FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Broken phone screen

Broken phone screen

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ontbesillywrapyourwilly OP   Man  over a year ago

Tipperary

If a phone screen is smashed (phone still working) can u order a new screen online?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ilthyNightsCouple  over a year ago

East / North, Cork

Generally you need to replace the whole LCD assembly.. what model is it

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"If a phone screen is smashed (phone still working) can u order a new screen online?"

Yes as long as you order the correct model and are happy to fit it yourself. It’s very fiddly with the tiny screws

Tipperary

"Generally you need to replace the whole LCD assembly.. what model is it"
Samsung. Not sure the phone they have. Is it easier just give it into a phone repair shop.

East / North, Cork

"Generally you need to replace the whole LCD assembly.. what model is itSamsung. Not sure the phone they have. Is it easier just give it into a phone repair shop. "

Sure it's easier.. a lot more expensive tho. Samsung screens will range from dirt cheap to crazy expensive depending upon the model

Tipperary

"Generally you need to replace the whole LCD assembly.. what model is itSamsung. Not sure the phone they have. Is it easier just give it into a phone repair shop.

Sure it's easier.. a lot more expensive tho. Samsung screens will range from dirt cheap to crazy expensive depending upon the model "

they might be nearly better off to get a new phone

East / North, Cork

"Generally you need to replace the whole LCD assembly.. what model is itSamsung. Not sure the phone they have. Is it easier just give it into a phone repair shop.

Sure it's easier.. a lot more expensive tho. Samsung screens will range from dirt cheap to crazy expensive depending upon the model they might be nearly better off to get a new phone "

It can be

By *ohng69Man  over a year ago

athenry

I was charged €120 to replace a screen on my Samsung phone, same price in repair shop and main dealer

A lot of newer Samsungs need oven temperatures to split the case open to get the old screen out. If you fancy this crack on, too low you could do more damage, too high and well you could do more damage. Model dependant of course

Tipperary

I see you can get a screen replacement for the phone on Amazon for 30 pounds.

Sure it's easier.. a lot more expensive tho. Samsung screens will range from dirt cheap to crazy expensive depending upon the model "

Exactly this. Could be anything from 10 euro to 50. Totally depends on the new the model of phone is.

Either way, if you can wait a few days, it will be way cheaper to justorder it on Amazon. Most screens come with the wee tools needed to replace it, then look up a youtube tutorial and it will show you step by step exactly what to do to repair that model of phone.

By *Sparkie.Man  over a year ago

Ratoath

I'm kinda every man has a job,you do your job and let the phone repair guy do his.

Skilled labour isnt cheap, cheap labour isnt skilled.

This has worked for me.

East / North, Cork

"I'm kinda every man has a job,you do your job and let the phone repair guy do his.

Skilled labour isnt cheap, cheap labour isnt skilled.

This has worked for me."

I'd mostly agree with this. There are also unskilled folks "having a lash at it" though so choose your professional carefully. Plus sometimes a youtube tutorial and a screwdriver can go a long way. Who knows. You're mileage may vary and caveat emptor.

I had this problem with an older Samsung s series.think it was a 4

All shops would only change both outer glass and inner screen together.

Ended up ordering outer glass.

A hair dryer and an hour or two of delicate picky out the pieces.

I did a smashing job bar leaving a shard in the forward facing camera

By *allyWally19Woman  over a year ago

The Road to Nowhere

I changed the screen on an iPhone I had a few years ago. Youtube video & one of those repair kits you can get online. All went well until I got a phone call. There was like a static sound on all my fecking calls!! I'd always go repair shop.

Pop into one of the GSM centre type places. They're Normally ok-ish in terms of prices

» Add a new message to this topic