FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Turas Nua

Turas Nua

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Who else is dealing with these? I am a nurse already getting screwed as it is. My employment is a hit and miss one week I could have a full week the next I could have noting.

I already got into trouble by missing 2 appointments due to working both those days.

I tried to explain no I actually explained it! Turas Nua kept saying its not a job.

And they where sending me to the likes of phone centers an crap. I am sorry but I didnt put myself through college only to pick up a phone for 10hrs a day...

The country is absolute joke run by snails grrrr..

Rant over

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ontbesillywrapyourwillyMan  over a year ago

Tipperary

"Who else is dealing with these? I am a nurse already getting screwed as it is. My employment is a hit and miss one week I could have a full week the next I could have noting.

I already got into trouble by missing 2 appointments due to working both those days.

I tried to explain no I actually explained it! Turas Nua kept saying its not a job.

And they where sending me to the likes of phone centers an crap. I am sorry but I didnt put myself through college only to pick up a phone for 10hrs a day...

Rant over "

I know a lad who worked as a plasterer but only getting maybe 2 days this week and a couple next week so on so forth. Had to attend turas nua and got lambasted when he missed appointments because he had plastering work on. I have heard its been done away with in September

Tipperary

"Who else is dealing with these? I am a nurse already getting screwed as it is. My employment is a hit and miss one week I could have a full week the next I could have noting.

Rant over I know a lad who worked as a plasterer but only getting maybe 2 days this week and a couple next week so on so forth. Had to attend turas nua and got lambasted when he missed appointments because he had plastering work on. I have heard its been done away with in September"

you might be getting part time work but you still have to attend turas nua

Rant over I know a lad who worked as a plasterer but only getting maybe 2 days this week and a couple next week so on so forth. Had to attend turas nua and got lambasted when he missed appointments because he had plastering work on. I have heard its been done away with in September"

its insane its working im on the dockets and even got signed an stamped by my employer that I was working on those days. And they went mental at me..

Tipperary

Rant over I know a lad who worked as a plasterer but only getting maybe 2 days this week and a couple next week so on so forth. Had to attend turas nua and got lambasted when he missed appointments because he had plastering work on. I have heard its been done away with in September its insane its working im on the dockets and even got signed an stamped by my employer that I was working on those days. And they went mental at me.. "

must be shit. I think those personal advisors pick up a bonus when they get somebody work also.

By *cottybear74Man  over a year ago

kilkenny

I used to deal with them.... And you're just a number to em

Rant over I know a lad who worked as a plasterer but only getting maybe 2 days this week and a couple next week so on so forth. Had to attend turas nua and got lambasted when he missed appointments because he had plastering work on. I have heard its been done away with in September its insane its working im on the dockets and even got signed an stamped by my employer that I was working on those days. And they went mental at me.. must be shit. I think those personal advisors pick up a bonus when they get somebody work also. "

yeah I heard that as well from a few of the lads I know that are on the same boat. But talk about pressuring you into a job that is not suitable for you is unbelievable..

"I used to deal with them.... And you're just a number to em"
yup like a lot of things in this your a number

By *lavemale66Man  over a year ago

Carlow

The question I could never seem to find an answer to is why have Turas Nua and the other crowd when we employ people in the Dept of Social Welfare to this kind of work.

Stinks of gombeenism to me, brown envelopes somewhere.

By *evil_u_knowMan  over a year ago

city

Never heard of it.

By *r MacmullyMan  over a year ago

Tarbert

They placed me in a job that I ended up having to leave due other issues. A lot of the people that were attending were in the same boat as you. I left that job due to issues working in confined spaces, as I have a touch of Claustrophobia and had to go back to them.they wanted to send me back to the same place!!!!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Rant over "

Nurse your profile pic suggests there's two patients that need attending to.. Get on with the job like the rest of us

Rant over

Nurse your profile pic suggests there's two patients that need attending to.. Get on with the job like the rest of us"

I have a job and I do get on with it like the rest of yous as ypu call it. But theres no way in hell are my gonna work picking up phones for a living not even a living. Check there rates of pay then come back to me. Maybe you dont pay for things in the real world like the rest of us do...

"They placed me in a job that I ended up having to leave due other issues. A lot of the people that were attending were in the same boat as you. I left that job due to issues working in confined spaces, as I have a touch of Claustrophobia and had to go back to them.they wanted to send me back to the same place!!!!"
well likewise with me I am 30 an they wanted me in with a bunch of 18 year olds like wtf

Rant over "

...maybe l've been under a rock ..but WTF is this " TURAS NUA " ???

Tipperary

Rant over ...

...maybe l've been under a rock ..but WTF is this " TURAS NUA " ???"

like a job centre as far as I know. You're assigned up with a personal advisor and they try help you get work.

Rant over ...

...maybe l've been under a rock ..but WTF is this " TURAS NUA " ???like a job centre as far as I know. You're assigned up with a personal advisor and they try help you get work. "

.....AHH ok..l see now...thank you so much ...l can now fully realise why the posts here are what they are ...places like TURAS NUA have no consept of how to deal with people's real life situations...they treat people like cattle...

By *ohnsmithMan  over a year ago

South Tipperary

Rant over "

This thing is a waste of good money. I was on it. They tryed to push me into a job I didn't not want. Its a numbers game. They get payed bonus if they get you work. They don't give a dam about you. All bull dust...

I was with them for a few months. They will basically haunt you until you get employment for a minimum of 30 hours a week. I found the advisor's to be useless as they were mainly unemployed people with no recruitment back ground. They don't care what job they place you in. They just see you as commission.

By *unnyfookMan  over a year ago

Naas

They don't know how to adapt to persons situation . It's like dealing with revenue it's their way or no way

By *ohnsmithMan  over a year ago

South Tipperary

"I was with them for a few months. They will basically haunt you until you get employment for a minimum of 30 hours a week. I found the advisor's to be useless as they were mainly unemployed people with no recruitment back ground. They don't care what job they place you in. They just see you as commission.

"

By *oreignaffairKKMan  over a year ago

Between W and KK

"I was with them for a few months. They will basically haunt you until you get employment for a minimum of 30 hours a week. I found the advisor's to be useless as they were mainly unemployed people with no recruitment back ground. They don't care what job they place you in. They just see you as commission.

"

The only difference between their advisors and people on dole that advisors have a keyboard and a screen facing to them...

As I heard they're always short of advisors, people are just in and out, they've tons of paperwork and pressure.

The only difference between their advisors and people on dole that advisors have a keyboard and a screen facing to them...

As I heard they're always short of advisors, people are just in and out, they've tons of paperwork and pressure. "

My advisor was quite sound but as a former prison guard that was taken off the Live Register to work for Turas Nua he was not equipped to help me. I used to have to advise him on things.

I did forget to mention if you haven't signed your contract then don't. You are under no legal obligation to sign it. It won't affect your Welfare entitlement. I refused point blank to sign it. They tried to force me but I knew my rights.

Tbf some people need haunting

Lots of lazy people out there treating the dole like a lifestyle choice

"

Tipperary

No person wants to be unemployed but no job should be forced upon a person either. People will apply to what in interests them

By *oreignaffairKKMan  over a year ago

Between W and KK

As I heard they're always short of advisors, people are just in and out, they've tons of paperwork and pressure.

My advisor was quite sound but as a former prison guard that was taken off the Live Register to work for Turas Nua he was not equipped to help me. I used to have to advise him on things.

I did forget to mention if you haven't signed your contract then don't. You are under no legal obligation to sign it. It won't affect your Welfare entitlement. I refused point blank to sign it. They tried to force me but I knew my rights. "

My partner dealt with them. It was a pretty awkward situation cause she wanted to start a barber course, cost €1500, social welfare office has offered €500, and would pay the rest. But a month before the start of the course, she was forwarded to Turas Nua, and somehow she wasn't entitled anymore for that 500 contribution. So I had to pay the whole amount.

People on dole are blckmaild, like if they don't cooperate with TN, their dole could've been closed etc.

Btw I understand the point of this, urge people not to scratch their ass at home for €200 per week, but their tools are pretty questionable.

"No person wants to be unemployed but no job should be forced upon a person either. People will apply to what in interests them "

Actually some people do chose to be unemployed

Though with minimum wage so low and benefits so high you could almost forgive it

By *owdyBoobyMan  over a year ago

limerick

Was just a way of fiddling the unemployment numbers.

Tipperary

"No person wants to be unemployed but no job should be forced upon a person either. People will apply to what in interests them

Actually some people do chose to be unemployed

Though with minimum wage so low and benefits so high you could almost forgive it "

they probably do but I'd imagine very few

» Add a new message to this topic