FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > The thread about threads

The thread about threads

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *verage Joe Black OP   Man  over a year ago

Border Area

Most people on the forums post new threads about all sorts of things. But as an Original Poster (OP), how do you handle your thread when its out there? Do you:

1) Set it adrift, say goodbye and maybe check in on it now and again?

2) Wait to see what happens and respond into it only when you see something worth responding to?

3) Act like a “host” as you feel obliged to respond to all the other people who posted messages there?

4) Have a huge ego, want your thread to be top of the pile and so reply to as many messages as possible to keep it near the top and swell the message count?

Who's a 1? Or a 2? More importantly: who’s a 4..?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I’d say I’m a mix between 1 & 2... I tend to get bored after awhile

I always intend to host it and boost my ego but I am easily distr

Pretty much 1, short attention span

All depends on how it flows really

"Most people on the forums post new threads about all sorts of things. But as an Original Poster (OP), how do you handle your thread when its out there? Do you:

2) Wait to see what happens and respond into it only when you see something worth responding to?

3) Act like a “host” as you feel obliged to respond to all the other people who posted messages there?

4) Have a huge ego, want your thread to be top of the pile and so reply to as many messages as possible to keep it near the top and swell the message count?

Who's a 1? Or a 2? More importantly: who’s a 4..? "

I just leave the post to stay on and see what people say,I only reply to some wannabe smart arse sometime

"Most people on the forums post new threads about all sorts of things. But as an Original Poster (OP), how do you handle your thread when its out there? Do you:

Who's a 1? Or a 2? More importantly: who’s a 4..? I just leave the post to stay on and see what people say,I only reply to some wannabe smart arse sometime "

Bit of both, but I do like a last word somtimes hence killing the thread

By *BelfastGuyMan  over a year ago

Belfast

I like threads and try to come up with new ones. Good way of getting to know people and see who responds. 1&2 btw

By *igBlondeDommeWoman  over a year ago

middle of nowhere

4. Just to boost my ego .

Replying to posts on a thread you start is part of the process. If its a fun thread why not keep it going. The forum is full of doom and gloom atm, trolls and people trying to be smart arses in an attempt to

1. Look clever.

2. Look funny.

Thing is the good people of Fab are far too clever to be taken in by all that shenanigans

By *he rover returnedWoman  over a year ago

xxx

I post and if there's good responses and good banter ill host, if its a pile of piss i move on

These things are so much effort at times post topic, respond to some if worth responding too then say goodbye.

"4. Just to boost my ego .

Replying to posts on a thread you start is part of the process. If its a fun thread why not keep it going. The forum is full of doom and gloom atm, trolls and people trying to be smart arses in an attempt to

1. Look clever.

2. Look funny.

Thing is the good people of Fab are far too clever to be taken in by all that shenanigans "

Well said I have no time for that ould shenanigans.

"These things are so much effort at times post topic, respond to some if worth responding too then say goodbye. "

I like your style, Feck that straight to business, not all of us have that luxury

"4. Just to boost my ego .

1. Look clever.

2. Look funny.

Thing is the good people of Fab are far too clever to be taken in by all that shenanigans "

By *orguyMan  over a year ago

Tuam

Who's a 1? Or a 2? More importantly: who’s a 4..? "

5 Post a thread and when it's not getting any attention post another asking where the first thread has gone and pretend you cannot find it

And pretend you've never heard of forum search or the green tick

By *verage Joe Black OP   Man  over a year ago

Border Area

5 Post a thread and when it's not getting any attention post another asking where the first thread has gone and pretend you cannot find it

And pretend you've never heard of forum search or the green tick "

You must be mistaken: never seen that happen

By *orguyMan  over a year ago

Tuam

And pretend you've never heard of forum search or the green tick

You must be mistaken: never seen that happen "

Sure your not here that long Joe.

I've seen a local pundit pull it off

1 or 2 but have responded in 3 if the OP required it.

» Add a new message to this topic