, if they are quite happy and relaxed about meeting when you are ready, keep them on the list, if they get pushy, take them off the list

not single but I put my fingers on the keyboard using the little blobs on the f and j to guide me and then type.

» Add a new message to this topic