FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > commercial vehicle roadworthiness test

commercial vehicle roadworthiness test

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ontbesillywrapyourwilly OP   Man  over a year ago

Tipperary

got a letter to say my van has to go for this. prob Is when I go to book it, it says 111.60 is price. is that not huge? I thought when van is taxed and insured as private it would be diff?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rossflow daveMan  over a year ago

Mullingar

It still needs to be tested every year as its a commercial vehicle, regardless of the fact your running it as a private vehicle !

Tipperary

"It still needs to be tested every year as its a commercial vehicle, regardless of the fact your running it as a private vehicle !"
so even though it's private you have to the commercial cost of 111?

Mullingar

Yes , it's a great little country we live in! Isn't it?

Tipperary

"Yes , it's a great little country we live in! Isn't it?"
some fucking prove for a test and I thought the NCT on a car was bad

By *erryduoCouple  over a year ago

Killarney

If there are two options when it comes to cars or vans....guaranteed you will get nailed with the most expensive one

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Jesus it's only €111.16 down this part of the world you're getting screwed at €111.60 but ya it's a rip off and around €44 for a retest if it fails, when you get the invoice have a look at how much is tax that'll sicken you even more

Tipperary

why is a van test so expensive compared to a car?

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

Welcome to Ireland. Nothing makes sense when it comes down to cars and vans.

I'm having a petrol car I use for business purposes, I can't claim vat on petrol because diesel is what 'they' decided is for business. It's ridiculous.

By *ohng69Man  over a year ago

athenry

"Jesus it's only €111.16 down this part of the world you're getting screwed at €111.60 but ya it's a rip off and around €44 for a retest if it fails, when you get the invoice have a look at how much is tax that'll sicken you even more "

I got a van tested last year and it failed due to rust. I got it repaired and re-tested only for them to find another problem that required more repairs and a second retest. 111 + 44 + 44 on top of cost of repairs. Also, it all had to be done within 21 days of first test, otherwise it would be classed as a new test at a cost of 111. I argued the second retest charge but got no joy. Total ripoff. To make things worse its an annual test

Mullingar

The rsa monitor the doe test centers by cctv and often turn up unannounced and retest a vehicle that's been passed just to make sure that the testers aren't letting anything through unless it's 100%

If u have the van taxed and insured privately u might be able to get it ncted rather than a doe. The only good thing with the doe is that in the course of a year there shouldn't be any major problem with van unless u are dogging it all the time. €111 could save ur life if the guy picks up something seriously wrong

By *atr247Man  over a year ago

around

"Jesus it's only €111.16 down this part of the world you're getting screwed at €111.60 but ya it's a rip off and around €44 for a retest if it fails, when you get the invoice have a look at how much is tax that'll sicken you even more

I got a van tested last year and it failed due to rust. I got it repaired and re-tested only for them to find another problem that required more repairs and a second retest. 111 + 44 + 44 on top of cost of repairs. Also, it all had to be done within 21 days of first test, otherwise it would be classed as a new test at a cost of 111. I argued the second retest charge but got no joy. Total ripoff. To make things worse its an annual test"

Sounds like my jeep had the same tester 4 test 2 engineers certs and a big bar to whack the shit of the underside of the jeep....

By *hocko87Man  over a year ago

dublin

It's the greatest scam going . They give us crap roads to drive on so our vehicles get damaged and then we pay to get them tested . The whole government should be put up against the wall for the hookery and crookery that goes on here .

"Welcome to Ireland. Nothing makes sense when it comes down to cars and vans.

I'm having a petrol car I use for business purposes, I can't claim vat on petrol because diesel is what 'they' decided is for business. It's ridiculous. "

But you can claim mileage which is more tax efficient

By *ichael McCarthyMan  over a year ago

Lucan

"If u have the van taxed and insured privately u might be able to get it ncted rather than a doe. The only good thing with the doe is that in the course of a year there shouldn't be any major problem with van unless u are dogging it all the time. €111 could save ur life if the guy picks up something seriously wrong"

There's the key point. It could actually save your life. It could save numerous lives. The price has fluctuated quite a bit over the last twenty years. There was a time when it was €120 and then you had to pay your local authority another €20 just to print out the crw. That used to really boil my piss. At least now when you pay for the test you get the certificate without paying another fee.

» Add a new message to this topic