FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Ghosting....

Ghosting....

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Why?? Just why?

Have people become disposable or is the "next one could be better" attitude on the rise?

Share your insights and pearls of wisdom..

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Is there an answer? I'd like to know too.

Do chats not sometimes just fizzle out?

"Do chats not sometimes just fizzle out?"

Definitely. Its the sudden disappearing act when the fizzle hasn't occurred that's perplexing. A "Take care" would suffice...

Well i met a guy few months ago, had a great laugh, full on texting everyday all on for meeting again and than the texts slowed completely and whoosh he's now a ghost.

By *etmebeurfantasyWoman  over a year ago

My town

Plenty reasons I have a young relative on tinder and he was talking and snapping each other(young wans snap apparently) asked her to meet and gone not heard of no more... he took it personally hes only 20..but I think any age it's annoying hurtful and instead of thinking it's there fault you blame yourself... yeah I know build and bridge and all that jazz but it's not nice when you on receiving end

"Plenty reasons I have a young relative on tinder and he was talking and snapping each other(young wans snap apparently) asked her to meet and gone not heard of no more... he took it personally hes only 20..but I think any age it's annoying hurtful and instead of thinking it's there fault you blame yourself... yeah I know build and bridge and all that jazz but it's not nice when you on receiving end "

True story esp when younger and only venturing into the world of relationships!

By *orguyMan  over a year ago

Tuam

I find it hard to continue chatting online or by text if you don't meet up or plan to meet relatively soon after the initial messages.

It's hard to keep up the chat when you don't know whether there will be any chemistry when you meet up face to face.

"Why?? Just why?

Have people become disposable or is the "next one could be better" attitude on the rise?

Share your insights and pearls of wisdom.. "

You're only ever good enough till something better comes along. Sad but true.

"I find it hard to continue chatting online or by text if you don't meet up or plan to meet relatively soon after the initial messages.

It's hard to keep up the chat when you don't know whether there will be any chemistry when you meet up face to face."

I agree. I think chatting has its own timespan before things do get boring and mundane.

I once ended up chatting to a guy off fab, we moved to Wattsupp and I he sent me pics of his dinner nearly every night!!!!

"I find it hard to continue chatting online or by text if you don't meet up or plan to meet relatively soon after the initial messages.

It's hard to keep up the chat when you don't know whether there will be any chemistry when you meet up face to face.

I agree. I think chatting has its own timespan before things do get boring and mundane.

I once ended up chatting to a guy off fab, we moved to Wattsupp and I he sent me pics of his dinner nearly every night!!!!

"

Takeaway or home cooked though

I've had it a few times on here they be full of messages and plenty keen, then they ask for WhatsApp it slowly grinds to a halt once there lol.

By *orguyMan  over a year ago

Tuam

"

So it was my cooking you didn't like

"

Haha... Decent cook? There is only so much "How was ur day?" u can take but when the banter is there and they hold your attention....

By *ortadowncplCouple  over a year ago

Portadown

Sometimes people just have enough. Think of it this way, you are on kik chatting to maybe 20 people or more. It gets too much with all the notifications so you delete Kik thereby ghosting 20+ people inadvertently. It happens, don’t read too much into it as you just don’t know what is going on in a person’s world.

By *oreThanOnceMan  over a year ago

Dublin

"Why?? Just why?

A younger, very kinky lady started to chat with me, we progressed very quick to Kik chats, all very interesting for about an entire day and night, just few weeks ago.

Face pic swapped, all really going very well, sharing each others kinks, matching a lot of them, Fet profiles exchanged too.

Anyways, next morning nothing.

Haven't heard from her since.

Few others in recent days, like in the last two weeks.

The last one, yesterday afternoon.

I was chatting to this girl for about two weeks, face pics swapped, friends on Fab, realy nice chat and I was very relaxed pushing no agenda. We were to meet at pre drinks, just an hour before the party and give her a lift to the party as she was single.

Got there and the moment I get there and said hello and started to chat and introduce myself she just went blank, like who the fuck are you and why are you even talking to me.

Not sure how to call her reaction, "ghosted in person" maybe?

I still don't know what prompted her reaction that she could not act in any other way, but the way she did.

"Why?? Just why?

A younger, very kinky lady started to chat with me, we progressed very quick to Kik chats, all very interesting for about an entire day and night, just few weeks ago.

Face pic swapped, all really going very well, sharing each others kinks, matching a lot of them, Fet profiles exchanged too.

I was chatting to this girl for about two weeks, face pics swapped, friends on Fab, realy nice chat and I was very relaxed pushing no agenda. We were to meet at pre drinks, just an hour before the party and give her a lift to the party as she was single.

Got there and the moment I get there and said hello and started to chat and introduce myself she just went blank, like who the fuck are you and why are you even talking to me.

I still don't know what prompted her reaction that she could not act in any other way, but the way she did. "

Classy lady. What happened to manners people change their minds etc just be an adult and say it. Hope you had a good night anyways

I think in this modern day society everything and everyone is so immediate and so disposal. People love the thrill of the chase and when they catch you they lose interest. They just want instant gratification.

When I started dating again in 2016 after being married for 13 year's I was absolutely reeling the first time I got ghosted in s very cruel way. I hadn't even heard of the term until I googled it.

"Why?? Just why?

I still don't know what prompted her reaction that she could not act in any other way, but the way she did. "

FUCK ...NO WAY !!! and ye had swapped face pics ...jeez...THAT last one my friend is a real head scratcher !!

"Why?? Just why?

You're only ever good enough till something better comes along. Sad but true. "

" They will never forget you till somebody new comes along " ...New kid in Town ...The Eagles ...sums it all up don't it ..

Dublin

Finally, few hours later I tried to understand what happened and all she could say was "I wasn't interested, as I felt no chemistry, you should understand that from my body language".

Now, I did understand it immediately, but that wasn't the point and she did not get that at all.

Trust me, I wasn't expecting a "break up note" on the drink coaster.

But sure, each to their own.

"Why?? Just why?

Personally l think that if you're fortunate enough to have got chatting to a lady...if she doesn't drop you a text or Message somewhere along the line first..as in ..not just replying to your texts ..then you're totally gone off her radar ..and absolutely nothing is gonna happen .so it's " ADIÓS Amigo "...they've obviously other targets...and you're history..that's if you were even anything in the first place ..such is life in the Jungle of Fab..

By *unLovingCriminalMan  over a year ago

Somewhere

People are all here for different reasons and unfortunately deal with what they want in various ways sometimes to the detriment of the other party,I've found ghosting is usually done because they either got what the wanted and have no interest chasing further or they dont have the balls to act respectfully.

Either that or there's an underlying situation taking over communication.

Saying that everyone's situation is different so it could be anything,but a bit of respect and civility should be given and expected for and to everyone.

To some people we're all just cocks,pussies and numbers so don't take it too personally people are just strange

Haha... Decent cook? There is only so much "How was ur day?" u can take but when the banter is there and they hold your attention.... "

Basically I got from switching the oven on..to opening the packet taken from the freezer to putting it on a tray in the oven.

BUT after a bit I got to see it sitting on his plate all ready yo eat!

I think they do when the realization that the chances of either meeting are zilch... For whatever reason..

"Do chats not sometimes just fizzle out?

Well i met a guy few months ago, had a great laugh, full on texting everyday all on for meeting again and than the texts slowed completely and whoosh he's now a ghost."

..ahhhh cue for a song here....Who ya gonna Call .??? ...Ghostbusters

People as want what they can't have and when they think they have if they no longer want it

People as want what they can't have and when they think they have if they no longer want it

"Plenty reasons I have a young relative on tinder and he was talking and snapping each other(young wans snap apparently) asked her to meet and gone not heard of no more... he took it personally hes only 20..but I think any age it's annoying hurtful and instead of thinking it's there fault you blame yourself... yeah I know build and bridge and all that jazz but it's not nice when you on receiving end "

That is the worst part of anything..one can straight away think there's something wrong with themselves when someone just disappears without any reason...even the " sorry ,not interested " would make it someway acceptable..

Well i met a guy few months ago, had a great laugh, full on texting everyday all on for meeting again and than the texts slowed completely and whoosh he's now a ghost.

..ahhhh cue for a song here....Who ya gonna Call .??? ...Ghostbusters "

No more like all by myself

They no longer saw any point in chatting. Sure it might be nice if they dressed it up, but the end result is the same.

Don't overthink it, they were doing what suited them.

No more like all by myself"

Awwww Jeez...lady...l don't believe that for a second ...cue another song for you ... it's raining men ... alleluia..it's raining men ...

Awwww Jeez...lady...l don't believe that for a second ...cue another song for you ... it's raining men ... alleluia..it's raining men ..."

Haha in my dreams lol

It's hard to keep up the chat when you don't know whether there will be any chemistry when you meet up face to face."

Im with ya on this. I'm all for chats to keep the things going on the run up to a meet and after if this went well. But with nothing on the horizon I find things turn to mondain chats fast.

By *ineapple_PrincessWoman  over a year ago

in the waves

It's very much a thing. People vanish all the time without warning, especially off this site.

Definitely. Its the sudden disappearing act when the fizzle hasn't occurred that's perplexing. A "Take care" would suffice..."

If there's no fizzle then it may not happen.

One could argue it's the male counterpart to an ignored messaged.

One may have started chatting for numerous reasons like a comment on a thread you liked, lending private support where needed, maybe just liked a particular photo etc. They may respond but there was no interest other than that and so it stops. It's not nice, but as with no replies it means not interested.

Somewhere

"They no longer saw any point in chatting. Sure it might be nice if they dressed it up, but the end result is the same.

Don't overthink it, they were doing what suited them."

Agreed they play it how they want as we all do

By *ebelRoadMan  over a year ago

Cork / Wexford

I had a similar experience.

Afterwards bumped into the woman and she said she's seeing 3 or more people to "keep her options open".

After that I went solo and found Fab.

It can be hurtful as you think, what did I do that was so offensive to warrant no replying.

Unfortunately it's the new dating way

Awwww Jeez...lady...l don't believe that for a second ...cue another song for you ... it's raining men ... alleluia..it's raining men ...

Haha in my dreams lol"

Well..dreams can come true ..don't know who sang it but she sounded pretty confident...don't know if she was on fab when she wrote it though

"People as want what they can't have and when they think they have if they no longer want it "

Better than then thinking they can have sex with them but it doesn't happen. Least they can believe it could have been rather than having a social and she says no.

By *ebelRoadMan  over a year ago

Cork / Wexford

"Why?? Just why?

People are jus cruel. Where before we fixed things now they get thrown away.

I love chatting and building up to a meet. If the meet works then all the better.

If I don't click I'm honest with the person and say it to them or in chat afterwards.

It's better for all and both sides might learn something from it.

Definitely. Its the sudden disappearing act when the fizzle hasn't occurred that's perplexing. A "Take care" would suffice...

One may have started chatting for numerous reasons like a comment on a thread you liked, lending private support where needed, maybe just liked a particular photo etc. They may respond but there was no interest other than that and so it stops. It's not nice, but as with no replies it means not interested."

Agree or there is another reason. They aren't patient enough to meet us and finally lost the interest.

I dont blame people for it. I'm busy and it is not easy to plan a fab meet. Social meet usually is easier to arrange.

Of course it would be nice if we can get the polite and short message but it is not end of the world if . we wouldn't. Being ignorant - this annoys me and few people been added to my block list because of it

By *elfastDMan  over a year ago

belfast

This is part of modern life I’m afraid

I much prefer old fashioned morals and attitude mixed with modern open relationship ideas

I suspect if they couldn't text or message and had to do it face to face they would struggle to speak

By *evil_u_knowMan  over a year ago

city

I dunno, happens me all the time, to the point where if I get a single message not replied to I just give up.

Too many times have I sent four or five "Hey, hows it going not chatted in a while" messages in a row having them totally ignored.

I don't like it cause it makes me feel like the creep.

"Why?? Just why?

Agree wholeheartedly. Happened to me when I thought it never would

By *oxic1998Woman  over a year ago

Belfast

"Why?? Just why?

You're only ever good enough till something better comes along. Sad but true. "

By *hocko87Man  over a year ago

dublin

i have often been chatting to a lady and just disapear on me ..No apparent reason think they get scared of meeting a guy i think ..

One may have started chatting for numerous reasons like a comment on a thread you liked, lending private support where needed, maybe just liked a particular photo etc. They may respond but there was no interest other than that and so it stops. It's not nice, but as with no replies it means not interested.

Agree or there is another reason. They aren't patient enough to meet us and finally lost the interest.

I dont blame people for it. I'm busy and it is not easy to plan a fab meet. Social meet usually is easier to arrange.

Of course it would be nice if we can get the polite and short message but it is not end of the world if . we wouldn't. Being ignorant - this annoys me and few people been added to my block list because of it

"

Bet I've added more lol, no reply is primary reason for being selected for my block box.

Bet I've added more lol, no reply is primary reason for being selected for my block box."

Am I blocked? Just checking! Hahaha

By *ucyssbbwWoman  over a year ago

Dublin

Totally agree. It's really difficult to keep the momentum going if chatting for a while and no plan for a social or meet. Sometimes it just naturally fizzles out.

Bet I've added more lol, no reply is primary reason for being selected for my block box.

Am I blocked? Just checking! Hahaha "

I must check, it's been a while

By *oeDolansBrotherMan  over a year ago

South county

It's hard to keep up the chat when you don't know whether there will be any chemistry when you meet up face bto face.

"

He must have thought you’d enjoy cooking one for him

By *ildmovementMan  over a year ago

Dublin

Boring reply’s or asking to meet once and they say yes but then you don’t want to harass them so you don’t ask again is the norm on here from what I see. If the chat fizzles out then I take that as I hint I’m just not interested to be honest and rather challenging someone on it by asking if they are interested then the chat just goes cold.

Has anyone ever seen a Ghost?

"Why?? Just why?

Once or twice I’ve forgotten to reply to someone, realised a few days later, apologised and tried to get things started again. By that time, she’s taken it personally and decided to ignore me. Fair enough, it was my fault to begin with. I often wonder how many times this has happened that I haven’t realised, and what might have been...

I've been guilty of neglecting maintaining friendships and connections on this, sometimes these things happen and its my loss. Of course I'm a fierce dull bastard too so I don't think I'm any loss to them either.

"I've been guilty of neglecting maintaining friendships and connections on this, sometimes these things happen and its my loss. Of course I'm a fierce dull bastard too so I don't think I'm any loss to them either. "

That made me laugh

It's hard to keep up the chat when you don't know whether there will be any chemistry when you meet up face bto face.

He must have thought you’d enjoy cooking one for him "

Thought never became reality lol

Too boring after a bit

Referring to all forms of interaction and not just Fab. Online dating, social media, face to face... Just deciding to cut ties with no notice, farewell or natural decline in communication.

"Referring to all forms of interaction and not just Fab. Online dating, social media, face to face... Just deciding to cut ties with no notice, farewell or natural decline in communication. "

Unfortunately, it happens. I’m often left wondering “what did I do?”

"Referring to all forms of interaction and not just Fab. Online dating, social media, face to face... Just deciding to cut ties with no notice, farewell or natural decline in communication. "

They aren't your friends. Much as people like to have social interaction, the vast majority of people only have a handful of real friends. This realisation often only dawns when life gets tough.

Even good friends may fall by the wayside as your lives take different paths. There are also those who simply cannot take the hint when a break might be entirely natural or a person may simply be toxic and cold turkey is the only way.

"Referring to all forms of interaction and not just Fab. Online dating, social media, face to face... Just deciding to cut ties with no notice, farewell or natural decline in communication.

They aren't your friends. Much as people like to have social interaction, the vast majority of people only have a handful of real friends. This realisation often only dawns when life gets tough.

Even good friends may fall by the wayside as your lives take different paths. There are also those who simply cannot take the hint when a break might be entirely natural or a person may simply be toxic and cold turkey is the only way."

That is a lot of truth in the big wheel we call life ...

I am a ghost of i get bored of waiting around to meet someone for months on end. Or just the lifestyle of a potential bores me etc etc. I don't mind ghosts it's ok i look with in and i have life. I move along ever so shiftly, next lol

"I am a ghost of i get bored of waiting around to meet someone for months on end. Or just the lifestyle of a potential bores me etc etc. I don't mind ghosts it's ok i look with in and i have life. I move along ever so shiftly, next lol "

I used to get a small bit disappointed if l sent a message and nothing came back..now lt honestly doesn't bother me in the least ...gone wayyyyyyyyyy beyond that....as l think everyone should...as in ..not get worked up over ladies not replying ...

By *safuntimes321Man  over a year ago

Galway

"Why?? Just why?

I thought it was just us men that are victim to this.

But we have to just keep going to find the genuine ones.

"Referring to all forms of interaction and not just Fab. Online dating, social media, face to face... Just deciding to cut ties with no notice, farewell or natural decline in communication.

Even good friends may fall by the wayside as your lives take different paths. There are also those who simply cannot take the hint when a break might be entirely natural or a person may simply be toxic and cold turkey is the only way."

"I am a ghost of i get bored of waiting around to meet someone for months on end. Or just the lifestyle of a potential bores me etc etc. I don't mind ghosts it's ok i look with in and i have life. I move along ever so shiftly, next lol

I used to get a small bit disappointed if l sent a message and nothing came back..now lt honestly doesn't bother me in the least ...gone wayyyyyyyyyy beyond that....as l think everyone should...as in ..not get worked up over ladies not replying ..."

Exactly, very true indeed, more to life like going to concerts i guess xx

I think this place and Kik etc is an escape from reality for most , and when reality starts to sink in here people move on .... its also my opinion that modern society is fickle and the amount of respect for fellow human beings is evaporating with the ozone layer and as rapidly

Folk don’t care anymore which is sad

Just my opinion , thou

Scared, shy, inconsiderate and vacant individuals.

Zero integrity. Zero respect.

Oh yea and that thing where the internet makes you anonymous.

Depends on the circumstances really.

Ghosting after meeting is harsh but the long and the short of it:

People are dickheads sometimes, people are selfish, people have other priorities, people have things they need to deal with, people aren't as into you as you them and people can be fickle and some people can just be using you.

If it's friends then they can come and go sometimes, if it's a relationship then it's a lack of respect to do or cowardly if they don't end it, if its just sex then maybe they've changed their ways or just found someone else.

It's them anyways, not you! But you can't expect people to behave how you'd like and sometimes on fab people expect more time or messages or an answer to why you don't want to meet and it's not always possible.

By *ohndunboyneMan  over a year ago

Dunboyne & Dublin

Just a small sidebar.

I have had Kik update before and it wiped all previous chats and friends.

If some haven't updated in a while and then do, or get a new phone, this may be one of the reasons.

Just saying, cos it happens.

By *eracityMan  over a year ago

the big smoke

"Depends on the circumstances really.

Ghosting after meeting is harsh but the long and the short of it:

People are dickheads sometimes, people are selfish, people have other priorities, people have things they need to deal with, people aren't as into you as you them and people can be fickle and some people can just be using you.

If it's friends then they can come and go sometimes, if it's a relationship then it's a lack of respect to do or cowardly if they don't end it, if its just sex then maybe they've changed their ways or just found someone else.

It's them anyways, not you! But you can't expect people to behave how you'd like and sometimes on fab people expect more time or messages or an answer to why you don't want to meet and it's not always possible.

"

This. Very much this.

"I am a ghost of i get bored of waiting around to meet someone for months on end. Or just the lifestyle of a potential bores me etc etc. I don't mind ghosts it's ok i look with in and i have life. I move along ever so shiftly, next lol

I used to get a small bit disappointed if l sent a message and nothing came back..now lt honestly doesn't bother me in the least ...gone wayyyyyyyyyy beyond that....as l think everyone should...as in ..not get worked up over ladies not replying ...

Exactly, very true indeed, more to life like going to concerts i guess xx"

Well..when you go to a concert..you know the artist is gonna show up and play...

it's hard to get someone to chat full stop.

By *aider190Man  over a year ago

swords

I suppose some just lose interest but what really irkes me is the fact that you go to the troUble of taking time to write to some and they don't even have the good manners to reply even if it's to say thank you but not interested

By *unnyfookMan  over a year ago

Naas

"it's hard to get someone to chat full stop.

"

The ratio of lads to women is high so that's the main reason ...maybe

By *evil_u_knowMan  over a year ago

city

"Just a small sidebar.

I have had Kik update before and it wiped all previous chats and friends. "

Kik deletes all the chats if you log out, so if the update logged you out then they all go.

But Kik is gone to shit, look at its page on the app store. Hundreds of new one star reviews, on mine it won't update display pic, let me send photos or videos and I'm not alone.

"I suppose some just lose interest but what really irkes me is the fact that you go to the troUble of taking time to write to some and they don't even have the good manners to reply even if it's to say thank you but not interested "

..true my friend...tbh..it's one thing getting their attention...it's something completely different keeping it...l actually left fab because of the amount of times ladies had promised to meet ..Kik chat...then totally denied they ever even said that they'd meet ..now ..l honestly don't care if they don't reply to a message here or delete it straight away...they have their reasons for doing so and l completely respect it 100% ...100% + ...not every shoe fits....but what it doesn't do is play on my mind at all anymore as it did at the start...but l had to go through the other crap first to realize what l needed to do ..ladies don't reply...ladies delete Messages...ladies " ghost " ..( so do guys ) and if they do ..they do....so be it ..hard to phathom out sometimes why but don't sweat it ...

By *uzz_BuzzCouple  over a year ago

Dublin

"Just a small sidebar.

I have had Kik update before and it wiped all previous chats and friends.

Kik deletes all the chats if you log out, so if the update logged you out then they all go.

But Kik is gone to shit, look at its page on the app store. Hundreds of new one star reviews, on mine it won't update display pic, let me send photos or videos and I'm not alone."

Kik is not as we thought it would be.

If you block someone, it only hides their messages to you instead of completely blocking them from being able to see the profile. They can still see your name and profile pics, as you update them.

The moment you unblock them, you will receive all the messages they've sent you, queued ready for you to see.

When you delete your account, make sure you delete your profile pics and names first.

I am not sure why, but when we deleted our couple Kik account, we thought the account will be gone, but guess what, it is still there, we just can't access it anymore.

So use Kik, as it is still very handy, just have the above in mind.

By *arriedDominantMan  over a year ago

Meath / Louth / Dublin

I find it just depends on the person and the type of chat. Sometimes the chat can be really engaging and such a turn on. But if it doesn't go anywhere interest is soon lost. And a lot of times the things that burn the brightest burn out quicker.

But totally agree regarding just not saying a "take care" or "I'm not interested anymore". It's just a lack of courtesy and basic manners.

I was stood up twice by the same person for a coffee meet. And she had a Veri from someone else that day. Didn't even bother to acknowledge me and just blocked me.

Some people are incapable of being adult about things. People need to grow up and treat people fairly.

"I find it just depends on the person and the type of chat. Sometimes the chat can be really engaging and such a turn on. But if it doesn't go anywhere interest is soon lost. And a lot of times the things that burn the brightest burn out quicker.

But totally agree regarding just not saying a "take care" or "I'm not interested anymore". It's just a lack of courtesy and basic manners.

I was stood up twice by the same person for a coffee meet. And she had a Veri from someone else that day. Didn't even bother to acknowledge me and just blocked me.

Some people are incapable of being adult about things. People need to grow up and treat people fairly."

That happened me too on numerous occasions...even drove to destinations over an hour away ..and never showed..BUT ...have also drove to places and it was breathtaking...not all the ladies here are timewasting string a longers...leaving the sex part out of it ..some are the most brilliant Beautiful people in both heart and mind one could ever wish to meet...

By *uzz_BuzzCouple  over a year ago

Dublin

"I suppose some just lose interest but what really irkes me is the fact that you go to the troUble of taking time to write to some and they don't even have the good manners to reply even if it's to say thank you but not interested "

Understand that some women or some couples get hundreds of messages a day if they post a new pic or if they post a status update.

Some others get just a few every day, but over a week, they still get well over a dozen messages.

Most of the messages are the same and the majority have dick pics attached.

Very few couples are interested in other men, single men or part of a couple, as these couples want at least another woman involved too.

Very few single women are actually meeting. Most like to chat with the hot guys, maybe meet for a coffee or a play meet.

Most of the "hot" guys on Fab won't go with any woman or couple, as they will always be in demand.

The small number of women on Fab and the high demand on "available women", definitely has lead to a lack of manners, but don't worry, as some men's or couple's attitude, is as bad as the one of some women that we complain about.

On line "anonymity" has taken away a lot of common sense, that might kick in, when you would deal with a person face to face.

People message things that normally, they would find unthinkable to say to someone in real life. But they forget, that Fab and messaging is still real life and that there is another human soul at the other end of that chat.

"I suppose some just lose interest but what really irkes me is the fact that you go to the troUble of taking time to write to some and they don't even have the good manners to reply even if it's to say thank you but not interested

Understand that some women or some couples get hundreds of messages a day if they post a new pic or if they post a status update.

Some others get just a few every day, but over a week, they still get well over a dozen messages.

Most of the messages are the same and the majority have dick pics attached.

Very few couples are interested in other men, single men or part of a couple, as these couples want at least another woman involved too.

Very few single women are actually meeting. Most like to chat with the hot guys, maybe meet for a coffee or a play meet.

Most of the "hot" guys on Fab won't go with any woman or couple, as they will always be in demand.

The small number of women on Fab and the high demand on "available women", definitely has lead to a lack of manners, but don't worry, as some men's or couple's attitude, is as bad as the one of some women that we complain about.

On line "anonymity" has taken away a lot of common sense, that might kick in, when you would deal with a person face to face.

People message things that normally, they would find unthinkable to say to someone in real life. But they forget, that Fab and messaging is still real life and that there is another human soul at the other end of that chat. "

Sums it up well

One reason I hardly ever send a message now. On this profile I've probably sent a handful at most. If a woman is interested shell get in touch and if she's read my profile then we probably have some common things. For me that's the biggest hurdle sorted. It works for me, even at my ripe age. Most however have my age filtered out but then there's no point in constantly chasing shadows.

Got a msg from a fabber to say I was mentioned on this podcast thing, hadn't a clue even what podcast was until now, topic was ghosting... suppose you'd have to define the difference between ghosting and desperation imo, chatting to someone and meeting up takes 2 people to organise and some wouldn't be desperate enough to drive 2 hours without a phone call or just a few txts, if a person didn't agree to have a quick chat on the phone before a 2 hour trip then nope defo wouldn't meet, sometimes people think it's a one way street on here with guys and maybe so to a certain degree but I'm afraid it doesn't work with them all. Anyway this podcast was hilarious, was on about being ghosted by me, I think she should rename herself Casper with all this ghosting going on its all she seems to talk about, scary stuff who0o0o0ooo

Long story short! People are dicks! Chivalry and decency are dead! Manners have given way to self interest and attention spans are non existent.

Dublin

"Classy lady. What happened to manners people change their minds etc just be an adult and say it. Hope you had a good night anyways"

I had a good night, as I wasn't alone and the sex party was the best one in Ireland by far.

"Long story short! People are dicks! Chivalry and decency are dead! Manners have given way to self interest and attention spans are non existent. "
ghosting is a female version of a guys why won't she meet me rant. A person can lose interest in another person it's not against the law it happens in this big bad world we live in, if it's a guy it's called rejection, if it's a girl it's called ghosting.

By *owdyBoobyMan  over a year ago

limerick

Don't expect anything from anyone on Fab and you'll never be disappointed. Don't take life too seriously and who knows you might even get out of here alive/a more rounded individual.

I have been ghosted a few times , I take as after some chats or meets there was no interest , no point on cry about it , I know its annoying when you had more than just chats with someone , but hey thats life , if they choosed to stop answer back , move on

By *leasureGuy17Man  over a year ago

City Center

"People love the thrill of the chase and when they catch you they lose interest. They just want instant gratification."

Now that’s the most accurate statement I’ve seen on FAB to date. It seems to be all about the chase and loving the attention. When it comes to actual meeting, they turn into Casper

I spent two nights chatting to a girl until the wee hours. Felt like we connected. Said she meet for coffee socially. Now being ignored here and kik. This happens a lot. As a bloke I was chuffed at a reply to my initial message and the chat was good for two nights. Then, just like that gone .... It is quite hurtful and tell me to man up as much as you like but most people take it a slight on themselves!!! I dare you not too

Chat becomes boring ...actions are louder

By *herieWoman  over a year ago

The Burbs

Ghosting is a reflection on the person who does it not on you. It may hurt your ego or even worse your feelings, but try not take it personally.

Plenty more out there xx

"Ghosting is a reflection on the person who does it not on you. It may hurt your ego or even worse your feelings, but try not take it personally.

Plenty more out there xx"

Can look at it anyway you like. Change your perception and expectations and it feels a lot better. It's not changed what it is though.

The Burbs

"Ghosting is a reflection on the person who does it not on you. It may hurt your ego or even worse your feelings, but try not take it personally.

Plenty more out there xx

Can look at it anyway you like. Change your perception and expectations and it feels a lot better. It's not changed what it is though."

Absolutely! 100% It is what it is. It's not a nice thing to do to someone

I blame Netflix.

The Burbs

I blame Casper

Unfortunately it’s just a side effect of the amount of different sites that are available to everyone nowadays...very easy to just move on to the next person (for some people that is!)

The Burbs

"Unfortunately it’s just a side effect of the amount of different sites that are available to everyone nowadays...very easy to just move on to the next person (for some people that is!) "

It's the same with everything nowadays unfortuantely. Next! Disposable society. Its a case of what's better out there? Who's Next? I'm generalizing of course. Not everyone is like that.

"

Was he trying to impress you with his cooking skills

"Unfortunately it’s just a side effect of the amount of different sites that are available to everyone nowadays...very easy to just move on to the next person (for some people that is!)

It's the same with everything nowadays unfortuantely. Next! Disposable society. Its a case of what's better out there? Who's Next? I'm generalizing of course. Not everyone is like that. "

So true... for example..a colleague of mine met someone on Bumble..exchanged numbers, went on a few dates. They had a minor disagreement and she went home, unmatched him and blocked his number and she just moved on immediately without even flinching

The Burbs

"Unfortunately it’s just a side effect of the amount of different sites that are available to everyone nowadays...very easy to just move on to the next person (for some people that is!)

It's the same with everything nowadays unfortuantely. Next! Disposable society. Its a case of what's better out there? Who's Next? I'm generalizing of course. Not everyone is like that.

So true... for example..a colleague of mine met someone on Bumble..exchanged numbers, went on a few dates. They had a minor disagreement and she went home, unmatched him and blocked his number and she just moved on immediately without even flinching "

That is strange. Maybe some people do it before it's done to them? Maybe it's nerves? Some people play games. Whatever the reason its a common occurrence and still not a nice thing to happen. The opposite can always happen and it can turn to obsession Not nice either.

So true... for example..a colleague of mine met someone on Bumble..exchanged numbers, went on a few dates. They had a minor disagreement and she went home, unmatched him and blocked his number and she just moved on immediately without even flinching "

If that's true, I'd call it a lucky escape from a psycho bitch - then again, you've only got his side of the story....

So true... for example..a colleague of mine met someone on Bumble..exchanged numbers, went on a few dates. They had a minor disagreement and she went home, unmatched him and blocked his number and she just moved on immediately without even flinching

If that's true, I'd call it a lucky escape from a psycho bitch - then again, you've only got his side of the story...."

Her side, I work with her, not the guy but you’re right

If that's true, I'd call it a lucky escape from a psycho bitch - then again, you've only got his side of the story....

Her side, I work with her, not the guy but you’re right "

Plenty more out there xx

Can look at it anyway you like. Change your perception and expectations and it feels a lot better. It's not changed what it is though.

Absolutely! 100% It is what it is. It's not a nice thing to do to someone"

Agreed it's not nice, but it's a product of what we have made modern dating/meeting/sex. It's not just the ladies that have access to the sweet shop. There's a lot of sweet shops that have appeared on the high street tinternet.

By *leasureGuy17Man  over a year ago

City Center

"I blame Casper "

Pretty disgusting to be honest. The amount of times I have been ghosted compared to conversations is stupid and really does piss me off. People have no respect for time nor others.

The worst part is the majority of couples or women who ghost approach me in chat.

It's not just a man think...

The older I get the more I realise that you can't make sense of people in this world.

People are nice when it suits them. People are jerks when it suits them.

By *iscreet_divorced_guyMan  over a year ago

central

I’d love to get a lady to even chat to me on here! At least then I might know what he are on about!

I’m not sure if I’ll ever experience being ghosted on Fab!!

The Burbs

"Pretty disgusting to be honest. The amount of times I have been ghosted compared to conversations is stupid and really does piss me off. People have no respect for time nor others.

The worst part is the majority of couples or women who ghost approach me in chat.

It's not just a man think..."

Likewise! I had 3 guys in a row ask me to meet them and then poof! Nothing. I would have never met short notice. I prefer to chat for a bit then a social public coffee meet. As I said previously, it's their issue not yours. Hence I don't meet anyone anymore.

Somewhere

The funniest one is the random block when you don't even do a thing I mean no sending them a message,no interaction,no nothing,just a block some people are just strange and think way too much of themselves

"The funniest one is the random block when you don't even do a thing I mean no sending them a message,no interaction,no nothing,just a block some people are just strange and think way too much of themselves "

Maybe they blocked you because you are too good to be real?

"The older I get the more I realise that you can't make sense of people in this world.

People are nice when it suits them. People are jerks when it suits them. "

People are all about you when and if they want or need something done ...when they don't they dont even look in your direction or salute you...but you have to go through all that to realise it ..

"The funniest one is the random block when you don't even do a thing I mean no sending them a message,no interaction,no nothing,just a block some people are just strange and think way too much of themselves "

I get that all the time .... look at their profile... I tick all the boxes even if there are 3 .6 million boxes, try to send a message and find myself blocked

By *iscreet_divorced_guyMan  over a year ago

central

[Removed by poster at 12/06/19 10:30:46]

So true my friend...I've came across profiles that l know truthfully that l've never messaged before ...go to send a message only to find l'm blocked by that person...the only reason l can think of is they must have mistaken me for someone else as they get hundreds of Messages...cause the one thing l know for sure a lady will NEVER get an ill written or abusive Messages from me ..and am not pushy at all ..if a lady don't reply...she don't reply...night will still follow day tomorrow...

"Pretty disgusting to be honest. The amount of times I have been ghosted compared to conversations is stupid and really does piss me off. People have no respect for time nor others.

It's not just a man think...

Likewise! I had 3 guys in a row ask me to meet them and then poof! Nothing. I would have never met short notice. I prefer to chat for a bit then a social public coffee meet. As I said previously, it's their issue not yours. Hence I don't meet anyone anymore. "

Their loss....

The random block without interaction doesn't bother me that much, the blockers obviously have their reasons and that's fine. Saves me sending a message and being rejected or ignored.

Somewhere

"The funniest one is the random block when you don't even do a thing I mean no sending them a message,no interaction,no nothing,just a block some people are just strange and think way too much of themselves

Maybe they blocked you because you are too good to be real? "

That must be it ah the block doesn't bother me that's the thing I just find it funny to be honest and sorry that you guys are having that experience but just keep trying with people that are worth it

The Burbs

"The random block without interaction doesn't bother me that much, the blockers obviously have their reasons and that's fine. Saves me sending a message and being rejected or ignored. "

Who are they Karl I'll thump them or you

I don't think ghosting is any worse than a lack of replies. If someone finds it not worth there effort then they don't bother. It happens more often in Fab than in 'regular' life.

"The random block without interaction doesn't bother me that much, the blockers obviously have their reasons and that's fine. Saves me sending a message and being rejected or ignored. "

Aw who in their right mind would block you

Never seen why being blocked offends anyone. Shouldn't be taken personal, it's a filter, same as any other. You wouldn't be wanting to meet someone whom you do not interest. Blocking filters them out for you. Both people need to want to meet for something fun to happen.

There once was a fabber

With nothing to do

Cept ghost and block

Both me and you.

But what do we care

Its their feckin loss

We'll meet nicer people

We're still our own boss.

» Add a new message to this topic