FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Poly Relationships

Poly Relationships

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *allgirthy OP   Man  over a year ago

Algarve

Super curious about this type of relationship and the dynamic involved. Doing things as a threesome - both in and out of the bedroom - has a certain thrill to it. Anybody live that lifestyle or tried it before?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Algarve

Clearly all the polys are having a good lay in! Best dynamic for lockdown!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I had one with 2 bi guys for about 9 months it was very interesting.

By *ulahlollipopWoman  over a year ago

Reading/London

Yeah I was previously in a relationship with a couple, loved it. We were together for about a year

Algarve

That’s good to hear. It seems strange that you could go back to a one on one dynamic after experiencing and enjoying it. I can imagine it’s full of tricky situations and strange emotions but when it works, it must be incredible.

By *rindiMan  over a year ago

chester

Certainly sounds rewarding in many ways, but complex im sure.

Algarve

Complex indeed. I guess you all need to be super relaxed and self assured. Set out some early ground rules and not be the jealous type. A lot to ask maybe. But I think I could handle it.

By *ulahlollipopWoman  over a year ago

Reading/London

I never felt jealous, we were very equal together and spent time all together but also each enjoyed alone time with each other at different times and in different ways. It was a wonderful experience and I’m truly grateful for my time with them. In the end they wanted to start a family and I was so happy for them but never saw kids in my future. We are still in contact as friends but nothing more.

As for going back to one on one relationships, that wasn’t strange either. A satisfying relationship is the goal for me rather than a particular type of set up

Algarve

Wow kids would be a very serious next step - I wonder how many polys go that far and stick with it. I can’t even imagine it. Great that you can be so fluid though and a good outlook on life to just aim for happiness and not get too hung up on a single idea.

Algarve

Anyone else?

Algarve

Reviving for another weekend in lockdown and dreaming of a better future!

Semi-poly......my wife has a b/f who acts as her Dom but I have no involvement.

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan  over a year ago

Aylesbury

"Super curious about this type of relationship and the dynamic involved. Doing things as a threesome - both in and out of the bedroom - has a certain thrill to it. Anybody live that lifestyle or tried it before? "

I tried it, I hated it. Then again I was the poor sap that had to share.

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

I've been in a version of one for a round 10 years now.

It isn't easy. The rows can be horrendous. The general day to day stuff can be mind numbingly boring. It isn't all puppy dogs and happy smiles. It takes more hard work than a couple relationship.

But when it works, it works.

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

I'm in a poly relationship but it's not a triad. That's a fairly uncommon version of polyamory in my experience.

[Removed by poster at 25/04/20 09:52:32]

"Super curious about this type of relationship and the dynamic involved. Doing things as a threesome - both in and out of the bedroom - has a certain thrill to it. Anybody live that lifestyle or tried it before? "

Is it like a BOGOS deal? Buy one get one free?

I'd say I'm more in an open relationship. But I'm sure a poly relationship could be amazing, but at times could be bit of a, minefield, I'd say would have to depend on all parties involved, and prob a lot of negotiating.

By *reya73Woman  over a year ago

Whitley Bay

I'm poly but am not in a three. My relationships tend to be one to one. We are openly non monogomous. There are a few ways polyamory works..the triad/three is rarer I think. I can imagine it's rewarding when done with care x

Algarve

Thanks all, some more interesting perspectives. I am particularly interested in the idea of being in a more permanent three all at once together type poly relationship but am under no illusion that it probably take A LOT of hard work. But as Redangel says, when it works, it must really work. And that’s exciting. But yes, quite rare I imagine.

The idea of this interests me greatly and I have often put thought into it happening - having also previously flirted with the idea and discussed with a previous partner.

By *weetandClassyCouple  over a year ago

Leeds/London

Nice topic. We are actually really thinking to have such a relationship but very difficult to find a right guy x

Algarve

"Nice topic. We are actually really thinking to have such a relationship but very difficult to find a right guy x"

Have you been looking?

Leeds/London

Yes we did actually and still slowly and carefully looking x

Yes we've been looking for a 3rd cog for a while now. Could be a lot of fun hey

Leeds/London

Yes very exciting and we are more than ready for such a relationship x

A male, female or to really confuse things. A couple lol

Algarve

"Yes very exciting and we are more than ready for such a relationship x"

Well you’re not far away if you ever want to talk!

One sided polyamourus marriage here. Wife has a regular long term boyfriend who she sees alone.

Algarve

"One sided polyamourus marriage here. Wife has a regular long term boyfriend who she sees alone."

Have you met him before?

We are poly. Unfortunately had a bad experience recently. Mrs was vetting someone to potentially start dating.. Until she received messages from his monogamous girlfriend of 4 years who had no idea what he was up to.

Sadly people think poly lifestyle is about about getting your end away all the time with everyone and anyone with no repercussions

Yes of course he is her personal trainer. He is a lovely guy to be fair and we have become good friends

"We are poly. Unfortunately had a bad experience recently. Mrs was vetting someone to potentially start dating.. Until she received messages from his monogamous girlfriend of 4 years who had no idea what he was up to.

Sadly people think poly lifestyle is about about getting your end away all the time with everyone and anyone with no repercussions "

that's very true, when my wife started seeing him he also had another girl on the go who was also married who's was husband unaware, the lass didn't mind him going with my wife as well but the Mrs made him promise to be exclusive to her if he wanted a long term relationship with her. He did it and it's working well for all concerned so far. You need honesty above all else.

By *entleman JayMan  over a year ago

Wakefield

"I never felt jealous, we were very equal together and spent time all together but also each enjoyed alone time with each other at different times and in different ways. It was a wonderful experience and I’m truly grateful for my time with them. In the end they wanted to start a family and I was so happy for them but never saw kids in my future. We are still in contact as friends but nothing more.

As for going back to one on one relationships, that wasn’t strange either. A satisfying relationship is the goal for me rather than a particular type of set up"

That’s a really lovely story. Thank you for sharing it.

Leeds/London

The problem is most of the guys not single as they said so! After you get plenty of stupid excuses on the phone x

Algarve

"The problem is most of the guys not single as they said so! After you get plenty of stupid excuses on the phone x"

Hmm weird that it would attract people currently in relationships in particular - surely there are less complicated dynamics to get involved in for that sort of thing!

» Add a new message to this topic