FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Kilts

Kilts

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

How's everyone getting on those fine may morning? I just wanted to ask what is everyones view on kilts? I've a gala ball coming up soon and I think I may buyou a kilt for it, I know the kilt is Scottish butility I also believe it is Irish too and I haven't asked Professor Google on this.

But I myself although I'm Irish I'm also a Celt and the Kilt is definitely Celtic. Any way I think it would look Effing fantastic so I think I just may, I'm probably opening a can of worms here but what's everyone's thoughts, views and dare I say it opinions?? Lol much love xx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *eauhoMan  over a year ago

City Centre

They cost a small fortune new by all accounts, but you can hire them also, they can look look great teamed with the right outfit. No undies obvs, it's the code of the kilt.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"How's everyone getting on those fine may morning? I just wanted to ask what is everyones view on kilts? I've a gala ball coming up soon and I think I may buyou a kilt for it, I know the kilt is Scottish butility I also believe it is Irish too and I haven't asked Professor Google on this.

But I myself although I'm Irish I'm also a Celt and the Kilt is definitely Celtic. Any way I think it would look Effing fantastic so I think I just may, I'm probably opening a can of worms here but what's everyone's thoughts, views and dare I say it opinions?? Lol much love xx "

Don't like them lol

be way cheaper to rent , if you looking for quality kilt and whole outfit shirt , jacket , brogues , socks etc it's a pretty penny.

If going to, i would invest in family tartan check your name to see if one is available , will make a nice conversation peice to tell history of it to the ladies lol

Unfortunately I don't have a tartan but I've seen some lovely quality pieces second hand one eBay etcetera with the full regalia so I'm thinking of going down that route so I'll always have it for another time the likes of weddings and so on. What do you call the daggers for the socks?

By *ichael McCarthyMan  over a year ago

Lucan

The knife is called a sgian dubh.. In this country it would be spelt scian dubh, pronounced skeean doo.

Scian is Gaeilge for knife.

Dubh is black but in this case means something like concealed or secret?

"The knife is called a sgian dubh.. In this country it would be spelt scian dubh, pronounced skeean doo.

Scian is Gaeilge for knife.

Dubh is black but in this case means something like concealed or secret? "

That's right I remember now, the hidden knife. Thanks Michael.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I have rented them and your talk €300 for a night plus a deposit and to be honest they are uncomfortable and you get sick of everyone asking to see your bits

Thanks lads

» Add a new message to this topic