FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Just opinions.

Just opinions.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

We’re sure everyone is in agreement. In the fabbersphere the single fem reigns supreme but in the real world does privilege actually exist? If so please supply examples.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *irtypair00Couple  over a year ago

Dublin

Sitting with the popcorn to watch this one lol

Mr dirty xx

"Sitting with the popcorn to watch this one lol

Mr dirty xx"

That’s why we posted it. Tis what the forums should be used for. Opinions.

By *ingerrrrWoman  over a year ago

Meath

I think good looking people are treated differently in all realms.

So I guess that’s a privilege..

By *j47Man  over a year ago

dublin

I would have said no but it depends on ho was much money u have there will always be those that believe they are better than others

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It does exist but alot of the time it's hard to prove. For me good looking people are very privileged, especially women.

Also depending on your economic status you're more likely to be privileged too.

I even see privileges handed out to students. Take a 20yr old student who takes drugs and goes out causing anti social behaviour and then do the same with a 20yr old from a disadvantaged area. One will get a slap on the wrist and one will face court (that's what it feels like to me but like I said it's hard to prove privilege in most cases).

I also can't debate my comments now because I have to see someone soon so I probably shouldn't have given my opinion haha but the answer is yes, privileges exist outside fab but they're not necessarily in favour female or male in most cases it's status I find.

By *adame BWoman  over a year ago

C'est moi Boudoir

"We’re sure everyone is in agreement. In the fabbersphere the single fem reigns supreme but in the real world does privilege actually exist? If so please supply examples. "

I don't think they reign supreme. I think they have it easier than single males but with each dynamic comes it's own difficulties. Having previously been the elusive unicorn and part of a FF couple and now part of a MF couple...each dynamic has it's differences, benefits and difficulties. How inflated a person's ego gets is based on their personalities not their dynamic. A compliment on fab is as real as a username! I think it's fantasy that single females reign supreme.

By *ortadowncplCouple  over a year ago

Portadown

I would like to hear an example of one right a man has that a woman doesn’t in the western world. I’ll then give one a woman had that s man doesn’t!

Men have the privilege of dying in work 97% of workplace deaths last year were men

Men have the privilege of being victims of spousal abuse nearly 50% of the time but where are all the men’s shelters (most abusive relationships are lesbian btw)

Men have the privilege of being excluded from international anti slavery agreements - no person shall be forced to work against their will except those in the military or prison (95% Male)

Men have the privilege of disproportionately longer prison sentences for crimes equal to their female counterparts.

Yes I feel strongly and yes I’m a woman

I think in the interest of fairness the retirement age for women should up upped 2yrs since they live 4 yrs longer on average in Ireland. Who agrees?

"I think in the interest of fairness the retirement age for women should up upped 2yrs since they live 4 yrs longer on average in Ireland. Who agrees? "

Controversial

"Sitting with the popcorn to watch this one lol

Mr dirty xx"

Make room on the sofa Mr and pass the popcorn. Would you like a diet

Going to throw this into the mix..... there has yet to be a president of America that is female. So at the moment men have been supreme there

Men rule the marvel movies too

"Going to throw this into the mix..... there has yet to be a president of America that is female. So at the moment men have been supreme there "

J Edgar Hoover was a cross dresser so it’s not past the possibility to say at some stage America could possibly have been governed by a man identifying as female or gender fluid. We just don’t know what goes on behind the doors of the whitehouse.

I have an allergic reaction to the term privilege these days.

It's misused and completely misunderstood.

It's an oversimplistic idea spreading like wild fire through memes and ignorance.

If you look at the reality of the world (I watched two documentaries about Lagos and Pittsburg last night....both very rich and very poor in parts) ...some people have it very very good and some people have it very very bad....you can't generalise by sex, colour, nationality etc. .....it's at a community level.

I think the only privilege these days is to not be born into poverty or an oppressive regime...after that you're on your own to use your talents to get ahead.

By *longshottMan  over a year ago

Limerick

It's more the price of endearment scenario we see.

As longest humans are evaluated by their balance sheet rather than by their individual traits - there will be privileges and the abusive usage thereof . The entire world is spilt in 2% of very wealthy , well protected , powerful elite , approx 30% of people doing alright with a band with reaching from joining the 2% with a bit of luck or joining the remaining 68% of poor feckers around the globe . This 30% will do everything to join some day the 2% and making sure that the 2% are safe by keeping the 68% in their place

By *longshottMan  over a year ago

Limerick

"As longest humans are evaluated by their balance sheet rather than by their individual traits - there will be privileges and the abusive usage thereof . The entire world is spilt in 2% of very wealthy , well protected , powerful elite , approx 30% of people doing alright with a band with reaching from joining the 2% with a bit of luck or joining the remaining 68% of poor feckers around the globe . This 30% will do everything to join some day the 2% and making sure that the 2% are safe by keeping the 68% in their place "

A self governing system. I enjoyed reading that mainly because I never thought of it like that but I would say could be quite accurate.

"I have an allergic reaction to the term privilege these days.

It's misused and completely misunderstood.

It's an oversimplistic idea spreading like wild fire through memes and ignorance.

If you look at the reality of the world (I watched two documentaries about Lagos and Pittsburg last night....both very rich and very poor in parts) ...some people have it very very good and some people have it very very bad....you can't generalise by sex, colour, nationality etc. .....it's at a community level.

I think the only privilege these days is to not be born into poverty or an oppressive regime...after that you're on your own to use your talents to get ahead.

Very well put. We ourselves don’t believe privilege exists. To be born into wealth isn’t privilege. It’s blind luck. Recently seen a debate and someone actually suggested rich white men should give some money back to poor people. Key word being “back”. Bill Gates isn’t one of the richest men in the world because he took money from poor people through privilege. He came up with a product and a business plan and he worked it.

Privilege doesn’t exist. Privilege only exists in the minds of the people who think they are being oppressed. We don’t look down on anyone and we certainly don’t look up to anyone.

"

Best quote I've read in a while

"Such restrictions do not come from the state itself, rather from the forceful establishment of an intellectual monoculture by an overactive thought police in the media and cultural life."

The likes of Fintan O'Toole and Louie O'Neill telling us we should never have been born

By *he Kinky KinksCouple  over a year ago

Dublin-Kildare

I wear a suit for work, and I have to be crisp and smartly dressed, I can say with confidence that when I am suited & booted I get a very different response from people to when I’m in my jeans, t-shirt and converse (that i prefer way more)

It’s ridiculous and Mrs has been with me many a time and noticed the reactions.

Maybe not what the OP meant, but in the same vein I think..

» Add a new message to this topic