FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > French students

French students

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Ok so in my job we have a few students with us from France on work experience and where having a little going away party for them. Has anyone got any good tips on maybe a French dish or wine for them as I know sweet feck all about French stuff. Was gonna go with the owl irish send off but can't be doing that too them they have bin with us a good while now I'd say there sick of irish stuff.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

You want to cook French food and serve it to French people? Brave you are

By *galway1988Man  over a year ago

galway

A good french wine is chateau de pape, is a bit expensive

"A good french wine is chateau de pape, is a bit expensive "
must keep that in mind cheers oh there worth every penny I have too say they where a great help with us

"You want to cook French food and serve it to French people? Brave you are "
well il give it ago weather it works out I don't no lol

"You want to cook French food and serve it to French people? Brave you are well il give it ago weather it works out I don't no lol "

Good luck in that case! Hope it goes well

Beef bourguignon is tasty as fuck, you might want to have a look at it.

By *amollieCouple  over a year ago

Dublin

well they do like to eat frogs & snails ? and maybe a nice french wine with that /

"You want to cook French food and serve it to French people? Brave you are well il give it ago weather it works out I don't no lol

Good luck in that case! Hope it goes well

Beef bourguignon is tasty as fuck, you might want to have a look at it."

haha well at least they can say the paddy man tryed lol.

Il Google it and see can I whip it up and try it for meself if I puke then il leave it il stick too the wine

"well they do like to eat frogs & snails ? and maybe a nice french wine with that /"
I'm not sure if the students do but it's part of France that they eat frogs an snails but I wouldn't have a clue where too get frogs and snails that u can eat though. Haha be funny in the local supermarket sorry where's your frogs and snails lol

Put a snail trap in your garden tonight then marinate the snails in garlic and wine , cook over a hot heat ....et voila, bon apetit!!

Few easy ideas there

http://www.realsimple.com/m/food-recipes/recipe-collections-favorites/easy-french-recipes/pan-seared-steak-au-poivre

Châteauneuf-du-Pape is a beautiful red wine it can have up to 13 grape varieties blended in it,in my experience it's best to read the back of the bottle and go for one which has less in it maybe only a blend of 3 -5 grape types.A good alternative to it would be a bottle of Côtes du Rhône in the €15 price range,Aldi are doing some pleasant wines at good prices these days I hear.Decant the wine into a jug and as you p[our splosh it in it will get air into it which will bring out the aromas and serve at room temperature.

As for the food side of things 2 very simple dishes to make are coq au vin or cassoulet,I'd go for a light white wine in the coq dish if your going to serve the red wine at the table too.

Why not get the students involved with the cooking and you will pick up a few tips from them.Bon appétit.

By *oulbotMan  over a year ago

Hi. I am French but 40 so I may not be helpful. I suggest if they are young but over 18: nice wines, few beers, finger food, bbq or a simple sirloin with chips but rare. At the end they may only want to party. Enjoy...

"Put a snail trap in your garden tonight then marinate the snails in garlic and wine , cook over a hot heat ....et voila, bon apetit!! "

lol!!

Some great tips guys you no your French stuff that's for sure thanks a million for your help your a great owl bunch

"Put a snail trap in your garden tonight then marinate the snails in garlic and wine , cook over a hot heat ....et voila, bon apetit!! "

You've to purge them for a few days before cooking them, otherwise you'll need a trip to A&E

"Hi. I am French but 40 so I may not be helpful. I suggest if they are young but over 18: nice wines, few beers, finger food, bbq or a simple sirloin with chips but rare. At the end they may only want to party. Enjoy..."
the youngest we have is 20 and the oldest is 26 so over the age too drink and that

"Put a snail trap in your garden tonight then marinate the snails in garlic and wine , cook over a hot heat ....et voila, bon apetit!!

You've to purge them for a few days before cooking them, otherwise you'll need a trip to A&E"

Omg! Ok backtrack backtrack...it was just a joke..honest!!

Take them on a pub crawl and then Supermacs afterwards.

"Put a snail trap in your garden tonight then marinate the snails in garlic and wine , cook over a hot heat ....et voila, bon apetit!!

You've to purge them for a few days before cooking them, otherwise you'll need a trip to A&E

Omg! Ok backtrack backtrack...it was just a joke..honest!! "

Detox for snails. "No more lettce leaves, you're going in the pot"

a good red Cote Du Rhone will be a winner available in Tesco

By *al2001Man  over a year ago

kildare

With wine its better to stick with what you know. Buckfast so

maybe instead of french food, serve them nice traditional irish food but modernised. they are in ireland after all and want to experience everything irish.

lamb

potatoe cakes with butchers black pud and smolked salmon etc

look up nevin mcguire, he really does great contemporary irish food

you mean chateauneuf De pape

Being French myself I may be in a good position to answer your question

I'm actually pretty familiar to this situation as the exact opposite happens to me every time I go back to France. When I visit my brother he always offers me a can of guinness for the 'aperitif' in an attempt to please me even though I've already told him that I get much better guinness any time I want from my local pub. I believe that if you try to cook these guys something French you would be doing exactly the same as my brother. Keep it Irish! It's what you know best and it is what they were looking for coming here (son they'll be back in France and won't find Irish stuff anymore). I'm sure they never had any crisps sandwich or chees and onions crisps chocolate

» Add a new message to this topic