FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Eurasian Bison

Eurasian Bison

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *upermanslovechild OP   Man  over a year ago

Glasnevin

Would anyone know a good location in Ireland to introduce this population? I'd say somewhere in Donegal/Northwest would be good to introduce this species and even later reintroduce Brown bears then. Anyone agree or am I away with the fairies with this idea?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *enchtouristCouple  over a year ago

Armagh

Check out Wild Ireland on Facebook. Bears and other things reintroduced that were once native

By *antra MassageMan  over a year ago

Midlands

This is the most unusual post I've ever seen on Fab. It must be a code, a secret password to enter a Fab party.. Knock knock... Yeah?... Eh, European Bison!.... OK, come in.

By *s LollyWoman  over a year ago

The pub then supermacs ...

"This is the most unusual post I've ever seen on Fab. It must be a code, a secret password to enter a Fab party.. Knock knock... Yeah?... Eh, European Bison!.... OK, come in. "

Has that Friday feeling alright

By *ichael McCarthyMan  over a year ago

Lucan

I can't imagine we have anywhere near enough wilderness for such fine beasts. The save goes for wolves and bears as well I fear.

By *usietranslutTV/TS  over a year ago

carlow

"Would anyone know a good location in Ireland to introduce this population? I'd say somewhere in Donegal/Northwest would be good to introduce this species and even later reintroduce Brown bears then. Anyone agree or am I away with the fairies with this idea?"

Glasnevin would as good a place as any to start!!!

By *ohng69Man  over a year ago

athenry

"Would anyone know a good location in Ireland to introduce this population? I'd say somewhere in Donegal/Northwest would be good to introduce this species and even later reintroduce Brown bears then. Anyone agree or am I away with the fairies with this idea?"
contact Eamon Ryan from the green party- he wants to reintroduce the wolf back to Ireland.

Glasnevin

"Check out Wild Ireland on Facebook. Bears and other things reintroduced that were once native "

Oh I know about that place, plan on going up there during the summer but I meant properly released into the 'wild' not just a big enclosure for them

Glasnevin

"This is the most unusual post I've ever seen on Fab. It must be a code, a secret password to enter a Fab party.. Knock knock... Yeah?... Eh, European Bison!.... OK, come in. "

Jokes on you, Bison don't knock, they bulldoze.

Lucan

"Would anyone know a good location in Ireland to introduce this population? I'd say somewhere in Donegal/Northwest would be good to introduce this species and even later reintroduce Brown bears then. Anyone agree or am I away with the fairies with this idea? contact Eamon Ryan from the green party- he wants to reintroduce the wolf back to Ireland. "

Wolves would restore some needed balance in this country but a pack of wolves would require an area of wilderness the size of Connacht to survive. While they would deal with overpopulation of some small mammals, they would also need some big game to keep them fed. There's no hope for them in the wild.

Glasnevin

"Would anyone know a good location in Ireland to introduce this population? I'd say somewhere in Donegal/Northwest would be good to introduce this species and even later reintroduce Brown bears then. Anyone agree or am I away with the fairies with this idea? contact Eamon Ryan from the green party- he wants to reintroduce the wolf back to Ireland.

Wolves would restore some needed balance in this country but a pack of wolves would require an area of wilderness the size of Connacht to survive. While they would deal with overpopulation of some small mammals, they would also need some big game to keep them fed. There's no hope for them in the wild. "

Killarney National Park often has trouble with overpopulation with their red deer, plus that's a decent sized woodland area for them, but of course the other issue is the tourists and people living near the area. That's why I thought of the bison seeing as it's a herbivore, no worry about it attacking/trying to eat people haha

Lucan

"Would anyone know a good location in Ireland to introduce this population? I'd say somewhere in Donegal/Northwest would be good to introduce this species and even later reintroduce Brown bears then. Anyone agree or am I away with the fairies with this idea? contact Eamon Ryan from the green party- he wants to reintroduce the wolf back to Ireland.

Wolves would restore some needed balance in this country but a pack of wolves would require an area of wilderness the size of Connacht to survive. While they would deal with overpopulation of some small mammals, they would also need some big game to keep them fed. There's no hope for them in the wild.

Killarney National Park often has trouble with overpopulation with their red deer, plus that's a decent sized woodland area for them, but of course the other issue is the tourists and people living near the area. That's why I thought of the bison seeing as it's a herbivore, no worry about it attacking/trying to eat people haha"

Wolves don't really eat people though. They get a bad rep for it but it's rare for a wolf to kill a human. It just wouldn't be big enough for them. I don't think the Killarney terrain would suit bison either.

By *elle xWoman  over a year ago

Doire

Killarney National Park often has trouble with overpopulation with their red deer, plus that's a decent sized woodland area for them, but of course the other issue is the tourists and people living near the area. That's why I thought of the bison seeing as it's a herbivore, no worry about it attacking/trying to eat people haha"

Be a nice sight round Muckross House

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Eurasian Bison:

Dunno about reintroducing the fuckers...but it would make a great fab name

Glasnevin

Killarney National Park often has trouble with overpopulation with their red deer, plus that's a decent sized woodland area for them, but of course the other issue is the tourists and people living near the area. That's why I thought of the bison seeing as it's a herbivore, no worry about it attacking/trying to eat people haha

Be a nice sight round Muckross House "

Would help sort out them Healy-raes

By *an For YouMan  over a year ago

belfast/holywood

You could introduce one into my chest freezer no probs. Cut out the middleman

Glasnevin

"Would anyone know a good location in Ireland to introduce this population? I'd say somewhere in Donegal/Northwest would be good to introduce this species and even later reintroduce Brown bears then. Anyone agree or am I away with the fairies with this idea?

You could introduce one into my chest freezer no probs. Cut out the middleman"

Hey! You're running the second part of my plan, introduce the species then have a large produce of bison steaks....

By *an For YouMan  over a year ago

belfast/holywood

"Would anyone know a good location in Ireland to introduce this population? I'd say somewhere in Donegal/Northwest would be good to introduce this species and even later reintroduce Brown bears then. Anyone agree or am I away with the fairies with this idea?

You could introduce one into my chest freezer no probs. Cut out the middleman

Hey! You're running the second part of my plan, introduce the species then have a large produce of bison steaks...."

Well , only had Bison burgers and they were pretty delish

By *enchtouristCouple  over a year ago

Armagh

"Eurasian Bison:

Dunno about reintroducing the fuckers...but it would make a great fab name"

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Wolves would restore some needed balance in this country but a pack of wolves would require an area of wilderness the size of Connacht to survive. While they would deal with overpopulation of some small mammals, they would also need some big game to keep them fed. There's no hope for them in the wild. "

Another reason they would be wiped out by farmers as soon as they're introduced..

» Add a new message to this topic