FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Memes

Memes

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Curious question..

Now and again I come across profiles which have memes in profile pictures.

Tried to upload a funny one relating to my username too but it got rejected (I wasn't in a photo myself)..

So what is the meme policy on fab? Is it okay to have them in profile photos(obviously quite a few people do) or is it not okay to have them?

I'm talking about real obvious ones where nobody claims to be the person (persons body parts or even cartoons at times) That's in said meme.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ohndunboyneMan  over a year ago

Dunboyne & Dublin

What's a meme?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"What's a meme?"

Generally hard to explain its basically a cultural thing or a photo with a caption but anything can be a meme really

It's defined as

an element of a culture or system of behaviour passed from one individual to another by imitation or other non-genetic means.

an image, video, piece of text, etc., typically humorous in nature, that is copied and spread rapidly by Internet users, often with slight variations.

By *ohndunboyneMan  over a year ago

Dunboyne & Dublin

"What's a meme?

Generally hard to explain its basically a cultural thing or a photo with a caption but anything can be a meme really

It's defined as

an element of a culture or system of behaviour passed from one individual to another by imitation or other non-genetic means.

an image, video, piece of text, etc., typically humorous in nature, that is copied and spread rapidly by Internet users, often with slight variations."

Thanks King.

Think I need an example to fully understand. Thought it was like a GIF.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Suppose it would have been wise to have an example:

https://images.app.goo.gl/uWdn8DSSx2mcE87ZA

By *wo AmigosCouple (MM)  over a year ago

dublin & the world

I tried using a cartoon I drew as a profile pic & admin would not allow as they said I was not in it ... a cock even if not your own can be a profile pic...go figure

as far as i know their not allowed but pics get through the picture mods all the time. their only human

"What's a meme?

It's defined as

an image, video, piece of text, etc., typically humorous in nature, that is copied and spread rapidly by Internet users, often with slight variations.

Thanks King.

Think I need an example to fully understand. Thought it was like a GIF."

A gif can be a meme, like for instance you posting what's a meme could become a meme in itself if it gets enough hits

"Curious question..

Now and again I come across profiles which have memes in profile pictures.

Tried to upload a funny one relating to my username too but it got rejected (I wasn't in a photo myself)..

So what is the meme policy on fab? Is it okay to have them in profile photos(obviously quite a few people do) or is it not okay to have them?

I'm talking about real obvious ones where nobody claims to be the person (persons body parts or even cartoons at times) That's in said meme. "

Mine got rejected twice. Even as a collage with the pics already in my gallery. I think it depends on the admin's mood

» Add a new message to this topic