FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Stroppy drivers

Stroppy drivers

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Why do other road users get so stroppy.

I had to brake suddenly when a 4X4 was about to come in front of me from a side turning.

When we were stopped at the lights, she tapped on my window and yelled at me that I was in her 'blind spot'

Can you have a blind spot in front of you?

And why yell at me anyway?

Grrrrr

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *andyguy59Man  over a year ago

Gatwick

[Removed by poster at 19/07/12 16:13:42]

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

THE 4X4 PPL LIKE 2 THINK THEY OWN THE ROAD ,,NO RESPECT AT ALL 4 OTHER ROAD USERS ,,,,

By *ottyhunkCouple  over a year ago

Leyburn

Ah, there are two clues.....driver and she!!

By *andyguy59Man  over a year ago

Gatwick

Blind spot?...She must have had her eyes closed....

If she does have a blind spot and knows about it then you should look at least twice. Try driving a Honda Civic more blind spots than a ....nope can't use that analogy it will offend waaaay too many people....

"Ah, there are two clues.....driver and she!!"

Ahem, I'm a SHE!!!!!!

By *ex.IncCouple  over a year ago

Castleford

The roads are getting worse. Everyone seems to have some kind of penchant to kick the shit out of everyone else for the slightest reason and gets very worked up about it.

I cant tell you the amount of times ive had people threaten me when they are the ones who fucked up. Too many dickheads now, the roads really are a nightmare.

"INCOMING..."

"Blind spot?...She must have had her eyes closed....

If she does have a blind spot and knows about it then you should look at least twice. Try driving a Honda Civic more blind spots than a ....nope can't use that analogy it will offend waaaay too many people...."

lol ur right i got a honda and the back windows fucking tiny for viewing out of lol

By *eavy Metal BallzMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

"Blind spot?...She must have had her eyes closed....

If she does have a blind spot and knows about it then you should look at least twice. Try driving a Honda Civic more blind spots than a ....nope can't use that analogy it will offend waaaay too many people...."

Really want to know the rest of that analogy now!!

Please

By *ex.IncCouple  over a year ago

Castleford

"THE 4X4 PPL LIKE 2 THINK THEY OWN THE ROAD ,,NO RESPECT AT ALL 4 OTHER ROAD USERS ,,,, "

And BMW drivers. You just have to look at the motorway for that. Like the old jokes goes - Whats the difference between a porcupine and BMW driver? A porcupine has pricks on the outside.

probably taking her kid to school 300yards away

its a 4x4 thing , made for off roading not picking the kids up from school

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

Merseyside

"Why do other road users get so stroppy.

I had to brake suddenly when a 4X4 was about to come in front of me from a side turning.

When we were stopped at the lights, she tapped on my window and yelled at me that I was in her 'blind spot'

Grrrrr

"

It sounds to me like she was apologising or at least explaining her actions.

If she says you were in her blind spot she is saying she didn't see you. She is NOT accusing you of anything.

You seem angry about it and everyone else on the thread wants to say she's guilty cos of the car she drives and her gender.

By *am sampsonMan  over a year ago

cwmbran

Grrrrr

If she says you were in her blind spot she is saying she didn't see you. She is NOT accusing you of anything.

You seem angry about it and everyone else on the thread wants to say she's guilty cos of the car she drives and her gender.

"

You have a point there

Grrrrr

"

If she was apologising then she wouldn't have yelled at me and would have said sorry.

By the time I got to the lights I had forgotten about it.

By *aceytopWoman  over a year ago

from a town near you

twice this week iv been cut up by taxi drivers grrr,on Sunday narrowly missed a three car pile up when the idiot pulled out in front of me,i never thought my last words would be ooooo shiiit

Hello Amber,

I bet she had started to turn her truck before she got to the junction, instead of keeping straight and square to the main road?

Alec

Try being on a motorbike!

By *aceytopWoman  over a year ago

from a town near you

"Try being on a motorbike! "
gave mine up years ago for that very reason

"Try being on a motorbike! gave mine up years ago for that very reason"

Never give mine up for other people... not gonna let them destroy my fun... just give them the finger as i pass them by and hope that they crash into a barrier that they "dont see" or develop sudden severe blindness and get banned from driving by the DVLA

By *eavy Metal BallzMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

You want to try being a cyclist, it really is heart stopping stuff at times.

It's not a 4x4 thing or a woman thing its a person thing, people get in there tin box and think there untouchable and even if they do anything wrong they thing the can tell you to Fuck off for beeping your horn at them, the roads are full of people who are self centred and want to push in and don't even wave when you do let them in or flash them out at a junction,

"Try being on a motorbike! gave mine up years ago for that very reason

Never give mine up for other people... not gonna let them destroy my fun... just give them the finger as i pass them by and hope that they crash into a barrier that they "dont see" or develop sudden severe blindness and get banned from driving by the DVLA"

Grrrrr

You have a point there "

+1

The EU recently issued a new Directive regarding new technology. Audi and BMW cars are now fitted with 'Confirmators' and not 'Indicators'.

How it works is you change lanes in front of other traffic and flash your 'Confirmator' to show you just changed lanes.

Quite ingenious really ....

With respect and I'm not having a go at any one group in particular,but at all car drivers,when they pull in right in front of you and expect you to be able to stop a 44 tonne artic in the same stopping distance as a car,not happening

I've had people follow me for ages flashing lights and beeping horns for something I didn't even do.

Just waited till i was bored of them, then dropped to 3rd floored it and left them for dead

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Ah, there are two clues.....driver and she!!"

uh oh

"I've had people follow me for ages flashing lights and beeping horns for something I didn't even do.

Just waited till i was bored of them, then dropped to 3rd floored it and left them for dead "

was more than likely you appalling car parking and they were hacked off they couldn't get into their cars because of your diagonal parking lol.. once you'd left they followed you lol

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Never give mine up for other people... not gonna let them destroy my fun... just give them the finger as i pass them by and hope that they crash into a barrier that they "dont see" or develop sudden severe blindness and get banned from driving by the DVLA"

Bloody hell

By *unterslickCouple  over a year ago

tullamore

when i came home from manchester to ireland,,i drove for about 2 days on the irish roads,,thats about 11yrs ago,,

some of the people on irish roads are pure nutters,,im a bad passenger,,but id be a killer if i drove,,cant stand tailgaters and cars stopping at lights or for no reason lol

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

There's a junction near me that gets me really irate. A queue of traffic held up cos some nudity doesn't realize that they're flashing and waving me out into a stream of oncoming traffic that they can't see. Then they get arsey when I refuse to go

If only people would simply stop trying to do a favour, take their right of way quickly, without fuss we'd all get home much quicker and calmer.

By *li92Man  over a year ago

London

Try being on a bicycle, almost crashed twice yesterday when drivers inconsiderably pulled out.

Other driver was at a junction while I was on the main rain, his car kept moving forward which made me panic!

Drive safe everyone

I find that raising ones middle finger cures any drivers blind spot and the magic word 'WANKER!' Cures any deafness

"THE 4X4 PPL LIKE 2 THINK THEY OWN THE ROAD ,,NO RESPECT AT ALL 4 OTHER ROAD USERS ,,,, "

Don't they just

"Ah, there are two clues.....driver and she!!

uh oh "

As I said ..."INCOMING"

Love it when I have a break down to do on narrow roads then need to block the road off for my own personal safety in order to work, you should see how irate people get then, yet they dont realise I have the legal right to do so for twenty minutes, they sit in their cars beeping their horns shouting abuse rather then try and find another way around, comical at first but gets old quickly,

And cycling, soo bloody dangerous these daus, driving standards are just shit,

By *punkloverCouple  over a year ago

hatfield

If she is anything like the stupid women in huge 4x4's at the school then it is no surprise, no joke, our local school has had to put up bollards outside the school to stop them driving into the gates lolol

By *obandruthCouple  over a year ago

wolverhampton

we drive a 4x4 and its because we live in the country and cant get about in a normal car when the weathers bad so get over it we are not all bad 4x4 drivers take a look at your own driveing before you judge others

The reason so many drivers are 'stroppy' is because there are so many vehicles on the road, including those driven by the contributors to this thread.

You are all part of the problem. Stop driving everywhere. Walk and cycle or use a bus if you really can't bring yourself to overcome your laziness and do some exercise.

"The reason so many drivers are 'stroppy' is because there are so many vehicles on the road, including those driven by the contributors to this thread.

You are all part of the problem. Stop driving everywhere. Walk and cycle or use a bus if you really can't bring yourself to overcome your laziness and do some exercise."

Oh yeah, ill just get up and walk the 30 miles to work... that's sensible...

"With respect and I'm not having a go at any one group in particular,but at all car drivers,when they pull in right in front of you and expect you to be able to stop a 44 tonne artic in the same stopping distance as a car,not happening"

I know what you mean sort of, I too have a class one licence, but knowing you weigh 44 tons should you really be that close to the car in front to make it a problem? Having said that the main problem with that kind of thing is on motorways when some one in a tiny car pulls across in front of you as tidy nearly missed their junction, gives me a heart attack every time!

"I've had people follow me for ages flashing lights and beeping horns for something I didn't even do.

Just waited till i was bored of them, then dropped to 3rd floored it and left them for dead "

you sound like my mother in law, never been in an accident but seen hundreds in the rear view mirror!

"

Oh yeah, ill just get up and walk the 30 miles to work... that's sensible... "

I have a 35 mile round trip to Felixstowe up and down the A14 to get to/from work. To use public transport to get to work at 5 in the evening I would have to leave home at 1PM! 1/2 mile walk, bus, train and 1 mile walk.

Nah I'll bike it and get there in 20 minutes. And then in better shape to fight the numpties in my 44 tonner.

I never have traffic problems, or have trouble finding a place to park and go shopping. Those blue lights were worth every penny

"The reason so many drivers are 'stroppy' is because there are so many vehicles on the road, including those driven by the contributors to this thread."

With respect people get 'stroppy' because they think they are more important than other road users and their 'need' to be wherever 'needs' risky driving. Or its those who think its 'cool' to drive, make phone calls, write notes, change the CD and drink coffee all at the same time, are all over the road and cause accidents.

"You are all part of the problem. Stop driving everywhere. Walk and cycle or use a bus if you really can't bring yourself to overcome your laziness and do some exercise."

Whats with the 'You are all...' bit? So you don't have a car then? And who are YOU to preach what I should and shouldn't do because of others poor driving habits? And what do YOU know about where I live and where I work?

Or have I missed the irony in your humour ?

Lots of larger cars (4x4's, People carriers etc) have larger A Pillars (thats the pillar each side of the windscreen) and depending on angles of the road/junction, it can limit the view from the windows.

Thats possibly what she/he meant.

Of course…. as they car has larger pillars and less of a view, they should take more care.

BTW… not all 4x4 drivers are idiots. Some maybe, but not all.

Steve

Never give mine up for other people... not gonna let them destroy my fun... just give them the finger as i pass them by and hope that they crash into a barrier that they "dont see" or develop sudden severe blindness and get banned from driving by the DVLA

Bloody hell "

Exactly, bloody hell .... piss poor comment to make, who 'hopes' people crash?

I do hope you're a registered organ donor. Any motorcyclist that rides in that manner will soon just be "parts".

I do hope you're a registered organ donor. Any motorcyclist that rides in that manner will soon just be "parts"."

Well I wouldn't have used his words but I can understand where he is coming from. Been a biker all my life and seen at first hand how people may 'look' but they just don't 'see'. I had a big smash due to a 'blind' Peugeot driver pulling out across a dual carriageway. I could have happily wished him as badly injured as I was but of course he wasn't.

Would have given him the finger if I could have made one move ....

"Ah, there are two clues.....driver and she!!

Ahem, I'm a SHE!!!!!!

"

I once had a similar situation but the guy tried to get into the car and threatened to do damage to my friend and I, we ended up reporting him to the police.

Bloody hell

Exactly, bloody hell .... piss poor comment to make, who 'hopes' people crash? "

I do! Me, a person who nearly gets crashed into on a regular basis even in my car!... by people who clearly shouldn't even have a licence because they are blind.. and to the person who commented on my riding manner,,, you don't know how i ride and if you would like to watch a video of it there are many around on Vimeo and the like which will prove i ride in a sensible manner... and i am and always have been an organ donor... why because i believe its the right thing to do.. like looking before you pull out of a junction!

I do hope you're a registered organ donor. Any motorcyclist that rides in that manner will soon just be "parts".

Well I wouldn't have used his words but I can understand where he is coming from. Been a biker all my life and seen at first hand how people may 'look' but they just don't 'see'. I had a big smash due to a 'blind' Peugeot driver pulling out across a dual carriageway. I could have happily wished him as badly injured as I was but of course he wasn't.

Would have given him the finger if I could have made one move ...."

(her words lol :P)

"Well I wouldn't have used his words but I can understand where he is coming from. Been a biker all my life and seen at first hand how people may 'look' but they just don't 'see'. I had a big smash due to a 'blind' Peugeot driver pulling out across a dual carriageway. I could have happily wished him as badly injured as I was but of course he wasn't.

(her words lol :P) "

OMG ...sexism purely unintentional and I do apologise. My D'UH for the week...lol

I now have this image of a sassy lady in leathers (phwwaooorr) giving some twat the middle digit!

Mmm so the lady rides?..Both ride?

Bikes of course

"Well I wouldn't have used his words but I can understand where he is coming from. Been a biker all my life and seen at first hand how people may 'look' but they just don't 'see'. I had a big smash due to a 'blind' Peugeot driver pulling out across a dual carriageway. I could have happily wished him as badly injured as I was but of course he wasn't.

(her words lol :P)

OMG ...sexism purely unintentional and I do apologise. My D'UH for the week...lol

I now have this image of a sassy lady in leathers (phwwaooorr) giving some twat the middle digit!

Mmm so the lady rides?..Both ride?

Bikes of course "

Both ride bikes :D but only I (fem) use the forums lol

Loving this thread, certainly a very controversial topic, and alot on here I have heard over and over again throughout my years as a commercial road side breakdown fitter, interesting all the more to read everyones veiws

Bloody hell

Exactly, bloody hell .... piss poor comment to make, who 'hopes' people crash?

I do! Me, a person who nearly gets crashed into on a regular basis even in my car!... by people who clearly shouldn't even have a licence because they are blind.. and to the person who commented on my riding manner,,, you don't know how i ride and if you would like to watch a video of it there are many around on Vimeo and the like which will prove i ride in a sensible manner... and i am and always have been an organ donor... why because i believe its the right thing to do.. like looking before you pull out of a junction! "

You assume a lot, I always drive bike aware. My partner was killed on his bike a few years ago by tourists in a car only a mile away from our home.

I would still never wish someone be involved in a crash, even those who killed him.

By *umourCouple  over a year ago

Northants

"I do! Me, a person who nearly gets crashed into on a regular basis even in my car!... "

You see, If that is a true statement, I would look towards your own driving! Maybe you are not the driver/rider you think you are and there would be the problem!

It's like a guy saying that he can't keep friends because everyone seems to be too angry! Just maybe he is the one making them angry!

I have done the bike thing and love bikes, but I love life even more.. I gave up because I have too much to live for.. To say that no one is going to destroy my fun is just a bit daft! They will "Destroy" a whole lot more than your fun if you get involved in a crash!

"I do! Me, a person who nearly gets crashed into on a regular basis even in my car!...

You see, If that is a true statement, I would look towards your own driving! Maybe you are not the driver/rider you think you are and there would be the problem!

It's like a guy saying that he can't keep friends because everyone seems to be too angry! Just maybe he is the one making them angry!

I have done the bike thing and love bikes, but I love life even more.. I gave up because I have too much to live for.. To say that no one is going to destroy my fun is just a bit daft! They will "Destroy" a whole lot more than your fun if you get involved in a crash!"

Merseyside

Grrrrr

If she was apologising then she wouldn't have yelled at me and would have said sorry.

By the time I got to the lights I had forgotten about it."

You are both in traffic, both with engines on, both just had a scare. Her voice is raised so that you can hear her. You didn't forget. It's still annoying you. I'm glad you are both okay.

Merseyside

Courtesy saves lives.

Any idiot can swear, give the finger, or try to teach lessons to other drivers whilst they are all driving.

It's called agression. Your agression. You shouldn't be in charge of a fucking push chair.

That's to anyone who uses the actions of others to hide their own bad driving and behaviour.

Read your highway code. Get some more lessons or take an advanced drivers course.

There will always be 'other people' on the roads. Swearing at them won't help them improve. Maybe some haven't been driving as long as you have.

If you really can't hack the roads stop driving.

"The reason so many drivers are 'stroppy' is because there are so many vehicles on the road, including those driven by the contributors to this thread.

You are all part of the problem. Stop driving everywhere. Walk and cycle or use a bus if you really can't bring yourself to overcome your laziness and do some exercise.

Oh yeah, ill just get up and walk the 30 miles to work... that's sensible... "

of course its sensible! How dare you not walk! Xx

"I do! Me, a person who nearly gets crashed into on a regular basis even in my car!...

"

So me, Driving along a straight 30 mph road at the speed limit,,, getting pulled out on by other drivers, in my bright purple and orange mini, or on my motorcycle with the headlights on and a bright yellow jacket, is my fault is it? no i do most of my driving in cambridge city, people just don't look or care! i'm on the main road, its my right of way along their they pull out infront of me or attempt to pull out in front of me. none of that is anything to do with my driving, i'm not speeding, im highly visible and well aware of their appearance at the junction, they however seem to not be aware of my existance at all!

So no, it may not "help" anyone to drive better by giving someone the finger,, but it helps me feel better

Grrrrr

"

tch how very dare you not know exactly where her blind spot was - and she was in a 4x4 to boot. some peeps eh!

Grrrrr

By the time I got to the lights I had forgotten about it."

which is why you posted it here? lol

lots of idiots on the roads especially just after the Severn bridge and screaming down the M4 and M1.

My pet hate though are cycling clubs practicing and racing on main roads. People would have enough to say if it were car drivers doing this. The villages in north Notts are blighted with them paying more attention to their times than to other road users.

By *arkstaffsMan  over a year ago

Rugeley

"Courtesy saves lives.

Any idiot can swear, give the finger, or try to teach lessons to other drivers whilst they are all driving.

It's called agression. Your agression. You shouldn't be in charge of a fucking push chair.

That's to anyone who uses the actions of others to hide their own bad driving and behaviour.

Read your highway code. Get some more lessons or take an advanced drivers course.

There will always be 'other people' on the roads. Swearing at them won't help them improve. Maybe some haven't been driving as long as you have.

If you really can't hack the roads stop driving. "

"Courtesy saves lives. "

It is also a 2 way street...

"Any idiot can swear, give the finger, or try to teach lessons to other drivers whilst they are all driving.

It's called agression. Your agression. You shouldn't be in charge of a fucking push chair."

Its not MY aggression ..its MY response to THEIR aggression. Have you driven every sort of vehicle on roads from here to Africa and back and never caused an accident? Well I have and I am quite safe with a pushchair thanks...

"That's to anyone who uses the actions of others to hide their own bad driving and behaviour.

If you really can't hack the roads stop driving. "

No you are responding to those of us who have been on the recieving end of the fuckwits who you are actually describing! And for your info I competed in International rallies to improve my reactions and car control, I have done the Police High Speed driving course, the Advanced Driver test, completed 3 courses on Truck defensive driving and done the advanced biker course. Now where is my Highway Code ..

By *ORNEY PLM LADMan  over a year ago

plymouth

we all make mistake when we driving no one aperfic driver we all pick up bab habbits was probly a genuie mistake my her

"we all make mistake when we driving no one aperfic driver we all pick up bab habbits was probly a genuie mistake my her "

and why we never stop learning every day. If we want to.

I love to drive my 4x4 but so many people who get behind a driving wheel and think they have to drive at 80/90 mph and anyone who dares to slow them down are dickheads mmmmmm !!

Merseyside

"Courtesy saves lives.

It is also a 2 way street...

Its not MY aggression ..its MY response to THEIR aggression. Have you driven every sort of vehicle on roads from here to Africa and back and never caused an accident? Well I have and I am quite safe with a pushchair thanks...

If you really can't hack the roads stop driving.

No you are responding to those of us who have been on the recieving end of the fuckwits who you are actually describing! And for your info I competed in International rallies to improve my reactions and car control, I have done the Police High Speed driving course, the Advanced Driver test, completed 3 courses on Truck defensive driving and done the advanced biker course. Now where is my Highway Code .."

Thank you. You always save me so much rope. xxxx

"Thank you. You always save me so much rope. xxxx "

And you never fail to disappoint me . xxx

Northants

So me, Driving along a straight 30 mph road at the speed limit,,, getting pulled out on by other drivers, in my bright purple and orange mini, or on my motorcycle with the headlights on and a bright yellow jacket, is my fault is it? no i do most of my driving in cambridge city, people just don't look or care! i'm on the main road, its my right of way along their they pull out infront of me or attempt to pull out in front of me. none of that is anything to do with my driving, i'm not speeding, im highly visible and well aware of their appearance at the junction, they however seem to not be aware of my existance at all!

So no, it may not "help" anyone to drive better by giving someone the finger,, but it helps me feel better "

So, you are always getting pulled out on on straight roads doing 30mph! If that was the case and not at all overstated for effect Then I would suggest that maybe you are being over sensitive! I would suggest that you probably don't like to get people in front of you and are the type to accelerate jsut to "make a point"!

I pulled from a turning just this morning when there was a gap of about 50 yards in a thirty zone. I accelerated to 30 in a very short space of time and when I looked in my mirror, there was a chap (maybe you? It was a straight road!) coming towards me at a rate on knots! Well, I was doing 30 and he had increased his speed to make it look like I had pulled out.

I just carried on until we got to a set of lights, where he was turning right.. He had to pull up next to me and the look on his face was a peach! He wouldn't look at me and must have cought me smiling at him! He sunk down in his seat and our lane pulled away!

I still maintain, if you are constantly getting problems like this, way over what everyone else gets, look to your own style of driving!

"

I still maintain, if you are constantly getting problems like this, way over what everyone else gets, look to your own style of driving! "

It's not way over what everyone else gets.. i just don't tolerate driving idiocy as much as everyone else apparently does! Perhaps its because of my inherent sense of vulnerability on the road, perhaps its because i got hit by a driver driving like an idiot while i was a pedestrian so i know how much damage it can cause even at low speeds, or perhaps its because i am courteous to other drivers, i let them out at junctions when i can and its safe, i always say thanks when people do the same, i always look out for other drivers and also i don't care if people pull out in front of me, as long as they do so at a safe distance and get up to speed in a suitable manner,,, which is what you need to do to pass your test! if you cannot drive to the safe standard you needed to pass your test you shouldn't be on the road!

You sound like a safe driver, and i'm sorry about the asshole getting up your ass, HE obviously has a problem, but being that i am a SHE it couldn't have been me! but thanks for the implication that it might have been.

Northants

"

HE obviously has a problem, but being that i am a SHE it couldn't have been me! but thanks for the implication that it might have been."

Ha ha.. Well, the implication was just a joke as we live no where near each other.. I am a safe driver and I'll tell you what made me a safer driver.

I drive a lot of miles every year. I was always in a rush to get to where I was going.. Making appointments that were really too close together given the distance in between.. So, I was a fast driver! I wouldn't say dangerous, just fast. And as we know it is not speed that causes accidents, it is the idiots who driving that cause them!

Anyhoo, one day I was out and witnessed an accident by one of those idiots and it was not nice.. A few weeks later we went on holiday to Somerset and on the way home, I was caught speeding at 97mph on a dual carriageway.. I was lucky that the cop made a mistake and told me it was 96 and I would get a fixed penalty.. Because I was contrite, he decided to allow that to stand when he found his mistake.. Evidently, 97 is the line line where you go to court! But I still had NINE points..

So I slowed down and you know what? It was the best thing that happened to me concerning driving!I am more relaxed, see more and it is so much easier to text and look at facebook while I am driving! (Joke) I get many more MPG than I used to and the tyres are lasting way too long and the condition based servicing is so far apart, I have forgotten what a dealership is!

Not only that.. I enjoy driving again, not the adrenalin rush which it looks like I was adicted to.. In a 30 limit, I get flashed and tooted because I am doing 30! Cars overtake and give me the "bird".. You know what? Let em go, as long as they don't hit someone I know and love, they can do what they like, until their cathartic moment...

Take care y'all and drive safe out there...

» Add a new message to this topic